Coachella...

PDA

View Full Version : Coachella...

DorkusMalorkus
01-31-2006, 04:46 PM
I already submitted it as an article but I couldn't wait to tell everyone...

Saturday, April 29th
Depeche Mode, Franz Ferdinand, Sigur Ros, Common, Damian Marley, Atmosphere, Carl Cox, My Morning Jacket, Ladytron , Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Tosca, Cat Power, Animal Collective, HARD-fi, Derrick Carter, Devendra Banhart, She Wants Revenge, The Walkmen, The Juan Maclean, Audio Bullys, Imogen Heap, Lady Sovereign, Deerhoof, The Duke Spirit, Editors, stellastarr*, Lyrics Born, Matt Costa, The New Amsterdams, The Zutons, Platinum Piped Pipers, White Rose Movement, Chris Liberator, Colette, Joey Beltram, Hybrid, Wolfmother, The Like, Living Things, Nine Black Alps, The Section Quartet, Infadels, Youth Group, Shy FX & T Power, Infusion.

Sunday, April 30th
Tool, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Bloc Party, Paul Oakenfold, Scissor Sisters, Matisyahu, James Blunt, TV on the Radio, Sleater-Kinney , Mogwai, Coheed and Cambria, Gnarls Barkley, Coldcut, Phoenix, Digable Planets, Amadou & Mariam, Little Louie Vega, Mylo (DJ Set), Seu Jorge, Wolf Parade, The Go! Team, Kaskade, Metric, Art Brut, Dungen, The Dears, Jamie Lidell, The Magic Numbers, Los Amigos Invisibles, Jazzanova, Michael Mayer, Mates of State, Gilles Peterson, Gabriel & Dresden, The Subways, Minus the Bear, Be Your Own Pet, Giant Drag, Kristina Sky, The Octopus Project.

This is from whoever is in power at the coachella forum

http://p073.ezboard.com/fgoldenvoicefrm9.showMessage?topicID=4118.topic

DorkusMalorkus
01-31-2006, 10:11 PM
Crap! As of now I can only go to one day!

Anyone else live in california? C'mon!

dougiecrystals
01-31-2006, 11:04 PM
Man, that awesome, but why only one day?^

I think I'd actually rather go to Coachella rather than SXSW ...only cause of Bright Eyes.

But then again, Coachella doesn't have Fall Of Troy playing, nor a crapload of other bands..

pixiesfanyo
01-31-2006, 11:28 PM
it sucks. it's a bunch of ****ty neo-indie bands and tool.

beh.

thembones16
01-31-2006, 11:55 PM
tool=the whole show

MyMetalHeart<3
02-01-2006, 02:22 AM
i wanna go. the lineup this year is better than last. i wanna try and fly down

sponj
02-01-2006, 05:24 PM
what the ****? your festivals are like huge, you can't see all those shows in the same day, or they have to be very very little and you need like 5 stages, great line up but...

DorkusMalorkus
02-01-2006, 05:27 PM
Of course you can't see them all in one day. It is a 2 day thing. But even still you can't watch them all, you have to pick who you want.

The Mofaster
02-01-2006, 06:00 PM
Goin' both days....

If you too are goin... tell me and I'll see ya there!!!!

:)

DorkusMalorkus
02-01-2006, 06:02 PM
I'm working on it. I got one day so far for sure. I'm trying to bribe my dad into taking me both days or letting me go with a friend with a $50 gift card to best buy.

paulpaulpaul
02-02-2006, 09:24 AM
is there camping on site?

DorkusMalorkus
02-02-2006, 05:49 PM
Yes ^ $35 bucks

things are looking better...my dad thought it was on my moms birthday but it is the day after. I may have a chance.

MyMetalHeart<3
02-03-2006, 01:23 AM
does anyone live near there?

divid3d
02-03-2006, 06:07 AM
nice, i'd go to that. haha can't believe wolfmother will be there, go aussies.

unluCKY...

DorkusMalorkus
02-03-2006, 12:50 PM
I'm an hour away.

sponj
02-03-2006, 06:07 PM
I'd love to go there, those festivals sound hella tiring, but awesome.

This is one of the best line ups ever conceibed for a fest down here. ._. (http://www.paredesdecoura.com/programa/).... I couldn't go, :'|.

slinks
02-03-2006, 07:10 PM
Well, I live in Michigan, which is about as opposite of California as you can possibly be. If I were anywhere near CA I'd consider going. I'd very much like to see Wolf Parade, Sigur Ros, Cat Power and Deerhoof. Animal Collective too, but I'm seeing them in 3 weeks anyway.....

sydbarrettsaves
02-03-2006, 08:11 PM
jaimie if you don't ask for free tickets to fly im going to be really pissed at you. every time we try to do something you don't even bother to give it a real shot.

MOGWAI....? i'm weeping

DorkusMalorkus
02-03-2006, 10:54 PM
My dad is so mean! He started talking about taking me both days and not getting me anything else and said, "Well since I want it to be a suprise for your birthday and I'm not sure if I want to take you to both days, I'm not gonna tell you if I'm taking you both days, but I am gonna go buy the tickets now."

Grr!

I'm pretty sure I'll get to go both days, but there is still that lingering feeling...

DorkusMalorkus
02-04-2006, 12:19 AM
jaimie if you don't ask for free tickets to fly im going to be really pissed at you. every time we try to do something you don't even bother to give it a real shot.

MOGWAI....? i'm weeping
You guys might be interested in this
http://p073.ezboard.com/fgoldenvoicefrm10.showMessage?topicID=858.topic

It's from the carpooling forum of the Coachella message bard.

The Mofaster
02-04-2006, 12:25 AM
Well I guess I will be seeing you there then DorkusMalorkus....

well... If i knew what you look like....

maybe you can wear a sign that says "HEY IM DORKUSMARLORKUS!" or something...

and I'll spot ya.

im not mental
02-04-2006, 01:44 AM
man, my cousin just got free 2-day passes to it. i'm so jealous. i really wanna see tool and i wouldn't mind seeing coheed again.

DorkusMalorkus
02-04-2006, 10:15 AM
How did he get free ones? ^
Well I guess I will be seeing you there then DorkusMalorkus....

well... If i knew what you look like....

maybe you can wear a sign that says "HEY IM DORKUSMARLORKUS!" or something...

and I'll spot ya.
Look me up in the pic thread...Not the first couple of ones though because I got my hair cut.

sydbarrettsaves
02-13-2006, 11:28 PM
well mymetalheart and i decided we are going too so we will see all your asses there maybe you smoke you a bowlski

DorkusMalorkus
02-14-2006, 12:45 AM
How do you guys know each other?

sydbarrettsaves
02-15-2006, 08:19 PM
we've been bffs for about six years. we met on a camping trip of sorts. both from seattle so we're gunna fly do thur

DorkusMalorkus
02-15-2006, 10:09 PM
You can try to win a trip to coachella at urbanoutfitters.com

I entered...:D

That's pretty cool that you guys know eachother and such.

sydbarrettsaves
02-15-2006, 10:14 PM
her mom is a flight attendent so we can fly for free. tickets to the show would be nice though... are you camping as well?

DorkusMalorkus
02-15-2006, 11:44 PM
No actually, I live an hour away, so I will just drive there both days.

MyMetalHeart<3
02-16-2006, 12:30 AM
do you know how far of a drive it is from the palm springs airport

DorkusMalorkus
02-16-2006, 09:13 AM
IT doesn't seem that far...no more than 30 miles? and that is at the most.

thestrumbum
02-16-2006, 11:41 PM
No mars volta, I don't think I'm hitting this up.

rogue.orchid
02-17-2006, 01:06 AM
haha wow wolfmother are playing - i dont expect big crowds for them in america...

they are f*cking huge in oz... every d*ckhead at the big day out was there to see them.

eye_kaint_spael
02-17-2006, 02:15 AM
i might go just to see sigur rós. plus my friend will pay for me if i drive there. it's a 6 hour drive though.

Goon
02-17-2006, 04:27 AM
haha wow wolfmother are playing - i dont expect big crowds for them in america...

they are f*cking huge in oz... every d*ckhead at the big day out was there to see them.

That's right hey! Over here it was a heaps big mosh, even bigger than the White Stripes and Iggy Pop. Heaps of people got really badly injured. I was like meh it's only Wolfmother, a few months ago they were round here playing pretty personal gigs and such.

I couldn't be bothered getting to involved seeing them, too many people. At festivals I just walk past and be like hey, i've seen Wolfmother... that's neat.

I'd suggest any of you Californians to do the same as me; at least check them out.
You's get the best show's I'm jealous. I love the Californian music scene. :)

DorkusMalorkus
02-27-2006, 08:23 PM
^ eh...it's not so great. In my town it is a bunch of grindcore/hardcore/metalish stuff. I hate it. Although, I don't know all of the bands, so I'm not sure.

Anyway. I got my tickets. My dad bought them earlier, but didn't give them to me until Saturday (my birthday). I was pretty sure I was going, but having the tickets is just a lot more fun.

The Mofaster
03-01-2006, 11:35 AM
^ eh...it's not so great. In my town it is a bunch of grindcore/hardcore/metalish stuff. I hate it. Although, I don't know all of the bands, so I'm not sure.

Anyway. I got my tickets. My dad bought them earlier, but didn't give them to me until Saturday (my birthday). I was pretty sure I was going, but having the tickets is just a lot more fun.

Well at least I know your going...

And now that I know what you look like... if I see ya i'll say hello over at Coachella.

MyMetalHeart<3
03-01-2006, 01:26 PM
did people sell the chron last year? im not willing to fugg with the feds to get joint materials on the plane

DorkusMalorkus
03-01-2006, 05:50 PM
did people sell the chron last year? im not willing to fugg with the feds to get joint materials on the plane
Well, drugs aren't allowed. I've never been so I don't know. Try either A) going to the coachella forum or B) not doing drugs?

i_strum_i_drum
03-01-2006, 06:13 PM
i regret to admit that i live in massachusetts :sad:

MyMetalHeart<3
03-02-2006, 01:52 PM
drugs are never allowed in festivals but that doesnt mean they wont be there. plus, mj isnt really a drug

DorkusMalorkus
03-02-2006, 09:11 PM
Guess who has been added?

Madonna? (http://www.coachella.com/)
:confused:

sydbarrettsaves
03-05-2006, 09:22 PM
disturbing in the least....

phobos
03-05-2006, 11:52 PM
i'm there for Ted Leo/Rx...but he's not on that list? last i checked he was gonna be there.

*shrugs*

i'm hoping my sister'll get me a ticket and drive me over. not more than a few hours away from me, i dont think...

DorkusMalorkus
03-06-2006, 09:04 AM
i'm there for Ted Leo/Rx...but he's not on that list? last i checked he was gonna be there.

*shrugs*

i'm hoping my sister'll get me a ticket and drive me over. not more than a few hours away from me, i dont think...
Yeah he is. Second day....look a little harder

phobos
03-07-2006, 01:17 AM
Yeah he is. Second day....look a little harder
pfft...well SOMEONE cut it out of the list you posted :rolleyes:

i've been itching to see Ted Leo/Rx in concert for ages. hopefully i can go.

DorkusMalorkus
03-07-2006, 09:06 AM
I wouldn't trust my list anymore, they keep making changes.

Finalstraw23
03-10-2006, 12:14 AM
Live in Kansas no way I could go, but Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Wolf Parade, She wants Revenge, Tool, Bloc Party, I mean it's like a dream line up. If the Arctic monkeys were added, it would be even more incredible than it already is.

K-Lizzle
03-10-2006, 02:18 PM
Man, I wish I could go to a Coachella festival.

sydbarrettsaves
03-10-2006, 11:21 PM
who wants to go in on a plan with me to assasinate madonna before she gets on stage

DorkusMalorkus
03-11-2006, 10:47 AM
who wants to go in on a plan with me to assasinate madonna before she gets on stage
C'mon now, without Madonna, we wouldn't have Ciccone Youth and the awsome song Into the Groovey...or the normal song Into the Groove (yes I like that song).

sydbarrettsaves
03-11-2006, 07:11 PM
youre right, maybe she'll bring britney spears along too! then christina aguleria could come and they could all make out on stage. coachella rules!

DorkusMalorkus
03-11-2006, 11:09 PM
youre right, maybe she'll bring britney spears along too! then christina aguleria could come and they could all make out on stage. coachella rules!
I'm kind of glad she is going.

My dad, who is taking me, wants to see her...he was reluctant to take me, so I'm glad he'll get to enjoy that...

DorkusMalorkus
04-23-2006, 12:41 AM
OmGwTf SiCks DaYs Mo' Fu Uh!

DorkusMalorkus
04-27-2006, 07:05 PM
Here are the set times!

http://coachella.com/06_sat.jpg

http://coachella.com/06_sun.jpg

Goon
04-27-2006, 08:50 PM
Awesome festival, wish I could go :( . Everyone should try to see Sleater- Kinney.
Definitely one of the best shows i've ever seen.

DorkusMalorkus
04-27-2006, 09:09 PM
I plan on it. I'll take pictures and report back around tuesday.

SpareKey
04-28-2006, 10:23 AM
I already submitted it as an article but I couldn't wait to tell everyone...

Saturday, April 29th
Depeche Mode, Franz Ferdinand, Sigur Ros, Common, Damian Marley, Atmosphere, Carl Cox, My Morning Jacket, Ladytron , Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Tosca, Cat Power, Animal Collective, HARD-fi, Derrick Carter, Devendra Banhart, She Wants Revenge, The Walkmen, The Juan Maclean, Audio Bullys, Imogen Heap, Lady Sovereign, Deerhoof, The Duke Spirit, Editors, stellastarr*, Lyrics Born, Matt Costa, The New Amsterdams, The Zutons, Platinum Piped Pipers, White Rose Movement, Chris Liberator, Colette, Joey Beltram, Hybrid, Wolfmother, The Like, Living Things, Nine Black Alps, The Section Quartet, Infadels, Youth Group, Shy FX & T Power, Infusion.

Sunday, April 30th
Tool, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Bloc Party, Paul Oakenfold, Scissor Sisters, Matisyahu, James Blunt, TV on the Radio, Sleater-Kinney , Mogwai, Coheed and Cambria, Gnarls Barkley, Coldcut, Phoenix, Digable Planets, Amadou & Mariam, Little Louie Vega, Mylo (DJ Set), Seu Jorge, Wolf Parade, The Go! Team, Kaskade, Metric, Art Brut, Dungen, The Dears, Jamie Lidell, The Magic Numbers, Los Amigos Invisibles, Jazzanova, Michael Mayer, Mates of State, Gilles Peterson, Gabriel & Dresden, The Subways, Minus the Bear, Be Your Own Pet, Giant Drag, Kristina Sky, The Octopus Project.

This is from whoever is in power at the coachella forum

http://p073.ezboard.com/fgoldenvoicefrm9.showMessage?topicID=4118.topic
I wanted to go to that SO bad :[
Bloc Party would definantly be my favorite part, I've ALWAYS wanted to see one of their gigs.

S0ulja23
04-30-2006, 03:18 AM
Woah I'm new around the Coachella area. I didnt know about this music festival! I didnt even know that any UG'ers lived around here

EDIT:Hold on, you mean Coachella as in around palm springs right?

starsnostars
04-30-2006, 03:46 AM
Woah I'm new around the Coachella area. I didnt know about this music festival!

where'd you live before?

in a cave?

DorkusMalorkus
04-30-2006, 11:45 AM
Woah I'm new around the Coachella area. I didnt know about this music festival! I didnt even know that any UG'ers lived around here

EDIT:Hold on, you mean Coachella as in around palm springs right?
It is in Indio.

I don't live that close. I'm an hours drive away. But with all the traffic just to get in. It took about 2 and half.

First day was great! I'll tell you all more later.

unplugged110
04-30-2006, 12:04 PM
did anybody check out the webcast last night? I saw my morning jacket and sigur ros play before i fell asleep. Sigur Ros was amazing!

S0ulja23
04-30-2006, 03:27 PM
where'd you live before?

in a cave?
L.a.

Goon
05-03-2006, 02:01 AM
There's already heaps of video's of this years Coachella on youtube, most bad quality but you get the main idea it seems.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search=2006+coachella&search_type=search_videos

I'm not really a fan but I heard Daft Punk where really good. I'm waiting for those of you who were there to report back soon !! :)

DorkusMalorkus
05-03-2006, 09:33 AM
Didn't see Daft Punk. I'm gonna make a new thread with all my pics and video's. But I have been busy with tests at school.

The Mofaster
05-03-2006, 05:22 PM
Im just waiting for DorkusMalorkus to do that thread he said he was going to do... That way I can post some pics myself and all.

Besides I also need to talk to the guy.

j0nmcc
05-03-2006, 06:46 PM
I only just caught this thread

and my god, that set list is AMAZING!

It just looks so varied!

Lots of techo, lots of indie, lots of rock

It sounds like such a kick ass festival!