First song, please give advice! (powertab)

PDA

View Full Version : First song, please give advice! (powertab)

Dxking
02-01-2006, 04:11 PM
Well I have made about half of a song on powertab editor, but I don't really know where to go with it or how to improve it...I know it needs a lot of work so useful thoughts would be appreciated! :p:

Evian
02-01-2006, 04:23 PM
It doesn't work. The riffs arent memorable and it doesnt flow. The riffs don't really work together.

AAA_the_band
02-01-2006, 04:57 PM
the intro is sweet, but to tell you the truth i hated it, the riffs weren't original or memorable in any way, and at the end it didn't sound good going back to the intro,
sorry pal, it just didn't do anything for me but here it is

Guitar-4/10, the intro was awesome, the rest wasnt
Bass- 6/10, i liked how it was mostly independant of the guitar in the beginning, but not so much at the end
Overall- 3/10, it would be higher, but it just sounded bad like i said before, someone else may like it, but i didn't

Dxking
02-01-2006, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the honesty guys! Like I said, my first one and it needs A LOT of work..The intro was the only part I was sure sounded good, and maybe the first bass line. Any tips on writing some cool riffs to go along with the intro?

Evian
02-01-2006, 05:06 PM
Play along with it. That how I write riffs most of the time. Just mess around.

AAA_the_band
02-01-2006, 05:08 PM
well, just off the top of my head, i can see a hard distortion part coming right after the bass line, something in a minor key, but thats just me.

Good Intro, i love it, if i haven't said.

Dxking
02-01-2006, 05:12 PM
Yeah, I don't really know keys or anything like that, I bet I sound like such an idiot...Lol. Yeah, I'll mess around with it though, I'm actually trying to write something so my friend and I can actually play it and record it. Thanks so much again for all the useful advice!

slash_620
02-02-2006, 01:46 PM
Use measures....

mmm...it's a first attempt,and you cant tell,but it's not awful for a first try...just keep practicing and it'll get better.