Beck!!!!!!!!!!

PDA

View Full Version : Beck!!!!!!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

peanut head
02-03-2006, 11:39 PM
shouldn't beck get some respect as a guitarist! he has Never been on the cover of any guitar magazine and his tabs are so hard to find on the internet! but BLINK 182 get so much attention for all of their 'music'! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

DorkusMalorkus
02-03-2006, 11:46 PM
Beck is pretty damn cool...

Zeke5000
02-03-2006, 11:58 PM
He's been on covers.

rogue.orchid
02-04-2006, 06:23 AM
if your gonna make a thread - make it interesting....
dont make a thread were everyone can just say yes!

beck - cool
blink 182 - uncool

Tenacious_dex
02-04-2006, 07:38 AM
I like Beck. Only heard a handful of songs from his albums but they seem pretty good. Loser, Devil's Haircut and Epro are probably his best.

Abe
02-04-2006, 08:36 AM
I like Beck. Only heard a handful of songs from his albums but they seem pretty good. Loser, Devil's Haircut and Epro are probably his best.

Here here/I concur/Agreed and 1000 other words and phrases that mean the same thing

:cheers:

jallas
02-04-2006, 08:40 AM
I have his Mutations and Guero albums... both pretty darn good IMO, I'll probably buy some more sometime when I can be bothered :)
Beck is gorgeous though. Like hot as hell.

AcidBath443
02-04-2006, 08:42 AM
One of the few non-metal artists I listen to, never got around to picking up a cd. Any one got suggestions on the first one to get?

Biggs
02-04-2006, 09:51 AM
Beck is one of those that I can listen to, but I've never been able to get in to his stuff that much. I've never understood all the hype.

DorkusMalorkus
02-04-2006, 10:16 AM
One of the few non-metal artists I listen to, never got around to picking up a cd. Any one got suggestions on the first one to get?
Odelay

duncang
02-04-2006, 11:54 AM
I've heard Odelay and Guero, and I love them both.

E-Pro is great.

cliff_em_all
02-06-2006, 08:11 AM
Becks the man, the man with the plan to make frekishly cool weird music.

Ace Frehley
02-06-2006, 08:13 AM
They're ok!

Gideon Ravenor
02-06-2006, 11:15 AM
Beck rocks my socks.

agreth_3rd
02-06-2006, 11:22 AM
I have guero, odelay, mutations and midnite vultures. MIDNITE VULTURES is the best by far. amazing album. nothing beats milk & honey, pressure zone and debrah. best beck songs by a million miles.

FunkedUp
02-06-2006, 12:10 PM
They're ok!

He, not 'they'.

Get Odelay or Midnite Vultures

LKW
02-06-2006, 12:59 PM
Beck rocks. He hasn't made a bad album yet. My favorites are Midnite Vultures and Sea Change.

He's not a particularly great guitarist though... he gets the job done but it's never the guitar that impresses me. What impresses me are things like the colossal arrangements on Midnite Vultures or the simplicity of something as corny as "nanananana" or "doodoodoo" for a chorus working so well. But mostly, i'm impressed by his ability to make a unique and excentric mashup of genres, which is still accessible, dancable and catchy.

MyMetalHeart<3
02-07-2006, 12:07 AM
i have all the best ones: guero, mellow gold, odelay and sea change.

i like sea change the best. beck kicks a lot of ass.

the gay lord who started this thread has a small brain though

terrencemaddox
02-07-2006, 12:37 AM
shouldn't beck get some respect as a guitarist! he has Never been on the cover of any guitar magazine and his tabs are so hard to find on the internet! but BLINK 182 get so much attention for all of their 'music'! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!
haha, I can't get over your sig.

yeah actually Beck has expressed frustration in the past over his own guitar playing and once even said he would like to improve his lead guitar skills. I usually don't even think of his guitar playing though.

utsapp89
02-07-2006, 08:16 PM
I picked up Guerolito the other day. The original pwnzors it, but I think some of the remixes are pretty badass. It's kindof hit-or-miss, though.

C-Wak
02-28-2006, 06:57 PM
I have guero, odelay, mutations and midnite vultures. MIDNITE VULTURES is the best by far. amazing album. nothing beats milk & honey, pressure zone and debrah. best beck songs by a million miles.

thank you

I like how he expiriments with lots of teqnices instead of sounding like average-guitar-holding-man-that-sings-too

RHCPhysco8
02-28-2006, 08:03 PM
beck is the tits.

i NEED to get some albums from him though.

jallas
03-01-2006, 10:43 AM
I know I've already psoted in here but oh well.

I watched the futurama episode with Beck in t'other day, seen as my brother bought the entire dvd box set :/ but yeah man is that episode the best. Anyone seen? It's the one where Bender gets broken and he and Beck team up to put on Bend-Aid

I swear, the Zylon & Garfunkel bit on stage is the funniest thing since... ever.

shifto
03-01-2006, 02:25 PM
:haha

Are you going to Scarborough Fair?

PARSLEY SAGE ROSEMARY AND THYME

Remember me to one who loves there

SHE ONCE WAS A TRUE LOVE OF MINE

On topic, Beck is great. I love Odelay, must pick up some other albums.

Mack56
03-01-2006, 07:40 PM
I know I've already psoted in here but oh well.

I watched the futurama episode with Beck in t'other day, seen as my brother bought the entire dvd box set :/ but yeah man is that episode the best. Anyone seen? It's the one where Bender gets broken and he and Beck team up to put on Bend-Aid

I swear, the Zylon & Garfunkel bit on stage is the funniest thing since... ever.

Like when i was writing Devil's Haircute, i was feeling really....uh...What was that song about again? :)

Beck is teh pwn. end of story. :)

Paint
03-01-2006, 07:47 PM
beck is sweet

fretsofhell
03-01-2006, 08:17 PM
[QUOTE Epro are probably his best.[/QUOTE]

here here

The e-pro riff is so catchy. I sat around for hours playing it

Paint
03-01-2006, 09:17 PM
haha...i was just listening to Beck...then i realized i already posted here like...15 min ago

_stalemate_
03-02-2006, 01:04 PM
So just to inform anyone who doesn't visit the main page on UG...

Beck is scheduled to open for Radiohead on some upcoming tour dates...
How killer is that?!!?

pleeeaaaasse come to the Midwest...

andersoncouncil
06-20-2006, 12:04 AM
new cd in september

Cal UK
06-20-2006, 01:52 AM
Becks pretty cool hes fun to play. especially E Pro

LKW
06-20-2006, 04:16 AM
new cd in september
Awesome. It says on his website that it's finished and that he worked with Nigel Godrich, who also produced Sea Change, and i believe Mutations as well (not sure about that one). That combination has certainly worked before. So i'm guessing we can expect something mostly accoustic. Not surprising, not long ago he had a whole series of Nick Drake covers on his site.

Monkeygone2hvn
06-20-2006, 06:02 PM
i love beck my favorite songs are probably

lost cause
sissyneck
new polution
sex laws
beautiful way
girl
jack-ass

and many more i love all of his albums but my favorite is definitly sea change there is some amazing stuff on there...

xX*Zeppelin*Xx
06-22-2006, 12:59 PM
Sea Change is one of my favourite albums of all time. It's a masterpiece. I don't really like his other stuff though, which is weird.

scoob666
06-22-2006, 01:38 PM
That episode's great.

Beck: Congratulations my friend.
Bender: Why, because I can make annoying noises?
Beck: Exactly. I use them all the time in my music.

MattDaviesFFAF
06-22-2006, 02:51 PM
Here, did Beck write that song "Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime"?

Because I cannot, for the life of me, think of anybody else who played it.

Godzilla1969
06-22-2006, 06:12 PM
Beck's awesome. He makes the only modern hip hop songs that I like to listen to, and his more rock oriented songs are killer.

peanut head
06-26-2006, 06:11 PM
wow, i'm supried as many people feel the same as me! WOW!

HelpImARock
06-26-2006, 10:56 PM
I have Guero, Mellow Gold, Odelay! and Midnite Vultures. I never really thought of Beck as much of a guitarist to be honest, like he's obviously competent, but most of his **** isn't really guitar driven.

Gurgle!Argh!
06-28-2006, 07:24 AM
BECK = GENIUS.

and thats a fact.

Unseen_hero
07-01-2006, 01:46 AM
not long ago he had a whole series of Nick Drake covers on his site.

damn.. I missed that

Beck is subtlely awesome. Odelay (along with Beastie Boy's Ill Communication) was one of the first cds I ever had as a kid.

I know it's already been said many times how ingenious it is how he can mesh so many musical styles seamlessly. If you're only half-listening you can easily miss the density of it all.

I recently bought sea change.. haven't listened to it much yet. The violins are a bit overthetop sometimes (like some of Nick Drake's stuff--takes away from the music).

Anyone seen the 'lost-ish' album of his? It's got more of his delta blues influence which is a major plus for me.

http://search.insound.com/search/showrelease.jsp?p=INS15378

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000003RN0/sr=8-1/qid=1151732627/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-0866792-5014216?ie=UTF8

a tune (can't directly link off epitonic anymore... revamped epitonic sucks):

www.epitonic.com/artists/beck.html 'he's a might good leader'

two of the guys from lync (pre 764-hero and red stars theory fame) play on the album as well.

YAY_FOR_PIE
07-01-2006, 11:25 PM
He's okay IMO. I don't really listen to him though.

DorkusMalorkus
07-02-2006, 11:17 AM
A friend and I were having an argument about Mellow Gold/Pure Guava (ween). He said Mellow Gold ripped of Pure Guava, I said it didn't. He kept saying Loser ripped it off, but that song was played live before the release of Pure Guava. The rest of the album was recorded (or written, I suppose) after the release of Pure Guava. Do you think Beck ripped of Ween? I don't.

Mellow Gold
07-03-2006, 03:39 PM
the song Loser was recorded in the late 80's.

noise_is_good!
07-03-2006, 04:30 PM
Beck is subtlely awesome.
he is widely regarded as the greatest musical genius of the past decade...

peanut head
07-03-2006, 06:18 PM
I'm so glad I am not the only one who respects beck as a MUSICAL GENIOUS and a phenomenal guitar player. If you look at the credits on his albums he plays just about every thing! :D

Unseen_hero
07-04-2006, 04:28 PM
he is widely regarded as the greatest musical genius of the past decade...

you didn't read what i meant chief.

All the aspects of his music mesh together so well in some songs you can miss it if you are only have listening.

Like the subtle acoustic bits odelay in such. That is subtle.... .... .... .

heaven's gate
07-18-2006, 09:31 PM
beck's incredible. i have all his albums (...okay okay i downloaded mutations and sea change, but i plan on buying mutations) except for his early early stuff (one foot in the grave, stereopathic soulmanure). on each album there is only about two MAYBE three songs i dont like (sweet sunshine, except that bass is pro, hollywood freaks, get real paid, hell yes, chain reaction's okay...). ANYWAYS, im not a huge fan of odelay, it's good, but it's not one of my favourites. as a guitarist, he does the job well, but he's not in the top 150 i'd say. his blues are great. and he plays harmonica!

just got the guero guitar songbook today. soooooo good. farewell ride is SO fun to play, along with the rest of course...

heaven's gate
07-20-2006, 02:47 PM
i read an interview and he said the new album is gonna be hip-hop based......

LKW
07-20-2006, 05:26 PM
That's interesting, considering it's produced by Nigel Godrich (Sea Change, Mutations, most Radiohead) rather than the Dust Brothers (Odelay!, Guero, Midnite Vultures, Beastie Boys, Coolio, Biz Markie). I never heard Godrich produce a hip-hop album, not even close.

heaven's gate
07-20-2006, 09:33 PM
here, check it out: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1535009/20060623/beck.jhtml?headlines=true

sponj
07-20-2006, 09:37 PM
That's interesting, considering it's produced by Nigel Godrich (Sea Change, Mutations, most Radiohead) rather than the Dust Brothers (Odelay!, Guero, Midnite Vultures, Beastie Boys, Coolio, Biz Markie). I never heard Godrich produce a hip-hop album, not even close.

Beastie boys? coolio? biz markie? not hip-hop? :o

LKW
07-21-2006, 03:52 AM
Beastie boys? coolio? biz markie? not hip-hop? :oI'd say they are polka. But try reading my post again, just in case.

sponj
07-21-2006, 02:34 PM
I didn't really get your post (if it's irony, torwards who?)

bobsaget13
07-22-2006, 01:15 PM
beck is awsome. I have guero, Guerlito, mutations, one foot in the grave, mellow gold, midnight vultures, and odelay, which correct me if I'm wrong is all of them so therefor i think beck is amazing good.

and see change i missed that one

Kripes
07-22-2006, 01:36 PM
"E-Pro" is annoying as hell.

AWA
07-22-2006, 01:44 PM
beck is awsome. I have guero, Guerlito, mutations, one foot in the grave, mellow gold, midnight vultures, and odelay, which correct me if I'm wrong is all of them so therefor i think beck is amazing good.
Eh, to have all of them, you'd have to own Stereopathic Soulmanure.

EmoBastard
07-22-2006, 03:28 PM
Odelay is my favorite, but Mellow Gold comes pretty damn close.

heaven's gate
07-23-2006, 02:34 PM
go to www.beck.com to hear one of his new songs; cell phone's dead. its really good

andersoncouncil
07-29-2006, 03:27 PM
I've been meaning to pick up a Beck cd for a while now. I almost got Guero and Sea Change, but I didn't because I was looking for Odelay. Which cd is his best?

YAY_FOR_PIE
07-29-2006, 04:25 PM
Just picked up Midnight Vultures, and I love it. Very good CD, I'll have to check out more of his stuff now.

AWA
07-30-2006, 03:50 PM
Get Odelay.

IronBeard
07-30-2006, 04:09 PM
Hi 5! More dead than alive!

Sorry.

j0nmcc
07-30-2006, 06:25 PM
Everybody loves Beck! :D

Sick_Boy
08-02-2006, 01:33 AM
Beck's cool and cool's Beck, simple as that. Everything that man touches turns to gold. I'm listening to Tropicalia as I type this up which is my favorite song by him. However I think Midnite Vultures is his best cd.

LKW
08-02-2006, 04:21 AM
^ Great album, Midnite Vultures, but i noticed that it got a lot of bad reviews. It's a favorite of many Beck fans, because it's funky and just plain fun, but somehow a lot of critics complained about a lack of sincerity. I tend to agree, because when he says "I'll do your laundy, massage your soul. I'll turn you over to the highway patrol", it somehow sounds like he doesn't really mean it :p:

AssortedLunatic
08-03-2006, 02:19 AM
if your gonna make a thread - make it interesting....
dont make a thread were everyone can just say yes!l

haha, yeah dude.

but beck is awesome. "lost cause" is one of my favorite songs of all time.

IF YoU like beck i suggest the Folk Implosion

TheProdigy
08-03-2006, 12:58 PM
I just got One Foot In the Grave and Stereopathic Soulmanure from ebay. Great albums, even though they were recorded in some guy's basement.

I love beck. My favorite album thus far is Sea Change by far.

paintITblack39
09-03-2006, 12:56 PM
Beck is a genius. I first listened to Guero and thought it was absolutely amazing. Then I listened to Sea Change and Odelay! :golfclap: Masterpieces, they are. I'm thinking about buying Mellow Gold along with the Information.

I think he's just screwing over Online Music Stores by releasing the Information, only because of the album cover, which is customized by the buyer of the album. Pure genius.

Tombe
09-03-2006, 01:05 PM
I saw him live at V, he was one of those 'seen on Jools Holland, thought he was pretty good' artists for me, and he absolutely blow me away. Not only was the music better than anything else I'd previously seen that day, but the stage show was genius...

First, the table. At one point the roadies pushed on a table with loads of food on it, whilst the backing band sat down and started eating whilst Beck pulled out an acoustic and did a few songs solo (including a cover of Creep which he kept getting wrong), then the entire band started playing percussion by banging the glasses and plates on the table with forks whilst Beck rapped over the top - pretty mental...

Then there was the puppets. A perfect minuature replica of the stage had been built, and several puppeteers were controlling puppets of the band on the stage, acting out perfectly everything that the band were doing, including changing the guitarist puppet's guitar when he did! On the big screens it showed the puppets instead of the band, and there was a hilarious video between the main set and the encore about the puppets exploring the festival site, and eventually trashing Radiohead's dressing room and walking out singing "This is what you'll get when you mess with us!"

Tenacious_dex
09-03-2006, 04:44 PM
^:haha
I wish I was there to see that.

LKW
10-02-2006, 11:11 AM
Apparently he's really into puppets atm, because his new video Nausea has them as well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw9_meYIQk0
It may not be the final version though, because there's another version as well.

There are some other videos of the new album on youtube btw:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il3PwMzVwms
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQNvDYFiZ2s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_2KsM5S9Hs

Sounds pretty good, all these songs kick ass. The album should come out tomorrow i believe.

scoob666
10-02-2006, 03:10 PM
^ I read that they've done videos for all the songs, and they're going to release them on YouTube.

LKW
10-03-2006, 06:00 AM
The new album's out today. I like it a lot.

Andrewbiles
10-03-2006, 09:19 AM
^ I've only seen it get a bashing from the reviews I've read. Only thing people seem to be praising is the sticker cover thing, other than that it has been pointing out in one review I read that Simple Kid's second album has arrived and is much, much better.

LKW
10-03-2006, 11:43 AM
^ I've only seen it get a bashing from the reviews I've read. Only thing people seem to be praising is the sticker cover thing, other than that it has been pointing out in one review I read that Simple Kid's second album has arrived and is much, much better.
But in all fairness, critics treat a new Beck album with unfair expectations.

Guero got a fair share of bad reviews as well, but it was pretty good imho.
I've read reviews of Sea Change where it was called samey, overproduced, a Nick Drake ripoff, a pathetic episode of self-pity, etc. But i love it.
And Midnite Vultures got accused of minstrel-like insincere parodies, where he no longer payed hommage to a style but ridiculed it, with the prime example being Hollywood Freaks... but i just happen to love that record.

In other words: critics can suck my balls.
They basically expect perfection: it should be a record as good as Odelay, but it certainly can't sound anything like it, because that would be unbecklike... that puts him in a position where he can hardly do anything right anymore.

I tried to take it for what it is: a funky record with very infectious beats, and a combination of styles that you don't hear every day, which works out in most cases. It's no masterpiece, but i enjoy it. It may be his least exciting album to date, because it all sounds very familiar and he repeats himself more than before. But i don't think it's bad by any means.

pumpkins_rule
10-03-2006, 07:18 PM

Bad reviews? It's average rating on metacritic is 79, although I often disagree with the ratings on that site. (Stankonia gets 95? Get Behind me Satan gets 80? etc.)

http://www.metacritic.com/music/artists/beck/information

Mild Vibe
10-03-2006, 07:47 PM
I NEED to get the Information.

I NEED IT!!!!11!!!

Sick_Boy
10-03-2006, 07:51 PM
His new cd "The Information" is ****in' deadly...

Godzilla1969
10-03-2006, 11:06 PM
God I love the Information. We should start a thread where we post pics of our versions of the cover. The songs are terrific as well.

paintITblack39
10-04-2006, 10:49 PM
But in all fairness, critics treat a new Beck album with unfair expectations.

Guero got a fair share of bad reviews as well, but it was pretty good imho.
I've read reviews of Sea Change where it was called samey, overproduced, a Nick Drake ripoff, a pathetic episode of self-pity, etc. But i love it.
And Midnite Vultures got accused of minstrel-like insincere parodies, where he no longer payed hommage to a style but ridiculed it, with the prime example being Hollywood Freaks... but i just happen to love that record.

In other words: critics can suck my balls.
They basically expect perfection: it should be a record as good as Odelay, but it certainly can't sound anything like it, because that would be unbecklike... that puts him in a position where he can hardly do anything right anymore.

I tried to take it for what it is: a funky record with very infectious beats, and a combination of styles that you don't hear every day, which works out in most cases. It's no masterpiece, but i enjoy it. It may be his least exciting album to date, because it all sounds very familiar and he repeats himself more than before. But i don't think it's bad by any means.
True, critics also didn't like Life Aquatic, which I thought was one of the best movies of the year. Most critics are assholes, they should let Beck do whatever he wants with his music. Every time a critic reviews a Beck album they review it as if they think its going to be another Odelay or Mellow Gold. Beck doesn't creating the same kind of music. I really liked the Information and there should be a thread about how our Information looks like :D.

AWA
10-04-2006, 11:33 PM
So, what's everyones favorite song off of The Information? Mine's Motorcade.

Godzilla1969
10-05-2006, 12:28 AM
I really like Elevator Music, actually. Soldier Jane and Motorcade are good too though.

paintITblack39
10-07-2006, 05:51 PM
I just submitted a review for The Information. Did anyone else submit one?

pumpkins_rule
10-07-2006, 06:09 PM
I just submitted a review for The Information. Did anyone else submit one?

I don't even bother with reviews anymore. I don't see the point really, reviewers on UG hand out 10's like that crazy Catholic guy downtown hands out stupid pamphlets.

DorkusMalorkus
10-07-2006, 10:53 PM
I haven't got the new one yet. I'm waiting on my dad buying it. He likes Beck. So I'm not going to purchase it, cause I figure he'll get it eventually.

My English teacher bought it, he was playing it during lunch, it sounded okay. I wasn't listening that intently though. It sounded a bit boring. I love the marionettes. The puppeters are amazing (they are the ones that did Being John Malkovich, and Team America: World Police).

PinkIsCool
10-07-2006, 11:35 PM
My buddy got the new album and he let me listen to a couple songs of of it. I liked both of them.

gregorisgod
10-08-2006, 06:03 AM

Beck rules. But he's too "alternative" for NME etc, not guitar-y enough for guitar magazines, and lets be honest, some of his songs are pretty hard to tab (some of his riffs don't even sound like a guitar!:D)

I love it though, wish to God I'd seen him and Radiohead in Edinburgh.

Lost_Rose
10-08-2006, 10:10 AM
Beck is a god, as long as we know that who cares what the magazines put on their covers

DorkusMalorkus
10-08-2006, 12:42 PM
Who cares about magazines, he was in an episode of Futurama.

sponj
10-08-2006, 01:03 PM
that episode is awesome, in fact, im gonna watch it

DorkusMalorkus
10-08-2006, 02:56 PM
Odelay is a word! Just look it up in the Becktionary.

sponj
10-08-2006, 03:39 PM
gimme the becktionary, not that one, the riming becktionary!

(you said the best quote :()

DorkusMalorkus
10-08-2006, 08:16 PM
These beads will go great with my soul...

Anyway, enough spamming...

Mild Vibe
10-08-2006, 10:53 PM
^ You started it bitch.

But, yeah, I started off with Mellow Gold, and in all honesty, it scared the living shit out of me the first couple of listens, but I love it to death now

paintITblack39
10-09-2006, 12:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9NrYHWjY9c
That's pretty awesome

Why don't they show something like that anymore?

psychodelia
10-09-2006, 01:54 AM
Has anyone read up on Beck and his Scientology connections?

DorkusMalorkus
10-09-2006, 09:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9NrYHWjY9c
That's pretty awesome

Why don't they show something like that anymore?
Haha!

"I'm Kim Deal of Sonic Youth..."

paintITblack39
10-09-2006, 01:06 PM
Haha!

"I'm Kim Deal of Sonic Youth..."
I love it when he just throws his shoe to describe his life :haha

sponj
10-09-2006, 01:14 PM
this is the best show i've ever seen. beck looks like he's trippin out of his head

I Play Guitar!
10-11-2006, 06:15 PM
just picked up "The Information" at Best Buy today and i love it.

Beck is the man!

Godzilla1969
10-11-2006, 07:09 PM
How good is the part starting at around 4:40 on the last track of The Information?

Very good.

Dr._Rock
10-12-2006, 03:45 PM
I've been meaning to pick up a Beck cd for a while now. I almost got Guero and Sea Change, but I didn't because I was looking for Odelay. Which cd is his best?

Beck cd's are all pretty varied so favorites seem to change with different people. My personal favorite is Mutations but I would pick up Odelay first.

boredretard
10-14-2006, 01:45 PM
im not beck

paintITblack39
10-15-2006, 09:17 PM
How good is the part starting at around 4:40 on the last track of The Information?

Very good.
I like that track for some reason. Its very random and weird (like Beck). I reminds me of Revolution 9, except for the fact that I like that last track in The Information much better.

Caustic
10-16-2006, 02:00 PM
I could have cried when I found out Beck was into Scientology. It's like cancer of the rationality organ.

I love Beck so much, but I have to say Scientology is the worst cult ever. And I'm a very tolerant man.

heaven's gate
10-16-2006, 05:17 PM
his new album is complete ownage, all the sings are pro, except we dance alone, havent given that one much of a chance yet...

ahahaha im going to his concert tonight! thats gonna rock!

got unbanned just in time to say that

LKW
10-16-2006, 05:32 PM
I could have cried when I found out Beck was into Scientology. It's like cancer of the rationality organ.

I love Beck so much, but I have to say Scientology is the worst cult ever. And I'm a very tolerant man.
I agree on Scientology being a ****ed up cult, but as long as Beck keeps making albums like this i won't complain.

mental_zer0
10-16-2006, 05:50 PM
beck's great. I love guero, odelay, and mellow gold. mutations is great too.

paintITblack39
10-16-2006, 06:04 PM

Yeah, its sucks that such an awful thing revolves around such an awesome guy.

Mild Vibe
10-16-2006, 06:48 PM

I guess he's not really an extremist, he was just born into it. He doesn't really fallow it to much. It's all gonna be A-OK ol' chap.

sponj
10-16-2006, 07:05 PM
what exactly is scientology? lot's of good artists and minds were involved in it and i never quite understood what it is...

Caustic
10-16-2006, 07:12 PM
Scientology is a cult (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology) that believes in Emperor Zerg and Buzz Lightyear. They also don't condone eating after midnight or getting their members wet, and are suspicious of elderly Chinese men and robots. They aim to outlaw music journalism and make silver jumpsuits a national uniform by 2010. They are led by Ziggy Stardust and his inner circle of Oompa Lumpas and reside in the Forbidden Forest, where they hunt for deer, a deer, a female deer and are bogged down in a centuries old feud with the nanny goats on the other side of the bridge.

sponj
10-16-2006, 07:26 PM
sounds awesome

heaven's gate
10-16-2006, 11:24 PM
what a concert. it was excellent!

paintITblack39
10-17-2006, 09:19 AM
sounds awesome
theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com

Is it funny now?

Dr._Rock
10-18-2006, 01:35 PM
has this been posted yet>?

new vid
Cellphone's Dead (http://mirror4.video.blip.tv/Kevathens-BeckCellphonesDead226.mov)

paintITblack39
10-18-2006, 05:42 PM
has this been posted yet>?

new vid
Cellphone's Dead (http://mirror4.video.blip.tv/Kevathens-BeckCellphonesDead226.mov)
Is that the one that comes in the DVD?

All the songs have videos made by Beck in the DVD that comes with the album.

peanut head
10-18-2006, 09:42 PM
God I avent been in here for a while! I need the information, what genre is it, beck kind of skips alot. Genres that is.

paintITblack39
10-21-2006, 08:26 PM
God I avent been in here for a while! I need the information, what genre is it, beck kind of skips alot. Genres that is.
Its Hip Hop, Indie/Alternative, and I guess a little electronica.

Godzilla1969
10-21-2006, 08:29 PM
^Blends it flawlessly too, if I may say myself...

sponj
10-21-2006, 08:35 PM
i heard two tracks from the new album and i liked it lots

paintITblack39
10-23-2006, 07:59 PM
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/b/beck/horrible_fanfare_landslide_exoskeleton_tab.htm

I submitted a tab of the last track in the Information. I was wondering if its any good, so check it for me.

heaven's gate
10-24-2006, 08:56 PM
^doesnt sound right

A--3-3-3-1-3-1-3---
E---------------------

then

G--3--2---------
D--3--2-----------
A--1--0--3-3-3-1-3-1-3-----
E-----------------

paintITblack39
10-26-2006, 09:32 AM
^doesnt sound right

A--3-3-3-1-3-1-3---
E---------------------

then

G--3--2---------
D--3--2-----------
A--1--0--3-3-3-1-3-1-3-----
E-----------------
I'll correct it and give you credit on the vers :cheers:

heaven's gate
10-26-2006, 05:00 PM
I'll correct it and give you credit on the vers :cheers:
alright, thanks!

paintITblack39
10-28-2006, 09:30 AM
alright, thanks!
I'm having a bit of trouble editting it though. It might take a while.

heaven's gate
10-28-2006, 06:58 PM
I'm having a bit of trouble editting it though. It might take a while.
ok cool.

hey, does anyone know what the deal is with the videos on the dvd? specifically nausea, on the dvd it is all weird and 'artsy' but on his website i saw the 'official' video. were the ones on the dvd like a side-project or something?

Doolittle
11-15-2006, 04:25 PM
Beck is pretty underrated, he's one of the hand full of artists that will really be remembered in the long run, remembered for good smart music. Unlike...[instert crappy pop-punk emo band you hate here]

paintITblack39
11-15-2006, 07:38 PM
I submitted a tab for Nausea, too. Check it out. I think its a 2nd version

peanut head
11-27-2006, 09:40 PM
yeah the songs on the dvd were made in like a day-for no budget!

Doolittle
11-27-2006, 10:57 PM
i think the videos were really cool, just shows again Beck is a smart man

Hpda5121
11-27-2006, 11:08 PM
wasn't he homeless at one time?

heaven's gate
11-28-2006, 01:02 AM
yeah he used to live in a shack in LA, working $4/hr jobs and forcing his way onto coffee house stages. hes also a high school dropout

sponj
11-28-2006, 03:35 PM
my record shop must be cleaning out the beck old discs cause they're all at 10. I first bought Midnight Vultures and loved it. Then bought Odelay, wich i had allready listened to but didn't pay much attention and love it twice as much! I'm thinking of buying all of them now cause they're cheaper. Beck is my new idol :heart:

Godzilla1969
11-28-2006, 10:00 PM
yeah he used to live in a shack in LA, working $4/hr jobs and forcing his way onto coffee house stages. hes also a high school dropout
Beck being a homeless high school dropout makes me want to be a homeless high school dropout.

martyr
11-29-2006, 12:39 AM
Everyone knows he's a scientologist, right??

Godzilla1969
11-29-2006, 01:04 AM
I do. He's not all pompous about it though, like Tom Cruise.

heaven's gate
11-29-2006, 05:21 PM
Beck being a homeless high school dropout makes me want to be a homeless high school dropout.
haha i know eh? somewhat tempting...

martyr
11-29-2006, 07:44 PM
His parents took him out of school, as many scientologist parents do, as well as other fanatical relegions, because they felt as though it wasn't the correct "spiritual" education he should be getting.

Anyway, The Information's in my top 10 albums of all time, and definitely my favorite Beck album so far.

andersoncouncil
11-29-2006, 08:25 PM
I've just watched the videos for Naseau and Cell Phone's dead. Great videos.

Godzilla1969
11-30-2006, 12:54 AM
All the videos from his new CD are mindblowingly brilliant. Very strange, but they're just terrific.

martyr
11-30-2006, 02:29 AM
All the videos from his new CD are mindblowingly brilliant. Very strange, but they're just terrific.

Some of the most interesting film I've ever seen.

It's absolutely fantastic, you're referring to the DVD that came with the album, right?

paintITblack39
12-02-2006, 10:49 AM
Some of the most interesting film I've ever seen.

It's absolutely fantastic, you're referring to the DVD that came with the album, right?
Yep, those videos are just brilliant.

gangsta4life
12-05-2006, 06:56 PM
Beck is one of the most creative artists that i have encountered in my young life

peanut head
12-05-2006, 10:43 PM
Dude I saw that! thurston Moore was playing guitar at the end will the beastie boy was rapping and Beck was out of his mind! I thought he was sober, maybe just insane...

aebers79
12-07-2006, 12:58 AM
dude, i like his guitar, but his lyrics are loco........................

tezhall
01-07-2007, 11:14 AM
No idea if I've already posted this on another page, but since the thread got linkied, I'll just remind everyone that Deadweight is an amazing tune, and the video is possibly one of the best ever...

Opilot
01-09-2007, 01:21 AM
i have all the best ones: guero, mellow gold, odelay and sea change.

i like sea change the best. beck kicks a lot of ass.

the gay lord who started this thread has a small brain though

=(

Tony Wanda
01-09-2007, 01:46 AM
I don't know if this was already mentioned in the beck thread cause i couldn't be arsed looking but anyone hear he Daniel Johnston cover "True love will find you in the end" It's the best song i've heard the guy sing

paintITblack39
02-07-2007, 08:27 PM
I don't know if this was already mentioned in the beck thread cause i couldn't be arsed looking but anyone hear he Daniel Johnston cover "True love will find you in the end" It's the best song i've heard the guy sing
No, but I heard Wilco covering it.

I think a lot of people covered that song.

Tombe
02-08-2007, 08:04 AM
Check these out.

Clap Hands (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCBbHtLcLqo)

Where It's At (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rehqrlBI0ww&mode=related&search=)

Andrewbiles
02-08-2007, 08:07 AM
^ Try and find the 'Clap hands' performance he did on Jools Holland, that was absolutely amazing. Convinced me to buy 'Guero'.

Godzilla1969
02-08-2007, 09:31 PM
I absolutely love the dinner table percussion on Clap Hands.

paintITblack39
02-08-2007, 11:16 PM
^ Try and find the 'Clap hands' performance he did on Jools Holland, that was absolutely amazing. Convinced me to buy 'Guero'.
I love Guero. It's the album that got me into Beck.

Tombe
02-09-2007, 07:41 AM
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxZrtonqpws&mode=related&search=) may well be the funniest thing I've seen in my life.

uhh_me?
02-09-2007, 10:47 AM
I love Guero. It's the album that got me into Beck.
Really? Guero is the album that got me out of Beck...I thought the album was pretty mediocre, I had really high expectations, but then I decided rather than all together leave Beck alone I would still listen to his older stuff and then I saw him over the summer and he was great, so I gave Guero another listen and I still think it is meh, but I can deal with that since The Information was good.

Whoa that was kind of incoherent...

Godzilla1969
02-09-2007, 07:35 PM
^I know. I like Guero, but I think The Information just blew it out of the water.

Mack56
02-10-2007, 03:29 AM
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxZrtonqpws&mode=related&search=) may well be the funniest thing I've seen in my life.

Man, i need to learn me some sitcom bass.

martyr
02-10-2007, 03:04 PM
^I know. I like Guero, but I think The Information just blew it out of the water.
The Information blew almost ever album I've ever heard out of the water.

Godzilla1969
02-10-2007, 05:01 PM
^Too true, my friend. Too true.

Tombe
02-11-2007, 02:19 PM
I'm really not that impressed by The Information, to be honest...

heaven's gate
04-25-2007, 10:25 PM
i thought id revive this with some interesting interviews i found the other day

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1wHBl7HRv3E&mode=related&search=

there are three parts

ModestPixies16
04-25-2007, 11:20 PM
Beck one of my favorite musicians of all time! Everything he does is so innovative. Odelay and The Information are two of my top 5 favorite albums ever made.

heaven's gate
04-26-2007, 11:25 PM
yeah the information owns. its in my top three (no order): Midnite Vultures, Guero, The Information. but i love all his albums almost equally. except for odelay, that one is my least favourite. im not sure why, but it just is, but i still like it of course. and i absolutely love hotwax, novocane, and minus

i wish this thread saw more action

mr moustache
05-13-2007, 09:26 PM
i like guero. and the information. both are good albums. there is such a variety on his music.

Love_Buzz
05-14-2007, 03:53 PM
i thought id revive this with some interesting interviews i found the other day

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1wHBl7HRv3E&mode=related&search=

there are three parts
I love how he introduces Beck :D

paintITblack39
05-17-2007, 09:06 AM
I just bought Mellow Gold

And it's amazing :D

LKW
05-17-2007, 09:09 AM
Not liking Beck should be punishable by a giant capital L tattoo'd on your forehead so everybody can see what a **** you are.

heaven's gate
05-17-2007, 06:03 PM
I just bought Mellow Gold

And it's amazing :D
its gotta be one of the best debut albums. my favourites off it are soul sucking jerk and mutherfuker. i love mutherfuker because its so simple and so not beck, which makes it really cool, imo. all the songs off it are great. and LKW, i agree :cool:

LKW
05-18-2007, 08:02 AM
Yeah Mellow Gold was a great debut. Beck has calmed down a lot since then, and has become a lot more focused, but i'm not sure which i prefer. I mean, the music on The Information is better than on Mellow Gold imho but it also sort of lacks the spontaneity and energy he had on his earlier albums. But i guess he just grew up. I don't really mind though, The Information was a great record. And his live shows still seem pretty crazy, i really gotta see him some time.

But anyway...

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/3213/yourealoserbabype8.jpg

True story.

paintITblack39
05-18-2007, 08:40 AM
:haha @ LKW
its gotta be one of the best debut albums. my favourites off it are soul sucking jerk and mutherfuker. i love mutherfuker because its so simple and so not beck, which makes it really cool, imo. all the songs off it are great. and LKW, i agree :cool:
I love Motherfuker too. It's so weird.

I also love ****in' With My Head

heaven's gate
05-18-2007, 08:05 PM
hahaha good stuff LKW. ive seen him once, and i think im gonna make it a habit to see him every time he comes here

Caustic
05-19-2007, 09:07 AM
I'm really digging Sea Changes at the moment.

heaven's gate
05-19-2007, 10:10 PM
Sea Change is great. pretty much his only album that makes sense lyrically. my favourite off it has got to be Lonesome Tears

rustymoore91
05-20-2007, 08:11 AM
he has been on countless acoustic magazine covers!!

paintITblack39
05-20-2007, 10:55 AM
My favorite track off Sea Change is Golden Age.

I Play Guitar!
05-21-2007, 04:12 PM
I'm really digging Sea Changes at the moment.

Sea Change was my first Beck album. Probably his best work (and yes, i consider it better than Odelay :) )

It's All In Your Mind is my favorite track off it.

paintITblack39
05-22-2007, 09:10 AM
I considered it his best work, and then I listened to Odelay again. :p:

Caustic
05-22-2007, 09:52 AM
Well, Odelay defines Beck as an artist - namely all over the place and great because of it.

I find Sea Change is fantastic because it shows another side of him, where he can be sincere and focused as well as wildly creative. It's sort of like the odd branch of the tree of Beck, with Odelay being the trunk.

I know I've not said anything relevant here, I can't say I prefer Sea Change over Odelay... or Odelay over Sea Change. They're too different to compare.

7PlaGues
05-22-2007, 09:54 AM
i am a huge beck fan and really love his older folk style songs. One foot in the grave, stereopathetic soul manure are two damn good beck albums. every beck fan should own these two albums.

heaven's gate
05-22-2007, 07:01 PM
i've been looking for either of those in stores, but with not much luck, though i saw one of the two in a store one time, but bought midnite vultures instead of the other. next time i see them, i gonna pick em up without thinking.

i love midnite vultures, definitely in my top three for beck albums. although it isnt very diverse, i like how its so spastic and full of energy. plus it has milk and honey, prob my fave beck song.
what do you guys think of MV?

paintITblack39
05-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Well, Odelay defines Beck as an artist - namely all over the place and great because of it.

I find Sea Change is fantastic because it shows another side of him, where he can be sincere and focused as well as wildly creative. It's sort of like the odd branch of the tree of Beck, with Odelay being the trunk.

I know I've not said anything relevant here, I can't say I prefer Sea Change over Odelay... or Odelay over Sea Change. They're too different to compare.
Isn't Beck the odd branch of the tree? :p:

Love_Buzz
05-24-2007, 07:42 PM
no Beck is the odd tree :p:

paintITblack39
05-24-2007, 07:54 PM
^Nicely done :p:

uhh_me?
05-24-2007, 09:43 PM
i've been looking for either of those in stores, but with not much luck, though i saw one of the two in a store one time, but bought midnite vultures instead of the other. next time i see them, i gonna pick em up without thinking.

i love midnite vultures, definitely in my top three for beck albums. although it isnt very diverse, i like how its so spastic and full of energy. plus it has milk and honey, prob my fave beck song.
what do you guys think of MV?
it has some of my favorite songs on it (get real paid, debra), but it is not my favorite album by any means

paintITblack39
05-24-2007, 10:00 PM
I've been considering to get Midnite Vultures but there always seems to be a load of other CDs I want first. :wtf:

uhh_me?
05-24-2007, 10:44 PM
oh my good gravy
you should get it
if only to play at dance parties

heaven's gate
05-24-2007, 10:54 PM
definitely get MV, yes, it is cracked, but its lots of fun

paintITblack39
05-27-2007, 09:53 AM
oh my good gravy
you should get it
if only to play at dance parties
Well, I am a dancer and I do enjoy dancing.

It's on my "I'll think about getting it, right after I cash my check" list.

paintITblack39
09-03-2007, 02:33 AM
Did anyone here the new song "Timebomb"?

uhh_me?
09-03-2007, 11:27 AM
timebomb is actually quite good from the few times i have heard it.

paintITblack39
09-03-2007, 11:35 AM
Yep, it sounds pretty much like good ol' classic Beck.

RHCP94
09-03-2007, 01:04 PM
Yeah, I love Timebomb.

Bmm386
09-03-2007, 01:26 PM
Me ****in' gusta Beck.

heaven's gate
09-04-2007, 12:54 PM
i only heard the live track, has anyone heard the studio version of timebomb?

paintITblack39
09-04-2007, 04:23 PM
I have it.

K-Lizzle
09-05-2007, 07:16 AM
I'm making a t-shirt that says "Beck is deck."

heaven's gate
09-05-2007, 03:09 PM
that reminds me in my art class we're making skateboards (just the deck) and i was thinking of doing Beck-esque designs or even copying some of his actual album art.

and Paint did you buy it off iTunes or do you have the 12"?

IHATECHILDREN
09-05-2007, 07:43 PM
You know, I don't like Timebomb. I don't know why. I mean, it's OK, but I think nothing beats Guero.

uhh_me?
09-05-2007, 08:47 PM
but guero is his weakest album...

paintITblack39
09-06-2007, 03:46 PM
Meh, I thought Guero was alright. I still need to listen to Stereopathetic Soul Manure. Although, I didn't like Guerolito much.
that reminds me in my art class we're making skateboards (just the deck) and i was thinking of doing Beck-esque designs or even copying some of his actual album art.

and Paint did you buy it off iTunes or do you have the 12"?
I got it off iTunes, and then I lost it, so instead of dealing with my troubles, I downloaded it.

uhh_me?
09-06-2007, 03:54 PM
stereopathetic soul manure is the only one i don't have and i don't really count guerolito as an album since it is a remix album. i do like some of the songs on there better than the regular versions.

heaven's gate
09-06-2007, 04:19 PM
soul manure is really weird, but it has a few good tunes here and there. i like guerolito cause i like hearing beck's stuff remixed. and i enjoy guero lots

IHATECHILDREN
09-07-2007, 08:19 AM
but guero is his weakest album...
No it's not.

Matter of opinion, anyways. :cheers:

heaven's gate
09-08-2007, 07:49 PM
finally got Timebomb off limewire. sounds great

Bmm386
09-16-2007, 09:54 PM
Holy. ****.

http://dustin.imeem.com/video/1vqF08ku/beck_on_snl/

starsnostars
09-16-2007, 10:09 PM
^ahh.... reminds me of bonnaroo '06. thank you for that.

lolmnt
09-17-2007, 01:15 AM
Holy. ****.

http://dustin.imeem.com/video/1vqF08ku/beck_on_snl/I love that video, I've watched it so many times

paintITblack39
09-17-2007, 08:13 AM
The vid isn't working for me. :( Is that the one at SNL in '06-'07 season?

That one rocked.

heaven's gate
09-17-2007, 04:45 PM
Clap Hands live owns. it was incredible when I saw him

lolmnt
09-17-2007, 04:47 PM
The vid isn't working for me. :( Is that the one at SNL in '06-'07 season?

That one rocked.http://youtube.com/watch?v=rhpfsaJaxVc

This is the same vid, yeah it's from snl

paintITblack39
09-17-2007, 05:29 PM
Oh yeah, I've seen that.

It owns.

lolmnt
09-17-2007, 05:41 PM
That video is why I love Beck, he's so different and innovative.

European Son
09-21-2007, 10:37 AM
I heard 'Odelay' for the first time today. I dig its randomness. It kind of transcends every existent genre out there, in a way.

I'll come back later and comment some more when I've listened to it properly. I'm gonna need more time than usual to make a fair judgement, haha.

paintITblack39
09-21-2007, 11:45 AM
^Pfft, just today?

Beck-n00b :p:

After that, buy Mellow Gold, you might like that, too.

European Son
09-21-2007, 02:16 PM
^Pfft, just today?

Beck-n00b :p:
I know. :(

WyldeGibsonPlyr
09-22-2007, 11:55 AM
Dude, get Sea Change.

You have to, because I said so.

European Son
09-22-2007, 04:04 PM
Actually, I was thinking that even before you said it. Way ahead of you. ;)

heaven's gate
09-23-2007, 03:45 PM
yes, definitely get Sea Change, and Mellow Gold is an absolute must

paintITblack39
09-23-2007, 05:04 PM
He really enjoyed Odelay, so I thought Mellow Gold would've been a better idea. Then again, judging from your music tastes (as seen in your profile) Sea Change wouldn't be a bad idea. Get both, at the same time.

uhh_me?
09-23-2007, 11:39 PM
this morning i listened to odelay for the first time in months and i forgot how good it is. it had me dancing around my room.

European Son
09-24-2007, 08:44 AM
He really enjoyed Odelay, so I thought Mellow Gold would've been a better idea. Then again, judging from your music tastes (as seen in your profile) Sea Change wouldn't be a bad idea. Get both, at the same time.
I'll try. Which album should I get first if I can't get them at the same time, then?

Having listened a lot to Odelay this weekend lately I gotta say, it's really good. 'Devils Haircut' is insanely catchy and 'Lord Only Knows' is pretty damn cool as well. Overall it's just really good, although the last 4 tracks aren't as amazing as the rest of the album.

Tombe
09-24-2007, 09:33 AM
What? High 5 is the most insane song ever and Ramshackle is simply sublime! I'm really into Diskobox too at the moment. Beck + shouting + heavy distortion = genius.

heaven's gate
09-24-2007, 06:41 PM
YES! i think Diskobox is my absolute favourite Beck song

European Son
09-24-2007, 06:44 PM
Hmm. I guess I'll give the last four tracks another listen, then, haha.

Steve The Plank
10-30-2007, 03:33 PM
Holy ****. For years I thought the chorus lyrics to Soul Sucking Jerk were:
"Ain't got a weapon, got a soul sucking chicken,"

but I just found out they're actually:
"I ain't gonna work for no soul sucking jerk"

This song suddenly got a lot less cool :(

RHCP94
10-30-2007, 03:35 PM
I honestly think Sea Change is the best Beck album. Odelay! is right behind it.

WyldeGibsonPlyr
10-30-2007, 04:18 PM
I've been feeling Midnite Vultures lately.

heaven's gate
10-30-2007, 09:10 PM
Holy ****. For years I thought the chorus lyrics to Soul Sucking Jerk were:
"Ain't got a weapon, got a soul sucking chicken,"

but I just found out they're actually:
"I ain't gonna work for no soul sucking jerk"

This song suddenly got a lot less cool :(
how? tahts impossible. the only uncool think about that song is the end. other than that i love soul sucking jerk

paintITblack39
11-01-2007, 12:37 AM
I've been feeling Midnite Vultures lately.
I listen to it every time I feel like dancing. It's really fun.

fiztech
11-08-2007, 06:32 AM
any recommendations for youtube?

i like to give respect, but to be honest everything i have heard of becks is messy, maybe thats the intention? i dont mean like oh wow im a great guitar player etc etc, i just cant find anything thats musically coherent. i want too because other people talk about it so much. i think a lot of what i have seen he has been overpowered by the backings though to be fair.

WyldeGibsonPlyr
11-08-2007, 08:00 AM
I listen to it every time I feel like dancing. It's really fun.

I totally agree.

fiztech
11-08-2007, 09:31 AM
I totally agree.

can you give us an example from youtube you feel like getting boogy with?

Tombe
11-08-2007, 10:50 AM
any recommendations for youtube?

i like to give respect, but to be honest everything i have heard of becks is messy, maybe thats the intention? i dont mean like oh wow im a great guitar player etc etc, i just cant find anything thats musically coherent. i want too because other people talk about it so much. i think a lot of what i have seen he has been overpowered by the backings though to be fair.

You could describe some of Beck's output (eg most of Mellow Gold and Odelay) like that, but saying he has produced nothing musically coherent is, well, stupid. Listen to Sea Change, Guero or The Information if you want to hear his more normal (well, normal for Beck) side.

Songs to YouTube....

The Golden Age
Lost Cause
Paper Tiger
E-Pro
Black Tambourine
Hell Yes
Broken Drum
Nausea

K-Lizzle
11-08-2007, 12:57 PM
"Cellphone's Dead" is so danceable. I love bopping to it.

Do kids these days still use the term "bopping?" I mean, in regards to non-sexual terms?

uhh_me?
11-08-2007, 01:34 PM
people use bopping in a sexual way?

"oh yeah man, i was totally bopping this girl to beck's album sea change. she started crying in the middle of it. i'm not sure if it was because i was bopping her so good or if it was the music."

K-Lizzle
11-08-2007, 02:28 PM
According to Urban Dictionary, yeah.

Not in that exact context, but yeah.

IHATECHILDREN
11-08-2007, 10:04 PM
people use bopping in a sexual way?

"oh yeah man, i was totally bopping this girl to beck's album sea change. she started crying in the middle of it. i'm not sure if it was because i was bopping her so good or if it was the music."

fiztech
11-08-2007, 10:58 PM
You could describe some of Beck's output (eg most of Mellow Gold and Odelay) like that, but saying he has produced nothing musically coherent is, well, stupid.

hahahah i just realised which beck we talking about.

i love beck yes, soz.

heaven's gate
11-08-2007, 11:53 PM
hahahah i just realised which beck we talking about.

i love beck yes, soz.
you were scaring me for a bit with that post of yours. i cant imagine anyone stating that beck is not musical

larry jones
11-10-2007, 07:44 PM
Beck is pretty damn cool...
Probably the biggest QFT of alltime.

WyldeGibsonPlyr
11-10-2007, 11:26 PM
I just ordered Mutations.

Wooh. :-)

RickGardiner
11-17-2007, 03:51 AM
Midnite Vultures and Mutations are too incredible for words. Nicotine and Gravy, Hollywood Freaks, and Diamond Bullocks are my 3 favourite songs right now. Beck is a freaking genius!

Oh yeah, and this thread needed a bump.

Hendrix_fan_14
11-17-2007, 08:59 PM
mutations is an awesome album.
i love listening to tropicalia, a very delicious experience.

heaven's gate
11-18-2007, 09:25 PM
Midnite Vultures and Mutations are too incredible for words. Nicotine and Gravy, Hollywood Freaks, and Diamond Bullocks are my 3 favourite songs right now. Beck is a freaking genius!

Oh yeah, and this thread needed a bump.
yo, word up to the man shown on MV. my favourite Beck song is probably Milk & Honey

KetchupLad14
12-22-2007, 12:09 AM
May I revive this thread?

waterproofpie
12-23-2007, 06:43 AM
Yes. I love Beck. One of my all time favorite bands. I love the range. I can chill out to an album like "Sea Change" but then I can also dance my face off to "Midnite Vultures"

KetchupLad14
12-23-2007, 05:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhpfsaJaxVc

You guys have seen that right? Incredible.

European Son
12-24-2007, 10:09 PM
Beck has basically become my favourite artist the latest month or so, despite the fact that I only own two albums from him. Great, great musician.