Queen Fans

PDA

View Full Version : Queen Fans

Pages : [1] 2 3

DownDark
02-05-2006, 12:36 AM
Queen

Here is a sanctuary for all Queen fans...

Talk about their albums, songs, books, dvds, concerts, solo projects, the band itself, the individual members themselves, talk about their tour with Paul Rodgers, talk about Freddie Mercury's death, etc...

... of course, for those who are homophobes, there's a little room for some Queen hatredness...

I made this thread because I noticed the lack of Queen talk and I just thought I should make a thread for all Queen fans to join together and share the love of their favourite band... Queen!

Freddie Mercury R.I.P. 1946-1991 There can be only one!

Queen rocks!!! :headbang:

NOTE: Crude comments of Freddie Mercury's sexuality will not be tolerated and will be reported.

trey-col89
02-05-2006, 12:39 AM
Woah dude... Queen is good and all, but like... you have to chill out a bit.

ILoveKiefer
02-05-2006, 12:51 AM
I like Queen..

SethMegadefan
02-05-2006, 01:02 AM
Wow, those two above posters kind of pissed me off. No offense to either of them, but I'm actually really into the idea of a Queen thread.
Yeah, Queen rock. A lot. Like, a freaking lot. And Freddie Mercury is hands down the best vocalist of all-time. He's always been my favorite, and I know nobody else who compares to him even a little bit.
I really like "A Night at the Opera", and, although it sounds incredibly cliched, my favorite song by them is "Bohemian Rhapsody". One of my favorite songs ever, actually.
I love May's guitar style, too. It's really unique, and he plays magnificent harmonies.
And no, I'm not a homophobe. Got nothing against it, and it doesn't bother me at all that Mercury was gay. Doesn't change the fact that he was the greatest vocalist ever. :D (heh, that smilie kind of reminds me of Mercury for some reason)
I love this thread. Expect me here regularly.

DownDark
02-05-2006, 01:43 AM
^thanks dude I appreciate it

My favourite album is Queen II, with A Night At The Opera closely behind. My favourite song is Bohemian Rhapsody too, even though it is a bit cliche but who the hell cares, right? Freddie Mercury was a really gifted singer and Brian May is a guitar virtuoso. Roger Taylor is an excellent drummer, and John Deacon is a superb bassist. All in all, Queen was and always will be a phenomenal band.

FreddieMercury
02-05-2006, 08:03 AM
queen deserves a thread seeing that there one of the ONLY bands still touring today. it is sad that freddie had to die at 45 he would have been 60 this september but imagine how many more albums queen would have out if he was alive wow!

get-born
02-05-2006, 08:50 AM
queen is great, i have night at the opera, and that is one of the most diverse albums ive ever heard, it has some accoustic stuff like love of my life, the riffy zeppelin style stuff like sweet lady and some all out powerful music (prophets song). i also have return of the champions, which shows that paul rodgers fits in just fine.

queen is one of my favorite bands and im excited to go see them in march with paul rodgers, i bought my tickets in november or early december, but the point is im very excited and it will be intresting to see how paul will do, also my dad, whose close to his mid-40s also loves queen, and is coming too

PooKoo
02-05-2006, 09:01 AM
Queen is one of my 3 or 4 favorite bands of all time. I simply adore them, and everything theyve done.

Especially the prophets song, good old fashioned loverboy, 39, death on two legs, millionaire waltz, and a buncha others really, actually anything off of queen 2, a day at the races, or a night at the opera.

FreddieMercury
02-05-2006, 09:17 AM
lets talk about the tour MARCH 10TH WORCESTER YA!!

knerken
02-05-2006, 10:02 AM
I have nothing against Free, but Paul Rodgers should never be in Queen! Queen IS Freddie you know. I think it's the same thing like The Jimi Hendrix Excperience with Paul Rodgers singing and playing guitar after Jimi's death... But that is just my opinion.

SethMegadefan
02-05-2006, 10:08 AM
Queen IS Freddie you know.
Well, the other members played an important role, too, but Mercury was definitely the most important.

KingBrendan5149
02-05-2006, 10:36 AM

my thoughts exactly.

SethMegadefan
02-05-2006, 10:40 AM
^What's so wrong with being a Queen fan? Are you telling me that there's not a band out there that you're equally obsessed with?
I'm not particularly obsessed myself, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with liking them a lot. Sheesh.

knerken
02-05-2006, 10:43 AM
Well, the other members played an important role, too, but Mercury was definitely the most important.

I would say that Brian and Freddie were important. John and Roger could might as well been anyone else! John and Roger didn't make much difference, except that they wrote a few good songs...

SethMegadefan
02-05-2006, 10:58 AM
I would say that Brian and Freddie were important. John and Roger could might as well been anyone else! John and Roger didn't make much difference, except that they wrote a few good songs...
Um... Roger wrote a lot of their good songs, too, and he was a pretty sweet bassist. He wrote "You're My Best Friend", which is one of their best songs.
Deacon also wrote "Another One Bites the Dust" (it's not really that bad, I guess) and "I Want to Break Free", which I think we can all agree is a great song.
So, though they're not super-important members, I still probably wouldn't like Queen as much without them.

knerken
02-05-2006, 11:06 AM
Yeah, I really like Deacon and Taylor, but I just think they are kinda unspecial, you get my point right? They are really talented and all, but anyway.... They are just the typical bassist and drummer you know...

SethMegadefan
02-05-2006, 11:08 AM
^Yeah, I do know what you mean. They weren't geniuses or anything, but I still liked them a lot.

knerken
02-05-2006, 11:09 AM
Yeah me too.

igotabcrich32
02-05-2006, 11:20 AM
Queen

Here is a sanctuary for all Queen fans...

Talk about their albums, songs, books, dvds, concerts, solo projects, the band itself, the individual members themselves, talk about their tour with Paul Rodgers, talk about Freddie Mercury's death, etc...

... of course, for those who are homophobes, there's a little room for some Queen hatredness...

I made this thread because I noticed the lack of Queen talk and I just thought I should make a thread for all Queen fans to join together and share the love of their favourite band... Queen!

Freddie Mercury R.I.P. 1946-1991 There can be only one!

Queen rocks!!! :headbang:

NOTE: Crude comments of Freddie Mercury's sexuality will not be tolerated and will be reported.

Oh yes, because if someone doesnt like Queens music it means that they dont like them becauses Freddie's gay :rolleyes:

Serisouly, you need to calm down and realise that not everybody likes Queen

deadhead313313
02-05-2006, 11:23 AM
^What's so wrong with being a Queen fan? Are you telling me that there's not a band out there that you're equally obsessed with?
I'm not particularly obsessed myself, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with liking them a lot. Sheesh.
No, I don't think you understand what hes saying. You can like a band all you want, but when you're on a forum, theres such a thing as taking it too far. When virtually all your posts somehow relate to the band in question, it might be time to slow down on the posting, or maybe put some variety in your posts. I think thats what hes trying to say.

As for Queen, I like 'em. Can't say I'm a huge fan or anything, but I can respect them all. Very talented.

SethMegadefan
02-05-2006, 11:23 AM
^If anyone doesn't like Queen, then they just don't have to post here. I hate when people come on to a thread about a band they don't like and say what you just said.

EDIT: This is directed at igotabcrich

deadhead313313
02-05-2006, 11:26 AM
^If anyone doesn't like Queen, then they just don't have to post here. I hate when people come on to a thread about a band they don't like and say what you just said.

Hold your horses buddy. Nobody in this thread has said they didn't like Queen.

And this is a Queen thread, made to talk about anything related to Queen. So, if people want to put in their reasons for not liking them, I say let them. Sure, useless "Queen Sucks" posts are pointless, but other than that, I think it should be accepted. And its true, not everyone can like one band, so not all your posts are going to be positive. You've got to accept that.

wilty00
02-05-2006, 11:32 AM
Oh yes, because if someone doesnt like Queens music it means that they dont like them becauses Freddie's gay :rolleyes:

Serisouly, you need to calm down and realise that not everybody likes Queen
Seriously...

Theres a point when you get sortof tired walking into every thread and seeing the exact same person relate everything to Queen.. change it up a little for god sakes. I like Queen as much as anyone... I don't go from thread to thread reciting names of their songs. Calm down a little.. theres other stuff out there.

Anyways, I didn't go to the Queen W/ PR concert when it came. Queen isn't Queen without Freddie.

KingBrendan5149
02-05-2006, 11:36 AM
No, I don't think you understand what hes saying. You can like a band all you want, but when you're on a forum, theres such a thing as taking it too far. When virtually all your posts somehow relate to the band in question, it might be time to slow down on the posting, or maybe put some variety in your posts. I think thats what hes trying to say.
:cheers:

SethMegadefan
02-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Ah, so we should get some real discussions going instead of just people going "Yeah, I like them" and stuff. I see! For some reason, I didn't understand that at first.
Alright, how about I'll just ask some questions:
Favorite Queen song?
Fave May solo?
Best Queen album?
Mercury's best vocal performance?
Most annoying Queen song?
Just stuff like that, I guess. That'll at least give the thread a little more life.

wilty00
02-05-2006, 11:40 AM
Favorite Queen song?
Fave May solo?
Best Queen album?
Mercury's best vocal performance?
Most annoying Queen song?
e.

Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Killer Queen
A Night at the Opera
Bohemian Rhapsody
We are the Champions

SethMegadefan
02-05-2006, 11:43 AM
^Killer Queen's definitely one of May's best. I've always been a fan of harmonizing (Maiden), and that solo is just incredibly harmonious. There are, like, 3 different layers or something, aren't there?
Another awesome May solo is after the ringing interlude in "Bicycle". Those layered trills are awesome, and then the separate solos going through opposite speakers... that song is freaking awesome.

igotabcrich32
02-05-2006, 11:50 AM

I like Queen, a lot actually, i just think DownDark's view of non Queen fans is extremely stupid and ****ed.

and Freddies best vocal presentation is definetely Bohemian Raphsody, as is Killer Queen Brians best solo.

AS for most annyoing, i dont like I'm In Love With my Car (that the title right?)

SethMegadefan
02-05-2006, 11:53 AM
I like Queen, a lot actually, i just think DownDark's view of non Queen fans is extremely stupid and ****ed.
Oh, okay, I get your point.
Sorry about that, then.

knerken
02-05-2006, 12:02 PM
My favourite song is Stone Cold Crazy I think...
Favourite May solo must be Don't Stop Me now
I'm not sure about my favourite album....maybe Queen 1?
Freddie's best performance is no doubt bohemian rhapsody!
Most annoying song: Under Pressure! Oh, how I hate that song!

EDIT: No wait, I just listened to Under Pressure now... It's not that bad! :D Well, then I don't know which song is the most annoying...

SethMegadefan
02-05-2006, 12:11 PM
^You corrected yourself anyway, but I'd just like to say that Under Pressure is one of Queen's best. It's in my top 5 favorites, if not even my top 3. It's such an incredible song... Bowie rocks, too, so maybe that's why I like it so much.

DownDark
02-05-2006, 12:20 PM
Um... Roger wrote a lot of their good songs, too, and he was a pretty sweet bassist. He wrote "You're My Best Friend", which is one of their best songs.
Deacon also wrote "Another One Bites the Dust" (it's not really that bad, I guess) and "I Want to Break Free", which I think we can all agree is a great song.
So, though they're not super-important members, I still probably wouldn't like Queen as much without them.

actually Roger was the drummer, not the bassist, and he certainly did not write "You're My Best Friend". That came from the genius mind of John Deacon. Surprisingly, both wrote really great songs. Roger wrote great songs like "Loser In The End", "Drowse", "Sheer Heart Attack", "A Kind Of Magic", "Fight From The Inside", and many more. John Deacon wrote great songs as well, such as the ones you had already mentioned, including "Misfire", "One Year Of Love", "You And I", "Who Needs You", Friends Will Be Friends", and one of my favorites, "Spread Your Wings", and many others...

Yes, Freddie and Brian were the important members but Roger and John were the backbone of the band that helped cement them together, making and awesome ensemble.

SethMegadefan
02-05-2006, 12:23 PM
^Oh jeez, sorry about that, I must've gotten the two mixed up!
:( God, I'm so embarrassed now!

DownDark
02-05-2006, 12:24 PM
Seriously...

Theres a point when you get sortof tired walking into every thread and seeing the exact same person relate everything to Queen.. change it up a little for god sakes. I like Queen as much as anyone... I don't go from thread to thread reciting names of their songs. Calm down a little.. theres other stuff out there.

have you seen my Pink Floyd polls?

FreddieMercury
02-05-2006, 12:28 PM
Favorite Queen song? Bohemian Rhapsody/Somebody to Love
Fave May solo? We will rock you
Best Queen album? A night at the opera
Mercury's best vocal performance?Somebody to love 1982 Live at the bowl
Most annoying Queen song?another one bites the dust

Noosie
02-05-2006, 10:34 PM
FINALLY a Queen thread this is gonna be where i spend most of my time lol. So my favorite Queen song is most definitly The Millionaire Waltz simply stunning the first time i heard it. I would say my favorite Vocal Performance from Mr. Mercury was from a 1974 concert i got bootleged from Ares it was amazing the best song they played was The White Queen it is impossible to describe with words thats how amazing it was

Emenius Sleepus
02-05-2006, 10:45 PM
Probably not very well known, but my two favourite Queen songs are Bijou off the Innuendo album, and Mother Love off Made In Heaven... oh and DOn't Try Suicide, it makes me laugh. My fave album is probably Innuendo, and the favourite solos are off that too lol... a bit one-sided I know, but I think it's the album that I can associate with most.

oh yeah,.. Who Wants To Live Forever just gives me chills, so I guess I'll put that here too

Emenius Sleepus
02-05-2006, 10:51 PM

I can't say anyone is most important in that band,.. they all made it what it was, so without anyone of them it wouldn't be Queen. Which means Paul Rodgers probably shouldn't be trying to fill gigantic shoes.

DownDark
02-06-2006, 12:44 PM
Probably not very well known, but my two favourite Queen songs are Bijou off the Innuendo album, and Mother Love off Made In Heaven... oh and DOn't Try Suicide, it makes me laugh. My fave album is probably Innuendo, and the favourite solos are off that too lol... a bit one-sided I know, but I think it's the album that I can associate with most.

oh yeah,.. Who Wants To Live Forever just gives me chills, so I guess I'll put that here too

Bijou is an amazing song, Mother Love is a great song too and Don't Try Suicide is so damn catchy. Love it!

Anyone heard of a song called Put Out The Fire from the Hot Space album? IMO it's the 3rd best song on the album right behind Under Pressure and Las Palabras De Amor.

Favourite Songs: Bohemian Rhapsody, Teo Torriatte, The Millionaire Waltz
Favourite Vocal Performance: The Prophet's Song, Bohemian Rhapsody, March Of The Black Queen
Favourite Albums: Queen II, A Night At The Opera, Innuendo
Favourite Guitar Performances: Gimme The Prize, Bijou, Brighton Rock
Favourite Drum Performance: Sweet Lady, Ogre Battle, Stone Cold Crazy, Great King Rat, Keep Yourself Alive, Princes Of The Universe
Favourite Bass Performances: Dragon Attack, We Will Rock You (Fast version from Live Killers), Father To Son, Liar, Ogre Battle
Most Annoying Songs: Body Language, My Baby Does Me, Cool Cat, Delilah

Hanzi_G
02-06-2006, 03:59 PM

Exactly.

The reason nobody makes Queen Threads in the CR Forums is because you've already made them all.

Anyways, yeah, you guys should know by now, I heart Queen.

DownDark
02-06-2006, 05:53 PM
Exactly.

The reason nobody makes Queen Threads in the CR Forums is because you've already made them all.

Anyways, yeah, you guys should know by now, I heart Queen.

That's far from the truth... I haven't made all the Queen threads, I just made the majority of them. Nobody's gonna stop me from making more either, FYI.

anyway, the last sentence touched me.

FreddieMercury
02-06-2006, 06:18 PM
who doesnt heart queen

DownDark
02-06-2006, 06:44 PM
ATTENTION EVERYBODY!!!

Let us all wish "A Day At The Races" a happy 30th anniversary! Let us also wish "A Kind Of Magic" and "Live At Wembley '86" a happy 20th anniversary! Yay!

SethMegadefan
02-06-2006, 06:45 PM
ATTENTION EVERYBODY!!!

Let us all wish "A Day At The Races" a happy 30th anniversary! Let us also wish "A Kind Of Magic" and "Live At Wembley '86" a happy 20th anniversary! Yay!
Is this the actual anniversary, to the day?
Wow. Yeah, definitely, happy 30th and 20th(s).

DownDark
02-06-2006, 06:56 PM
no, not this day, but the year.

In that case, happy 60th birthday Freddie Mercury!

SethMegadefan
02-06-2006, 06:58 PM
Oh, I see. Because if those were all released on the same date, that would be incredible.

FreddieMercury
02-06-2006, 07:02 PM
Somebody To Loveeeee

DownDark
02-06-2006, 07:09 PM
Oh, I see. Because if those were all released on the same date, that would be incredible.

yes, it sure would.

A Day At The Races - December 10th, 1976
A Kind Of Magic - June 2nd, 1986
Live At Wembley - July 12th, 1986

Emenius Sleepus
02-07-2006, 12:00 AM
referring to my earlier post, glad someone else appreciates the late Queen material, Innuendo album in particular. I love The Show Must Go On, because every member complements one another musically - there's little melodies and play-offs throughout the song, and the way Freddie sings in that song just rips your heart out... plus to me it features some of May's finest solos - they bleed emotion

SethMegadefan
02-07-2006, 08:31 AM
referring to my earlier post, glad someone else appreciates the late Queen material, Innuendo album in particular. I love The Show Must Go On, because every member complements one another musically - there's little melodies and play-offs throughout the song, and the way Freddie sings in that song just rips your heart out... plus to me it features some of May's finest solos - they bleed emotion
I really like the later Queen stuff too, it's just that as a whole I think their earlier stuff was better. But you're right, the late era does contain some real classics.

DownDark
02-07-2006, 03:19 PM
I really like the later Queen stuff too, it's just that as a whole I think their earlier stuff was better. But you're right, the late era does contain some real classics.

one of my favourite songs from the Innuendo album is "I Can't Live With You" but the whole album is great, even the song "Delilah". The title track is brilliant, as are "These Are The Days Of Our Lives", "The Show Must Go On", "Bijou", etc. I'll just say it again... the whole album is great

Emenius Sleepus
02-07-2006, 05:01 PM
I think on the whole that album is a lot darker than the rest of Queen - the melodies tend to be in minor scales, and the whole sound in general is ambient and haunting, like a premonition; also the lyrics are a lot more personal and I always found a premonition of some sort in The Show Must Go On... Since it was released in 1991, when Freddie died, I guess a lot of it would be referring to knowledge of death, and despair and hopelessness that come with that... Funnily enough it's the sad stories that usually make the best ones...

Hanzi_G
02-07-2006, 05:33 PM
Nobody's gonna stop me from making more either, FYI.

Uhh, they're called Mods, and they'll ban you faster than you can say "Death On Two Legs". :peace:

DownDark
02-07-2006, 05:53 PM
Uhh, they're called Mods, and they'll ban you faster than you can say "Death On Two Legs". :peace:

:D

As long as I'm not permanently banned, I'll continue making them.... not constantly of course but frequently.

Hanzi_G
02-07-2006, 07:27 PM
haha, how many times have you been banned?

Emenius Sleepus
02-07-2006, 07:53 PM
it's probably a good time for the Only Queen THread...?? lol that's hilarious

O-line
02-07-2006, 08:02 PM
All the little possers at my school play bo'rap all the time. Its a great song, but they skip to the middle, and thats the only song they know. Once i said "Don't Stop Me Now" is a better song and they said it sucks AND THEY NEVER HEARD IT.

SethMegadefan
02-07-2006, 10:31 PM
All the little possers at my school play bo'rap all the time. Its a great song, but they skip to the middle, and thats the only song they know. Once i said "Don't Stop Me Now" is a better song and they said it sucks AND THEY NEVER HEARD IT.
:eek: No...

You... must... be... joking...

:rolleyes:

Late Queen stuff was actually way better musically than early Queen, but it just doesn't appeal to me as much. From a musician's point of view, late Queen was better, but then from a rocker's point of view earlier Queen was better.
It's quite a dillemma. I honestly don't know which I prefer, now that I think about it.

Hanzi_G
02-08-2006, 03:13 PM
Really? I think early Queen was better from a musicians and rockers point of view. Their later use of synthesizers really screwed up their sound IMO/

DownDark
02-08-2006, 03:33 PM
haha, how many times have you been banned?

I think only 3 times, maybe even 4 times.

Emenius Sleepus
02-08-2006, 07:05 PM
^:haha determined one

SethMegadefan
02-08-2006, 07:43 PM
Really? I think early Queen was better from a musicians and rockers point of view. Their later use of synthesizers really screwed up their sound IMO/
No way. Musically, later Queen was more complete, I think. I thought they brilliantly utilized the synths, and even though Freddie's voice wasn't classic Bo-Rhap, I still really liked it. It was more mellow; less rockin' but I really, really like late Queen.
I really, really like early Queen too, though.

DownDark
02-08-2006, 08:45 PM
I think Freddie's voice was way more rockin' in the 80's than the 70's (although there were more rockier songs in the heydey's of the 70's). That was the result of his heavy smoking and him using more of his head voice resulting in great rock songs like "Gimme The Prize", "Tear It Up", "Princes Of The Universe", "I Want It All", etc.

knerken
02-09-2006, 08:59 AM
I really like their guitar riff-based songs better than their piano-or synth-based songs...

Edit: Even though I really LOVE Freddie's piano stuff too! :D

DownDark
02-09-2006, 12:13 PM
They are one of the most versatile rock bands ever in the world, along with The Who and Zeppelin. Father To Son and Now I'm Here are both Who-influenced. Apparently, Killer Queen is Zeppelin-influenced. Stone Cold Crazy is a song that I think started Thrash Metal, it's just so heavy! No wonder Metallica would cover it in 1991 and earn a Grammy for doing so.

knerken
02-09-2006, 01:23 PM
They are one of the most versatile rock bands ever in the world, along with The Who and Zeppelin. Father To Son and Now I'm Here are both Who-influenced. Apparently, Killer Queen is Zeppelin-influenced. Stone Cold Crazy is a song that I think started Thrash Metal, it's just so heavy! No wonder Metallica would cover it in 1991 and earn a Grammy for doing so.

Killer Queen Zeppelin-influenced?! It doesn't sound like Zeppelin at all!!!

And yeah, 'Tallica's version of SCC rocks!!

Hanzi_G
02-09-2006, 05:28 PM
Stone Cold Crazy is too good. I can see where that inspired thrash metal a bit.

DownDark
02-09-2006, 05:45 PM
^Modern Times Rock'n'Roll is great for inspiring Thrash Metal, too.

Knerken, sorry I was confused with the fact that Robert Plant once told Freddie Mercury that he really like Killer Queen, not that it was Zeppelin-influenced cause it probably wasn't (unless Zeppelin has done a vaudeville tune or two). A very Zeppelin-influenced Queen song I think would definitely be "It's Late".

ToysInTheAttic1
02-09-2006, 06:05 PM
I want to get into some Queen music. Can someone reccomend me some songs or albums? Thanks.

FreddieMercury
02-09-2006, 06:16 PM
all of anight at the opera and all of the game you wont be disappointed

DownDark
02-09-2006, 06:46 PM
essential Queen albums are Queen II, A Night At The Opera, and The Game. If you are a newcomer to Queen music than I'd recommend starting off with a greatest hits cd. preferably (if you have the money to spare) go out and purchase Greatest Hits I, II, III - The Platinum Collection. essential songs are Bohemian Rhapsody, We Will Rock You, We Are The Champions, Another One Bites The Dust... basically every song on Greatest Hits I.

SethMegadefan
02-09-2006, 08:59 PM
^Man, I so hope you get banned.

EDIT: Okay, they deleted his post. Good. Just don't want anyone to think that this is aimed at DownDark, because it wasn't.

DownDark
02-10-2006, 05:58 PM
The only disappointment about Greatest Hits I is that they totally ignore their first album which did have a popular hit "Keep Yourself Alive", which I think deserved to have been on there. "Liar" could've even squeezed in there, IMO.

Eruption_911
04-17-2006, 06:04 PM
R.I.P Freddie Mercury

Eruption_911
04-17-2006, 06:06 PM
I want to get into some Queen music. Can someone reccomend me some songs or albums? Thanks.
i like tie your mother down(it has a great intro riff) and We will rock you (its a classic)

TheUltimateSin
04-30-2006, 07:41 PM
I thought this was pretty neat. It's called "Titanium Rhapsody". It's a flash animation of "Bohemian Rhapsody" performed by the characters of Megaman. What do you guys think?

Titanium Rhapsody (http://www.fragile-minds.com/movies/titaniumrhapsody/)
It's kinda cool when it comes to the "headbanging" part of the song.

FreddieMercury
04-30-2006, 09:01 PM
lol ultimate sin pretty weird but good attempt

TheUltimateSin
04-30-2006, 09:52 PM
I can't for the life of me remember who made it. I used to know. I think he made a whole bunch of stuff like that.

DownDark
07-06-2006, 09:10 PM
*bump*

Lol, yeah that flash animation is awesome.

btw, after two years posting with the same avatar, I've finally changed it!

wilty00
07-07-2006, 12:09 AM
*bump*

Lol, yeah that flash animation is awesome.

Did you just add "Queen" underneath?

deadhead313313
07-07-2006, 12:14 AM

Did you just add "Queen" underneath?
Pretty drastic change, no?

I nearly **** myself when I saw it.

TheUltimateSin
07-07-2006, 12:19 AM

Errmm...well...not really. :(

FreddieMercury
07-07-2006, 03:02 PM
ill never change mine

SethMegadefan
07-07-2006, 03:25 PM
ill never change mine
I don't know, imagine how much snazzier it'd look with "QUEEN" scrawled across the bottom! :haha

DownDark
07-07-2006, 03:28 PM
No, I searched Google Images for Queen Icons and I found this. The image is better than my old one and it also says Queen underneath, so I like it and I'm keeping it.

Let's do something to keep this thread alive... What's everybody's favorite albums?

Queen II is my favorite album of all time by any band, then A Night At The Opera, and then either Innuendo or Sheer Heart Attack. I've been obsessed with A Kind Of Magic lately though.

SethMegadefan
07-07-2006, 03:29 PM
My favorite has always been and probably will always be A Night at the Opera. It's just such an awesome piece of music from start to finish... Queen II might be my second-fave right now, but my second favorite is always changing from time to time.
A Night at the Opera sits mightily atop my list, though.

DownDark
07-07-2006, 05:22 PM
ANATO is definite pwnage

FreddieMercury
07-07-2006, 11:35 PM
A day at the races. tie your mother down, somebody to love, teo torriate, good old fashioned lover boy, then a night at the opera, made in heaven, the game, sheer heart attack, queen 1, news of the world, innuendo, a kind of magic, the works, jazz. all in order but dont like the miracle or flash gordon

Emenius Sleepus
07-07-2006, 11:39 PM
Innuendo was always my favourite for whatever reason. then probably a kind of magic and made in heaven

FadingRoots
07-08-2006, 04:06 PM
Now, before you think of this as spam, go ALL the way down.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2494/kidjohn6bf.jpg
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3922/kidkurt2jd.jpg
http://img279.imageshack.us/img279/985/kidmarylin9km.jpg
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/484/kidmick5yj.jpg
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/9422/kidpaul0pv.jpg

But the very best of all...

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/7865/freddiekid7vp.jpg

Mmmm, I love freddie. I'd sleep with him, aids or not.

DownDark
07-09-2006, 12:06 AM
Freddie as a beautiful baby, but he was an ugly kid. He became beautiful again as an adult, though

TheUltimateSin
07-09-2006, 01:17 AM
Am I just really tired and seeing things, or does Freddie have some big-ass lips in that picture? :wtf:

psychodelia
07-09-2006, 01:30 AM
I thought those were his teeth for a second :haha

TheUltimateSin
07-09-2006, 02:32 AM
Maybe they are, I can't really tell :wtf:

FadingRoots
07-09-2006, 06:04 AM
Those ARE his horse-teeth.

psychodelia
07-09-2006, 11:21 AM
Those ARE his horse-teeth.

Oh my :eek:

FreddieMercury
07-09-2006, 11:33 AM
you havent seen his HUGE teeth live? only reason you cant tell as much is because he is an adult but when he was small LOL show out

SethMegadefan
07-09-2006, 12:06 PM
you havent seen his HUGE teeth live? only reason you cant tell as much is because he is an adult but when he was small LOL show out
:eek:
Holy crap, I thought those were his lips at first too!
...I'm speechless...

DownDark
07-09-2006, 02:24 PM
He was still the greatest singer in the world

notoriousnumber
07-09-2006, 02:46 PM
He remarked on his teeth in an interview of some such, they were pretty damn bulky, he got them fixed later on.

Christ, Queen totally rule. They like changed live performances from nothing to exciting, blazing shows. Freddie=best vocalist, songwriter, performer/frontman, inspirationalist, gay person.

It was only until wuite recently that I learnt that Freddie had died, I was like "WTF how the hell can he die? Hes like a frikin God!" Did you see him in his last video? He looked bleedin wasted.

What a phenominal band, one of the true greats, alongside Elvis, The Beatles, Beach Boys, Metallica(yes, they rank with them!).

:vhan:

skateguitar7654
07-09-2006, 03:05 PM
Excuse me if this has come up before and is a known fact and I will be known as the noob of all noobs but

Did Brian May make his guitar out of a tree?

I was told this by a friend of mine but I didn't believe him. Is it true?

notoriousnumber
07-09-2006, 04:48 PM
^No he made it out of spoons strung together with glue.

Yes he did make it, with his father when he was a little boy, and thankfully it was wood from a tree.

TheUltimateSin
07-09-2006, 05:27 PM
^As I recall, wasn't his tremolo bar a kickstand?

SethMegadefan
07-09-2006, 05:32 PM
^As I recall, wasn't his tremolo bar a kickstand?
:confus:
I can't tell if we're joking or being serious at this point anymore.

TheUltimateSin
07-09-2006, 05:46 PM
I was being serious. I heard it somewhere, I think I was on a thing on vH1Classic or something. I don't remember. It was where I first heard Brian built his own guitar with his dad.

notoriousnumber
07-09-2006, 06:42 PM
Its all about being original, you want to come up with new ideas so that people recognise you, thats what Brian did.

skateguitar7654
07-09-2006, 09:42 PM
Oh, thanks. Thats pretty cool. His guitar has amazing tone.

TheUltimateSin
07-09-2006, 09:49 PM
^To my knowledge, it's one of a kinda and no one has been able to reproduce it.

FreddieMercury
07-09-2006, 10:23 PM
he made it out of mahogony wood. and yes his bar was a motorcycle kickstand

DownDark
07-09-2006, 11:27 PM
ya um, the guitar was made from a mantlepiece from a fireplace... just so you know

I'm listening to Queen II again... so great. I'm on March Of The Black Queen

Maet
07-09-2006, 11:30 PM
Queen is to DownDark, as Rush is to me.

Just had to point that out. :)

FreddieMercury
07-09-2006, 11:38 PM
lol ^

DownDark
07-10-2006, 01:38 AM
^^speaks the truth

After I finished Queen II (which was obviously fantastic), I listened to Sheer Heart Attack and tgar was great. I'm gonna sleep happily tonight :D

TimiHendrix33
07-10-2006, 01:45 AM
DownDark is to Queen as peanut butter is to jelly. They just work.

DownDark
07-10-2006, 01:40 PM
Me and Queen are just like peas and carrots

FreddieMercury
07-10-2006, 08:43 PM
lol ^

DownDark
07-12-2006, 01:42 PM
Well it's true, lol

ad24
07-13-2006, 06:28 AM
hmmm im listening to old queen performancesand mercuries vocie range and octaves r amazing. hmm though in his latter years his lifestyle brought down his range no one equaled his charisma on stage.

notoriousnumber
07-13-2006, 08:55 AM
Its a pitty that in the latter days of his carrer, 80s and 90s, that he stopped playing the piano. In most of the early stuff you he plays it.

DownDark
07-13-2006, 08:24 PM
I dislike a lot of the 80's stuff but their 90s stuff is Queen back on par with the 70's with Innuendo and Made In Heaven, both being great albums.

FreddieMercury
07-14-2006, 12:09 AM
downdark do you go on www.queenzone.com ? toooons of torrents and stuff of videos, mp3s i would probably not like queen as much if i didnt have the variety of shows

DownDark
07-14-2006, 12:44 AM
I do go there but not often. I think I should go there a lot more because of the amazing selection of bootlegs they have up for grabs.

ace man
07-14-2006, 12:09 PM
My favourite queen track of all time is tie your mother down. OMG what a brian may riff, and i can play it which is good. it's everything that were my adolescent years, that song

DownDark
07-14-2006, 06:31 PM
That is such a kickass song, yet so underrated. A Day At The Races is a fantastic album

FadingRoots
07-15-2006, 07:34 PM
Oh MAN that's a good song. ADATR is definitely my favorite Queen album.

FreddieMercury
07-16-2006, 12:31 AM
yes tymd, somebody to love, good old fashioned lover boy, teo torriate all amazing

DownDark
07-16-2006, 02:36 PM
Teo Torriatte is in my top favorite Queen songs of all time, and by far my favorite song from ADATR. Drowse is vastly underrated.

velvet_hendrix
07-16-2006, 07:53 PM
Was anyone at the march 16th queen concert in toronto? If so what did you think about it? I thought it was amazing.

FreddieMercury
07-16-2006, 07:57 PM
no but i heard it was first time they played under pressure :)

DownDark
07-16-2006, 11:02 PM
Was anyone at the march 16th queen concert in toronto? If so what did you think about it? I thought it was amazing.

I was there, and I became teary eyed during Bohemian Rhapsody :(

TimiHendrix33
07-16-2006, 11:22 PM
^Girl.

For real,I mean I'd understand if it was Freddie Mercury singing,but Paul Rodgers? Not so much.

DownDark
07-16-2006, 11:54 PM
He wasn't singing it. Well not all of it. He sang the headbang part, but it was a duet between Freddie and him. ;)

DownDark
07-18-2006, 02:14 AM
No way should this thread die out... not no my watch

The Arch-Mage
07-19-2006, 02:40 AM
Technically, I have enjoyed Queen ever since I was about 10, but then I didn't like them for several years after that due to factors such as listening to music very little, listening to whatever the "cool" people said was "cool music", lack of opportunity, blah, blah, blah, etc., etc. Point is, I am probably going to get into them once again, and will probably come back on this thread every once in a while as I learn more.

FreddieMercury
07-19-2006, 11:49 AM
i love what they did with made in heaven. shows that the band can survive without freddies composing but they can still live on and i like that about them

The Arch-Mage
07-20-2006, 02:46 AM
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but does anyone go on brianmay.com? I check the site every now and then for updates. It's put together rather well. What I especially like is the letters page. People write all sorts of letters, and he replies to them on the site. At least, I am pretty sure he replies to all legitimate mail. I find that rather cool, since how many popular musicians do that (unless I'm just looking in the wrong places)?

DownDark
07-20-2006, 02:05 PM
I think Pete Townshend does something like that on his diary or something on his website.

FreddieMercury
07-20-2006, 03:31 PM
well not many musicians are technical with pc's in my opinion

DownDark
07-20-2006, 05:41 PM
Yeah. just because they're old doesn't mean they're stupid, LOL!

SethMegadefan
07-20-2006, 06:17 PM
Yeah. just because they're old doesn't mean they're stupid, LOL!
I really doubt Brian May personally set it up, though. Probably hired some professional web designers or something. No matter how musically good they are, I can't imagine any members of Queen setting up their own web page all on their own.

DownDark
07-20-2006, 06:33 PM
Exactly. I think Brian has a personal asisstant that updates his website every so often, who controls all the fanmail and stuff.

Could you imagine Freddie having his own webpage that he updates himself? lol

Music_Junkie420
07-23-2006, 09:23 PM
yea... queen kicks major a$$ and Brian May is one of the most underrated guitarists ever

The Arch-Mage
07-24-2006, 02:17 AM
In my opinion, Brian May is, or at least, was, very well known, so I don't really consider him underrated.

Emenius Sleepus
07-24-2006, 02:26 AM
indeed... I think he is well respected by a lot of people, not just guitarists but other musicians and fans of the band - and there are a lot of the latter. I think May has lost some of his magic touch due to age, but his fluid solos and complementary approach to songwriting definitely make him an outstanding musician and a fantastic guitarist. Very solid all-round player and has a great signature tone

Coolvortex
07-24-2006, 08:10 PM
Never noticed this thread... pretty cool, queen is one of my favourite band. One thing I don't like though, is people that associate Queen to just Freddie Mercury which was probably the greatest and most creative singer in the history of rock but damn, Queen was not just him. The other three members are also incredible, and not in the sense that they have absurd techniques or something, but that they really put their soul in their music, still keeping a great amount of technique. And, maybe it's because I'm a guitarist, but Brian May is on the guitar even greater than Freddie Mercury on vocals to me... no one can play guitar like that, no one ever. He doesn't go as fast as Yngwie Malmsteen or somethin like that, but he doesn't need to... probably the most soulful and creative guitarist I ever listened to.

The Arch-Mage
07-25-2006, 02:47 AM
Yes, Queen obviously did something right for them to become famous and world-renown.

By the way, can anyone explain to me exactly what the "Deacy" amp is and what's so special about it? All I know is that John Deacon made it.

DownDark
07-26-2006, 07:12 PM
Arch-Mage, here's your answer= http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deacy_Amp

DownDark
07-27-2006, 12:28 AM
What's everybody's bootleg? Mine's either Earl's Court '77 or Hammersmith Odeon '75

The Arch-Mage
07-27-2006, 02:33 AM
Thanks for the link, DownDark.

DownDark
07-27-2006, 02:37 AM
No probs ;)

FreddieMercury
07-27-2006, 10:32 AM
hammersmith 79

Wix
07-27-2006, 12:03 PM
wtf bootleg?

DownDark
07-27-2006, 04:51 PM
You don't know what a bootleg is?Lol, you seriously don't know what a bootleg is? :haha:

Atlas
07-27-2006, 04:58 PM
^I have mind to think that you dont either seeing as you havent answered his question.

deadhead313313
07-27-2006, 05:08 PM
wtf bootleg?
A bootleg recording is an audio or video recording of a performance that was not officially released by the artist or under other legal authority. A great many such recordings are simply copied and traded among fans of the artist.

DownDark, don't double post. And don't laugh at the guy because he doesn't know what bootlegs are. Bootlegs aren't exactly a big part of music, in comparison to other elements of the music industry.

DownDark
07-27-2006, 05:12 PM
Yes, massa!

Atlas
07-27-2006, 05:20 PM
Godamn DownDark Im ashamed of you! Be helpful y'know? Dont piss all over the n00B until he has learnt the meaning of STFU.

DownDark
07-27-2006, 05:28 PM
Saw-wee :(

Coolvortex
07-27-2006, 07:55 PM
A bootleg recording is an audio or video recording of a performance that was not officially released by the artist or under other legal authority. A great many such recordings are simply copied and traded among fans of the artist.

DownDark, don't double post. And don't laugh at the guy because he doesn't know what bootlegs are. Bootlegs aren't exactly a big part of music, in comparison to other elements of the music industry.

Does that mean copying and sharing bootlegs is legal? Actually I knew it was illegal even to make them...

deadhead313313
07-27-2006, 09:04 PM
Well, the way I see it, if it was illegal to make in the first place, its probably illegal to have it in your possession. But, as long as you didn't make it, I doubt theres anything to worry about.

DownDark
07-28-2006, 02:21 PM
It must be said, but Queen are one of the many bands that are known to have some pretty crappy bootlegs. That being said, hey also have some very awesome bootlegs.

FreddieMercury
07-28-2006, 05:19 PM
^ i have just about every one =D name a concert and maybe i can get you one

DownDark
07-28-2006, 07:06 PM
Do any good quality versions of Hyde Park '76 exist? I'd like that, please and thank you :)

FreddieMercury
07-28-2006, 08:26 PM
yes i have it but its 800 mb how could i get it to you. maybe if you have AIM or msn i can send over night. during the prophets song the echo didnt work lol he had to do it himself

DownDark
07-28-2006, 10:07 PM
Upload using Yousendit

OddOneOut
08-10-2006, 08:11 AM
can i just ask, does anyone know what the point of the 22 minute reprise at the end of Made In Heaven is?

FreddieMercury
08-10-2006, 09:29 AM
just some random instrumental i think

OddOneOut
08-10-2006, 10:19 AM
^ yeah, i actually listened to all of it today. i just wanna know why.

DownDark
08-10-2006, 05:31 PM
It was meant to be a hidden track

FakePlastic
08-10-2006, 06:51 PM
I have to chime in and give my props to Queen. The last 30 or so seconds of We Will Rock You make me sh!t my pants no matter how many times I hear it. That riff is bad and Brain May rocks.

P.s. - to everyone that ragged on the guy who made the thread for liking queen to much, there would be no point in making thread dedicated to Queen ONLY if you weren't very into the band so post elsewhere and get lost :peace:

DownDark
08-10-2006, 08:08 PM
^everything you said was teh Tr00f

ledhed68
08-24-2006, 09:09 PM
Does anyone else thinks that Freddie Mercury's vocal improvosation on Another One Bites the Dust at Wembley absolutely pwns

FreddieMercury
08-24-2006, 09:21 PM
haha its pretty good but was better when his voice was 100%

notoriousnumber
08-25-2006, 07:57 AM
When did his voice start to go downhill?

FreddieMercury
08-25-2006, 09:35 AM
it never really went downhill.. but i preferred his voice at around 1979-82 and in 86 his voice was just "different" then previous and i dont like as much

alex_haeni
08-25-2006, 08:16 PM
Queen's always been a great band.
Not sure how well Paul Rodgers is doing replacing Freddy though.

EL Conquestidor
08-26-2006, 10:24 AM
Queen is kind of an interesting band IMO. I was a teenager in the 70's and remember when they broke out w/"Bohiemian Rhapsody". EVERYBODY HATED IT!
And we didn't even know that Mercury was gay so that had nothing to do w/it. We hated it because we didn't like the music. "Opera Rock" we called it.
You must remember that we were digging the guitar oriented rock likes of Ted Nugent & Lynyrd Skynyrd.
It was alot like Bruce Springsteen. Nobody liked "Born to Run" either, but the powers that be decided he was the "saviour of R & R" and put his mug on "Time" and "Newsweek" magizines proclaiming him as such. We thought he sucked.
But the masses will feed on what is fed them and eventually thru mass marketing Springsteen and Queen gained acceptance.
Then when Mercury came out as Gay, Queen gained an almost cult following in the liberal rock world. And when he died was elevated to almost "Rock God" status. IMO he was not.
I like a few Queen tunes. "Crazy little thing calle Love" is my fav w/it's rockabilly guitar.
But to THIS DAY, amoung my 40 something peer group, I have known only 1 person who actualy owned a Queen album.

Noosie
08-26-2006, 04:32 PM
^^ Rodgers is a good replacement but personally i dont think he fits the music stylings of Queen very well, Sorry to anyone who thinks otherwise but his voice has alot of blues feel in it.

^You must remember though Queens biggest fan base was in Europe for the longest time and by your choice of likeable bands (Nugent,Skynyrd) You were more then likely a states teen. Queen didnt really get big in the states till if i remember correctly "The Game" Album which was released in 1980. So its understandable for 1970's teens from the states to not like Queen much.

Alien Angel
08-26-2006, 10:37 PM
I've been a Queen fan for quite a few years. Freddie is one of my favoret singers of all time. He will always be alive to me.
I'm young so I wasnt alive in the 70s and 80s when Queen wasnt as well liked as they are now.

As for their songs, The Show Must Go On is one of the most powerful songs I've ever heard and I often begin singing Bohiemian Rhapsody at random from begining to end. I do indeed love this band.

Emenius Sleepus
08-26-2006, 10:46 PM
As for their songs, The Show Must Go On is one of the most powerful songs I've ever heard.

+1

FreddieMercury
08-27-2006, 11:11 AM
truely amazing lyrics.. any one can relate to them if they had some kind of life-changing event

claptonfan55
09-10-2006, 09:20 PM
I basically just have a Greatest hits tape right now, but I LOVE IT!!! Except for "Flash," though.

FreddieMercury
09-10-2006, 09:22 PM
yea flash was just popular cause of the movie.

ZeppelinFan3890
09-10-2006, 09:41 PM
I need some Queen reccomendations as far as albums go. Usually I'm not a fan of greatest hits but I can make exceptions.

I've heard We Will Rock You and We Are The Champions of course, as well as Bohemian Rhapsody, basically their mainstream hits. Freddie Mercury was amazing, as was Brian May. So, any help could be appreciated.

(And FreddieMercury, please don't tell me to get all of them. I don't make enough to unfortunately.)

FreddieMercury
09-10-2006, 10:08 PM
if you like softer rock id go with a night at the opera. second the game, and if you want the best id suggest greatest hits.

kshelt76
09-10-2006, 10:45 PM
My Queen favs are, in order: Hammer to Fall(is that the exact title?), I Want it All, Headlong, Breakthru, One Vision, and Fat Bottom Girls. And to some of the above posts, Flash is a sweet song, even if its only popular because of the movie.

Overall I think they're a great band. I wasn't a big fan until I listened to the Greatest Hits album, now I usually rotate between them and VH when I'm driving(the time I listen to music the most). I think Freddie was an amazing vocalist(just because a guy's gay doesn't mean he doesn't make good music) but my favorite part of the band has to be May's guitar playing. I love how he's able to go from softer rock songs like Crazy Little Thing, It's a Kind of Magic, etc to hard rocking songs like Want It All, One Vision, Hammer, etc.

Edit: Sorry about the incorrect name spelling, I know its ie, but I guess I just didn't pay attention as I was typing. Big no no :no:

Robman2k9
09-10-2006, 10:59 PM
That's Freddie BTW

Hammer to Fall is my favorite song by Queen, I think the Works is probably their best post-1980 album before a knid of magic and innuendo.

Does anyone else dislike the miracle? it always feels dated to me, besides I want it all and breakthru.

get-born
09-11-2006, 06:33 AM
^yes

distilledspirit
09-11-2006, 03:35 PM
Favorite Queen song is It's Late

FreddieMercury
09-11-2006, 04:08 PM
^ good long song. we will rock you/champs steal all the glory from other songs on that album.

distilledspirit
09-11-2006, 04:11 PM
^Yeah but that is so played out. Best songs on there are probly get All Dead All Dead, Spread Your Wings, Get Down Make Love, Melancholy Blues.

FreddieMercury
09-11-2006, 08:44 PM
spread your wings is in my top 10 queen songs (lol top 10 hast to be good to get in there)

get-born
09-11-2006, 09:01 PM
I love the Spread Your Wings video in the Queen Greatest Video Hits...

distilledspirit
09-11-2006, 10:02 PM
Yeah awesome video.

get-born
09-11-2006, 10:13 PM
escpeccally being outdoors and all, i almost like that one over live at wembley, but then again no... my dad got me both of these because he is a huge queen fan, that is probaly his favorite cr band ever...

Mighty Angus
09-12-2006, 08:37 AM
I love Queen, been listening to them alot lately. So satifsying, the ultimate band. Freddie was a genius.

add45
09-12-2006, 08:48 AM
Has anyone seen the show "We Will Rock You"? It's a play by Queen I belive, but anyway, I thought it was really great when I watched it. Anybody seen it? :)

Zak 01
09-12-2006, 06:27 PM
Queen is undoubtedly the best ever. My favorite album is "Made In Heaven" and my favorite song of theirs is "Breakthru".

FreddieMercury
01-19-2007, 04:44 PM
we need a thread back, No one in my opinion really embellishes the talent of these guys. Find me one person who can hit higher notes that sound nice than freddie mercury.

Lost_Rose
01-19-2007, 05:33 PM
I want it all, Fat bottom girls or seven seas of rye have got to be they're best for me!

Page&HammettFan
01-19-2007, 06:12 PM
I need some Queen reccomendations as far as albums go. Usually I'm not a fan of greatest hits but I can make exceptions.

I've heard We Will Rock You and We Are The Champions of course, as well as Bohemian Rhapsody, basically their mainstream hits. Freddie Mercury was amazing, as was Brian May. So, any help could be appreciated.

(And FreddieMercury, please don't tell me to get all of them. I don't make enough to unfortunately.)
New to the thread, and I know this a semi-old post, but I have recomendations because they're what I like. Their Hollywood Hits album is good. It introduced me to the song Don't Stop Me Now, which is a great song. I'd also suggest A Night At the Opera. This has my other favorite two Queen Songs, Death On Two Legs and, god bless it and worship it, '39.

FreddieMercury
01-19-2007, 06:59 PM
no one i know likes 39 when i play it but it is one of my favorite songs

lexhibit
01-19-2007, 07:05 PM
Queen II is the one to get. It's also Brian May's favorite.

Cptbeefheart
01-19-2007, 07:17 PM
Sheer Heart Attack is my favorite, though it might not be a great starting point.

Page&HammettFan
01-19-2007, 09:06 PM
no one i know likes 39 when i play it but it is one of my favorite songs
Do you do it on a 12 string? And how could you not like '39? Do you add the vocals to it?

I wish I'd have known about this thread sooner, from what I own I love Queen :D One song I'm not too keen on is Tie Your Mother Down though. It's good, but I prefer their vocally orchestrated stuff alot more.

Does anyone know what Roger Taylors vocal range is like? I read that he's the one that hits that really high B-flat falsetto note in Bohemian Rhapsody. I think also read that he didn't want to hit a note for the song '39, so they just altered the speed of the tape to achieve it, or something like that.

lexhibit
01-19-2007, 09:10 PM
Sheer Heart Attack is my favorite, though it might not be a great starting point.
Agree, Sheer Heart Attack's my next favorite after Queen II, then after that believe it or not JAZZ which is underrated.

punkgirl91
01-19-2007, 10:34 PM
the harmonies in queen songs are so spine chilling, there incredible

Nighthawk551
01-19-2007, 11:10 PM
Do you do it on a 12 string? And how could you not like '39? Do you add the vocals to it?

I wish I'd have known about this thread sooner, from what I own I love Queen :D One song I'm not too keen on is Tie Your Mother Down though. It's good, but I prefer their vocally orchestrated stuff alot more.

Does anyone know what Roger Taylors vocal range is like? I read that he's the one that hits that really high B-flat falsetto note in Bohemian Rhapsody. I think also read that he didn't want to hit a note for the song '39, so they just altered the speed of the tape to achieve it, or something like that.

'39 is one of my favorites to play on acoustic. It's a beautiful song, I love Brian's voice. Roger was usually the one who sang the highest parts in the "Queen Chorus." He is the one who sings the highest note in Bohemian Rhapsody, yes. Roger has a really great range as well. Sheer Heart Attack and Drowse are great songs sung by Roger.

FreddieMercury
01-20-2007, 12:46 AM
listen to the high pitch Galileo in the middle section of bohemian, thats roger.

Page&HammettFan
01-20-2007, 12:48 AM
I figured that all of the really high notes were him. Was Freddie able to hit those notes? Or was it just easier for Roger? What was the purpose for him doing that.

jac_murphy
01-20-2007, 01:41 AM
Sheer Heart Attack and Drowse are great songs sung by Roger.

As is I'm In Love With My Car.

-Jacques

FreddieMercury
01-20-2007, 01:42 AM
freddie could hit the notes but when they did it live roger had an easier time doing it in the background

kilbie
01-20-2007, 02:19 AM
QUEEN IS LIKE THE BEST THING EVER! (I don't usually post in capitals, but queen deserves capitals)

Page&HammettFan
01-20-2007, 01:46 PM
I read that one time they were trying to measure how far Freddie could sing, and they measured four octaves of range. That's crazy. I read that and was immediately like what what what?

FreddieMercury
01-20-2007, 02:03 PM
yes there are a few singers with freddies range but he is the most popular out of all of them. he is truly unique that is why i devote my life to loving the band :)

rx_eb
01-20-2007, 09:39 PM
I read that one time they were trying to measure how far Freddie could sing, and they measured four octaves of range. That's crazy. I read that and was immediately like what what what?

Jeff Buckley has a vocal range of 6 octaves...

Page&HammettFan
01-20-2007, 10:14 PM
I don't care if anyone has more of a range. 4 octaves is a great range. That was the first time I'd ever heard of that.

led_zephyr
01-21-2007, 06:00 PM
They just came out with brian may's signature guitar, its freakin awesome! and it 800 bucks, not bad. go to musiciansfriend.com and search brian may guitars to see it.

Defaulted
01-21-2007, 08:07 PM
Jeff Buckley has a vocal range of 6 octaves...

That doesn't matter. Freddie Mercury was amazing.

Page&HammettFan
01-21-2007, 08:33 PM
Who is making the Brian May signature guitar? I'd like to own one.

jac_murphy
01-22-2007, 01:01 AM
A Brian May signature?? How the hell does that worK??

Did they build them using spare motorcycle parts?

EDIT: Interesting read (http://www.edromanguitars.com/guitar/burns/brianmay_bur.htm).

-Jacques

andersoncouncil
01-22-2007, 01:59 AM
EDIT: Interesting read (http://www.edromanguitars.com/guitar/burns/brianmay_bur.htm).

I've always wondered how Brian May has such great tone.

Page&HammettFan
01-22-2007, 02:04 PM
Thank you for posting that Jacques. That was an awesome read. By the sounds of things this ones better than the original because of the neck and bridge. The only thing the original has over it is that it was built by May (literally, although these can be considered to be :p: ), and the pickups sound better probably.

Edit: I'd be completely amazed if I found someone who didn't like Brian May's tone. He originally had a distortion nob in his guitar. I think he took it out of it though. If so, then it probably isn't in the copy that Jacques posted.

Riftcloud
01-28-2007, 03:11 AM
I heard through a friend and fellow guitarist, that May also uses a sixpence coin instead of a pick. He says that it contributes to May's unique and incredible tone. Can any one confirm this?

Page&HammettFan
01-29-2007, 05:10 PM
I think he does use a sixpence. I did read that somewhere, but I don't think that it has anything to do with his tone. I could be wrong though.

FreddieMercury
01-29-2007, 05:54 PM
yes he uses a six pence. listen to the song keep yourself alive the beginning is caused by the edges of the six pence.

Emenius Sleepus
01-29-2007, 07:00 PM
A Brian May signature?? How the hell does that worK??

Did they build them using spare motorcycle parts?

-Jacques

I think his signature model is by Burns guitars, and they basically worked with May on a bunch of prototypes until they got it right to the original's specs. Obviously his original guitar is the only true May guitar, but the Burns model is as close as anything gets.

jac_murphy
01-29-2007, 10:07 PM
^ Yeah, I know, I found the article after I had asked the question.

-Jacques

Avrageteen
01-30-2007, 06:03 PM
yay a Queen fan thread

I've been listening for a year

THEY ROCK!!!

i admire how they can play anything under the sun

i own: GH (WWRY edition),A Night At The Opera (thirtith anni), and got "the crown jewels" for christmas! :^{D

i also own (DVD): "live at wembely", "GVH1" & "LIVE AT THE BOWL"

Queen are the most phenomanal band ever!!

FreddieMercury
01-30-2007, 06:20 PM
^ hell yea ive been trying to spread them my whole time on this forum

Avrageteen
01-30-2007, 10:00 PM
you are cool Mr. Mercury!

this place is 100 times better than QueenZone

BTW,how can i contact HANZI_G?

yawn
01-30-2007, 10:03 PM
So...I like Queen.

Avrageteen
01-31-2007, 12:31 AM
what's your favorite queen song?

yawn
01-31-2007, 12:31 AM
Death on Two Legs.

Kickass song.

Avrageteen
01-31-2007, 04:09 PM
OH! i agree that is a good one deff. in my top 15!

FreddieMercury
01-31-2007, 05:35 PM
every queen song is a favorite to me

Avrageteen
01-31-2007, 05:39 PM
if you're the real freddie than your favorite is "sombody to love"

Sloopy
01-31-2007, 10:30 PM
I always was fond of '39...

yawn
01-31-2007, 11:42 PM
^ That is a kick-ass song. So beautiful.

Page&HammettFan
01-31-2007, 11:45 PM
Avrageteen, Freddie Mercury died in 1990 or '91 or something. I forget which. That's just how big of a fan he is. If that was a joke, you should put the :p: face. Not hard to do, it's just :p :, no spaces.

I love '39. Awesome song. I'm going to learn how to play that (eventually).

FreddieMercury
02-01-2007, 07:26 AM
^ novemb 91

Sloopy
02-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Avrageteen, Freddie Mercury died in 1990 or '91 or something. I forget which. That's just how big of a fan he is. If that was a joke, you should put the :p: face. Not hard to do, it's just :p :, no spaces.

Best thing about is the outer space travel theme. :cool:

Ferdinandstrat
02-01-2007, 03:12 PM
Best thing about is the outer space travel theme. :cool:

And Brian's voice.

Avrageteen
02-01-2007, 06:07 PM
And Brian's voice.

if you are the same "Ferdinandstrat" from deviantart then i am the same avrageteen

Avrageteen
02-01-2007, 06:09 PM

'twas a joke sorry if you took it the wrong way

i know freddie is dead

FreddieMercury
02-01-2007, 07:40 PM
if any one needs recommendations on a dvd do not buy wembley, in my opinion it is not the bands best concert. buy live at the bowl freddie is top notch in this one

Avrageteen
02-01-2007, 10:32 PM
i l ike wembley more the set was better and the concert looks so much more "on top of the world"

Sloopy
02-01-2007, 11:38 PM
if any one needs recommendations on a dvd do not buy wembley, in my opinion it is not the bands best concert. buy live at the bowl freddie is top notch in this one

Yah I have the Wembley DVD and I was not moved as much as when I saw the Bowl DVD. Bothing beats seeing them in concert though, not to brag, but I did see them in 86...

distilledspirit
02-02-2007, 12:09 AM
^Lucky bastard.

Page&HammettFan
02-02-2007, 04:49 AM
Jesus Christ Sloopy you've done everything! Roadie for Rush, seen Queen, that's so cool.

Do any of you happen to know if they did Don't Stop Me Now live ever? If so, is it on DVD?