star1navyboy
02-07-2006, 11:11 AM
does anyone like him? anybody?

Derigiberble
02-07-2006, 11:12 AM
:rolleyes:

fenderfreak101
02-07-2006, 11:14 AM
I hate him. I saw him in concert this summer (free concert, i wouldnt pay to see him)

Basically, he sucked.

knerken
02-07-2006, 11:15 AM
Haha! Sammy Hagar sucks bigtime!

star1navyboy
02-07-2006, 11:16 AM
OLD sammy hagar...i liked his songs heavy metal and i cant drive 55

Derigiberble
02-07-2006, 11:18 AM
Did anyone else hear dave ruin sammy on radio?

here is how it went down... they were talking about cvh and another guy said "i liked some of sammy stuff, but obviously yours was better"

dave replied with a classic by saying "what is your favortie sammy hagar song?" the guy answered "I cant drive 55, i guess" then dave was gold saying "and how does that go?"

*silence*

dave, "exactly"

star1navyboy
02-07-2006, 11:20 AM
lol well i was just listning to him...its actually pretty good

TheUltimateSin
02-07-2006, 01:25 PM

here is how it went down... they were talking about cvh and another guy said "i liked some of sammy stuff, but obviously yours was better"

dave replied with a classic by saying "what is your favortie sammy hagar song?" the guy answered "I cant drive 55, i guess" then dave was gold saying "and how does that go?"

*silence*

dave, "exactly"

And that's exactly how it should be.

Sherman901
02-07-2006, 02:35 PM
I don't like Sammy Hagar, at all. David was much better.

Danne55
02-07-2006, 03:29 PM

*silence*

dave, "exactly"

:haha:
When Page isn't mentioned you could actually be fun :p:

Oh yea: "Why can't this be love" is the best Hagar song :p:

Rock1986
02-07-2006, 04:56 PM
I like Sammy, in fact Right Now is probably my all time favorite Van Halen song.

rx_eb
02-07-2006, 05:24 PM

oh c'mon who doesn't like hagar

Sammy Hagar is god and Van Hagar is such a exellent band

http://www.therock1067.com/modules/htmlarea/upload6/uncledave_348.jpg

http://wsdrh1.websightdesign.com/~redrockr/media/images/homepage/mainImg.jpg

hagar and friend

http://www.celebsafari.com/images/uploads/thumbs/285800CA5B0C4D758272A0F28D761E87_423.jpg

have a look at hagar

there'll be no other rock n roll artist with that unique look

Sammy Hagar on the Sam and Dave tour:

"Dave wanted to make it a contest between early Van Halen and Van Hagar. I'm going, ?I haven't been in the band for six years; he hadn't been in the band for 18 years (laughs). What in the hell kind of a competition is that?!'

:rolleyes:

braknstrings
02-12-2006, 07:45 PM
C'mon how can u hate Sammy? :p: The Red Rockers got range and rhythm, but i like DLR -hes golden-and classic van halen tons more but sammy's kinda hard to just hate :peace:

wilty00
02-12-2006, 07:50 PM
I love Sammy... I don't see whats so bad about him. I think derigible is just a little bitter :p:

Mokumo
02-12-2006, 08:42 PM
I can stand him. But I like DLR a LOT more.

dougarini
02-12-2006, 10:18 PM
all i can say is **** sammy hagar, the ****in asshole. god even thinkin about him gets me all riled up, o man im gonna slug him right in the cack

highway2hell999
02-13-2006, 10:24 AM
he is OK but van halen got too popish w/ hagar, david lee roth was better

JkHalen
02-13-2006, 03:14 PM
C'mon how can u hate Sammy? :p: The Red Rockers got range and rhythm, but i like DLR -hes golden-and classic van halen tons more but sammy's kinda hard to just hate :peace:
plz change your avatar. Not just cuz it looks exacly like mine, but cuz you like Sammy Hagar...anyways, yeah Hagar sux :D he's not even half as good as Dave.

braknstrings
02-13-2006, 09:59 PM
plz change your avatar. Not just cuz it looks exacly like mine, but cuz you like Sammy Hagar...anyways, yeah Hagar sux :D he's not even half as good as Dave.

Um... lol im not changing my avatar...you change urs and anyway what is this like the i hate sammy hagar thread? I also said i like DLR much more much Sammy's solo career was much better than Dave's and the name of this thread is 'Sammy Hagar' not "Who's the better VH frontman"! :no:

priest.fan.
02-13-2006, 10:02 PM
I like Sammy. Never really saw the problem with him... I bought the live "right here: right now" album and he's fantastic on it.

terrencemaddox
02-13-2006, 10:40 PM
I liked his work with Van Halen a lot but not necessarily more or less than the stuff with DLR. I think they both contributed some good music. That said, I hate everything Sammy has done outside of Van Halen and he sounds like douche whenever he is interviewed.

daytripper75
06-23-2006, 01:28 AM
i saw him last night at the House of Blues in Myrtle Beach, SC

it was a damn good show w/ Michael Anthony and everything.

ThePurpleRabbit
06-23-2006, 09:32 AM
His songs are annoying and his cheesy Ballads are the worst that exists.

Even Van Halen with Gary Cherone is better than Van Hagar... and that says a lot.

RTL5150
07-21-2006, 03:45 PM
His songs are annoying and his cheesy Ballads are the worst that exists.

Even Van Halen with Gary Cherone is better than Van Hagar... and that says a lot.

Albums with Sammy Hagar:
5150 #1 in 1986 6x multi Platinum
OU812 #1 in 1988 4x multi Platinum
For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge #1 in 1991 3x multi Platinum
Balance #1 in 1995 3x multi Platinum

Albums with Gary Cherone:
Van Halen III #4 in 1998 Gold (barely)

oh yeah Gary Cherone with Van Halen was better.

ha yeah right.

Tenacious Me
07-21-2006, 03:50 PM
:haha:
When Page isn't mentioned you could actually be fun :p:

Oh yea: "Why can't this be love" is the best Hagar song :p:
Hows that one go? :p:

ThePurpleRabbit
07-21-2006, 05:17 PM
Albums with Sammy Hagar:

ha yeah right.

oohh.

So sales numbers should descide what I like... :rolleyes:

DarkGreedo25
07-21-2006, 05:20 PM
How can someone take the abysmal Cherone over Hagar?

ThePurpleRabbit
07-22-2006, 10:03 AM
Live with it.

It's quite easy actually.

nitrogenium
07-22-2006, 10:50 AM
van halen just sucks so he does to

928GTS
07-22-2006, 10:43 PM
He was really good in Montrose but after that he just sucks.

kbass9267
07-22-2006, 11:53 PM
Imo, David Lee Roth was better in Van Halen than Sammy Hagar. Hagar just didn't have the energy Roth had. He was ok though.

lacey_the_crazy
07-23-2006, 03:30 AM
Meh, I can't stand his voice, and I can't stand anything done by Van Hagar that I've heard.

chopps00
07-24-2006, 11:23 AM

My gay friend has a crush on him...but he doesn't like his music either.

septic squid
07-25-2006, 04:54 PM
Albums with Sammy Hagar:

ha yeah right.

just cus they sold tons of those albums doesnt mean they are good. michael jackson,britney spears, nsync, and the backstreet boys all sell tons of albums and they all suck

septic squid
07-25-2006, 04:59 PM
Albums with Sammy Hagar:

ha yeah right.

just cus they sold tons of those albums doesnt mean they are good. michael jackson,britney spears, nsync, and the backstreet boys all sell tons of albums and they all suck

fattypumbaa
08-02-2006, 03:15 AM
DLR is good but Sammys the man i saw him with Van Halen in 2004 at the Staples Center in LA it was amazing but all Van Halen fans can agree gary cherone and van halen 3 suck balls

the_next_bonham
08-13-2006, 03:12 PM
you mispelled his name. its Sammy Gaygar

with the exception of "i can't drive 55" everything else of his sucks, especially with van halen (they suck too [for the most part])

themadstratter
08-13-2006, 05:32 PM
stop hating. at least sammy could sing, and was a decent songwriter. he had a range of more than half an octave. oh, and he actually SANG ALL THE LYRICS in concert, not just the ones he felt like. and his attitude's never been as annoying as other pompous, talentless quasi-singers out there. that being said, you shouldn't compare him with DLR. this isn't a vs. thread.

rock on red rocker

the_next_bonham
08-13-2006, 05:38 PM
you dont have to worry about it i think DLR is gay too, along with the rest of Van Halen

EL Conquestidor
08-13-2006, 06:03 PM
I like Sammy. I liked Van Hagar. If you want to get PO'd because DLR isn't in VH anymore, talk to EVH. He's the one w/the huge ego problem.
Sammy's a cool laid back guy. VH asked him in, he went and did a good job. They threw him out. No big deal to Sammy, he just went back to cutting his own stuff. If you don't like his stuff/style, that's OK. But don't hold DLR stuff against him.

Stop Messin'
08-14-2006, 10:51 PM
Sammy is THE man. Sammy/Montrose was great Van Halen with Sammy is awesome. Solo Sammy was the best. Van Halen+Sammy=a place where Dave couldn't take them. Dave was a has-been the day Eddie said "You're fired!!!". Sammy got bigger and better the day Eddie said "You're fired!!!!"

Sammy=my fav. singer.

Gibson_SG_uzr55
08-16-2006, 10:10 AM
HELL YEAH!! Sammy Hagar is cool. I like him better than David Lee Roth. Roth has a better voice, but Sammy has that rocker voice, while Roth has a pop voice. I thought Hagar was better before he joined Van Halen, when he played solo and w/ Montrose. But I like him, nonetheless. Bonafied rocker w/ a friggin awesome hairdo.

rich_duran2
08-16-2006, 02:45 PM
He Killed Van Halen....I missed MR Roth.

kshelt76
08-17-2006, 06:49 PM
Question: Could Van Halen have become as successful a band as they did if Hagar had been the original singer?

Answer: ( A resounding) NOOOOOOOOO!

But I don't blame Sammy. I blame my guitar idol, Eddie. Eddie's the one who wanted Roth out, Eddie's the one who started all the experiments with a synth and such, Eddie's the one who was writing all the pop songs. Sammy was brought in to give the band that different (poppish) sound. Yeah, the band had much better rock music with Roth, but Hagar really was a pretty good musician.

Still- Van Halen I and II blow everything Hagar ever made out of the water.

Dæmönika
08-20-2006, 09:21 AM
Question time: I am currently listening to Space Station No. 5 (live) but I don't know who he recorded it with, I've narrowed it down to either his solo band or Montrose, but I don't know which. I got the song off the Greatest Heavy Metal Songs or something along those lines. If anyone can tell me which band he recorded it and whether it was on an official live album, I'd be grateful.

DireStraits
08-20-2006, 09:25 AM
Sammy's my baby.

I saw him on TV once, performing in his club in Chicago. What's it called again?

Oingo Boingo?
ChumbaWumba?
Banarama?
ahh... Kajagoogoo?

Hell, does it really matter? SAMMY ROCKS!

Derigiberble
08-20-2006, 05:22 PM
Question: Could Van Halen have become as successful a band as they did if Hagar had been the original singer?

Answer: ( A resounding) NOOOOOOOOO!

But I don't blame Sammy. I blame my guitar idol, Eddie. Eddie's the one who wanted Roth out, Eddie's the one who started all the experiments with a synth and such, Eddie's the one who was writing all the pop songs. Sammy was brought in to give the band that different (poppish) sound. Yeah, the band had much better rock music with Roth, but Hagar really was a pretty good musician.

Still- Van Halen I and II blow everything Hagar ever made out of the water.

I'm sorry but in what way was Hager a talented musician? What did he play well or at all? His singing was and still is pathetic. Roth could at least play the guitar, heck Roth was a pretty darn good guitarist when it came to the spanish acoustic stuff.

farcry
08-20-2006, 05:31 PM
I think he's good, I didn't know he played guitar and I saw him with van halen. When he played cabo wabo I was surprised at how good it was.

edit: as a frontman I was pretty impressed too, he was playing a show in the middle of nowhere saskatchewan and the house wasn't full but he made sure that he gave us our money's worth and did his absolute best to make sure people had fun. I remember the people in the stage pit thing weren't excited or anything so during a song he climbed down and started dancing around with them and making everyone drink(while singing perfectly).

kshelt76
08-25-2006, 11:54 PM
I'm sorry but in what way was Hager a talented musician? What did he play well or at all? His singing was and still is pathetic. Roth could at least play the guitar, heck Roth was a pretty darn good guitarist when it came to the spanish acoustic stuff.

First of all, I won't argue that Roth was much better than Hagar. Roth embodied the spirit of VH, and when he left, along with him went a large part of the band( I find it funny that 1984 is considered the year that Classic Rock "ends" and is the same year as Roth's last album with the band). And yes, if you define a musician as someone who plays an instrument, then I can't give any examples of Hagar being a good musician. However, what I was trying to say is that everyone blames Hagar for the poppish music VH started making, and everyone likes to say that Hagar is a horrible singer, and other such comments. However, if you blame VH's downfall on Roth leaving, then Hagar had nothing to do with that. He was simply the replacement man. Yes his sound was much different, but isn't that Eddie's, Alex's and Mike's fault for bringing in a guy with a poppier sound? They made some good music with Hagar. Granted, it was much different from what they had made previous to 5150 and after( and that's the main reason people don't like Hagar, not because they made bad music, but because they changed from great music), but songs like Love Walks In, Dreams, Runaround, Poundcake, On Top of the World, Best of Both Worlds, Finish What Ya Started, Right Now, Feels So Good, Can't Stop Lovin You and some lesserknowns like Don't Tell Me What Love Can Do and Not Enough are great songs. So overall, what I was trying to point out is that, #1 VH's poppy sound isn't all Hagar's fault. A lot of the blame needs to rest on EVH's shoulders( just like he needs to take the blame for Van Halen III) & #2 No Hagar isn't the best VH frontman. No, he's not even close to Roth. But he actually is a better overall singer, and the music that he created, while disappointing considering what VH had done before he came in, isn't necessarily a load of crap either.

VANHALENGUITAR
08-26-2006, 12:52 AM
i really like him but he is nothing to dave

VANHALENGUITAR
08-26-2006, 12:54 AM
o ya and dreams is a really good song

Rockin'Tommy
08-27-2006, 11:00 AM
Haha! Sammy Hagar sucks bigtime!
I like Sammy Hagar, I liked him better than David Lee Roth. I've never seen him live in concert or nethin but ive seen DVD concerts n' on there CD's n' he sounds pretty good to me.