The ONLY Sublime Thread

PDA

View Full Version : The ONLY Sublime Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Zaigonen
02-17-2006, 10:39 AM
Wahooo!!!!!!!!!! Ive set this thread up to honour the masters of all music, Sublime! Let the disscussions begin!

Sublime is are relatively unheard of in the UK so i only recently discovered that they are a very famouse band in the USA.

If someone could post a link to a good site for listning to and downloading Sublime, Ide be very greatful!

telex289
02-17-2006, 11:42 AM
ive been a sublime fan since around the time brad died. my older brother used to like them, and since i was pretty young i just grew a liking to the album 40oz to freedom. probably one of my top 5 bands, they truely are amazing. just get all their cds they have amazing music on every single one..

DisgruntledDuck
02-17-2006, 12:00 PM
I don't like their dub stuff much but they were a good band who could've gone on to be even better. RIP Brad.

Leftover_Crack
02-17-2006, 04:23 PM
Awful.

benjiman
02-17-2006, 06:18 PM
Yep, Sublime definately rules. I've been listening to their stuff for a while but I just recently got Sublime Gold (double disc set with 44 songs) for only $15 CAN, one hell of a deal if you ask me...

pinheadslts75
02-17-2006, 07:15 PM
*Reported*

Iluvpowerchords
02-18-2006, 12:07 AM
http://www.sublimearchive.com/audio-sublime.php

Bootlegs galore.

vlp_dope
02-18-2006, 01:25 PM
Awful. fuc(k) you as(s)hole! ......but u like leftover crack so it's all good :D.

vlp_dope
02-18-2006, 01:26 PM
i like sublime when they lpay ska.....seed is awesome and wrong way and badfish :D:D:D

kbass9267
02-18-2006, 02:13 PM
Sublime is with out a doubt one of my favorite bands. I've been a big fan for about a year and I really enjoy the diversity of their music.

RIP Brad

Leftover_Crack
02-18-2006, 04:16 PM
fuc(k) you as(s)hole! ......but u like leftover crack so it's all good :D.

I don't care for them anymore, and how come I can give my opinion on this and without being told off? Slightly oppressive.

Zaigonen
02-18-2006, 04:49 PM
I don't care for them anymore, and how come I can give my opinion on this and without being told off? Slightly oppressive.

because your a muppet!

ROCK ON SUBLIME!! let the praising continue!!

tHE_ pEOpLE_13
02-19-2006, 12:35 AM
Sublime is one of the greatest bands ever, just liste to their music, it's true life ****, so f-uck everyone who disses them

sargasm
02-19-2006, 03:55 AM
They get the piss taken out of them alot, but I rather enjoy some of their tunes.

They're pretty much another case of cantlikeanythingmanstreamitis.

Rankles
02-19-2006, 04:15 AM
Warning and ban for VIP dope.

You guys seem perfectly happy to discuss these here, despite a surge of threads a few weeks ago pissing people off. Why did someone report it?

ss311
02-19-2006, 10:16 AM
I really enjoy the music but the lyrics are somewhat pointless.

420_40.oz
02-19-2006, 11:08 AM
ya sublime is key, does anyone on UG play sublime and what do you do to get brad nowell's tone? peace

Chaise Boogie
02-19-2006, 11:23 AM
Why the hell do these pop up so much? Let's make an official Sublime thread, like GNR has one for 80's Metal thread. Sublime aren't even that good, I enjoy there singles, but I don't appreciate there non-popular stuff, it sucks.

rayIII
02-19-2006, 11:44 AM
Why the hell do these pop up so much? Let's make an official Sublime thread, like GNR has one for 80's Metal thread. Sublime aren't even that good, I enjoy there singles, but I don't appreciate there non-popular stuff, it sucks.
same here..

but santeria is probably my favorite song right now, i love playin the solo :D

Rankles
02-19-2006, 11:45 AM
Ok this can be it.

rayIII
02-19-2006, 11:46 AM
^sweet! lol

Chaise Boogie
02-19-2006, 12:01 PM
I think Santeria is funny because it's about killing that guy, but the sound is really mellow so most people take it as something else.

Zaigonen
02-19-2006, 05:23 PM
I play sublime with my freind. We play acoustic and sing, and we play none acoustic sublime on acoustic with harmonies and stuff. I love sublime but i understand that if you dont let yourself get into it, its impossible to enjoy. Those of you who have said they dont like Sublime I hope you can give it another chance. I think the key to singing like brad is to fill your voice with pure passion. And to always sing high rather than low, even if it strains your voice.

RockThe40oz
02-20-2006, 10:22 AM
^Why do you assume that people who don't like sublime just haven't given it a chance? Seems kinda pretentious to me..

Zaigonen
02-20-2006, 10:27 AM
???

Isnt your name based on Sublime?? Why are you having a go at me??

No-one has to like Sublime, i just think that those who dont are missing out. But thats only my opinion.

CowsWithGuns
02-20-2006, 10:42 AM
Rock the 40 oz. is a Leftover Crack song.

DyNoMiTe...!
02-20-2006, 09:21 PM
Yeah, I like some of Sublimes songs, I love santeria though :)

misfitsdisciple
02-20-2006, 09:26 PM
Rock the 40 oz. is a Leftover Crack song.

its not beer its piss.

chuckleheadfunk
02-21-2006, 02:02 PM
they aren't too well known around the world.. i met a guy working at a flea market in bangkok thailand who was playing the 40 oz to freedom the day after i got the sun tattooed on my arm though.. not too many bands have blended all the friggen styles they did.

yeah the sublime archive has a bunch of old bootlegs and concerts. i think i have some bootlegs around here somewhere... dog days and memories? they have a lot of rare stuff you can find on here and in record stores.

robbin tha hood is the best album they have.. most people don't think so though. some of the best stuff on it was recorded in a crack den.

i might be able to send you copies of the bootlegs i got if you want

Zaigonen
02-21-2006, 06:52 PM
Nice dude! sounds good to me. You said you have the Sublime sun tatood on your arm? Thats a really sweet design. If you could send that bootleg stuff that would be good, but im not sure how youde manage it.

I think that all of their stuff is good, and the idea of them recording in a crac den is a slight put down as thats what led to Brads death.

May his music live on

Leftover_Crack
02-21-2006, 07:51 PM
its not beer its piss.

It aint* beer its piss if you're going to quote someone at least do it right sheesh.

rayIII
02-21-2006, 08:08 PM
It aint* beer its piss if you're going to quote someone at least do it right sheesh.
:haha :haha

angusfenderbend
02-21-2006, 08:43 PM
HA! Here we go!

Sublime....ive been a fan for as long as i know.....
They were very talented. They opened the gateway to a lot of awesome music for me.
Immediately after becoming a fan i began checking brads record label out. Its called skunk records.
They signed some amazing bands. After Brad died the remaining members of the band formed an awesome and trippy dub band called the long beach dub allstars. I Love LBDA. Long beach Dub Allstars introduced me to artists who are more into reggae like half pint.
I had been a marley fan since i was a kid and ive always loved reggae so i was really excited when i found out about these bands. I also discovered Long Beach Shortbus and slightly stoopid because of brads' label. theses are all some of my all time favorite bands. Slightly Stoopid are the BEST acoustic band ever. Seriously check them out. Just do some research on bands like these. If theres one thing i hate its little 13-15 year old posuers who mix sublime into thier sea of emo bands and never learn about the good music sublime inspired and came from. just check out everything on Skunk....and cornerstone ras and long beach records. And also i love the ziggens. They are a surf band and they were close friends with sublime. I would also like to say that im sorry that Brad died but if he wasnt doing stupid crap like heroin it wouldnt of happened so......i dont really feel that bad for him, just his family etc.

chuckleheadfunk
02-22-2006, 02:00 AM
which cd's can you get in england? i know the robbing tha hood one is pretty hard to find overseas. i think second hand smoke might be too. and there's the acoustic one.

other than that there's the bootlegs
most of the bootlegs and live stuff they did are pretty crappy compared to the CD's.. because bradley was usually too drunk or high. i haven't checked out a lot of the stuff on the sublime archive though.

the dog days bootleg i have is from a concert in red rock colorado. in 95 or 96 right before he died. there's like 25 songs on it.
i found it in new york city a few years ago. i saw it on the archive awhile ago under a different name.

i forget where i got the memories cd's.

look for the doin' time remix they did with pharcyde. even if you don't like rap it's a killer song. work that we do is their best song i think..

anyway dude i don't mind copying any of them for you because i know the **** is hard to find.. and they are probably the best band there ever was.. guitar wise, bradley could rip it up. the solo in scarlet begonias (a grateful dead song) is a great example of using modes in a song.

telex289
02-22-2006, 03:01 AM
anyone else see the dvd SUBLIME :Stories, lies, and exaggerations? its an amazing dvd, completely changes your perspective about sublime. anyone else want to reccomend me some other sublime dvds?

chuckleheadfunk
02-22-2006, 03:33 AM
the only other one they have is the self titled one.. its got a few of their music videos and live footage.

i haven't seen either.. i've heard about an expensive book.. like 60 bucks that's a bunch of color photos and history of the band. there's a lot of interviews of their friends and people that saw them.. what people thought when brad died. i heard its pretty good, and was helped written by brads dad. its hard to find though... check amazon or ebay or something.

Zaigonen
02-22-2006, 08:36 AM
Sublime **** is hard to find in the UK, bootleg or not, but its pretty easy to just order it on the internet or just download it from you guys in the states though limewire or something (not that i would do such an illegal action).

Ive loved Sublime for about a yeart and a half, not that long i know, but before that i have always been a fan of reggae and some of the reggae influenced ska.

I think that the key to really enjoying sublime however, is to get really high. But i know thats not for everyone. Skunk records are definately holders of some fine bands, but there does seem to be a fine line between being influenced by Sublime and copying Sublime. I usually listen to reggae compulations, the really old school stuff that influenced the man himself( bob marley).

The magic recepy that was sublime seems to be an original yet revelutionary one, but when the same formular is tried to be recreated it is always lacking that secret ingredient, Brad; who unfortunately, is dead.

If someone could leave a link or something to a site were i could order the Sublime CDs, that would be great.

Zaigonen
02-22-2006, 10:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38GOApru8Go&search=Sublime

lush version of doin time

chuckleheadfunk
02-22-2006, 11:08 AM
yeah check your private message thing

telex289
02-22-2006, 12:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38GOApru8Go&search=Sublime

lush version of doin time
they have that from the dvd Sublime: lies, tales, and exaggerations (great dvd btw)

Zaigonen
02-22-2006, 06:15 PM
nice. Ide like to get hold of these DVDs, if you could make a link to a site were i can buy them cheeply, Ide appreciate it.

Zaigonen
02-22-2006, 06:17 PM
Ive been browsing through google videos and you tube and have been coming up with a lot of bands doing covers of Sublime songs, Im not to sure on the whole copyright law but isnt it illegal to cover a song without permission?

Iluvpowerchords
02-22-2006, 06:22 PM
Ive been browsing through google videos and you tube and have been coming up with a lot of bands doing covers of Sublime songs, Im not to sure on the whole copyright law but isnt it illegal to cover a song without permission?

No.

Zaigonen
02-22-2006, 07:53 PM
wow cool, i think im gonna put my sublime cover on my my space

Iluvpowerchords
02-22-2006, 07:55 PM
wow cool, i think im gonna put my sublime cover on my my space

oh, I thought you meant playing live.

Myspace has rules that say you must own the copyright to the music you post for your band.

Recording a cover and marketing it without paying royalties, is illegal.

Sorry 'bout the mixup.

Zaigonen
02-22-2006, 08:07 PM
oh ok, thanx dude. So you can perform live covers but not record and market copies, ok i see. thanx

Mach_Baron
02-22-2006, 09:01 PM
i'm still trying to figure out why this thread is still active and hasn't been stopped/moved.

pinheadslts75
02-22-2006, 11:29 PM
You guys seem perfectly happy to discuss these here, despite a surge of threads a few weeks ago pissing people off. Why did someone report it?

Back when Lazy was a mod, he didn't allow Sublime threads. Sorry, sometimes I forget things have changed.

chuckleheadfunk
02-23-2006, 01:56 PM
How is sublime not considered punk rock or ska? they're not a band you can call a certain name because of the different songs and styles they did..

but still

you can definetly hear the influences in most of their songs

people are friggen weird sometimes
who really cares if you see a sublime thread in a ****ing message board on the ****ing internet

****ing nerds did you get picked on at school or something? and now its your chance to be a big man?

CowsWithGuns
02-23-2006, 02:08 PM
who really cares if you see a sublime thread in a ****ing message board on the ****ing internet

****ing nerds did you get picked on at school or something? and now its your chance to be a big man?

First part:Apperently you do.
Second part:I was just thinking that very same thing when i was reading your post.

pinheadslts75
02-24-2006, 11:09 PM
How is sublime not considered punk rock or ska?

I reported it because a while ago whenever someone posted a Sublime thread, the regulars would come and turn it into a flame war. I've got nothing against Sublime in particular. Don't go acting like a moron when you don't understand someones intentions.

telex289
02-24-2006, 11:54 PM
only 1 person reported it for no reason.. and they're a ska band, mabye not as much as all their material is, but they definetely are ska.. and let a mod decide if it belongs here.. who the **** cares anyway... stop being a little bitch about it and acting all cool and powerful by "reporting" it, no on gives a crap.. let the mods take care of it, its a 3-page thread and the only people that have complained about it reported it so leave it alone.

marsaray
02-25-2006, 12:23 AM
Sublime is one of the best ska/regge bands ever. I love the lead singer. He has a great voice.

pinheadslts75
02-25-2006, 12:27 AM
edit:to telex whatever

Did you not read my post right above you? I just stated my intentions behind reporting it.
My god, try to have a little understanding. Reporting stuff does not make me feel good about myself, I do it when I think something is a spam/ilegal post or could become something like, then let the mods decide. It's just a precautionary measure. Lots of spam has come of Sublime threads in the past. They didn't even used to be allowed!

Why do I care so much about this? I've seen less intelligence in this thread then the past two republican national conventions.

Leftover_Crack
02-25-2006, 12:28 AM
only 1 person reported it for no reason.. and they're a ska band, mabye not as much as all their material is, but they definetely are ska.. and let a mod decide if it belongs here.. who the **** cares anyway... stop being a little bitch about it and acting all cool and powerful by "reporting" it, no on gives a crap.. let the mods take care of it, its a 3-page thread and the only people that have complained about it reported it so leave it alone.

He fucking explained himself douchebag. There was no need for a reply to his post, but let me dumb it down for your tiny brain seeing as you didn't get it. Sublime threads use to not be allowed in here, and use to get closed. So he being a good member reported it, like everyone else use to. Make sense now? Or was douchebag to big a word for you?

telex289
02-25-2006, 01:03 AM
keep on bitching you little 12 year old girls. hes not being a good member, hes ruining the thread by telling everyone why he had to report it. if you want to report it, just do it. you dont have to go

*reported* so that EVERYONE knows.. big ****ing deal. yeah here's the news; sublime thread USED to not be allowed here, i've seen about 5 in the past month, have they been deleted? no so obviously they're allowed here now. so whot he **** cares what it used to be?

you're being a douchebag anyway by ruining this thread with your gay elitist attitude. there's so many stupid spam thread son this forum. this obviously isnt spam because everyone here has had a good discussion about sublime and only you two fags have spammed this and ruined it, rendering the thread useless.

pinheadslts75
02-25-2006, 01:06 AM
you're being a douchebag anyway by ruining this thread with your gay elitist attitude. there's so many stupid spam thread son this forum. this obviously isnt spam because everyone here has had a good discussion about sublime and only you two fags have spammed this and ruined it, rendering the thread useless.

So you're a homophobe now too. I explained myself to one person so I wouldn't sound like an idiot, and now you come in try to make me and Leftover Crack seem like the ones who are spreading unwarranted flaming. If anyone's the elitist, it's you.
Trying to make yourself seem better than me just because I reported this thread to try and prevent spam. I don't read every thread on this forum, and I haven't noticed any Sublime threads in my browsing. Get over it already! :finger:

telex289
02-25-2006, 01:07 AM
wtf does that even mean?

Leftover_Crack
02-25-2006, 01:09 AM
I'd rather be an eltist then a homophobe, and as for ruining the thread oh well. He explained why he reported it did you really need to reply and be an ass about it? Of course you did Mr. Big man.

pinheadslts75
02-25-2006, 01:15 AM
wtf does that even mean?
Gee, let's see

Clear enough for you yet, asshole?

There you go.

telex289
02-25-2006, 01:16 AM
i did have to reply because he spammed a topic for no reason. he claims he was being a "good member" yet he ruined a thread that is obviously being allowed.

and wtf how am i a homophobe. oh is it because i called you a fag? **** that man, you need to stop reading **** literally.

telex289
02-25-2006, 01:18 AM
fine hows this - i should report both of you for spamming. its apparent that this thread is allowed because its been here for 2 days now and hasnt been deleted. and i can also point out the fact that you decided to spam it anyway when there was discussion about sublime.

pinheadslts75
02-25-2006, 01:18 AM
This kids not gonna quit is he? Not once have I claimed I was trying to be a good member. Where do you get your delusions?

Edit: Go ahead, my life doesn't revolve around this website. I should report you for posting your disgracing elitism and homophobia. Forget it, I'm leaving.

Leftover_Crack
02-25-2006, 01:19 AM
i did have to reply because he spammed a topic for no reason. he claims he was being a "good member" yet he ruined a thread that is obviously being allowed.

and wtf how am i a homophobe. oh is it because i called you a fag? **** that man, you need to stop reading **** literally.

I usually read stuff literally sorry. He explained why he posted that, and you're just being a stupid shit about it.

telex289
02-25-2006, 01:20 AM
fine im homophobic - wtf are you going to do about it?

Leftover_Crack
02-25-2006, 01:21 AM
Tell you to go fuck yourself you ignorant douchebag. Also go ahead and report me, if I get banned oh well its not like i'm on here much anyway. If you really want us to quit spamming, quit replying idiot.

pinheadslts75
02-25-2006, 01:22 AM
Just because you admit it to get us to go awy doesn't mean it's making it better. People like you ruin this forum and whatever country you live in by posting stupid prejudices like homophobia.

Edit: Leftover_Crack, I've reported the little bitch, let's just leave before we get warned/banned.

telex289
02-25-2006, 01:23 AM
actually im sure you'd cry like a little bitch for nights but thats besides the point.

and why does he suddenly have the right to explain himself? hes not a mod, he has no power to close threads.. if this is spam he should just report it, leave us alone and when its deleted or clsoed, a mod will explain why. so he should shove his stupid ass face into his ass because he doesnt know what hes talking about. i could not give two ****s why he reported the thread. look what it has caused anyway. he spammed a perfectly good thread.

pinheadslts75
02-25-2006, 01:25 AM
actually im sure you'd cry like a little bitch for nights but thats besides the point.

and why does he suddenly have the right to explain himself? hes not a mod, he has no power to close threads.. if this is spam he should just report it, leave us alone and when its deleted or clsoed, a mod will explain why. so he should shove his stupid ass face into his ass because he doesnt know what hes talking about. i could not give two ****s why he reported the thread. look what it has caused anyway. he spammed a perfectly good thread.

Because someone asked why I reported it, so I answered him. When are you going to get that?!

That someone was not you, why does this forum suddenly revolve around you?

Leftover_Crack
02-25-2006, 01:26 AM

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAH that bolded statement was just the most moronic thing i've ever read. He was replying to a thread idiot. I don't take the internet that seriously enough to cry about it, and you're also spamming this thread moron.

pinheadslts75
02-25-2006, 01:28 AM
He's just being emo because we keep taking the piss out of him. This is kind of fun.

And also, this is the internet, not your fascist fantasy. I can post whatever the HELL I please.

telex289
02-25-2006, 01:31 AM
umm i'd like to argue more, but you two have the mentality of a 12 year old. you make less sense than terry shiavo reading a book..

Leftover_Crack
02-25-2006, 01:32 AM
umm i'd like to argue more, but you two have the mentality of a 12 year old. you make less sense than terry shiavo reading a book..

But I was having fun bumslut.

pinheadslts75
02-25-2006, 01:33 AM
Good, leave. As much as you seem to hate us posting our opinions and defending ourselves from unfair/unwarranted comments, you sure pay a lot of attention to us.

telex289
02-25-2006, 01:40 AM
thats pretty weird, you just said in an earlier post: "Go ahead, my life doesn't revolve around this website. I should report you for posting your disgracing elitism and homophobia. Forget it, I'm leaving."

so why exactly did you come back?

and what did i do wrong? you spammed this topic beyong beliefe im just trying to defend it because you ruined it...

and you apparently cant post whatever you want, im sure you would know since you have a copy of the UG mod handbook or something because you now so well t hat this is spam..

pinheadslts75
02-25-2006, 01:47 AM
How did I ruin this thread? If I recall correctly, you were the one who started this whole mess.

telex289
02-25-2006, 01:49 AM
actually you could have avoided the whole thing by not announcing that you reported it.. because no one here ****ing cares...

pinheadslts75
02-25-2006, 01:53 AM
How many times do I have to explain myself to get the message through your thick skull?

telex289
02-25-2006, 01:55 AM
if it was an "accident" as you claim - then you should have left the thread and ignored it if you didnt have anything to add...

and i just dont understand where you got the idea this was supposed to be "reported" as you claim... if it USED to be that this ex-mod deleted sublime threads, why did you decide to report this one? thats what it used to be, you apparently knew that too...

CowsWithGuns
02-25-2006, 01:56 AM
^ Dude stop trying to make this thread into lipunx.

EDIT: You sound like a user, sorry if I'm mistaken.

telex289
02-25-2006, 01:59 AM
actually i keep replying because its beyond just ruined so ill just wat for a mod to delete all the posts, realize leftover crack and pinhead (he suits his name) are morons and give them warning and we're back to normal.

Rankles
02-25-2006, 02:24 AM
Warnings for all three of you.

Telex, you reported this thread about seven times.

As for the others, I have no goddamn idea whether Sublime used to be allowed here or not and to be honest I couldn't care less, it's up to you guys. Nooone had posted within the first few days of opening so I made it an only thread.

If someone can recommend a better place for Sublime to go then maybe I'll move them but I can't do anything unless someone requests it and flaming each other is not the way to go about it.

Jackolas
02-25-2006, 05:19 AM
Rankles mate, alot of the bands here aren't specifically "punk" anyway... "punk" is a funny one, theres a fine line in peoples opinion between pop/punk and real punk.

Rankles
02-25-2006, 11:06 AM
Aye but 99% of the time the distinction has been made. It's only with a couple of bands that the line is blurry. I might put it to a vote.

angusfenderbend
02-25-2006, 11:01 PM
Rankles,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sublime_%28band%29
Sublime is a very confusing band to categorize. They have done punk, ska, hip hop, reggae and even classic rock type songs. The majority of thier songs could be considered ,reggae, progressive rock or ska. Seeing as they are mainly a rock band i would put them in modern rock but they have had fans in so many different scenes. The main genres listed on the wikipedia articles are(in order) reggae, punk, ska. Since there really is not a place to discuss reggae and the other two are punk and ska i would vote to keep them here. It at least gives a place to discuss them somewhere. That is simply my opinion. But theres your first vote. The link contains all the info youll need about the band.

Leftover_Crack
02-25-2006, 11:05 PM
Put them in the other forum, if they've done so many genres that would be the best place.

VodkaPunk
02-26-2006, 02:09 AM
THE ONLY place where Sublime would be discussed is here.

No one would touch it but rudies.

Rankles
02-26-2006, 06:21 AM
Put them in the other forum, if they've done so many genres that would be the best place.

The other forum is a dead forum used for bands that aren't guitar oriented or rock, such as pop bands etc. Not for Sublime.

VodkaPunk
02-26-2006, 08:14 PM
Leftover Crack got served.

Leftover_Crack
02-26-2006, 08:17 PM
The other forum is a dead forum used for bands that aren't guitar oriented or rock, such as pop bands etc. Not for Sublime.

Where would Busted go? They're a pop band, but they use guitars. That logic is slightly flawed.

chuckleheadfunk
02-27-2006, 01:21 PM
where's the original poster who asked about the sublime CD's

Rankles
02-28-2006, 05:06 AM
Where would Busted go? They're a pop band, but they use guitars. That logic is slightly flawed.

They're a pop band. It's hardly instrument driven music, other is for pop music and such.

Zaigonen
02-28-2006, 01:40 PM
RIGHT THATS IT!!!! can we pleeeeease get back to talking about Sublime?? The whole point in this thread was to disscuss a great band, not to bite each others heads off. Please try to chill out all of you and get back on track. Dont bother moving the thread its fine were it is thats why i put it here, if a band has done songs from multiple genres thewn it doesnt really matter wich one they go in. If anypone wants to talk to me, then youll usualy have to wait for a whole day because i live in the UK and i get oj at differant times to you. If someone is narking you off, just ignore them, dont grill them for spamming because this just ruins the whole thread.

Just chill people, and lets get back to discussing a truely legendary band.

chuckleheadfunk
02-28-2006, 01:51 PM
are you still interested in those cd's? i haven't been able to check my email in a few days.. somethings wrong with the site.

hippy12
02-28-2006, 01:58 PM
sublime are awesome! haha i used some of Brad's lyrics for my english coursework, got me an A!

Zaigonen
02-28-2006, 05:47 PM
LOL yeh im stioll interested in the cds.

Zaigonen
03-02-2006, 05:13 PM
in the email i sent you i asked what you wanted for them and ****?

Zaigonen
03-07-2006, 09:37 AM
if there is any sublime fans out there who hyave had a go at plying covers, let me know what you do to sound like Bradd.

Rather Dashing
03-07-2006, 02:46 PM
one question i have is in the song S.T.P., what does brad say when he goes
"have u seen little wh0re betty
someone says she stole my ..?.." (sounds like freddie)
and does S.T.P. stand for secret tweaking pad, or for the hallucinogenic drug?

this song owns though

Rather Dashing
03-07-2006, 02:54 PM
i dont play covers, but whenever i play their songs, i use my les paul on both pickups and my amp with high treble on clean with a lil bit of gain
or bridge pickup with high-ish bass
it sounds somewhat similar

chuckleheadfunk
03-09-2006, 02:35 PM
i used to think it was stole my money.. but it definetly begins with "p"

its a heroin reference. the next lyric is she mad of with my last clean rig... a needle to shoot up with. he mentions the hottest dope spot in town.
its something about her running off with his heroin.

and s t p is secret tweaker pad.. i'm not sure what drug you're thinking of..

JunctionP
03-11-2006, 10:31 PM
the more i listen to of sublime, the more im convinced that they are the best band ever.

Rather Dashing
03-12-2006, 07:58 PM
amen.

TheFarSuperior
03-14-2006, 01:31 AM
i think they are overrated..but ive been told that i dont know anything

chuckleheadfunk
03-21-2006, 12:28 PM
the part in STP is a heroin reference.. the rest of the lyrics in the verse are about stealing his last clean rig and the hottest secret dope spot in town

sad but true. check out the board on www.skunk.com.. they can answer these questions better

RockThe40oz
03-21-2006, 05:58 PM

http://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/dom02.htm

Zaigonen
03-24-2006, 01:16 PM
His lyrics started to change from being about weed and beer into crack, but whatever insperised him it ****in helped make some dam good music

Adrian_visser
05-05-2006, 10:40 PM
Ever heard of slightly stoopid? they sound alot like sublime, pretty damn good, the guitar might even be better listen to colly man it is a really tight acoustic song. AN' ALL YOU F**KERS WHO HAVE ANYTHING BUT THE UTMOST RESPECT FOR SUBLIME CAN BEND OVER AN KISS YOUR OWN ASSES.

Zaigonen
05-09-2006, 02:20 PM
good call sir

batesyy
10-31-2006, 02:31 AM
I have become a huge fan of late because I was too young to like them before Brad died. But I was wondering how you pronounce Bud's surname.

It's Gaugh.

Is it pronouced
Go

or

Goff
or something else?

420_40.oz
11-04-2006, 10:54 AM
pretty sure its like Bud Gaw

llanafreak44
11-04-2006, 02:56 PM
i like the music, but i dont really like theyre message, Smoke 2 Joints? meh

ashburn
11-28-2006, 11:34 AM
Sublime is AMAZING....No band will ever be able to beat them....EVER.....

Dolphins16
11-28-2006, 07:21 PM
I love Sublime, one of my favorite bands. They are just simply amazing. I cant wait to get the box set.

Musical Meds
01-29-2007, 12:12 AM
Does anyone have any recomendations for sublime albums? Which one should I get first, etc.

pinheadslts75
01-29-2007, 12:18 AM
I wonder if anyone here remembers the flame war me and leftover_crack raged against telex289 in the old only Sublime thread.

original=punk
01-29-2007, 12:29 AM
i love sublime, theyre just....awsomeness.

th-th-th-thats all folks!

highway62
01-31-2007, 01:14 PM
the answers always waiting at the liquor store 40 oz to freedom so i take that walk

mike2
01-31-2007, 08:00 PM
i hate their lyrics...they suck

waterproofpie
01-31-2007, 08:43 PM
I wonder if anyone here remembers the flame war me and leftover_crack raged against telex289 in the old only Sublime thread.

:no:

mike2
02-01-2007, 11:41 AM

it's not in this one?

jimmyjimbo72
02-13-2007, 04:59 AM
I love Sublime! Does anyone know of any UK fans, cos I feel lonely :( :p:

DownInAHole.
02-13-2007, 05:47 PM
I love Sublime, I've been looking for this thread 4ever.

Joe-Fish
02-13-2007, 07:15 PM
I LOVE sublime. Me and a few friends are planning on doing a bunch of their covers live and making a few things up as soon as we find a vocalist.

cusic
02-22-2007, 04:08 PM
I love Sublime! Does anyone know of any UK fans, cos I feel lonely :( :p:

yeah, me lol.

mike2
02-22-2007, 09:54 PM
in the us they are dead to the ska scene cause they are everywhere, if i hear smoke two joints on the ****ing radio one more time....

highway62
03-01-2007, 06:48 PM
My cousin just recently showed me sublime and i bought there "sublime" album and every song i hear i love the more. My latest favorite is "get ready" its so EPIC!!!

highway62
04-09-2007, 10:36 PM
Resergence Motherfuckers!!!!!!!!

Dunivan
04-10-2007, 05:23 PM
i used to think it was stole my money.. but it definetly begins with "p"

its a heroin reference. the next lyric is she mad of with my last clean rig... a needle to shoot up with. he mentions the hottest dope spot in town.
its something about her running off with his heroin.

the lyric is freddie and hes reffering to his stash of heroin

Ex'sAndOh's
04-11-2007, 04:24 AM
"If it wasn't for Date Rape I'd never get laid." :p:

highway62
04-14-2007, 11:07 PM
We sold some mushroom tea
We sold some Ecstacy
We sold nitrous,opium,acid,heroin, and PCP
And now i hear the po-lice coming after me

Epic song. Any song that mentions 7 drugs in a row is an A in my book.

Come on mothher truckers i need some sublime stimulation. Revive this thread

Incesticide
04-15-2007, 05:20 PM
ive been looking for this forever. sublime is defintly one of my favorite bands.
does any1 here like slightly stoopid? there also awesome

highway62
04-15-2007, 05:25 PM
yah i just got slightly stoppid's acousitc album and i definaely like it. wiseman, callyman, this joint, i couldnt get high are a few of my favorites by them.
If you know anyother ones to recoomend please do.

Do you kow any other bands that sound like Sublime>? I have a few pepper songs but i couldnt find many.

Incesticide
04-15-2007, 10:38 PM
ya try ashes and tradewinds by pepper. also the expandebles(sp?) and the beautiful girls(gay name i know) are pretty good.

highway62
04-15-2007, 10:42 PM
okay ill check those out. SO what are some of your favorite sublime songs? A few of mine would be...

Get ready
April 29 1992
Waiting for my ruca
Freeway time in LA county jail
Santeria
Jailhouse
ball and chain
date rape
Greatest hits

haha about 90% of their stuff i like

Incesticide
04-15-2007, 10:45 PM
ya i like those also badfish and pawn shop. waiting for my ruca is awesome.

EDIT
and santeria is fun as hell to play on guitar
and check out officer by slightly stoopid its an awesome song

highway62
04-19-2007, 05:02 PM
today at school i was talking to this poser metal head and he asked me have i ever heard of *insert crappy generic metal band here*. and i said no i only like good music, just joking around with him. And then he asked me what music do i like. And i tell him mostly punk and ska. And then he says "they only play that kind of music at gay bars" I knew hes heard of sublime so i said well you said that you liked sublime and their ska. Then he says No they're not their alternative. Then i said nah sublime is pretty much the definition of 3rd wave ska.

Then i proceeded to call him a floppy nutsack. And then continuted on my way.

cool story huh?

SuperBlob
04-19-2007, 06:02 PM
I've just started listening to them today, so far I LOVE Date Rape. Wrong Way is quite good as well.

highway62
04-20-2007, 09:43 PM
waiting for my ruca, ball and chain, krs1, santeria,greatest hits

are a few other ones for you to try out

SuperBlob
04-21-2007, 09:21 AM
Thanks. Ball and Chain kicks ass. It might have made it's way into my favourite songs list.

highway62
04-21-2007, 11:24 AM
Thanks. Ball and Chain kicks ass. It might have made it's way into my favourite songs list.

yeah id go out and buy 40oz to freedom. It might actually be better than sublime

DownInAHole.
04-21-2007, 11:26 AM
yeah id go out and buy 40oz to freedom. It might actually be better than sublime
Better songs, but Sublime is overall a better album.

highway62
04-21-2007, 11:28 AM
how can that be? If a album has better songs that wouldnt ie be a better album?

DownInAHole.
04-21-2007, 11:29 AM
how can that be? If a album has better songs that wouldnt ie be a better album?
"Sublime" is more consistent. It isn't all over the place.

highway62
04-21-2007, 11:34 AM
yeah i guess so. 40oz does have a few throw away songs.

DownInAHole.
04-21-2007, 11:37 AM
But I love Chica Mi Tipo. Smoke Two Joints is gold too.

highway62
04-21-2007, 11:39 AM
don't push
ball and chain
krs-one
40oz to freedom
date rape
waiting for my ruca
right back
new song

are my favorites from 40oz

DownInAHole.
04-21-2007, 11:43 AM
^Where's "Bad Fish"?!?!?!?

highway62
04-21-2007, 11:50 AM
aww damn your right how could i forget that one. What are some of your favorites on robbin the hood?

saw red
freeway time in l.a. county jail
greatest hits
mary
work that we do

DownInAHole.
04-21-2007, 11:51 AM
Greatest Hits ftw....Saw Red is decent.

I don't like that one as much as the other two.

highway62
04-21-2007, 11:56 AM
yeah robbin the hood was definately not an album for anyone. It has a bunch of just nonsence and whatnot

Siftings
04-21-2007, 06:45 PM
Anybody listened to Eyes Adrift? They had the drummer from Sublime, the bassist from Nirvana, and the guitarist from the Meat Puppets. Released one album back in 2002, twangy folk rock, nothing like Sublime, really.

highway62
04-21-2007, 07:28 PM
nah but ive heard of them. Are they any good?

Siftings
04-21-2007, 07:33 PM
They have some good songs, you should download Alaska and Inquiring Minds. If you like those, you'll probably like the rest

yawn
04-21-2007, 07:40 PM
Same in the End is wicked.

DownInAHole.
04-22-2007, 03:00 PM
Yeah, I love the chorus.

highway62
04-25-2007, 11:37 PM
Why to so many people not consider sublime 3rd wave ska? I mean sure they have some hip hop influences but the majority of their songs are ska/punk. I just dont get it.

Cory Smash
04-26-2007, 10:44 PM

Last week, I was stuck on this song for like two days straight. Love it.

Too bad the singer died. I love his voice.

Downfall929
04-27-2007, 11:57 PM

finally, that song is ****ing crazy thanks for agreeing

BrianApocalypse
04-28-2007, 12:28 AM
We sold some mushroom tea
We sold some Ecstacy
We sold nitrous,opium,acid,heroin, and PCP
And now i hear the po-lice coming after me

Epic song. Any song that mentions 7 drugs in a row is an A in my book.

Come on mothher truckers i need some sublime stimulation. Revive this thread

Jebus!

Everyone knows that the only drug that matters is smack. :no:

latinosuperstud
04-29-2007, 03:34 PM
i played what i got at my schools battle of the bands along with an original

my fav songs:
what i got
santeria
date rape
doin time
wrong way

good tone by the way:
treb- 10
mid-3 ish/8ish depending on your enviroment
bass-6
reverb-4

slight chorus

:peace:

highway62
05-10-2007, 04:18 PM
all of the djs surely taken lessons
start talking trash and ill come with my smith and wesson

best line ever

ultimate_punk
05-13-2007, 08:09 AM
Santeria's melody is just amazing. What I Got is also great. They are such good beach tunes but for some reason i cant listen to them unless its sunny?

Incesticide
05-13-2007, 03:24 PM
ya same with bad fish... such a good beach song

llanafreak44
05-13-2007, 04:09 PM
Good music, hate their message

cvwoert08
05-13-2007, 09:36 PM
Sublime is definitely my favorite band and the biggest influence in the music I make... Mostly because I can relate to Bradley's lyrics so much.

If he hadn't died they would have been superstars.

My favorite songs include...

Badfish
Rivers of Babylon
Doin' Time
Ball and Chain
Santeria

lolmnt
05-13-2007, 09:46 PM
^ all great songs. my favorite song is don't push or slow ride

haveaniceday233
05-21-2007, 08:15 PM
boss dj is the best song on the box set

Incesticide
05-28-2007, 01:50 PM
ya boss dj is a great song.
i like the whole nowell and friends acoustic disc.

Italy's Finest
05-29-2007, 08:51 AM
Boss Dj Acoustic Is ****in Amazing!

DownInAHole.
06-02-2007, 11:22 AM
ya same with bad fish... such a good beach song
It's all good beach music...to me.

the glue man
08-22-2007, 06:45 PM
Good music, hate their message

I never really see a message in their music, except for smoking weed but what's wrong with that? :p: What do you see their message as?

I find it hard to believe they get played on the radio as much as they do, and so many people like them. There's music just like that that most people don't even know of. It's just weird to me, but they're one of my favorite bands.

twiliprincess
08-22-2007, 08:01 PM
???

Isnt your name based on Sublime?? Why are you having a go at me??

No-one has to like Sublime, i just think that those who dont are missing out. But thats only my opinion.

thats my opinion too. u dont have too listen to them but thats your loss. they are more talented than people tihnk they are. :D

twiliprincess
08-22-2007, 08:09 PM
top 5 sublime songs:

1.Badfish
2.Stp
3.Greatest Hits
4.Get Ready
5.Jailhouse

highway62
08-22-2007, 08:18 PM
id save that scarlet begonias and get ready are the greatest smoking songs ever.

Anyone ever seen slightly stoopid concert? i might so see them soon.

pinheadslts75
08-23-2007, 06:14 AM
Man, this thread brings back memories.

highway62
12-02-2007, 01:08 AM
guys sublime is to great of a band to let this thrad to die. YOu punk purist douhce bags cant accept great music thats popular.

dreddy got a job to do,
and we might fulfill his mission
to see his pain would be his greatest ambition
but ah, we will survive in this world of competition
using guns and our ammunition

Incesticide
12-02-2007, 01:13 AM
^missed slightly stoopid when they came to my town :(
doin time is such a great song. i honestly think that if bradley stayed alive sublime would of been as big as Nirvana.

highway62
12-02-2007, 01:51 AM
^missed slightly stoopid when they came to my town :(
doin time is such a great song. i honestly think that if bradley stayed alive sublime would of been as big as Nirvana.

yeah they were definately on their way. As you could call them the nirvana of ska, bringing it to eh mainstreem and such.

And i saw slightly stoopid a few weeks back and it was great. the venue had a no smoking rule though so i couldnt sneak it a lil wacky tabacky.

pinheadslts75
12-02-2007, 03:15 AM
Man, this thread brings back memories.
What I said last time.

And as for the guy calling us punk rock purist douche bags, Sublime are about as punk as the Police are. Only one redeeming album.

mike2
12-02-2007, 04:17 AM
man, leftover crack hasn't been on here for ever...neither has prince....

lolmnt
12-02-2007, 04:30 AM
yeah they were definately on their way. As you could call them the nirvana of ska, bringing it to eh mainstreem and such.

And i saw slightly stoopid a few weeks back and it was great. the venue had a no smoking rule though so i couldnt sneak it a lil wacky tabacky.They got big after Brad died, right? So you never know what would have happened. They album Killin' It (Self titled, re named after Brad died) could have gone no where, and nobody would know them now.

JesusOfSbrbia
12-02-2007, 05:04 AM
Sublime is a really weird band for me. I somehow can't really get into them, even though I love their music.

It might be because every time I'm sitting in a smoke-filled bedroom with a bunch of dumb stoner kids who I don't particularly like, watching them drink whiskey and exchange stories of dumb things they've done while rolling, there's always a Sublime mix CD playing. So whenever I listen to Sublime, I start to smell cigarette smoke and feel like I need to leave whatever room I'm in.

They're one of those bands that completely rules, but whose fans usually drive me god damn crazy.

crustyreed
12-02-2007, 03:35 PM
im gonna post cause im bored. I think there fun, but that 'romeo' song on Misfits of ska BLOWS.

highway62
12-02-2007, 03:58 PM
What I said last time.

And as for the guy calling us punk rock purist douche bags, Sublime are about as punk as the Police are. Only one redeeming album.

nah im not saying that sublime is punk, allthough they obviously had some punk influences. Im just saying that the punk purist cant like anything thats somewhat mainstreem. I hang out with the punk crowd and they all frown upon the nirvanas,pearl jams and such. Theres always exceptions though.

And brad wrote some really great lyrics.

crustyreed
12-02-2007, 06:06 PM
nah im not saying that sublime is punk, allthough they obviously had some punk influences. Im just saying that the punk purist cant like anything thats somewhat mainstreem. I hang out with the punk crowd and they all frown upon the nirvanas,pearl jams and such. Theres always exceptions though.

............................................but nirvana, pearl jam dont sound punk at all. and has for mainstream dont most us like the ramones, clash, sex pistols, damned, buzzcocks?
in conclusion DIY rules

mike2
12-02-2007, 08:04 PM

that is the reason i hate sublime, their lyrics SUCK.

highway62
12-02-2007, 08:41 PM
............................................but nirvana, pearl jam dont sound punk at all. and has for mainstream dont most us like the ramones, clash, sex pistols, damned, buzzcocks?
in conclusion DIY rules

umm guys those bands arent mainstreem. maybe 5/20 people know who they are and 2/20 listen to them.

DIY is ok in moderation.

they might not be you;re deep lennon/dylan/morrison type lyrics but they're still great.

badfish
santeria
waiting for my ruca
april 29,1992

crustyreed
12-02-2007, 09:02 PM
umm guys those bands arent mainstreem. maybe 5/20 people know who they are and 2/20 listen to them.

DIY is ok in moderation.

they might not be you;re deep lennon/dylan/morrison type lyrics but they're still great.

badfish
santeria
waiting for my ruca
april 29,1992

There mainstream.
And If its not DIY dont expect me to pay for it :devil:
unless..... its public enemy.

mike2
12-02-2007, 09:04 PM
no, their lyrics suck.

gopherthegreat
12-02-2007, 09:20 PM
no, their lyrics suck.
when it came out
it went drip drip drip
i didnt know she had the G.I. joe
kung fu grip!

highway62
12-02-2007, 09:29 PM
There mainstream.
And If its not DIY dont expect me to pay for it :devil:
unless..... its public enemy.

it may be mainstream for punk bands not for popular music.

God i love punk but punk fans are so goddamn annoying.

Karlboy
02-01-2008, 09:04 PM
Personally, I think Sublime should be the figure head for ska, not Bedouin Sound Clash, not bashing them or anything, but I definetely prefer Sublime.

vintage x metal
02-09-2008, 07:04 PM
Revival por favor?

It is extremely difficult to find a band with as much soul as Sublime has in their music. It reverberates from the speakers and into my bones whenever I listen to it. very cozy, home-y feeling. Bradley could be my best friend

highway62
02-10-2008, 12:14 AM
i have bought tickets to the revival.

There isnt a sublime song i dont like.....PERIOD.

vintage x metal
02-10-2008, 12:22 AM
i have bought tickets to the revival.

There isnt a sublime song i dont like.....PERIOD.
Word
Even the ones that i disliked at first i now love
Waiting For My Ruca, Jailhouse.. actually, those are some of my favorite now haha

highway62
02-10-2008, 12:27 AM
ive always loved ruca. But some songs take time to grow on me. but i eventually liked every single one of their songs.

Do you ahve the boxset "Everything under the sun" i got it for christmas but i havent uploaded the songs to my itunes yet. It came with a sweet dvd to.

top 5 sublime songs would probally be...

1. DJs
2. get ready
3. cisco kid
4. santeria
5. garden grove

but im sure i left out alot. I doing all this by memory.

vintage x metal
02-10-2008, 12:44 AM
1. Scarlet Begonias
2. Jailhouse
3. Garden Grove
4. Same In The End
5. Saw Red

that was really hard. It'll probably change within the next two days, lol

And I borrowed everything under the sun and had it on my old iPod buttt.. dont have a hold of it now
=[
I like most of the album mixes better though, except for Greatest Hits probably

highway62
02-10-2008, 12:46 AM
**** i forgot about scarlet begonias i love that last line when he rambles off all the drugs

One of the rare times when someone plays the dead better than the dead.

vintage x metal
02-10-2008, 12:58 AM
Seriously. Who knew you could improve upon the Grateful Dead lol
a tight tie-dye dress, she was a psychadelic mess
=]
basically my theme song. minus the mushroom tea, ecstasy, nitrous, opium, acid, heroin, and PCP

highway62
02-10-2008, 01:00 AM
haha thats bascially my themse song to...except PLUS the mushroom tea, ecstasy, nitrous, opium, acid, heroin and pcp.

i stay the hell away from heroin and pcp though.

vintage x metal
02-10-2008, 01:02 AM
good, we dont need another dead musician, lol

Bradley had so much potential; he's easily my favorite vocalist of all times..

highway62
02-10-2008, 01:04 AM
yeah i know its been said a 1000x but hes the kurt cobain of SKA.

His vocals are amazing to. they just ooze with greatness. Whats your favorite album? They're all so great but i would probally have to go......40 oz.

Hell they actually all equally own just as much as the others.

vintage x metal
02-10-2008, 01:08 AM
40 Oz for me as well, although self-titled holds a nice place in my heart
40 oz is just.. sexy and soulful and funky and catchy and psychadelic and fresh all in one. You cant match it.
You have Let's Go Get Stoned with Badfish and Ebin.. all very different styles but flow great together
=]

poochy
03-01-2008, 06:42 PM
Can anyone tell me where I can get a hold of the original version of "Get Out" from 40 oz.?

I've looked all over Limewire, and all I can find is the remix.

Bayonetwork
03-12-2008, 02:45 PM
Anybody else seen Badfish? A tribute band to Sublime. I've seen them twice before and I'm going back on the 25 at the Masquerade in Atlanta. They sound amazing and it's definitely the most fun you will have at a show.

cundinamarca89
03-17-2008, 05:21 PM
bud and eric and i are buddies. :)
i'm from the LBC and my lawyer is neighbors with eric.
i've hung with eric a few times. he's pretty laid back (of course).

vintage x metal
03-24-2008, 10:56 PM
Steppin' Razor is such an underrated song. I've been listening to it a lot lately.

badfish89
03-24-2008, 11:29 PM
sublime covered bobmarley and other greatbands cuz they had the talent to. brad nowell is the grestest frontman that ever lived and there lyrics were true and reflected were they lived and wrote music. i would also say that there very underated and brad was a great guiatrist. i would not even compare kurt cobain to sublime cuz nirvana sucked.

top songs
free way time in the la county jail
pool shark
jailhouse
santeria
badfish

COkain and Abel
03-25-2008, 09:07 PM
hahaha nirvana didnt suck. Even brad looked up to cobain. Hell he justified his heroin use by saing cobain used it and still was able to right great music.

Sublime is great but not as great as nirvana. And neither cobain nor nowell were great guitarist.

badfish89
03-25-2008, 09:24 PM
yea ok eric was a great basssit and bud was a great drummer and brad was awsome. nirvanas bassist suked and so did there drummer kurt cobain songs sucked and all he used was gay power cords and grunge crap. nirvana was alrite but if you really look at them they suk.

COkain and Abel
03-25-2008, 09:30 PM
hahaah mmmmk.

And sublime didnt use nothing but power chords.......

Dave grohl is not a sucky drummer, one of the best of the 90s. And krist was as good as he needed to be and cobains songs didnt suck.

Redman123
03-26-2008, 04:54 PM
why must the good die young

vintage x metal
03-26-2008, 06:05 PM
Let's keep the animosity out, kiddies

Thoughts on Robbin' The Hood?
I like it a lot, but it's my least favorite album of their's. The songs on it are some of the best (Greatest Hits, Saw Red, Steppin Razor, etc), but some of the dub is a bit excessive and makes up the majority of the album
A lot of the riffs/lyrics are reoccuring too

COkain and Abel
03-26-2008, 09:37 PM
Cisco kid....What else does an album need>?

gopherthegreat
03-26-2008, 09:47 PM
yea ok eric was a great basssit and bud was a great drummer and brad was awsome. nirvanas bassist suked and so did there drummer kurt cobain songs sucked and all he used was gay power cords and grunge crap. nirvana was alrite but if you really look at them they suk.
every band thats ever used distortion used a lot of power chords. but im not gonna argue with the other stuff you said because thats subjective and your not right or wrong, because its opinion.

but please, learn to spell the word "suck"

mitchrushton182
03-27-2008, 10:11 PM
i just bought there recent boxed set "everything under the sun" and its really cool if ur a big fan like me. alotta the stuff is really rare or unreleased. and theres a dvd too.

vintage x metal
04-01-2008, 07:28 PM
^ Yeah, I enjoyed the videos and the different takes on favorite songs
=]

COkain and Abel
04-01-2008, 08:13 PM
yeah under the sun is awesome. The audio shiit isnt that good though.

JohnnyBlunders
04-02-2008, 10:35 PM
Stop ****ing saying GAY! Its pisses me off! And Sublime. Like 4 years ago, (i'm only 13) I played the song What I Got on ITUNES like 280 somethin times. I like em, I guess, but I don't listen frequently.

vintage x metal
04-09-2008, 07:52 PM
^ Well, okay.

Album preferences, anyone? My personal favorite is 40 oz. (there really isnt much to choose from) but I know a lot who prefer self-titled

Joe-Fish
04-09-2008, 08:02 PM
I have all their albums, and recently a friend sent me TONS of unreleased recordings.

I love them so much.

Bayonetwork
04-09-2008, 11:10 PM
40 oz. is definitely my favorite. I mean, it has "Right Back", "What Happened?", "Chica Me Tipo", and "Ebin". Glorious.

19Drummer93
04-12-2008, 07:47 PM
Sublime are definitely one of my favorite bands. Brad had a great a voice, and the way he blended Ska into his music was just perfect. Yeah I'd recommend them to anyone.

Best songs:
What I Got
Badfish
April 29th 1992 (Miami)
Santeria
Smoke Two Joints

Man these guys were amazing. RIP Brad

pinheadslts75
04-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Once more I make a periodic stop to say how this thread brings back found memories of a flame war of epic proportions, my ability to spark completely pointless and unwarranted flame wars without ever getting banned, and when UG was fun.

Sublime still sucks and doesn't belong in this forum, by the way. That certainly hasn't changed in 2 years.

SuperBlob
04-13-2008, 07:17 AM
Once more I make a periodic stop to say how this thread brings back found memories of a flame war of epic proportions, my ability to spark completely pointless and unwarranted flame wars without ever getting banned, and when UG was fun.

Sublime still sucks and doesn't belong in this forum, by the way. That certainly hasn't changed in 2 years.
Hey, the p0nx are still fun :sad:

19Drummer93
04-13-2008, 10:17 AM

Can you explain to me how Sublime sucks? I'd like to see you sing or write a song like Brad did. They're talented and they do belong in this forum.

IcePh0enix
04-13-2008, 10:43 AM
I've heard a lot about them and would like to get one of their albums. What should I start with?

vintage x metal
04-14-2008, 07:59 PM
I've heard a lot about them and would like to get one of their albums. What should I start with?
Self-Titled. It's not my favorite but it's a great album and is very put-together compared to the other two, so it's easier to listen to for new fans. If you like it, i'd move on to 40 oz. to Freedom

FrenchyFungus
06-27-2008, 07:10 AM
Can someone explain to me why Sublime aren't in the Punk & Ska recommendation thread, and are in fact listed under "Do not suggest these bands", yet the thread for them is right here?

Just confuses n00bs like me...

DanRev
06-27-2008, 07:23 AM
Can someone explain to me why Sublime aren't in the Punk & Ska recommendation thread, and are in fact listed under "Do not suggest these bands", yet the thread for them is right here?

punk forum = anarchy

NuEmoMetalPunk
06-27-2008, 01:00 PM
Anarchy = Communism

go read a book.

Doin Time is my favorite song atm btw.

neidnarb11890
06-27-2008, 01:24 PM
Anarchy = Communism
fail

MassNerder
06-27-2008, 04:37 PM
goal of anarchism=goal of communism
means of anarchists acheiving their goal=/=a communist's means

DanRev
06-27-2008, 04:55 PM
but punk forum = anarchy, still.

NuEmoMetalPunk
06-27-2008, 06:17 PM
Fine, but Communism and Syndicalism are the same thing.

TheDaftestPunk
06-27-2008, 07:27 PM
Fine, but Communism and Syndicalism are the same thing.

actually, they're different hence the different names, look them up on wikipedia. Youll see that syndicalism isn't a way of achieving an anarchistic society, and has more emphasis on unions, as a basis for society

I hope that came out right :(

NuEmoMetalPunk
06-27-2008, 07:56 PM
Okay, but Anarcho-Communism is stupid and doesnt make any sense. And it was invented buy a guy who didnt understand either ideology.

/rant

So, i really like Robin The Hood. Don't you guys like it?

Ska Wars
06-27-2008, 08:19 PM
Okay, but Anarcho-Communism is stupid and doesnt make any sense. And it was invented buy a guy who didnt understand either ideology.

/rant

So, i really like Robin The Hood. Don't you guys like it?
*Waits for Jawn*

jimmyjimbo72
06-29-2008, 04:04 AM
Sublime **** is hard to find in the UK, bootleg or not, but its pretty easy to just order it on the internet or just download it from you guys in the states though limewire or something (not that i would do such an illegal action).

Ive loved Sublime for about a yeart and a half, not that long i know, but before that i have always been a fan of reggae and some of the reggae influenced ska.

I think that the key to really enjoying sublime however, is to get really high. But i know thats not for everyone. Skunk records are definately holders of some fine bands, but there does seem to be a fine line between being influenced by Sublime and copying Sublime. I usually listen to reggae compulations, the really old school stuff that influenced the man himself( bob marley).

The magic recepy that was sublime seems to be an original yet revelutionary one, but when the same formular is tried to be recreated it is always lacking that secret ingredient, Brad; who unfortunately, is dead.

If someone could leave a link or something to a site were i could order the Sublime CDs, that would be great.

HMV. At the one where I live (in Blackpool) they stock the majority of the albums.

strat999
06-30-2008, 02:03 AM
i think the reason sublime just kicked so much as s was brad. he just brought it all together, old school rap, reggae, ganja, ska, the LBC, punk, and just like how honest he was in his lyrics. If he'd just laid off the dope theyd be the biggest band in the world rite now, like this generations the police.

oh.. and btw im sorry but long beach dub all stars are terrible. just unlistenable compared to sublime. can't believe how something so bad could come out of the greatest band of all time.

KingJustinian25
07-05-2008, 04:52 PM
considering the official myspace of sublime has them as punk/ska/reggea I think they belong here. wtf? And stop hating, they kick ass.

axeslash
07-05-2008, 06:20 PM
considering the official myspace of sublime has them as punk/ska/reggea I think they belong here. wtf? And stop hating, they kick ass.
That's a good point, seeing as how we all use Myspace as a guide for which music to listen to.

JustMimes
07-06-2008, 07:38 PM

Probably because that's a suggestion thread, it's not a guideline for the whole forum. Or at least that is how I read it.. I don't see how someone can argue that NoFX/Sublime/Bad Religion aren't punk. Because, they certainly aren't pop punk a la Ergs, Daggermouth, etc...

KingJustinian25
07-06-2008, 07:46 PM
That's a good point, seeing as how we all use Myspace as a guide for which music to listen to.

Well I think the managers/ record company of Sublime knows what style they are. I don't use it for a guide of what to listen to...

Iluvpowerchords
07-06-2008, 07:47 PM

:haha

JustMimes
07-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Well I think the managers/ record company of Sublime knows what style they are. I don't use it for a guide of what to listen to...

You'd be surprised.

Silverstein's myspace has the title of Emo/Screamo/hardcore.

Aside from the fact that they didn't just write "garbage", they are not one of those things.

Bamlaflamme
08-17-2008, 03:36 PM
You'd be surprised.

Silverstein's myspace has the title of Emo/Screamo/hardcore.

Aside from the fact that they didn't just write "garbage", they are not one of those things.
If that ain't the truth.

One of my all-time favorite bands. I love the energy, lyrics and the music of course. 40 Oz. To Freedom is a masterpiece. Drugs take away a lot of my favorite artists, but this is probably the biggest pain for me, because there is no way Sublime could be Sublime without Bradley.

Ramblin'_Man
08-28-2008, 03:45 PM
^ I totally agree with that, Bradley made sublime, but Long Beach Dub All Stars are amazing too, I have both cds and Long Beach Shortbus and they are all fantastic

mbbmalcolm
08-28-2008, 09:14 PM
Sublime, whether they are punk/ska or not (I don't think they are, but I don't really care that much) suck.