Bruce Springsteen?

PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Springsteen?

Raginscotsman
03-02-2006, 02:56 AM
I didn't know where else a Springsteen thread would go, so I just assumed classic rock.

Anyhow, I really, really love Bruce Springsteen. He's my favourite songwriter of all time, perhaps better than Bob Dylan. Anyone else like the Boss?

knerken
03-02-2006, 08:41 AM
Oooohhh... I love Bruce! One of the most talented lyrics-writer ever! Really love The River song... I can play it on harmonica :D

Calum_Barrow
03-02-2006, 12:30 PM
Springsteen is great. Whether he's better than Dylan or not I won't say, but he certainly is a good songwriter.

JackWhite1988
03-02-2006, 12:30 PM
my favorite classic rock lyricist.

I own all of his albums, my favorite is Darkness on the Edge of Town

Pl3h-B0y
03-02-2006, 12:55 PM
He's amazing
My favourite song by him (for now anyway) must be I'm Goin down
followed by The Rising

China Groove
03-02-2006, 02:06 PM
Thunder Road and Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
are in my opinion, his best songs

Cptbeefheart
03-02-2006, 02:28 PM
Bruce's best songs IMO are Promised Land, Rosalita, Paradise, and Jungleland.

Derigiberble
03-02-2006, 03:15 PM
The Rising is a great song

Love the river and Altlantic City

great singer and songwriter

Oblivious16037
03-02-2006, 05:49 PM
Yeah, I like him. When I was little all my dad listened to was Bruce Springsteen and Jimmy Buffet so I kinda grew up listening to him.

dudus_remanet
03-02-2006, 06:01 PM
The Boss is a great artist, BUT he really should've avoided using bells in a lot of his songs.

TimiHendrix33
03-02-2006, 06:02 PM
I didn't know where else a Springsteen thread would go, so I just assumed classic rock.

Anyhow, I really, really love Bruce Springsteen. He's my favourite songwriter of all time, perhaps better than Bob Dylan. Anyone else like the Boss?

I doubt he's better than Dylan,yet he is easily one of the best.

Angus76
03-02-2006, 08:12 PM
He is very underated, I like him quite a bit.

HendrixEdge
03-02-2006, 08:43 PM
I doubt he's better than Dylan,yet he is easily one of the best.

Well Bruce and Bob are actually quite different in terms of themes and musicality.

Lyrically though along with Cohen they represent the contemporary peak in my opinion and are amongst my reasons for advocating the ?three chords and the truth? school of thought in regards to song writing.

So without further ado I?ll just add that ?Born To Run? and ?The Rising? are my favourite albums by the Boss.

born to run
04-12-2006, 04:26 AM
I love bruce I think he's the best artist ever I think he's the best live artist to my favorite song is backstreets

ClaptonWannabe
05-29-2006, 06:51 PM
The rising was a good album but it's lyrically nowhere near his best.

"I'm Waitin, waitin on a sunny day, gonna chase them clouds away, waitin on a sunny day"

I man come on!

Jungleland is his best song in my eyes. Clarence Clemmons' saxophone solo in that is the most intense I've ever heard. Lyrically it's stunning and musically it's perfect. The only complaint I have maybe is, ironically, the guitar solo!

SomeEvilDude
05-29-2006, 07:10 PM
Was brought up listening to Bruce, love his music so much.

His best album as far as I'm concerned, is The Ghost Of Tom Joad, that album kicks so much ass.

That said, The River is one of the greatest folk rock songs ever written. He's a fantastic songwriter, harmonica player and singer. Unfortunately very much underrated.

ClaptonWannabe
05-29-2006, 07:23 PM
I don't think being underrated is a bad thing. It's made him like a god in my eyes.

If he'd of been popularised then he would have lost his special 'thing' if you get me.

It's late and I'm tired!