The Killers

PDA

View Full Version : The Killers

Pages : 1 [2]

CaptainRon
03-15-2009, 10:21 AM
So pumped I got tickets to the Killers April 26th in Calgary.

Baby Joel
03-15-2009, 05:03 PM
It was a fantastic show, I'm sure you'll love it.

CaptainRon
04-27-2009, 01:48 AM
Just saw them.

Holy fuck.

xI Whitey2k Ix
04-30-2009, 09:24 AM
I'm loving the way this thread started with them being hardly known and now they're like awesomely famous haha =]
I can never get tickets for them, living off college EMA does have its downfalls :@ :( haha

A Rolling Stone
04-30-2009, 07:01 PM
I've actually never heard anything live by the Killers...are they any good live? or are tey purely a studio band?

Cobain_Is_King
05-01-2009, 11:13 AM
I've actually never heard anything live by the Killers...are they any good live? or are tey purely a studio band?
They are phenomenal live, and I'm not just saying that. Their live show is amazing.

weezergeek182
05-01-2009, 01:14 PM
I love the killers. they are a great band.

bede86
05-02-2009, 01:09 PM
best rock band to see live!!!!!

elmo 77
05-02-2009, 04:22 PM
i really like them, although i do think their music of Hot Fuss album is better than their most resent stuff imo, like Mr Brightside or smile like you mean it. very good band though :)

Takuun
05-03-2009, 02:15 AM
I liked Hot Fuss alright, not a huge fan of it. I can only listen to a few songs off of each of the albums. I can't stand the new album. I just get absolutely bored of it. Does nothing to hold my attention.

thefinalstraw2
05-03-2009, 08:47 PM
ugh...the killers well I love Sam's Town and Sawdust. Hot Fuss is a modern classic but the only good songs on Day & age were the first three tracks

29Jeff96
05-04-2009, 03:16 AM
ahh, The Killers.

The band that got me to even want to play guitar.
First song I learned on Guitar: Under The Gun by The Killers, first song I ever learned on Bass: Read My Mind by The Killers... These guys got a good history with me.

I love Hot Fuss and Sam's Town, the New Album has its songs and is overall a really awesome album, just it doesnt jump at me like their first two did. But Their growing and developing and trying new things, which is good, i hate it when people bitch about bands always changing their sound then they turn around and bitch about a band that sounds the same. but anyways, The Killers actually have some really nice guitar riffs, bass lines, and drum lines, and Brandon has a voice that is pretty original.

I know theres not much love for The Killers here, but IMO, these guys are really awesome and one of my favorite bands.

NeonTiger94
05-04-2009, 05:17 AM
Woooh!!! .... The Killers are the main reason i started to play the guitar!!! i luv all albums!
the hardest song for me to learn by them was mr birthside but i find it easy now XD
i luv the way they're always venturing out and trying different things unlike some bands out there now that just keep to the same things. their guitar riffs are cool! and i luv brandons voice so much!!
i luv The Killlers! :D

evilsquirrel
05-04-2009, 06:03 AM
i don't dislike them...they are reasonably good but i'm not gonna be puttin em in my list of favourite bands. more cos its not really my style than there being anything bad about the band.

riti
05-05-2009, 07:36 AM
"Weíve been embraced in Britain in a way that Iíll never understand,Ē he said, ďand itís such a wonderful thing. But over here [in America], people are still so obsessed with Led Zeppelin and Nirvana, those sorts of bands, that nobody else is allowed [to grow]."

Iím tired of it Ö,Ē he said. ďI just want to knock them all off! And people donít like that attitude. Itís almost like they donít believe that itís possible that anybody else can be the real deal.Ē by Brandon Flowers vocal from killers

zchavez09
08-07-2009, 09:41 PM
im thinking of getting more into the killers, and i was wondering which of their albums is the best one so i can buy it and check them out

jimmy_neutron
08-08-2009, 06:53 AM
I quite enjoyed hot fuss, sams town and sawdust were passable, and i would steer well clear of the latest one

steve_muse
08-08-2009, 07:06 AM
^ I wouldn't. It's not as bad as people make it out to be. It grew on me anyway.

Acefire
08-09-2009, 02:10 AM
i really like the killers , hot fuss is my favorite,and of course its usually the one everyone likes,but i really liked sams town also,it was one of those albums you have to listen to a little bit to like it,and then there new album is much more pop,but i still like it i suppose ,but not quite as good as the other two(sawdust was just b-sides and covers it doesnt count)

DollSteak
08-11-2009, 04:08 PM
i actually agree their last album is a lil too pop but i sincerely regret to have missed 'em in their Rome show :(
especially because they were with Franz Ferdinand and white lies >:(

TommUK
08-12-2009, 12:40 PM
I really enjoyed Hot Fuss, liked a few songs from Sam's Town but couldn't really get into it, someone's just let me borrow the new album so we'll see how that goes...

weezergeek182
08-12-2009, 11:31 PM
I like their new record. Hot Fuss is good too. Sams town and sawdust are pretty rough. sams town has a few GREAT songs though.

Tsunoyukami
08-13-2009, 11:39 PM
Admittedly, Hot Fuss was a pretty good album. The majority of songs were actually quite catchy. Unfortunately, the radio and MTV killed Somebody Told Me and Mr. Brightside (as well as nearly every other single ever released).

Sam's Town was, in my opinion, lacking. It had some decent tunes, but they just didn't have the same grab that Hot Fuss. I haven't even heard Day and Age - is it any good? Does it live up to the debut?

Hotpress
08-14-2009, 01:29 PM
Admittedly, Hot Fuss was a pretty good album. The majority of songs were actually quite catchy. Unfortunately, the radio and MTV killed Somebody Told Me and Mr. Brightside (as well as nearly every other single ever released).

Sam's Town was, in my opinion, lacking. It had some decent tunes, but they just didn't have the same grab that Hot Fuss. I haven't even heard Day and Age - is it any good? Does it live up to the debut?

Day and Age dosn't live up to the debut at all, but it's not a bad album! Still some good tracks on it (Losing Touch, Spaceman, A Dustland Fairytale). Its very synthy and poppy in places...

cdm251
09-07-2009, 05:49 PM
well i love them but im not liking the Day and age album as much.
But still think it has some ace tracks

"Come on girls and boys, everyone make some noise!........"

HumanBrightside
05-31-2010, 02:31 PM
The Killers not only produce consistant good songs but they can also perform live which is a rarity these days.

The Killers are the main reason a started playing bass, mainly Jenny Was a Friend of Mine [best bassline I heardin a long time] ALso Tranquilize has an amazing bassline.

I recommend people listen to Replaceable by The Killers, not many people have heard it before, its very guitar driven and Flowers' vocals are Morrissey-esque.

Anyone looking forward to Flowers' solo album? alot of radio stations who have the demo of his album [Flamingo] have said its amazing!

work sucks
05-31-2010, 03:21 PM
...Jenny Was a Friend of Mine [best bassline I heardin a long time]
it's funny you mention that because just the other day, out of nowhere, i realized that that same bassline was stuck in my head. i was like "woah, what the hell?", because i haven't listened to that song in literally five years...

idk why, but i just stopped listening to The Killers. i should look back into them, because they had some really good things goin...

HumanBrightside
06-01-2010, 12:27 PM
That bassline is the key reason why I started playing bass, just the thought of recreating that bassline made me slightly ejaculate, was that too much, an other song with a great bassline is Club Foot by Kasabian, if you like the Jenny Was a Friend of Mine bassline you will like this one too

Club Foot - Kasabian
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOSuObRNBUA

Tranquilize - The Killers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVNGY1pInfI

Tranquilize -

sshayndell12
06-02-2010, 11:26 AM
I like their songs the first couple of times i hear them.

donttellmeabout
05-17-2011, 12:07 AM
i love the killers!! does anybody know anything about their song "oh yeah by the way" what its about and why they never play it live?

Thebiz
05-17-2011, 02:25 AM
Honestly, Hot Fuss is the only album I've truly gotten into by them, but I've liked the other singles I've heard. I used to think they were a British band. Hearing that they're from Vegas made me :confused:

MinterMan22
12-02-2012, 12:18 AM
Thought I'd bring this back from the dead..

I love their new Christmas track.. It's nowhere near as good as A Great Big Sled or Don't Shoot Me Santa but it's pretty cool.

slipknot5678
12-02-2012, 02:34 AM
I haven't heard the new Christmas track.

I'm a bit sad with this band though. Battle Born was incredibly boring in my opinion. They were never that interesting but Hot Fuss was enjoyable, but it just keeps getting worse. I still love Human even with the bad lyrics and generic style. Anything that sounds okay and has a pulsing synth I immediately like. :o

jiminizzle
12-02-2012, 04:47 AM
smile like you mean it is still probably my favorite from them. will have to check the christmas song. Don't shoot me santa was pretty swell.

MH400
12-02-2012, 08:08 AM
Mr Brightside :heart:

MinterMan22
12-02-2012, 02:27 PM
Battle Born is probably my least favourite album of theirs but I'm not gonna deny that I haven't given it much of a chance yet. I felt the same way with Sam's Town, comparing it to Hot Fuss (Change Your Mind is the best you infidels) Eventually though, I started listening to it more and more and now Sam's Town is one of my favourite albums ever. I was surprised at how much people were saying shit like "The Killers are BACK" after Day & Age came out. I never understood why Sam's Town was seen as some deviation for them, it's ****ing awesome.

Also:

http://all-noise.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/thekillersxmassong.jpg (http://all-noise.co.uk/the-killers-christmas-song-i-feel-it-in-my-bones/3226/)

slayer_rule_\m/
09-14-2013, 02:45 PM
I'm a bit late to the game really, always overlooked The Killers. But having listened to them properly for the first time, I quite like em :) I've listened to Hot Fuss, what else is worth giving a listen?

Spanner93
09-14-2013, 07:35 PM
I'm a bit late to the game really, always overlooked The Killers. But having listened to them properly for the first time, I quite like em :) I've listened to Hot Fuss, what else is worth giving a listen?

Sam's Town, Sawdust and the live album at the Albert Hall are all worth listening to. Day and Age and Battle Born are piss poor albums.

3d_jumper
10-13-2013, 07:04 PM
At one point maybe The Killers would be considered Indie/ Alternative; But because of how known they are and they are apart of a label, they can't be considered Indie anymore. As for for alternative I think there more known songs could be considered more Pop-Rock, or something that is not Alternative. Don't get me wrong though, I still like them.

ajsinger10
10-22-2013, 12:35 PM
Ok, so I love The Killers but they shouldn't be considered "Indie" or "Alternative" and the only reason I say this is because their music is more Pop-Rock. Their music is too catchy to be considered Indie/Alternative.

MinterMan22
10-29-2013, 07:31 AM
^keep in mind that this thread was made when sam's town came out...

Dregen
09-02-2014, 08:18 PM
bump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YBa-STClP0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQtXxgAAXEk