The Killers

PDA

View Full Version : The Killers

Pages : [1] 2

ac_indie
03-04-2006, 04:50 AM
I was scanning through the forums and had this idea to start a thread about my favorite band, The Killers. They're new and they're totally amazing! [For all those who don't have the tiniest idea on who they are or unfortunately have not heard of their songs, I highly reccomend them.] Their kind of a mix between modern rock and '80s synth and I tell you the result is fantastic! So feel free to comment on them, praise them, insult them whatever. Your replies will be greatly appreciated [except if their disturbing, then you'll just get banned for that].

So peace to you all and more power! :dance:

ghettohippygrrl
03-04-2006, 05:03 AM
I like indie rock but... I just don't like them. Oh well!

im_atheist
03-04-2006, 05:07 AM
they got their name from the Iron Maiden album "The Killers" and Steve Harris helped produce them.... not many people know that

samlynch
03-04-2006, 05:11 AM
I like them, their not really 'guitar' music though

Pure_Morning
03-04-2006, 05:13 AM
they got their name from the Iron Maiden album "The Killers" and Steve Harris helped produce them.... not many people know that

No, they got it from a New Order video :peace:

The Killers are one of my favourite bands but I have to admit they aren't that original soundwise, but Dave Keuning is a great guitarist.

thegenerator
03-04-2006, 09:01 AM
I hate how these modern pop/synth/new-wave bands like the Killers, Kaiser Chiefs and most of the new British scene (Editors, Departure etc.) are classed as so independent.

Wow, they're so amazing! They're also cut/pasting Joy Division and The Cure.

rogue.orchid
03-04-2006, 09:42 AM
I hate how these modern pop/synth/new-wave bands like the Killers, Kaiser Chiefs and most of the new British scene (Editors, Departure etc.) are classed as so independent.

i think the goal is to take one idea and add another level on top of it.... if you listen closely enough to full albums you should realise that bands dont directly rip off another....

oh wait you must be one of the "post-2000 music is so 'un-cool' and im not even going to try to like it" classic rock dudes...

jallas
03-04-2006, 10:00 AM
they're not that new are they? been around at least one year, 'cause I remember seeing them on the OC

*cough*

but anyway, IMO the album is listenable... but grows thin after a few listens. I'tsnot the kinda thing I can lsiten to over and over and over, but one or two songs every so often is good.

Manzo
03-04-2006, 10:02 AM
I got their album as a gift a little while ago. I didn't like it so I tried to give it away, but no-one wanted it :mad:

Zevious Zoquis
03-04-2006, 10:19 AM
Can't say I like them much at all really. I saw them on ACL (think that's where it was anyway) and didn't think they were particularly interesting. The singer has some pretty annoying mannerisms too...

ac_indie
03-04-2006, 10:46 PM
oh well, you can't please everyone.

IsThereLoveInSp
03-04-2006, 11:02 PM
Theyre pretty fun live

rogue.orchid
03-05-2006, 04:26 AM
there the singer does weird things like tap his breast with his hand while singing "gotta gotta be down..."

Abe
03-05-2006, 06:45 AM
[SIZE=2][For all those who don't have the tiniest idea on who they are or unfortunately have not heard of their songs, I highly reccomend them.]

Thats absolutely nobody. I think The Killers are one of those bands that over the last year and a half absoluetly everybody has heard.

I've got the album, and it's alright. The singles are good, but as somebody said the other songs do seem to wear thin rather quickly.

Mr Brightside is great though.

JET116
03-05-2006, 09:11 PM
fun band but not indie...they were all over MTV. they have a huge label...theyre actually pretty old....

Bmm386
03-05-2006, 11:09 PM
I like their songs the first couple of times i hear them.

Radio seriously killed, raped, burned, and ate Mr. Brightside.

thegenerator
03-05-2006, 11:42 PM
i think the goal is to take one idea and add another level on top of it.... if you listen closely enough to full albums you should realise that bands dont directly rip off another....

oh wait you must be one of the "post-2000 music is so 'un-cool' and im not even going to try to like it" classic rock dudes...

1. There's hardly any ideas being put on top of the bands The Editors take from, for example. It's carbon-copying with a different vocalist; same reverb-soaked guitar, Fender P-bass and two-sticks-on-the-hat drums.

2. No, 90% of the music I own is from post-2000. There's a difference between good modern music and directly copying the 70s/80s/whoever's in vogue.

New wave was crap the first time, let it die already.

terrencemaddox
03-06-2006, 12:23 AM
I like them, their not really 'guitar' music though
It depends on what you mean by "guitar music." Its not all about the guitar but there is some excellent playing going on.

pumpkins_rule
03-06-2006, 03:51 PM
They suck. They're just a bad New Order rehash.

angelicus
03-06-2006, 04:43 PM
I don't really listen to much indie music, but 'the killers hot fuss' album is quality. ''Somebody told me'' got me for weeks.

fiona23
03-06-2006, 04:48 PM
theyre not new at all, i used to like em ages ago but after mr brightside got famous and i heard it about 10000000X i got bored and realised the rest of the album is pretty much the same, havent listened to them for ages though, i may like them all over again

tezhall
03-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Everything....will be alright, everything....will be alright....

:(

Used to really like the Killers till some cowbag gave them horrific mental associations. I gave it away to work to use as hold music.

rogue.orchid
03-07-2006, 08:44 AM
1. There's hardly any ideas being put on top of the bands The Editors take from, for example. It's carbon-copying with a different vocalist; same reverb-soaked guitar, Fender P-bass and two-sticks-on-the-hat drums.

2. No, 90% of the music I own is from post-2000. There's a difference between good modern music and directly copying the 70s/80s/whoever's in vogue.

New wave was crap the first time, let it die already.

ok then, what of your post-2000 cds do you own that are completely original (barr Radiohead)

ac_indie
03-08-2006, 06:10 AM
Thats absolutely nobody. I think The Killers are one of those bands that over the last year and a half absoluetly everybody has heard.

I've got the album, and it's alright. The singles are good, but as somebody said the other songs do seem to wear thin rather quickly.

Mr Brightside is great though.

Yeah well where i'm from only 1/100000000 of the population has heard of them. Not a really BIG number

tezhall
03-08-2006, 12:32 PM
A bloke in the pub last night said to me....have you heard that new song....I got soul but I'm not a soldier....

I told him yeah, about 2 years ago when I got the album. He was gutted :haha

Burpin'Worm
03-08-2006, 02:00 PM
I got the album ages ago, listened to it and shoved it in a pile. I came across it the other day and had a listen and quite enjoyed it. The singles have been played to death on TV and radio but I still quite liked the album. The first song whatever it's called was probably my favourite, I much prefer them to Kaiser Chiefs and a lot of the other bands around at the moment.

*Shoves back in pile to find again in a few years*

Rodders
03-09-2006, 01:49 PM
I think they have a lot of potential, and some of the stuff on the album is good. The first half is great, as is Glamorous Indie Rock and Roll, but the rest is just filler.

thegenerator
03-09-2006, 09:45 PM
ok then, what of your post-2000 cds do you own that are completely original (barr Radiohead)

I didnt say they had to be completely original. Using new ideas in CONJUNCTION with old ideas is good. Just recycling the old ideas, as was my point, is not good.

How much more simpler do I need to make it? Sheesh.

answer: Stephen Malkmus' Face The Truth, the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion's Acme and Pretty Girls Make Graves' new one (Elan Vital) are three examples, I'm sure many more exist.

Ababil_Albarn
03-10-2006, 02:17 AM
Hells no! They got it from a new order video, "Crystal" where the bass drum of the mock band was labeled "The Killers"!

starsnostars
03-10-2006, 02:28 AM
hahaha

oh man

ac_indie
03-10-2006, 06:58 AM
Yeah, we get it. They got their name from the new order video! case closed.

l337_h4x0r5
03-31-2006, 12:44 AM
does it matter where they got the name from....
All the songs after the first five are not even worth listening to after the first time...all the other ones are great...

starsnostars
03-31-2006, 02:24 AM
...if you're deaf

tezhall
03-31-2006, 07:40 AM
apparently they got their name from a New Order video.

:p:

ac_indie
03-31-2006, 09:18 PM
right ok

R0CKER1220
03-31-2006, 09:22 PM
i like them, i'm just wondering wtf the numbers in the video for "All of these things that i have done" are for. . .at random parts of the video, the chicks just hold up signs with numbers on them :wtf:

ac_indie
03-31-2006, 10:18 PM
i like them, i'm just wondering wtf the numbers in the video for "All of these things that i have done" are for. . .at random parts of the video, the chicks just hold up signs with numbers on them :wtf:

To satisfy your curiosity, I found an answer... I got this from their message board/ forum on their site:

In the ATTID US video the numbers signify the right order for the video, because it's all out of synch (like Pulp Fiction).

Don't know exactly what that means but wish I coulda helped.

Burpin'Worm
04-01-2006, 10:32 AM
To satisfy your curiosity, I found an answer... I got this from their message board/ forum on their site:

In the ATTID US video the numbers signify the right order for the video, because it's all out of synch (like Pulp Fiction).

I can't remember the video but from that I'd presume it's not in chronological order and that the numbers show the order it should happen in. Maybe :p:

R0CKER1220
04-01-2006, 07:03 PM

yea that helped, now i just have to record it and reorder it. . .

ultimate guns
04-04-2006, 01:06 PM
indie music is ok i got the killers album and smile like you mean it is the best song, but they were awful at live 8

jallas
04-04-2006, 01:12 PM
I didn't think they were too bad actually, and they should have got more time than jsut one song on it, seen as at the time they were pretty darn popular.

Burpin'Worm
04-04-2006, 01:17 PM
I thought they were better than a lot of people at Live 8. If I remember rightly they had a choir that you couldn't hear very well but they were ok.

ultimate guns
04-04-2006, 01:30 PM
should have performed a different song

Burpin'Worm
04-04-2006, 02:18 PM
Meh, they played All These Things That I've Done I think. It was a single and popular so...

I would've liked to have seen them play Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine, but since it wasn't a single they were never likely to play it. If they'd been given a two song or even three slot they might've.

Mr. Grunge
04-04-2006, 04:17 PM
I'm not a killers fan, but some of their songs I can stand.

timtw
04-04-2006, 04:56 PM
I recently read the Great Gatsby, and one of the character says

"Its too hot to fuss"

Not that I'd begrudge them, but do you think their album title is inspired by that line? I know its a bit of a stretch but I just love the line.

Oh yeah, has anyone heard the David Bowie song "Queen Bitch". Lyrically, Mr. Brightside is very similar. Read the lyrics and compare it yourself.

duncang
04-04-2006, 04:57 PM
I am so very bored of The Killers. So very borrrrreeed.....

Guitarist132
04-04-2006, 06:48 PM
Meh they're ehhhhh

ac_indie
04-04-2006, 08:08 PM
I recently read the Great Gatsby, and one of the character says

"Its too hot to fuss"

Not that I'd begrudge them, but do you think their album title is inspired by that line? I know its a bit of a stretch but I just love the line.

Oh yeah, has anyone heard the David Bowie song "Queen Bitch". Lyrically, Mr. Brightside is very similar. Read the lyrics and compare it yourself.

Yeah, I noticed that part about David Bowie's 'Queen Bitch'. David Bowie's actually an inspiration for The Killers so I guess that explains it.

NoLeafMetal
04-05-2006, 02:27 PM
I have only heard "Mr Brightside" so I'm not exactly an authority on the Killers, but I tell you, that song is the ultimate teen song ever, with "In Bloom" at second place.

ac_indie
04-05-2006, 08:32 PM
I thought simple plan was teen song-ish.

PinkIsCool
04-06-2006, 06:38 PM
The Killers are one of my absolute favorite bands. And they have been around for a while, about two years actually. Believe Me Natalie makes me cry every time I listen to it (Call me a pansy) and All These Things That I've Done is one of the best songs I've ever heard. I love the part with the black choir singing "I've got soul but I'm not a soldier!". I hope they come out with a new album soon, but I haven't heard anything.

partyxmassacrex
04-06-2006, 07:23 PM
the killers suck so much it aint even funny. They have sold themselves out and now just plain su :gun: ck. just like green day. kthnxbai :finger:

bballkvn
04-06-2006, 11:31 PM
the killers suck so much it aint even funny. They have sold themselves out and now just plain su :gun: ck. just like green day. kthnxbai :finger:

how did they sell out? your an idiot..

their good. the songs on the record are even better than the ones released as singles.

franz.d.
04-07-2006, 09:44 AM
Aww i love the killers. Brandon Flowers kiks-ass.
Sorry dudes but i think they rawk...

franzxxx

sphinx_guy
04-09-2006, 02:42 AM
I may be one of the only people on this thread, but I really love their music. I don't personally think that the music wears thin quickly, it hasn't on me at least.

ultimate guns
04-09-2006, 05:12 AM
they are ok but i think there is better music

leaping badger
04-09-2006, 05:19 AM
I quite like the album, there are a few rubbish tracks, but overall it's good, haven't listened to it in a while though.

Burpin'Worm
04-09-2006, 11:21 AM
The Killers are one of my absolute favorite bands. And they have been around for a while, about two years actually. Believe Me Natalie makes me cry every time I listen to it (Call me a pansy) and All These Things That I've Done is one of the best songs I've ever heard. I love the part with the black choir singing "I've got soul but I'm not a soldier!". I hope they come out with a new album soon, but I haven't heard anything.
I read this morning that they're working on the new album. It was just one line in the Sunday Times so I don't know how far along they are.

ultimate guns
04-12-2006, 09:16 AM
probably wont be out until summertime, but i havent heard much from them lately

ac_indie
04-14-2006, 12:34 AM
Their new album will be about (they say) ii autumn. Gotta say, I'm excited about it.

I<3MyGuitar
04-17-2006, 03:34 PM
♪Smile like you mean it.....♪
:) I love the killers :)

fitzyboy
04-19-2006, 10:21 AM
they are ok but when i saw them live they were so boring

ac_indie
04-24-2006, 03:18 AM
Really? Someone posted earlier, they were fun live. Oh well, different minds, different opinions.

Tony_26
04-26-2006, 02:48 AM
They are so bad. The leader singer can't sing. The gutiar melodies are cool though

ohdarn323
04-26-2006, 10:18 AM
I love their music. Some of their stuff gets old pretty fast, but they have some great tunes. A few friends and I are doing Mr. Brightside for a friend's graduation party; I can't wait.

ac_indie
04-30-2006, 08:52 PM
Strong words, strong words.

lithium500
05-01-2006, 01:14 AM
The Killers are NOT indie...and never will be
They are Pop Punk/Emo

Geek_Aus
05-01-2006, 03:09 AM
I don't mind them. I have their album, but I've gotten kind of sick of it so i don't listen to it anymore. But I think their best songs are Mr Brightside, Somebody Told Me and All These Things That I've Done.

Geek_Aus
05-01-2006, 03:10 AM
lithium500, no way are they emo. No way.

GNR-4-Ever
05-01-2006, 05:35 AM
They're okay...Kinda monotone voice.

But dam that "Mr. Brightside"....that thing will get lodged into your head like gonorrhea. Too catchy for its own good!

They are Pop Punk/Emo

Stfu. Kill yourself.

supahfly200
05-01-2006, 04:21 PM
Why are people calling any kind of music indie?
I was reading Cobains biography (and I think Cross would know what hes talking about) and he called Nirvana an indie act before they broke out aswell as all the other underground bands in Seattle. I allways thought indie ment underground or somthing.

So can anyone clarify to me why people are calling bands like Death Cab For Cutie, Postal Service, and Killers indie? I allways figured it was some iddiot who wanted a cool name for their music so they stole the word. :no:

ohdarn323
05-01-2006, 09:04 PM
I think their best is either All These Things or Jenny. Jenny is a great track.

NoLeafMetal
05-12-2006, 05:18 PM
I thought simple plan was teen song-ish.

I didn't mean teen-songish, I meant that the song gives a teenager feeling/atmosphere. Simple Plan try to sing to teenagers as a target; the Killers and Nirvana don't (didn't).

mattlock
05-14-2006, 12:16 AM
They are Pop Punk/Emo
They're not indie. They're alternative, though.

I'm sure you either don't know the definition of emo/pop-punk, or just have never heard anything by the Killers, and maybe just looked at a picture and assumed that they were pop-punk because... I don't know. I guess I just don't understand the ignorant mind.

;)

I think they're alright. Catchy, and have a few good songs, but they got old REALLY fast.

ac_indie
05-20-2006, 06:38 PM
Moderation is key.

Craigster
05-20-2006, 07:04 PM
They are good to dance too

WhiteStripesIII
05-21-2006, 07:19 AM

No they didn't, the killers got there name from some fictional band in a new order video.

Hot fuss is a great album, the best song by far is On Top.

WhiteStripesIII
05-21-2006, 07:20 AM
They are Pop Punk/Emo

The killers aren't Emo, and they are indie, the definition of indie is a band with a n indepentant record label

ac_indie
05-22-2006, 06:10 PM
Alrighty then, they aren't emo. I don't know why anyone would even think that. Just because the lead singer wears eyeliner doesn't mean their emo. And I think they aren't indie because they are larger than life but they definitely are alternative.

starsnostars
05-23-2006, 05:23 AM
The killers aren't Emo, and they are indie, the definition of indie is a band with a n indepentant record label

u2 is signed to the same label as the killers

ac_indie
05-24-2006, 05:08 PM
Uhhmmm does anybody realize that this forum is indie slash alternative?

starsnostars
05-24-2006, 10:18 PM
alternative is more broad than indie

ac_indie
05-26-2006, 04:56 PM
Yeah, so a band can be in this forum doesn't have to be indie but has to be alternative. Ergo, The Killers. Honestly, I'm sick and tired of people saying they have to be indie to be here.

Benny989
06-16-2006, 04:56 PM
Yeah, so a band can be in this forum doesn't have to be indie but has to be alternative. Ergo, The Killers. Honestly, I'm sick and tired of people saying they have to be indie to be here.

:cheers:

mrFood
06-16-2006, 05:58 PM
I don't like them that much. They always seemed like a crappier version of The Bravery to me.

public_witness
06-16-2006, 10:03 PM
The Killers aren't alternitive, they're untalented, studio made MTV "musicians". Just because you're british doesn't mean you should be able to make the same drowsy song over and over again.
I'M NOT THE ONLY PERSON HERE THAT ISNT RETARDEDheart :heart:heart :heart:heart :heart:heart :heart:heart :heart:

YAY_FOR_PIE
06-18-2006, 08:41 PM
I don't like them.

Cal UK
06-20-2006, 02:04 AM
They're pretty good I used to be really into them but I'm not too fussed about them now, but I will have a listen now and again.

s0nofabe4ch
06-21-2006, 07:14 AM
I really hate Mr. Brightside.

untitled039
06-21-2006, 04:19 PM
I think the Killers are ok but I don't like them that much. There's only 2 songs i like and they're Somebody Told Me and Mr Brightside

ac_indie
06-26-2006, 09:36 PM
The Killers aren't alternitive, they're untalented, studio made MTV "musicians". Just because you're british doesn't mean you should be able to make the same drowsy song over and over again.
They aren't even british

j0nmcc
08-06-2006, 12:35 AM
I give you...

The Killers meet Kings Of Leon.

http://myspace-213.vo.llnwd.net/00929/31/28/929988213_l.jpg

Btw, the new killers song is rubbish.

hyper angel
08-09-2006, 02:01 PM
They're pretty good I used to be really into them but I'm not too fussed about them now, but I will have a listen now and again.

same ere. does anyone know if they're gonna bring out a new album?

Sick_Boy
08-10-2006, 04:18 PM
I like them, I think they produce some good music and I really don't care if they're popular or not. I'm looking forward to their new cd as it will sound more American than their first which could be interesting.

ac_indie
08-10-2006, 07:37 PM
Yeah, the new album will be released in october. It's called Sam's Town. There's actually a single out right now. Have a listen at islandrecords.com.

j0nmcc
08-10-2006, 07:45 PM
i wouldnt bother...its not very good.

RHCPhysco8
08-10-2006, 10:17 PM
I'm not impressed by the new song.

j0nmcc
08-11-2006, 06:34 AM
I hate to say it about the killers, cos i used to really enjoy their debut album...but lookin back it theres only like 4 good songs on it. :/

ac_indie
08-16-2006, 05:46 PM
I'm not impressed by the new song.

They changed their style a little bit so the new song seems different. But it's still on the billboard top modern rock songs...

rich_duran2
08-23-2006, 09:08 AM

There not British *(&%()* there from Vegas.....USA

iamjosh
08-23-2006, 10:58 AM
you guys are idiots...
alot of you hate the killers just because "Mr. Brightside" was a pop radio hit. Guess what... indie radio was playing "Somebody Told Me", "Mr. Brightside" and "Smile Like You Mean It" before the pop world knew who the **** they even were. I'm personally gonna be happy for their success, and not bash them for it. They're a good band (kinda silly at some times, ex: "I got soul but I'm not a soldier"). I really like "Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine", "Smile Like You Mean It" and "Under The Gun", these are fantastic songs.

pocallaghan2002
08-23-2006, 02:08 PM
Just cant stand them. Totally overrated. And the lead singer is a fruitcake

bobjewell87
08-23-2006, 02:22 PM
their new song is so very very silly and cheesey

rich_duran2
09-05-2006, 04:10 PM
There first album sounds like DURAN DURAN. What do you think???

slinks
09-05-2006, 04:13 PM
I was pretty surprised how enjoyable I found their new single, as cheesey as it may be.

pumpkins_rule
09-05-2006, 07:59 PM
I was pretty surprised how enjoyable I found their new single, as cheesey as it may be.

Well it wouldn't be that bad except it sounds EXACTLY like Disentegration era The Cure. I was so pissed off when I heard the synths and the way they were layered. Then I though HOLY CRAP HE SOUNDS A BIT LIKE ROBERT SMITH TOO!!! Of course the teenage girls who like them haven't even heard of The Cure and will most likely flock to HMV to buy the new record. What a sad, sad world we live in.

trev_smith12
09-06-2006, 12:52 AM
^ More like a Springsteen ripoff. Though I do see a Disentegration influence in the synth line. I've got to say though, I'm really liking this track.

Oh, and pumkins_rule, nice sig. Wu-Tang is too good.

muse-ic
09-07-2006, 08:07 AM
not bad but i prefer the kooks or arctic monkeys

franz.d.
09-07-2006, 04:03 PM
I think the Killers are fantastic.
Dont care what you guys say.
The new single is weird............."he doesnt look a bit like jesus"
WTF is that about? But anyways..
Its still great. Brandon Flowers is a great musician.
Despite the stupid name..

Abe
09-08-2006, 02:19 PM
Their new song surprised me actually. I had them down as one of the 'one half-decent album' bands that we see a fair few of. I figured whatever they did next would be crap, but When You Were Young is great, like it a lot.

Rodders
09-09-2006, 10:53 AM
I like the new song, not at first...took a few listens to really get into it but now I love it. Great.

ac_indie
09-16-2006, 01:44 PM
it takes getting used to

leaping badger
09-17-2006, 05:37 AM
i really like the new song, it could get annoying though, so much airplay.

frodoisdead
09-17-2006, 07:13 AM
^^i agree, the amount of airplay it gets is going to generate serious anger.

Guitarist132
09-17-2006, 09:39 PM
It didnt start playing till like 1:30....is that normal?

I thought it was ok...

ac_indie
10-02-2006, 09:55 PM
the new album drops tomorrow!

leaping badger
10-03-2006, 12:15 PM
got the new album, pretty awesome :D

MattWalsh
10-03-2006, 03:07 PM
People that say the killers are rubbish just go away no one wants to hear you bitch GET LOST!

Got new Album which is great and possibly better than Hot Fuss ROCK ON KILLERS!

jallas
10-04-2006, 10:38 AM
I bought Sam's Town yesterday. I really like it. It > Hot Fuss

ac_indie
10-04-2006, 07:11 PM
I asked my friend to pick it up for me...can't wait!!!

ac_indie
10-07-2006, 07:41 PM
i just got mine! i got to say, it's very different from hot fuss.

robbie
10-08-2006, 05:20 PM
Its progressed from Hot Fuss while still being good. I was dreading them going a bit shit with their second album, but they didn't. I like Sam's Town, its a great album.

Abe
10-09-2006, 10:58 AM
Hmm, they've got two massive threads on the go at the minute. Not into what I've heard off Sams Town as of yet, it just seems less addictive than Hot Fuss.

rleungz
10-09-2006, 10:59 AM
I can't enough of it. I brought it along with Muse's new album.
It get my thumbs up.

ac_indie
10-09-2006, 07:50 PM
the more and more i listen to it, the more i appreciate it.

FenderKid87
10-12-2006, 10:19 PM
Not really a fan. The singer doesn't really sing, he just talks louder.

robbie
10-13-2006, 10:44 AM
Before I saw them live at Leeds 2005, I watched some live videos, and his voice was really pretty poor. But then live it was really good. Just goes to show, live videos aren't always right.

Burpin'Worm
10-13-2006, 03:32 PM
I don't really see why people criticise his voice, I like it a lot, although I've never seen him live. Oh well.

I like When You Were Young, may pick up the new album, not sure at the moment.

Buddha_Belly
10-13-2006, 10:50 PM
I pretty much love Sam's Town. I find actually more addictive then Hot fuss. I like Bling, For reason's unkown and Read my mind.

ac_indie
10-19-2006, 07:53 PM
the river is wild is one of the best songs

zesty spikey
10-25-2006, 02:19 PM
yeah i like the killers, dont know whether i should buy the new album though, is it any good? i like the single.

ac_indie
10-25-2006, 03:20 PM
yeah you should...show your patriotism. no really, it's a good album.

bobby_zman
10-25-2006, 11:45 PM
Their new album was playing in a cd shop i was at yesterday, and i have to say it sounded alright. Something just seems a bit fake about them to me.

I don't mind them too much, but i think i've been turned off by what a dickhead the lead singer (brandon flowers?) is meant to be. Are there any particular things that got him that reputation?

gerowd
10-26-2006, 12:44 AM
although sams town is good, still think hot fuss > sams town

2090splayer
10-26-2006, 05:46 PM
Its a good album, but i'm not really a fan of the enterlude exitlude thing.

Wasted Resource
10-26-2006, 05:58 PM
Why are people calling any kind of music indie?
I was reading Cobains biography (and I think Cross would know what hes talking about) and he called Nirvana an indie act before they broke out aswell as all the other underground bands in Seattle. I allways thought indie ment underground or somthing.

So can anyone clarify to me why people are calling bands like Death Cab For Cutie, Postal Service, and Killers indie? I allways figured it was some iddiot who wanted a cool name for their music so they stole the word. :no:

Right on.

Indie = bands recording for an independent record label. A lot of alternative bands started out as "indie" bands. A lot of people are idiots when it comes to placing artists into musical categories. The word "alternative" is sort of uncool and dated now, so people who do not know their ass from their elbow now call alternative bands, indie bands. Whatever. Doesn't really matter.

So to answer your question. They call these mainstream bands indie, because they do not understand. Some of them started out indie, some of them still are. Turns out most people just like to use "cool" words, and they could care less to actually think about what they are saying.

ac_indie
10-28-2006, 01:43 PM
^good job. that should shut some haters up.

STRAT811
10-29-2006, 08:58 PM
I kinda go back and forth with these guys. I first heard them, and liked it so I bought Hot Fuss. It got old pretty quick, and then I joined the "They're just ripping off (insert 80's new wave band here)" crowd. I now like 'em, and notice the subtleties that make them stand out.

KinG KahN
10-29-2006, 08:58 PM
Bones is a good single

ac_indie
10-29-2006, 10:19 PM
^ it does have a weird video though

FaceTheBass
11-08-2006, 01:23 PM
Haha, I love that video.

Benny989
11-08-2006, 09:50 PM
its a good song, but im not digging the video

Abe
11-09-2006, 08:58 AM
^^Naa, it's a good video, but I'm not digging the song. The chorus is awful.

Don't you wanna come with me
Don't you wanna feel my bones
On your bones
It's only natural

I swear the only songs I've heard off of Sams Town that I actually like are When You Were Young, that song is awesome, and then I half liked Uncle Johnny, haven't heard the whole thing yet, but I think I'll be sticking to Hot Fuss when I want to hear some Killers.

Burpin'Worm
11-09-2006, 10:23 AM
^^Naa, it's a good video, but I'm not digging the song. The chorus is awful.
Aye, they have some pretty wank lyrics. At first I really didn't like the song but it's grown on me a bit. The video's pretty good, although it's just standard Tim Burton.

ac_indie
11-19-2006, 11:35 PM
it's pretty crazy

Jonnybin123
11-26-2006, 11:13 PM
Alright, to clarify, the Killers are, IMO, amazing. They are not "emo" not because of the eye-liner, but because they don't write emo (early to mid ninties underground scene) music. I'm gonna be honest, I was a little reluctant to be caught with Hot Fuss on my iPod but I gotta say, I love the new album, it's a lot less poppy. Actually has some pretty good guitar playing on it. Also, I saw them live and I thought they were amazing, the sound quality is amazing and they can truely play their own intruments. They sounded better than the album.

Burpin'Worm
11-27-2006, 04:13 PM
They played Jools Holland's show on Friday and were canny, I saw them do Bones and When You Were Young, missed the middle though so I don't know if they did a third. I was fairly impressed after the criticism I'd seen in here about them live, the band played well and his voice was strong.

I don't know if it's just me but Brandon seems really awkward live, his mannerisms look uncomfortable, as though he's tense or doesn't really know what to do.

Guitarist132
11-27-2006, 05:47 PM
hot fuss > sams town

Cadd99
07-09-2007, 01:53 PM
I think Sam's Town and Hot Fuss are just as good as one another.

Sam's Town is more anthematic and huge-sounding while Hot Fuss is more electronic/indie sounding. I think both CD's are perfect.

Kennethd
07-09-2007, 09:12 PM
Radio seriously killed, raped, burned, and ate Mr. Brightside.

even though mr. brightside was _____^______ it's an awsome song and i sneak a listen or two a day.

Abe
07-10-2007, 06:25 AM
Aye, even the chavs like MR Brightside haha.

I saw The Killers live at Rock Werchter last week. They were good, but the choice of songs was a bit too Sam's Town heavy, and the crowd interaction was pretty poor, but they played their songs well and made me jump around a little bit.

So they get a polite round of applause :golfclap:

NightEmbers
11-05-2007, 12:44 AM
For Reasons Unknown
This River is wild
Why do I Keep Counting

not singles but VERY GOOD songs and my personal favorites until the new album drops

RHCP94
11-05-2007, 08:15 AM
Did anyone hear anything off of "Sawdust"? I heard "Traquilize" features Lou Reed, and is supposed to be very good.

bah humbug
11-05-2007, 01:00 PM
It has a cover of Shadowplay

JJW319
11-05-2007, 01:51 PM
one of my fav Killers songs is Read My Mind. such a great jam. nice solo too

European Son
11-05-2007, 02:29 PM
The Killers have one or two killer songs (no pun intended), but overall they're just really mediocre in my opinion.

tranqd killer
11-06-2007, 04:22 PM
Did anyone hear anything off of "Sawdust"? I heard "Traquilize" features Lou Reed, and is supposed to be very good.

its not got many new songs except from tranquilize and shadowplay and romeo and juliet (dire straits cover)

its mostly just unreleased songs.

i pre-orderd it on saturday!!!

tehy are a great band, but i think they seem to be going down the emo route a little bit hopefully they wont stay that way. the only song i dont like is believe me natalie...

RHCP94
11-06-2007, 04:24 PM
its not got many new songs except from tranquilize and shadowplay and romeo and juliet (dire straits cover)

its mostly just unreleased songs.

i pre-orderd it on saturday!!!

tehy are a great band, but i think they seem to be going down the emo route a little bit hopefully they wont stay that way. the only song i dont like is believe me natalie...
Emo route? I haven't heard a single song that would hint that.

bah humbug
11-06-2007, 06:43 PM
Emo route? I haven't heard a single song that would hint that.
he obviously is talking out of his ass..

WyldeGibsonPlyr
11-06-2007, 11:07 PM
I don't think I really care for The Killers.

RHCP94
11-06-2007, 11:12 PM
I don't think I really care for The Killers.
The Killers really don't care for WyldeGibsonPlyr.

WyldeGibsonPlyr
11-06-2007, 11:27 PM
The Killers really don't care for WyldeGibsonPlyr.

Oh yeah? Well I don't really care for your mothafuckin' attitude!

How you like 'dem apples?

RHCP94
11-08-2007, 02:36 PM
Tranquilize http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12bgWhzgJSQ

.smudged.
11-08-2007, 02:39 PM
A dude I know said: "omg have u guys seen the new killer song? shadowplay?" I wanted to kick his ass

tranqd killer
11-08-2007, 02:44 PM
i meant tranqualize and shadow play they just seem kinda emo,ish to me...

RHCP94
11-08-2007, 02:47 PM
i meant tranqualize and shadow play they just seem kinda emo,ish to me...
:confused: Really? I love Traquilize, and can't really kind anytihng emo about it. I love Lou Reed's part in it. He in that video gives me the same feeling Johnny Cash gave me in the "Hurt" video.

kurtrip
11-08-2007, 04:39 PM
shouldnt this be in " modern rock " ??

.smudged.
11-08-2007, 06:38 PM
^ yes

WhereArtEsteban
11-08-2007, 08:46 PM
shouldnt this be in " modern rock " ??
Probably, but I guess they're "alternative"...
I really like Tranquilize.

daniel741
11-09-2007, 10:35 PM
the killers are one of my favorite bands. i loved the sams town but hot fuss was really good too

walidb123
11-25-2007, 10:23 AM
Hot Fuss was their best album IMO. Every track sounds so damn good.

jimmy_neutron
10-05-2008, 05:39 PM
I like the Killers, and i was looking forward to their new album...... until this

Human - Album Taster (http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=wvVOoCKjonY)

steve_muse
10-05-2008, 06:08 PM
I like the Killers, and i was looking forward to their new album...... until this

Human - Album Taster (http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=wvVOoCKjonY)

You don't like that song? I think it's epic and the album should be brilliant.

CaptainRon
11-02-2008, 12:57 AM
Every song by The Killers is listenable.

I don't mind Human but I'm sure like most Killers songs I'm going to have to listen to it 10 times before I really like it.

*waits for the next reply*

ak10
11-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Human is a really good song. I love what Brandon Flowers based the lyrics on. Its such an obscure quote that mostly no one gets right away, but its really meaningful.

Hardknocks
11-03-2008, 07:02 PM
You know, they have good concepts and great titles. Very seldom do they come through with completely satisfying material. Flowers has a good voice for the job and he has some good stuff, during the Sam's Town era. People overrate Hot Fuss, because it's basically commercial pop with a concept. Coldplay and Muse pull the sound off better. The Killers are alright, but the Strokes and the Bravery are better.

WhereArtEsteban
11-03-2008, 10:58 PM
I like the new song a lot, they really do keep getting better.

patrickrh
11-07-2008, 02:47 AM
Here's an album version of "Spaceman" - http://prettymuchamazing.com/mp3/new-the-killers-spaceman-day-age-version/

this new album looks like it could be their best yet

weezergeek182
11-07-2008, 02:12 PM
I love the killers. I've been listening to them lately.

Air Raid Siren
11-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Seen them twice now; both times at Sziget Festival in Budapest. They were great, love their songs.

New song Human is promising.

This all may sound weird coming from somebody who Maiden are his favourite band

Le_Bunny
11-08-2008, 01:58 AM
Really liked Hot Fuss, but they totally lost me with the new singles... they just seem less original to me.

ak10
11-08-2008, 03:14 AM
Less original? The new single is very original. The song is a response to a comment made by Hunter S Thompson, the guy who wrote Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. He said that american was raising a generation of dancers, meaning conformists. So the song Human is asking are we human or are we dancer. The concept for that song is really really original.

CaptainRon
11-10-2008, 05:23 AM
I think I'm actually going to buy this album.

Support my favourite band for once.

Spaceman is great as well.

anthonyK
11-15-2008, 06:27 AM
Dancer?? I thought it was "denser".
Are we human or are we dancer? It doesn't seem to make any sense to me
But who knows, Brandon flowers, deceiving guy

ak10
11-15-2008, 09:17 AM
Dancer?? I thought it was "denser".
Are we human or are we dancer? It doesn't seem to make any sense to me
But who knows, Brandon flowers, deceiving guy

Its dancer, there is an interview on the killers website where Flowers confirms it is Dancer and explains why that is the lyric i.e., what I was saying about the Hunter S. Thompson quote. It makes more sense than denser if your aware of that.

perry589
11-15-2008, 12:55 PM
New songs are ok. Will probably check out the album.

CaoticCalm
11-15-2008, 06:38 PM
I worship them 0.0 ...
lol jk, but they are one of my fav bands <3

fender_dan_08
11-16-2008, 02:57 PM
The Killers is my favorite band my favorite songs are Human, Read My Mind and Spaceman!!!

IndieMetal
11-16-2008, 04:02 PM
Brandon Flowers is like the best vocalist ever and i cant say i have a favorite song from then because they are all so good like Somebody Told Me Mr Brightside Smile like you mean i cant (i can) name them all though theyre the best indie band ever

CaptainRon
11-23-2008, 12:47 AM
Good night, Travel well is amazing.

Buying the album tomorrow or on Monday.

andychalmers102
11-23-2008, 02:39 AM
A Dustland Fairytale is amazing!!!

$50 says D&A outsells Chinese Democracy this weekend :D

CaptainRon
11-23-2008, 07:01 AM
All the reviews of Day & Age that I've read have been negative.

Its a hell of a lot better then Sam's Town.

Baby Joel
11-24-2008, 03:22 AM
You know, I've loved every Killers album, with Hot Fuss being my least favorite, and Sawdust probably being my favorite. Day and Age is incredibly epic though. Such a huge diversity and new sound. Killers are awesome, I'll be seeing them in February in London. :D

steve_muse
11-24-2008, 09:38 AM
Just bought Day & Age. So far it's brilliant.

matt1073
11-29-2008, 11:09 PM

I second That

Fiddelers elbow
11-30-2008, 08:21 AM
Originally Posted by steve_muse

Im tempted to get it. I liked there first one and hated sams town.

There new single is awful though..

pattslash
12-01-2008, 01:01 PM

I totally agree.

break-me-in
12-01-2008, 02:58 PM

I like the fact that they're experimenting, but I think it's a very mixed bag.

SLD.Potato
12-01-2008, 09:34 PM
Here's something I've been wondering since Sam's Town:

What the hell happened to Brandon Flowers' voice?!

frazer89
12-02-2008, 08:07 AM
Im tempted to get it. I liked there first one and hated sams town.

There new single is awful though..

How is it possible to hate Sams Town... That album must be one of the most well written albums in modern time, too be compared with Bruce Springsteens - Born To Run. Everything just falls together and make so much sence. Have you even listened to it?!?!?

break-me-in
12-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Through the magic of opinion?

I hated Sam's Town at first, it took me ages to get into it.

I still think My List, Why do I keep on counting? and Where the whiteboys dance are awful songs, and For Reasons Unknown would be better without that minute intro of tuneless groaning and palm-muting.

Fiddelers elbow
12-03-2008, 06:31 PM
How is it possible to hate Sams Town... That album must be one of the most well written albums in modern time, too be compared with Bruce Springsteens - Born To Run. Everything just falls together and make so much sence. Have you even listened to it?!?!?

Because I listened to it and it seemed bland and devoid of anything which was remotely intresting.

Nyamaki
12-03-2008, 06:32 PM
Is the new album any good?

I liked Human so far.

patbuck2
12-04-2008, 06:16 PM
Does anyone know what Dave's rig is? As in what pedals, amps, and guitars he uses?

Baby Joel
12-05-2008, 08:25 PM
All I know is I've seen him with an Explorer, Alpine White LP, Black LP, and this Fender: http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://lh4.ggpht.com/_qgtjRFq7Zd8/RuvY0G14_nI/AAAAAAAABVw/F9yT8wkz6wY/P1030600.JPG&imgrefurl=http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/iFMZbwZxW2Vvovq2rH59Kw&usg=__Ip53KC4_DWylNlsLQiGWQIKvccw=&h=1200&w=1600&sz=21&hl=en&start=17&um=1&tbnid=L1b9-JbKfkk7PM:&tbnh=113&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddave%2Bkeuning%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official%26sa%3DG

cheese1756
12-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Human is awesome!

CaptainRon
12-06-2008, 02:53 AM
I'm starting to like every song on the album now.

Losing Touch is way better then I originally I thought.

steve_muse
12-06-2008, 01:59 PM
The ablum's great. A lot of solid tracks on it.

Rob_999
12-06-2008, 02:19 PM
the killers are the the epitome of everything that's wrong with the current music scene.

this is my opinion.

Hendrix_fan_14
12-07-2008, 05:42 AM
the killers are the the epitome of everything that's wrong with the current music scene.

this is my opinion.

In what way?

explain your opinion. :rolleyes:

break-me-in
12-07-2008, 11:21 AM

this is my opinion.

Either justify your opinion or fuck off and stop trying to be cool.

Rakatung
12-09-2008, 05:48 PM

Comparable to Born to Run?

Try and listen to "When you were young", especially note the riff

Then listen to "Born to Run" By The Boss. Does the riff seem similar?

Then compare the theme. It's almost the same.

Finally notice the structure of both songs. Both have pretty long verses and one-line choruses. Both enter a quiet passage before the last verse. Even the ending seems similar, with the chorus being repeated several times.

Need i say anymore?

Baby Joel
12-12-2008, 01:49 PM
Seriously? Those songs sound nothing the same.

break-me-in
12-12-2008, 03:04 PM
That's fairly a standard song structure.

Off the top of my head, songs with similar structure:
Helicopter by Bloc Party
The Pretender by Foo Fighters
Fat Lip by Sum 41
57 by Biffy Clyro
Everybody Get Dangerous by Weezer
Gives You Hell by All American Rejects

It's employed a particularly great deal in pop-punk.

Hendrix_fan_14
12-12-2008, 09:35 PM
They are rather great live arent they?

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=kkfY58pWyOs&NR=1

Baby Joel
12-13-2008, 06:37 AM
Can't wait till February when I watch them. :D

AlaskaGirl13
12-13-2008, 10:37 PM
i think killers rock. but. i hate the song human by them. its icky. :no:

steve_muse
12-14-2008, 10:29 AM
They are rather great live arent they?

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=kkfY58pWyOs&NR=1

I had the chance to see them at the SECC. They sold out in 5 minutes. :mad:

fender_dan_08
12-14-2008, 05:17 PM
wat does any1 recon of Day & Age i thought it was amazing

Hendrix_fan_14
12-14-2008, 08:04 PM
wat does any1 recon of Day & Age i thought it was amazing

It is amazing

i really enjoy listening to it.

The Killers are playing the V festival here in Australia which is bound to lead to sideshows. :liplick:

WhereArtEsteban
12-15-2008, 12:21 AM
Through the magic of opinion?

I hated Sam's Town at first, it took me ages to get into it.

I still think My List, Why do I keep on counting? and Where the whiteboys dance are awful songs, and For Reasons Unknown would be better without that minute intro of tuneless groaning and palm-muting.
I love My List! The two others yeah I could live without for sure. I really like the awkward beginning in For Reasons Unknown though.

I haven't heard all of Day and Age yet, but I will soon.

strawberryJAMZ
12-15-2008, 12:40 AM
Nothing the Killers do in my book is amazing, just good. Sam's Town is my personal favorite. Brandon Flowers is an idiot though, he fakes a british accent while singing. What a fraud.

_musicupthebutt
12-19-2008, 03:56 PM
Brandon Flowers's voice is amazing. what r u smoking strawberryjamz? brandons voice sounds the farthest thing from british. ur the idiot, not him. besides, who would name their username after a fruit?

break-me-in
12-19-2008, 08:37 PM
I love My List! The two others yeah I could live without for sure. I really like the awkward beginning in For Reasons Unknown though.

I haven't heard all of Day and Age yet, but I will soon.

Well each to their own I guess, I just think that bit of For Reasons Unknown sounds a bit laughable. I don't see why you'd make something deliberately off-key.

strawberryJAMZ
12-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Brandon Flowers's voice is amazing. what r u smoking strawberryjamz? brandons voice sounds the farthest thing from british. ur the idiot, not him. besides, who would name their username after a fruit?

shut up nub, learn to research.

IYanoplathizoI
12-21-2008, 03:43 PM
they are cool. and what is wrong with a british accent?

Baby Joel
12-28-2008, 07:12 PM
1: He does not fake a British accent.
2: He's not an idiot, actually quite intelligent and a brilliant lyricist.

Strange question, does anybody know who the Santa is in both the Great Big Sled and Don't Shoot Me Santa Claus videos?

crankybitch
01-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Love when you were young!

they soooo reminded me of the 80's when i first heard them. i was a teenager way back then....

Uber-rocker
01-03-2009, 07:56 AM
What's their new album like? I liked Hot Fuss, and Sam's Town has grown on me, but I haven't got their latest CD.

Baby Joel
01-03-2009, 08:44 AM
New album has similar song styles to that of Hot Fuss, though its still got uniqueness. It's also got Flowers# edgier voice of Sam's Town, as well as more thoughtful/meaningful lyrics of Sam's Town.
Though if it took you a while to like Sam's Town, it will probably take a little to like Day and Age. Very worth it though.

tpen892004
01-04-2009, 01:18 PM
So I've been obsessed with Goodnight, Travel Well, its probably my favourite Killers track

Uber-rocker
01-05-2009, 06:31 AM
New album has similar song styles to that of Hot Fuss, though its still got uniqueness. It's also got Flowers# edgier voice of Sam's Town, as well as more thoughtful/meaningful lyrics of Sam's Town.
Though if it took you a while to like Sam's Town, it will probably take a little to like Day and Age. Very worth it though.

:cheers:

I'll think about picking it up at some stage then. :)

chris_red
01-11-2009, 06:18 PM
Hey I have a question for you diehard Killers fans. I'm sure at least ONE of you bought the original CD :rolleyes:

Anyway, I was wondering, are the lyrics for Human really "Are we dancer?". My girlfriend said that it's "Are we denser?" (which would make a lot more sense), and I can't trust lyrics websites, seeing that they're really unreliable. I'm assuming that maybe the CD booklet has the lyrics, can anyone confirm what the lyrics really are? Thanks in advance.

perry589
01-11-2009, 06:25 PM
^It's 'Are we dancer?'.
Less original? The new single is very original. The song is a response to a comment made by Hunter S Thompson, the guy who wrote Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. He said that american was raising a generation of dancers, meaning conformists. So the song Human is asking are we human or are we dancer. The concept for that song is really really original.

chris_red
01-11-2009, 06:42 PM
But why "dancer" and not "dancers"?

perry589
01-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Don't know. You'll have to ask Mr Flowers.

shamu1001
01-19-2009, 03:38 PM
So I've been obsessed with Goodnight, Travel Well, its probably my favourite Killers track

That track blew me away when I first heard it.

andychalmers102
01-21-2009, 02:01 AM
It's speaking of "dancer" as more of a species than a single person. (If it was "Are we humans", then maybe "dancers" would be appropriate.)

Ajax413
02-03-2009, 11:08 AM
Saw them last night in Houston. Most amazing band I've ever seen live. They sound just as good if not better than they do in the studio albums.

xtreme3384
02-04-2009, 10:59 PM
Saw them last night in Houston. Most amazing band I've ever seen live. They sound just as good if not better than they do in the studio albums.

Yeah they are awesome!! I saw them in Nashville the 31st.. heres some videos.. just click on this one and then click on "More from this user" to see all the others i recorded!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jwnESGwm7E8

Baby Joel
02-11-2009, 05:49 PM
OMG
Just got box tickets to the O2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Most excitement I've ever had. Its the second night, so they'll have been all warmed up for the stage, so it should be awesome!

Hendrix_fan_14
02-12-2009, 01:11 AM
OMG
Just got box tickets to the O2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Most excitement I've ever had. Its the second night, so they'll have been all warmed up for the stage, so it should be awesome!

Awesome, hope you have fun.

Should be good.

If only they weren't just playing The V Festival in Australia.

Baby Joel
02-25-2009, 01:17 PM
Show was fantastic. :D

Cobain_Is_King
02-26-2009, 07:12 AM
Might go to T in the Park this year, been waiting a while to see The Killers.

Baby Joel
02-26-2009, 12:05 PM
Do it, it was such a great show. They are fantastic live.
They aren't as stiff as people told me and said. Flower's ran around a bunch, Stoermer did lots of awesome headbangs and knee-jumps. Vanucci just went wild on the drums.
Keunning was mellow, but whatever. A great show.

Jack D Shortiss
02-28-2009, 06:49 AM
i saw em live at th O2 Arena in London
they r an amazin live band
nd all of there albums r equally amazin

EbEar
02-28-2009, 07:01 PM
from a non-killers fan to all of you fanboys.......Spaceman is freakin brilliant

an1ka
03-06-2009, 08:36 PM
They suck. They're just a bad New Order rehash.
u suck ur crap and u cant do better than them
the killers rule :)

toyboxmonster
03-06-2009, 08:44 PM
The Killers are alright, but they're very lightweight in comparison to some other bands belonging to the post-punk revival.