Sigur Ros

PDA

View Full Version : Sigur Ros

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

DorkusMalorkus
03-04-2006, 11:19 PM
We figured out how to say it. Stop telling me!

Also, what album should I get first? Takk? I had it in my hands today, and didn't buy it. I might later...

slinks
03-04-2006, 11:22 PM
I say it "Sigger Roas" (like roast minus the "t") :D

As for albums, the only one I own is Takk...., so I'll recommend that, but I can't really compare it to any others. It's very good though.

IsThereLoveInSp
03-04-2006, 11:27 PM
Deffinately get Ágætis Byrjun first.

and you say it 'si-ur rose' (the i is like the i in "hit". "rose" is said very quickly)

ChildofBodom
03-04-2006, 11:55 PM
( ) and Takk are great.

ghettohippygrrl
03-05-2006, 12:05 AM
I thought it was Sig-or Roes

Buy Mogwai instead. :p: I'm kidding. I don't listen to them, I dunno.

starsnostars
03-05-2006, 04:12 AM
buy agætis byrjun first!!! can't say that enough. the other albums are good, but disappointing standing next agætis byrjun.

and from the sigur ros website, it's "si-ur rose" (the i is like the i in "hit". "rose" is said very quickly) (as someone else pointed out)

a side note, i saw them live last week and can honestly say that years of built up expectations couldn't have prepared me for how amazing it was.

kryptonite22
03-05-2006, 06:34 AM
I bought Agaetis Byrjun first and it was alright...but then I bought ( ) and I preferred it endless amounts. It was just a bit more bleak, I think. It sounded that way to me, anyway. The first three tracks and then number 6 are outstanding.

Andrewbiles
03-05-2006, 06:50 AM
Someone on here once said they were pronounced Sig-Urgh Rose, but personally I stick to sig-ur ross, it's easiest and most people will understand.

bobjewell87
03-05-2006, 09:54 AM
anything else think it's slightly strange that these guys are signed to geffen records of all labels?

MattDaviesFFAF
03-05-2006, 11:14 AM
I say Sigur Ross.

Cause I'm hardcore like that.

Knife2aGunFight
03-05-2006, 11:20 AM
I say Sci-Grrr Ross. I'm probably retarded tho.

MattDaviesFFAF
03-05-2006, 11:25 AM
^:haha

There's no c in either of those words.

I like your style

Nefro
03-05-2006, 12:06 PM
I believe its Si-gur Ro

The s is silent.

i_strum_i_drum
03-05-2006, 12:07 PM
IsThereLove has it.

j'adore ( ) and Takk... and Agaetis Byrjun.

i saw them in early february.
i could never describe the level at which my breath was taken away. it would do them no justice.

IronBeard
03-05-2006, 12:26 PM
http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/band/pronunci.php

Don't get "Takk...". (IMO) It really isn't great.

Andrewbiles
03-05-2006, 12:54 PM
^ It (http://download.sigur-ros.co.uk/sigur.mp3) almost sounds like 'say-good ross'.

starsnostars
03-05-2006, 01:26 PM
anything else think it's slightly strange that these guys are signed to geffen records of all labels?

they signed over for takk. probably going to end up being the worst decisions they ever make. but if trying to get the new album out to the masses was why they did so, then that proved successful. their fan base is huge and growing thanks to takk.

...even if it's their worst album

lo fi nights
03-05-2006, 05:22 PM
cig-er-ross :)

starsnostars
03-05-2006, 07:24 PM
^ "a more popular (and incorrect) variation in the English-speaking world is 'sigger ross'"

eye_kaint_spael
03-06-2006, 03:34 AM
it's si-oor rose.

Dirk Gently
03-06-2006, 09:42 AM
We don't have one person in this forum from Iceland to settle this debate? And of course Agaetis Byrjun is the right album to get first. It means "a good start." Track 2 (I'm not going to bother butchering the names) is one of the most gorgeous soundscapes ever committed to a recording medium.

Ababil_Albarn
03-08-2006, 03:59 AM
^^^ yeah I think that's right...

si-oor rose rocks!

Andrewbiles
03-08-2006, 04:54 AM
We don't have one person in this forum from Iceland to settle this debate? And of course Agaetis Byrjun is the right album to get first. It means "a good start." Track 2 (I'm not going to bother butchering the names) is one of the most gorgeous soundscapes ever committed to a recording medium.

IronBeard left a link with audio clips on the last page...

Caustic
03-08-2006, 12:54 PM
I started with Takk, then Agaetis Byrjun, then ().

I find Takk is the most accessible. And Glosóli is a beautifil song.

Mattskas
03-08-2006, 04:19 PM
Does anyone know if the Manchester gig is sold out yet? Its this month so im guessing it will be ...but I can always hope...

Talmir
03-23-2006, 08:58 AM
I´m icelandic and the correct way to say it is like in the audioclip in the link on page 1 but the two words are said as one.. None of the letters are silent, remember that... In icelandic it is extremely rare to write down a letter that is not audible when said outloud.

Ababil_Albarn
03-23-2006, 10:46 AM
thx man...

starsnostars
03-25-2006, 06:19 PM
i've got 5th row for chicago

musicftm
03-26-2006, 05:02 PM
sigur ros is really amazing... i just have gotten into them. the only complaint by me is that their songs sometimes have the same mood.

StuartR
03-27-2006, 06:05 PM
Many other of the pronuniations are right, it would spell it phonetically like Si-gur Roce, almost silent g and accent on the C.

http://download.sigur-ros.co.uk/sigur.mp3

Mattskas
03-27-2006, 07:21 PM
Can't even remember what direction this thread was taking, but Im steering it back to Sigur Ros live in concert again. I just got home from seeing them play in Manchester. Words can't even begin to address how good they were. To sum up though, the best gig I'll ever see. Ever. :)

EDIT: In fact no. Its not even justice to call it a 'gig'... more of an 'experience'. They got a huge standing ovation at the end. Awesome.

Sorry for hijacking the thread again... my bad

xdespairfactor
03-27-2006, 09:19 PM
i saw them at madisons quare garden last month.

SO GOOD.

nearvana
03-28-2006, 01:50 AM
I would like to see them. I just missed getting tix. I screwed up and found out late that they were going to be at a nearby venue. OOOOOOOOOOOPS. Oh well.... I will see Mogwai at least! ;)

starsnostars
03-28-2006, 02:13 AM
^i've got tickets to see mogwai a week before i see sigur ros :)

i saw them last month as well, i think i said that somewhere in this thread. anyway, that show is the whole reason i am flying to chicago to see them again. it was that good.

nearvana
03-28-2006, 11:55 AM
^i've got tickets to see mogwai a week before i see sigur ros :)

i saw them last month as well, i think i said that somewhere in this thread. anyway, that show is the whole reason i am flying to chicago to see them again. it was that good.
Ya, rub my nose in it why doncha? ;)

I probably would have had tix if I didn't find out a week after the tix went on sale. I just knew about Mogwai being in town. Geez, they're within a week apart, too. Sigur Ros will be performing on a Sat. in T.O. too which would have made it convenient! :(

Oh well. Hopefully, next time. But, do you know that for Sigur Ros, there are an abundance of scalpers charging into the 100s of dollars?!? What B.S. I hope the members of Sigur Ros find about this if they don't already. I would be peeved! As much as I like them, I'm not going to give some scum who doesn't care about the band double or triple the cost of the tix. In addition, I think Mogwai is better anyway as admittingly, most of Sigur Ros' songs do sound too similar for paying over 200 bucks. Imho, of course. Now, I have automatic msgs go to my mail box if any of those groups have concert dates in my area. A bit late but I'll catch them sometime so they better return!

i_strum_i_drum
03-28-2006, 06:34 PM
they are an experience live.

i was honored to see them in february and am infinitely honored to see them again in may.

Emenius Sleepus
04-12-2006, 06:36 AM
the g isn't pronounced... but anyway,.. I saw their show last night... **dies in a complete euphoria*, it was incredible,... the music completely overpowered me and I don't think I'll get over it anytime soon. It was as beautiful as music gets

edit: i only just saw 'i strum i drum' 's post, and yes it is an experience to see them live... one like no other. I mean I listen to music almost non-stop, all the different sorts, and still I just couldn't believe what it was doing to me.. It just took me over completely...

for more info, look up www.wikipedia.com, loads of info on them

sydbarrettsaves
04-13-2006, 07:47 PM
hellloo... its totally si-or-ross. means victory rose. if you don't believe me look the prononciation on the internet somewhere you're bound to discover something.

here is an actual person saying it for those of you who are still confused

http://download.sigur-ros.co.uk/sigur.mp3

i_strum_i_drum
04-13-2006, 09:09 PM
i think we've identified how it's pronounced...

sydbarrettsaves
04-13-2006, 09:57 PM
sorry i forgot that you own the forum and i'm not allowed to give any input

DorkusMalorkus
04-14-2006, 09:14 AM
Are you gonna watch them at Coachella? They are supposed to have a sunset performance.

RadioHead22
04-15-2006, 06:05 PM
[QUOTE=DorkusMalorkus]How the hell do you say it?

I've always said: Sig-er Roce, but I'm pretty sure that is wrong...QUOTE]

Sigur Ros is commonly mis-pronounced, the proper Icelandic pronunciation is "See-oor Roce"...dont feel bad, its a common mistake....last time i checked, most people cant speak Icelandic :rolleyes:

starsnostars
04-15-2006, 09:27 PM
can't we put an end to how it's pronounced? don't we already have it stated here about 7 time on the correct way?

Night_Lights
04-15-2006, 09:34 PM
ok. hows the new album?

Emenius Sleepus
04-16-2006, 02:05 AM
waht I've heard of live and what's on my computer, it's awesome stuff

starsnostars
04-16-2006, 04:02 AM
ok. hows the new album?
has it's moments, but not even close to their best.

does add to their live shows though

iamjosh
04-17-2006, 03:45 PM
I would argue that Takk... is some of their best, especially "Milano" and is definately a good starting place if you haven't really gotten into them yet. Then I'd go for A Good Beginning (not gonna try at the icelandic), ( ). and Von.

cliff_em_all
04-19-2006, 12:33 PM
i wuv sigur ros, untitled 4 is amazing.

IronBeard
04-19-2006, 06:32 PM
ok. hows the new album?

Not good.

Emenius Sleepus
04-20-2006, 08:58 AM
^fair enough,.. I didn't mind it at all, but I guess it's an opinion

dave293
04-21-2006, 09:32 AM
I saw them last week, they were awesome it was the best gig i have seen. Great atmosphere.

Emenius Sleepus
04-21-2006, 10:36 AM
^hey me too!!! where'd u see them??

~King_Of_Foolz~
04-22-2006, 03:58 PM
... takk to me seems to be a whole lot more accessible then () or aegetis byrgin. (sp).... alls i know is.. i'm seeing them next month.... and it aint a gig.. its a friggin experience all right..

starsnostars
04-22-2006, 10:59 PM
is that all one sentence? or is your keyboard broke?

the two or three good songs off takk are more accessible, if you have ADD. the rest of the album is rubbish.

~King_Of_Foolz~
04-22-2006, 11:57 PM
is that all one sentence? or is your keyboard broke?

the two or three good songs off takk are more accessible, if you have ADD. the rest of the album is rubbish.

Lets see; I wasn't aware the grammar police was patroling our little corner of the world wide inter-wubs. Besides what gave you the impression my keyboard was "broke"? Personally, I have my favourites on Takk, but the album in general is great leave-on-in-the-background music.

starsnostars
04-23-2006, 01:22 AM
it's not about grammar, it's the fact that no one can understand what you're saying when... you... type... like.. this.....

i'm sorry you listen to background music

~King_Of_Foolz~
04-23-2006, 01:34 AM
I'm fairly sure most people understood what I meant perfectly. I'm also sorry that you get your kicks trying to get a rise out of people on internet forums. "Registered abuser"....

starsnostars
04-23-2006, 03:11 AM
yep, you got me, but i must end this so i can go over to the coldplay forum and harass 13 year olds over there.
ps: can we have make up sex. please?

now, actually on subject, has anyone seen the video for sæglópur? i heard the band directed it, which makes me giddy to see it, but i hear it's just like all the rest of their videos.

betty boop
04-29-2006, 05:55 PM
i`ve learned some islandic (though i could practice my english too
cuz i`m from croatia)
anyway.

georg liggja frik in. (sth like that)
-->georgg`s hot.

eftilvil is MAYBE.

...and so on. :cool:

starsnostars
04-29-2006, 08:46 PM
anyone going to coachella? if so, let me know how it was.

EDIT: i watched the webcast, they played alright, but those of you who are only seeing them at coachella are getting screwed. not even half as amazing as their non-festival shows.

anyone else interested, here's the set

http://glosoli.com/coachella/sr_coachella_06.wmv

unplugged110
04-30-2006, 12:12 PM
i saw the webcast and the last song they played (track 8 from () ) was amazing. although, i have nothing to compare it to cuz i have never seen them live.

btw the video link doesnt have any sound when i play it.

DorkusMalorkus
04-30-2006, 12:30 PM
I thought it was really good. Not as good as everyone says they are but good. I guess 'starsnostars' explains it.

pixiesfanyo
04-30-2006, 02:32 PM
Untitled 8 is probably the best song ever written by Sigur Ros.

starsnostars
05-01-2006, 12:15 AM
btw the video link doesnt have any sound when i play it.

works for me. sorry

I thought it was really good. Not as good as everyone says they are but good. I guess 'starsnostars' explains it.

try watching this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoBo4MzOH5s

shows pretty well how sigur ros have been ending each show on the takk tour

DorkusMalorkus
05-01-2006, 09:16 AM
Thanks, I'll get to that video after school.

nearvana
05-02-2006, 11:44 AM
I was listening extensively to these guys since I learned they were going to be performing near me in a month (this was in April). I have to say, I still like them and see why they're so popular but... I do believe a lot of their songs sound the same. Also, a lot of the music is reliant on the vocals. Unlike a lot of other post-rock bands who use vocals as a secondary "instrument" or even use vocoders to distant it further, Sigur Ros' music seems to rely quite a bit on Jonsi's high-pitched droning vocals. Not that it's bad, but I think the band is a bit overrated. I still want to see them live, though, but I'm not paying the prices that some scalpers are trying to get. Are they the only "post-rock" band that is popular enough to provoke a bunch of a-holes to scalp tix? I checked ebay and some people are asking for two hundred bucks and over for two tickets. They're a good band but that's outrageous. How do you think they compare to Mogwai and the different sounds they are able to produce and offer?

I'm glad I'm getting to see Mogwai, Pelican and Mono. I bought tix for these bands and it's going to be under $100 for all.

starsnostars
05-02-2006, 01:26 PM
^if you look up what post-rock meant in the 90's, you'll find most bands in the genre had vocals. the term became one to describe bands like godspeed and mono, but it wasn't always that way.

i love mogwai, but to me they seem like the band that every song sounds the same.

i'm going to see mogwai this week, and sigur ros the next. i'll let you know who had a better show, though i already know the answer.

edit:link (http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=77:2682)

hippy12
05-02-2006, 01:28 PM
pronounced sig-err ross

i love them

starsnostars
05-02-2006, 01:32 PM
DorkusMalorkus, you should just change your first post?

nearvana
05-02-2006, 10:58 PM
^if you look up what post-rock meant in the 90's, you'll find most bands in the genre had vocals. the term became one to describe bands like godspeed and mono, but it wasn't always that way.

i love mogwai, but to me they seem like the band that every song sounds the same.

i'm going to see mogwai this week, and sigur ros the next. i'll let you know who had a better show, though i already know the answer.

edit:link (http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=77:2682)
No way, man. If you compare Sigur Ros and Mogwai, Mogwai's tunes vary much more. Listen to Hunted By a Freak and compare to Stanley Kubrick. Perhaps, a tune from one album will sound similar to a song from a different album but that is it.

Mogwai doesn't depend on vocals and when they use it, they add to the song and are not the center piece. I find that Sigur Ros utilizes vocals to be a main part of their music and although they have a very ethereal sound, I would like to hear more variety from tune to tune. I would like to see them live though as that is an experience in itself from any of these bands. I will have to move faster though when they tour near me. ;)

starsnostars
05-03-2006, 12:16 AM
how much of sigur ros have you listened to? if you are going off of takk or ( ) alone, then yes, you have some what of a point. but listen to agaetis byrjun and try to tell me one song on there sounds like another.

Eskimo
05-04-2006, 05:36 AM
Untitled 8 is probably the best song ever written by Sigur Ros.

YES. I can't get enough of that song. It has the same effect on me as Jane Doe by Converge, except it's a lot mellower.

Has anyone got Ba Ba Ti Ki Di Do? ... It's just odd.

RustyGold
05-06-2006, 06:12 PM
They're great, good in concerts aswell.

I just hope they keep experimenting...

Thin-Lizzy
05-17-2006, 12:29 PM
Has anyone got Ba Ba Ti Ki Di Do? ... It's just odd.

Yep sure do, and i agree by the way. Bear in mind its an accompanyment to a dance performance though and so i don't treat it like the rest of their music.

Björn from their website told me they are going to finally release Óðin's Raven Magic on CD sometime soon :D.

Ágætis Byrjun is the best album aswell...

Glen_Hansard
06-17-2006, 08:08 AM
I only have 2 or 3 songs, so I'm going to get ( ) as soon as I can. I like 'em, I like 'em a lot.

I say it the Icelandic way, see oor roce.

MattDaviesFFAF
06-17-2006, 08:42 AM
They say it "Siguhr r/loss" themselves...

So, lyke, owened, Nickilicious.

kryptonite22
06-17-2006, 10:01 AM
I always thought it was 'sea-er-rose'

But I sound like a fool when I say it, so usually I just point to it's written form or use sign language.

StuartR
06-17-2006, 01:51 PM
I posted a link a few pages back of one of the members pronouncing it.

Anyway, I have Ba Ba Ti Ki Di Do, it not bad for what it is, more similar to Von than anything else. I'd like to hear Radiohead's contribution too. I have those Odins Raven Magic mp3s, any idea when they're going to be relesed?

Glen_Hansard
06-17-2006, 03:38 PM
They say it "Siguhr r/loss" themselves...

So, lyke, owened, Nickilicious.

I don't care, n00b, I like walking around my house poping my head into rooms saying "SEE OOR ROCE" in a Mexican accent.

Emenius Sleepus
06-18-2006, 07:42 AM
they remind me very slightly of Radiohead, but a very unique approach to music, and live performance. I saw them live some months ago, and it was truly magical I must say. One of the most emotionally involving I've ever seen

AssortedLunatic
06-19-2006, 12:31 AM
takk is orgasmic

cigar r(L)ose. (i say it with an italian accent)

i had found out they had came to my city two weeks after they did, i was so mad.

el57
06-19-2006, 10:56 PM
I pronounce it Sugar Rose (in my head) which is dead wrong but I don't give a **** because I never have to say their name since they usually don't enter the conversation when I talk to people. Agnaetis Byrnson or w/e it is is the best album although I have Takk and it's alright.

Cirrus Minor
06-20-2006, 01:23 AM
O Man, does anyone else think Hoppipolla is one of the most beautiful songs ever made?

Cal UK
06-20-2006, 02:06 AM
Dont have any albums, anywhere I can listen to em? download?

starsnostars
06-20-2006, 02:16 AM
Dont have any albums, anywhere I can listen to em? download?

http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/media

The Mofaster
06-20-2006, 01:22 PM
I remember seeing them live at Coachella 2 months ago or so. They were good live, except they were experiencing "technical" difficulties during their set. It was good nonetheless.

DorkusMalorkus
06-20-2006, 01:27 PM
Yeah that sucked. Also people that watched the webcast say it wasn't very good in comparison to their other gigs.

The Mofaster
06-20-2006, 01:29 PM
Yeah that sucked. Also people that watched the webcast say it wasn't very good in comparison to their other gigs.

They have had other gigs webcasted?

DorkusMalorkus
06-20-2006, 01:45 PM
Not that I know of. I'm just saying that people that have seen them live before say that what they saw from the Coachella webcast was disappointing.

The Mofaster
06-20-2006, 01:52 PM
Not that I know of. I'm just saying that people that have seen them live before say that what they saw from the Coachella webcast was disappointing.

ooh... haha ... I read that wrong. Oohh yea your right, it really didn't do them jusitce.

MattDaviesFFAF
06-20-2006, 06:49 PM
Anyone else notice the amount of shows and ads with Sigur Ros' Takk... songs on them?

Loads of football ones, especially on BBC (I heard one tonight after football (I don't like football)) and RTÉ

pixiesfanyo
06-20-2006, 06:54 PM
They have had other gigs webcasted?

They had something on their site for awhile that was from norway.

AWA
06-20-2006, 07:50 PM
Fecking amazing band. I'd say the first time I heard them was at the end of The Life Aquatic when Staralfur was playing. God, what a beautiful song.

sponj
07-30-2006, 07:13 PM
SIGUR RÓS LIVE HERE -> http://dagskra.ruv.is/streaming/sjonvarpid/live/

nigelthronberry
07-30-2006, 07:18 PM
They really are great live. The visuals and the music work together very well, and the guy's voice actually sounds like it does on record.

Emenius Sleepus
07-30-2006, 09:49 PM
O Man, does anyone else think Hoppipolla is one of the most beautiful songs ever made?

yup.

They really are great live. The visuals and the music work together very well, and the guy's voice actually sounds like it does on record

yeah I agree,.. the visuals really complement the music and augment the images that the music brings up. The overall atmosphere of a Sigur Ros gig is enchanting... It's as if the music takes you over, and actually places you in a different realm of sorts... Nothing like any other live gig I experienced

Hpda5121
07-30-2006, 09:51 PM
the first time i heard them all i said was "wow"

trev913
07-30-2006, 10:03 PM
numbers 1 through 4 on ( ) are all I need to put me to sleep. Of course, I have listened to the album and stayed awake, but I think they are superb for chillin', too. I think that Takk..., however, is about as mainstream as the band can get. However, it is still a beautiful album. However, I prefer ( ), and I only recently acquired Hlemmur and am about to get Von sometime soon.

pumpkins_rule
07-30-2006, 11:27 PM
I don't see why everyone in this thread thinks Takk is so bad... Mind you I haven't heard much else, but some of these songs are just extremely beautiful. I can't wait to smoke a bowl and put this on the stereo.

Emenius Sleepus
07-30-2006, 11:29 PM
^I didn't think it was a bad album, but I guess in comparison to their other work it's not as good. I don't find the songs on it as powerful for some reason. Mind you, if you like an album I don't see why you should stop all of a sudden just because someone thinkgs it's a bad record.

xdespairfactor
07-31-2006, 01:33 AM
When you see them live... they fill the room with inscents (spelling?). So the room smells great. I saw them at MSG and the room smelled very nice from it.

starsnostars
07-31-2006, 02:42 AM
^they didn't do that either time i saw them

I don't see why everyone in this thread thinks Takk is so bad... Mind you I haven't heard much else, but some of these songs are just extremely beautiful. I can't wait to smoke a bowl and put this on the stereo.

i'm one of those people, and i only think it's bad because i compare it to agaetis byrjun. which i should stop doing, because at this point in their career, i don't think they can top that record.

&serenading
08-05-2006, 05:57 PM
i'm not gonna use the term 'sell out' because i hate it more than most other things, but i was very very disappointed when they signed to geffen of all labels. takk is still decent, but sadly it just feels like tv trailer music. i still rate ( ) slightly higher than agaetis byrjun though.

Keegs22
08-05-2006, 06:52 PM
Anyone else notice the amount of shows and ads with Sigur Ros' Takk... songs on them?

Loads of football ones, especially on BBC (I heard one tonight after football (I don't like football)) and RTÉ

I was at the movies, and Hoppipola's played during the preview for "Children of Men"

Draken
08-06-2006, 04:28 AM
I got Takk and ( ) and i love them. The Opening track of ( ) is simply beautiful.

AWA
08-06-2006, 04:47 PM
I think that Sigur Ros is pretty much the perfect background music band. I think that Staralfur and Hoppipolla could work in any movie. The music is just so beautiful, dramatic, and enigmatic. Truly blissfull.

&serenading
08-06-2006, 08:05 PM
I think that Staralfur and Hoppipolla could work in any movie.

i think staralfur is used at the end of 'the life aquatic'. it fits the scene it's used in so well as well.

Emenius Sleepus
08-07-2006, 05:40 AM
in Australia they aren't known as well I don't think. A lot of people i know heard of them, but overall they don't have such a following here. So I don't see them being used in commercials or tv shows here any time soon.

hylian_231
12-11-2006, 12:07 PM
They are truly beautiful, my friend gave me the album ( ) and i turned on the first track and skipped halfway through and was like "uhh this is shit" and turned it off. Then a few months later I was going through my iTunes collection and I saw it, so i played the first song and it made me cry, yes thats right. It was purely beautiful, it just makes me so depressed when I listen to it, the video clip is amazing as well.

I think to find some like-minded musicians like the ones in this band, would be extremely difficult.

Forced In
12-11-2006, 12:10 PM
Love the band. () is my favourite album, but I haven't heard Von. Is it worth getting?

onlyonehere
12-11-2006, 02:52 PM
Love the band. () is my favourite album, but I haven't heard Von. Is it worth getting?

If you really like them then probably.

It's not their best however.

**Coldplay**
12-11-2006, 09:32 PM
Vaka is a pretty good song and Sæglópur

"Tele" Steve
12-11-2006, 09:34 PM
Sigur Ros are certainly an interesting and innovating band but honestly, thier music kind of bores me as does Godspeed! You Black Emperor's music. As far as post-rock goes I'm all about Mogwai and Bjork.

starsnostars
12-11-2006, 11:39 PM
a lot of things get thrown into the post rock section, but bjork is a huge stretch

DorkusMalorkus
12-12-2006, 01:13 AM
Yeah. I've never heard that one before.

"Tele" Steve
12-12-2006, 01:15 AM
Than what is she?

zeddenia
12-12-2006, 01:23 AM
Lots of good bands out of the same mold as Sigur Ros:

Explosions in the Sky, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, The Album Leaf, El Ten Eleven, The Sea and Cake, Dirty Three, The Coach and Four, Six Parts Seven, Verbal, Larval, Lanterna, etc.

Live for this genre of music...so good.

starsnostars
12-12-2006, 02:38 AM
oh god. i would never put sigur ros and explosions in the sky in the same genre, let alone the same thread

zeddenia
12-12-2006, 04:46 AM
and why is that?

lessthanthree
12-12-2006, 05:02 AM
and why is that?
I think the trouble is alot of people are used to categorizing bands that sound "similar" together. They're not used to having two groups (Explosions & Sigur for example) that sound wholly different yet "are in the same vein". It would be nice if we could try and not "genre-ize" at all, but that's never going to happen...

Chances are, if you like Sigur Ros, you'll like Explosions, so why they shouldn't be mentioned in the same thread is above me.

As for takk, it is a little more commercial than the other records, but that doesn't make it bad, it's still worlds better than alot of the crap that's put out these days...Definitely my favorite music to see live, Explosions are an insanely good act to see in the flesh.

zeddenia
12-12-2006, 05:21 AM
I agree man. I saw Explosions up in San Francisco a few weeks ago and even for just a half set, they were amazing. My roommate saw them at Austin City Limits and was just blown away as well.

Sigur Ros and Explosions differ in that Sigur is more vocally/string driven whereas Explosions are more percussion/string driven. They both use rock and orchestral instruments to create what I'd term "musicscapes" so in purpose, they are comparable. Their storylines are instrument driven, too, since Sigur Ros' vocals are in a made up language.

"Tele" Steve
12-12-2006, 01:15 PM
since Sigur Ros' vocals are in a made up language.

It's not in Icelandic?

AllTimeNewbie
12-12-2006, 01:18 PM
It's not in Icelandic?

It's a mix of icelandic and gibberish, dubbed Hopelandic

starsnostars
12-12-2006, 07:28 PM
Chances are, if you like Sigur Ros, you'll like Explosions, so why they shouldn't be mentioned in the same thread is above me.

because explosions in the sky are the reason good bands don't want to be labeled as post rock

lessthanthree
12-13-2006, 04:34 AM
because explosions in the sky are the reason good bands don't want to be labeled as post rock

Each to their own I guess...

Tsunoyukami
12-30-2006, 12:07 AM
So I've been a fan of these guys for a while (borrowed my friends copy of Takk... and () and copied them to my computer), but this Christmas I got my very own copy of (), and just purchased Agaetis Byrjun (now listening to it). Absolutley amazing stuff - I wish I could write something half as amazing as what they do.

I saw Von in stores too but didn't have enough money to get it too :(

scarfox
01-07-2007, 09:11 PM
These guys are pretty talented, i have Takk and agaetis byrjun...

SonOfOsiris
01-08-2007, 06:14 AM
Sigur Ros are one of my favourite bands! My friend got me into their music when he saw them live in Iceland when he went! He showed me the videos from it and some of their music and I fell in love with it!

I love the way they bring the sounds of the Icelandic landscape with them in their music.
Their music is beautiful and relaxing and breath-taking, much like most of Iceland's landscape is, from what Ive seen.

starsnostars
01-15-2007, 06:34 PM
i was just thinking today about how it would be 2009 before we get another album out of these guys. but no!

from thier site:

sigur rós have begun recording their new album and expect to finish it later this year. according to georg, it remains to be seen whether the band will be taking a totally new direction on the album. “we have finished recording a few songs but some more things need to be done. we don’t know exactly where the album is heading yet. we are really just experimenting at this stage. some of the songs we recorded are old songs which we had written a while ago, unreleased material which we never got a chance to finish. we decided it was time they were recorded.” georg says there is a possibility the album will be released this year but nothing is confirmed at this point.

hope to god it's better than takk

SonOfOsiris
02-06-2007, 12:07 PM
i found the CD called 'Ba ba ki ki ti ti' or something like that.....can someone pelase tell me if its is an album or a single or what?

starsnostars
02-06-2007, 07:01 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ba_Ba_Ti_Ki_Di_Do

http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/band/disco/babatikidido.php

SonOfOsiris
02-18-2007, 04:24 PM
ba ba ti ki di do is very good! i love it, does anyone know when Sigur Ros are coming to the UK next??

starsnostars
02-18-2007, 05:09 PM
probably not until the next album is out, but sometimes they do shows here and there. keep and eye out here

http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/tour/

SonOfOsiris
02-19-2007, 06:16 AM
probably not until the next album is out, but sometimes they do shows here and there. keep and eye out here

http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/tour/

NEXT ALBUM!! fantastic! how long have they been working on it? do you have any idea when its due for release?

and thanks, i'll keep my eye on that page

starsnostars
02-19-2007, 05:50 PM
all that's really been said on it is what i posted above

from thier site:

sigur rós have begun recording their new album and expect to finish it later this year. according to georg, it remains to be seen whether the band will be taking a totally new direction on the album. “we have finished recording a few songs but some more things need to be done. we don’t know exactly where the album is heading yet. we are really just experimenting at this stage. some of the songs we recorded are old songs which we had written a while ago, unreleased material which we never got a chance to finish. we decided it was time they were recorded.” georg says there is a possibility the album will be released this year but nothing is confirmed at this point.

SonOfOsiris
02-20-2007, 06:27 AM
i do hope it comes out this year...and i will be interested to see how the new album turns out, because from my point of view on what Georg said about it, it could be absolutaly brilliant or not quite so brilliant.

But knowing Sigur Ros, it will be brilliant!

SonOfOsiris
02-20-2007, 12:21 PM
do any of sigur ros know how to write in english or speak english?

i_strum_i_drum
02-20-2007, 04:07 PM
^ Yes. Not positive but I think most all of them can converse in English.

SonOfOsiris
02-20-2007, 04:47 PM
i just found out that jonsi and the bassist can, i dont know about the others

StuartR
02-20-2007, 09:26 PM
I think everyone in Iceland can speak English, they pretty much have to. In Europe, excluding Britain, most people speak their native language & at least one other language, usually English lots speak more than one though.

starsnostars
02-20-2007, 09:34 PM
i just found out that jonsi and the bassist can, i dont know about the others

they all can speak it enough to converse, though georg speaks it most fluently, because he's lived outside of iceland. they're all really nice people, and willing to talk with english speaking fans as much as they can.

and yeah, like stuartr said, most people in iceland know english

SonOfOsiris
02-21-2007, 10:35 AM
yeah....wen i go to iceland i want to speak icelandic cos to the people..im learning it now so i can speak it well (hopefully) when i go there.

preludetowar
02-22-2007, 11:23 PM
Sigur ros is amazing seriously, Songs like hoppipola, and Vaka are amazing. But does anyone know where I can find "gitardjamm"? Its on there unreleased album, And Im pretty sure theres a full version mp3 out there. If anyone can help that would be awsome:)

starsnostars
02-22-2007, 11:54 PM
there's a clip of it here http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/media/
as for a full version, you're going to have to that handy work yourself. check this out, it might help
http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=15361

and if hoppípolla is the song you think of when you think of sigur ros, for god sakes please pick up agaetis byrjun or at the very least, watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoBo4MzOH5s

SonOfOsiris
02-23-2007, 09:30 AM
yesterday i went and got Agaetis Byrjun and ()....both amazing albums, although Takk is in a league of its own....

AWA
02-23-2007, 11:15 AM
I love reading while listening to (), because the words don't distract me.

SonOfOsiris
02-23-2007, 11:56 AM
I love reading while listening to (), because the words don't distract me.

thats probably because the every song is sung in Hopelandic, a made up language that Jonsi made up, so in a sence there are no words :(

Tombe
02-23-2007, 03:08 PM
I'm listening to Ny Batteri. Always forget how beautiful it is, especially the vocals and when the drums kick in.

preludetowar
02-23-2007, 06:51 PM
there's a clip of it here http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/media/
as for a full version, you're going to have to that handy work yourself. check this out, it might help
http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=15361

and if hoppípolla is the song you think of when you think of sigur ros, for god sakes please pick up agaetis byrjun or at the very least, watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoBo4MzOH5s

Hey thanks alot!

That really helped :cheers:
And question, which do you think is better for music, bittorrent or lime wire?

starsnostars
02-23-2007, 07:41 PM
the one time i used limewire, i had nothing but problems. i wouldn't recommend it at all.

torrents are great if you can find what you're looking for- you have to know what sites have what, or get into the loop with oink (http://oink.me.uk/) or something to that affect. if that fails, use soulseek (http://www.slsknet.org/)

or if it's something you want that i might have, i'm always willing to help.

SonOfOsiris
02-24-2007, 06:52 AM
i found their studio on google earth!! how sad am i :)

starsnostars
02-24-2007, 12:35 PM
i found their studio on google earth!! how sad am i :)
i had been trying to do that for some time and just found it two days ago. it's sad that we both had that idea, and spent time looking.

this (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Mosfellsb%C3%A6r,+iceland&ie=UTF8&z=17&ll=64.166541,-21.677785&spn=0.003025,0.015213&t=h&om=1) is what i came up with

SonOfOsiris
02-24-2007, 01:36 PM
yeah same!

and dont you just love the middle section of Olsen Olsen when it goes really epic with the full brass band and quior vocals!!

:eek: ...wow... :D

preludetowar
02-25-2007, 01:24 PM
Hey guys, Just wondering, is there anyband out there like Sigur Ros? or is driven by there influence?

Thanks

starsnostars
02-25-2007, 01:30 PM
^ you're best off looking into shoegaze (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoegazing)/dream pop (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream_pop)

SonOfOsiris
02-25-2007, 01:38 PM
me :)

Instrumetal
03-02-2007, 01:14 AM
got Ágætis Byrjun and I love it!

Staralfur is the best song evar!

Tombe
03-02-2007, 10:11 AM
^ Ny Batteri's better.

SonOfOsiris
03-02-2007, 12:01 PM
Olsen Olsen kicks ass

jagstang270
03-02-2007, 02:01 PM
just got Takk...

seems weirder that their other stuff...

SonOfOsiris
03-02-2007, 03:55 PM
( ), Takk and Ageatis Bryjun are all superb albums!!

Instrumetal
03-15-2007, 04:47 PM
^ Ny Batteri's better.

No wai.

Emenius Sleepus
03-15-2007, 07:25 PM
( ), Takk and Ageatis Bryjun are all superb albums!!

I have Takk and ( ),.. I really need to get the other one

Tsunoyukami
03-15-2007, 08:58 PM
My personal favourite is () and my personal least favourite is Takk...

But man, the only song I can play on keyboards is Untitled #1 (Vaka) aha

Dobzilla
03-22-2007, 05:54 PM
This advert (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkI1Yrf66_0)

Could anybody tell me the name of the song?

It'd be much appreciated if anyone can.

kryptonite22
03-22-2007, 06:08 PM
^ It's Saeglopur (spelling might be wrong) from Takk...

Dobzilla
03-23-2007, 01:01 PM
^Thanks a lot. :)

kryptonite22
03-23-2007, 04:21 PM
no worries

starsnostars
07-30-2007, 06:03 PM
dear god the new dvd looks ****ing amazing. can't wait for it to come out.

http://del.interoute.com/?id=d8920dbc-7b45-4cee-9bfb-2fd0a27af7b9&delivery=stream

DorkusMalorkus
07-30-2007, 09:25 PM
I'd buy that based on the visuals, regardless the band.

Fugazirancid
07-30-2007, 10:49 PM
that video looks incredible.

uhh_me?
07-30-2007, 10:50 PM
after all this praise you are all giving to that video i am going to make sure to watch it tomorrow at work

Fugazirancid
07-30-2007, 10:55 PM
it makes me want to go a) visit and/or relocate to iceland and b) go see sigur ros live

starsnostars
09-08-2007, 01:43 PM
another trailer for the film

http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/media/heima-trailer2-mov-700k.html

jackbutt
09-08-2007, 04:11 PM
Nothing brings me to tears faster than a Sigur Ros song.

Has anyone figured out how to preorder Heima yet?

jackbutt
09-21-2007, 01:00 AM
Has anyone figured out how to preorder Heima yet?

Why, yes. As a matter of fact I have. You can preorder the deluxe edition for $30 here.

http://beggarsgroupusa.com/releases/Heima-(Limited-Deluxe-Edition)/

starsnostars
09-21-2007, 01:06 AM
do you know if that's just the dvd or the dvd+cd?

looks like you can get it from sandbag too

http://shop.sandbag.uk.com/SigurRos/Store/DisplayIndividualItem.html?ID=1495&CatID=3&ShopID=0

oh wait, that the hlemmur dvd, nevermind.

--------------------------------------------------------

ok, so i read up and realized that the two eps are being released separate, and preordered the dvd. thanks for the link, and sorry everyone for being a fucktard.

DorkusMalorkus
09-21-2007, 09:19 AM
ok, so i read up and realized that the two eps are being released separate, and preordered the dvd. thanks for the link, and sorry everyone for being a fucktard.'Bout time you apologized.

jackbutt
09-21-2007, 11:58 AM
The one I preordered was the dvd with the book. I was a little confused as well about the cd thing. I didn't order that. It didn't look like they had it on vinyl, or did they?

Ordering online is way too complicated for me.

starsnostars
09-21-2007, 05:15 PM
Ordering online is way too complicated for me.

it would also help if sigur ros wasn't releasing three things at once, all of them having a one word title that starts with the letter 'H'.

XL's website doesn't say anything about the ep's coming out on vinyl, but i guess that doesn't mean anything.

and while speaking of limited edition things, did anyone else buy one of the moleskine notebooks, that inside had images screen printed by the band? i found mine the other day and am kicking myself for using a few pages out of it.

uhh_me?
10-04-2007, 04:32 PM
sniffle...the dvd got pushed back

jackbutt
10-05-2007, 03:09 AM
That's lame. I'm really looking forward to the dvd coming out.

I'm planning a release party for it. My buddy has access to a really nice theater at the school where he runs the sound board for events. We were gonna watch it in there on the big screen in movie theater style seats. And if that fell through, we were gonna watch it on my parents big HD flat screen tv with their surround sound. I really can't wait. I'm gonna be the coolest kid on the block.

larry jones
10-05-2007, 05:02 PM
I think my favorites are () and of course AB.

I like all their stuff, though. Takk is ****ing sweet. Great band.

waterproofpie
10-07-2007, 11:20 AM
the DVD looks freaking sweet. I saw the preview clip a couple days ago and it's so haunting.

janegallagher
10-19-2007, 02:58 PM
i agree takk is sooooo sweet... expecially saeglopur. i adore the video

FreedomFighter
10-19-2007, 07:03 PM
I've ordered their new double cd, and the new Limited edition DVD + Book.

I cannot wait. XD

myself101
10-20-2007, 06:13 PM
I just got Agaetis Byrjun and love it! AWESOME!

starsnostars
10-24-2007, 09:34 PM
so i plan to have a heima viewing party.

sadly, it will be a party of one.

the pictures from the film are beautiful.

http://sigur-ros.co.uk/images/heima-still.jpg

jackbutt
10-25-2007, 12:27 AM
so i plan to have a heima viewing party.

sadly, it will be a party of one.

You're invited to mine.

myself101
10-25-2007, 12:28 AM
So which album shall i get after Agaetis Byrjun?

jackbutt
11-06-2007, 01:25 PM
A few tracks from Heima have been put on the Sigur Ros myspace. Can I just say that I Gaer is so amazing it gives me chills then makes me want to cry.

God, I love this band.

WyldeGibsonPlyr
11-06-2007, 08:07 PM
There was this video on Pitchfork I was watching last night..it was great.

pigmaggots
11-07-2007, 11:43 AM
I have the new album coming...when play.com get their arse in gear!

pigmaggots
11-08-2007, 09:54 AM
And I have butterflies.

Tombe
11-08-2007, 10:48 AM
Heima arrived from Amazon... but it contained 2 disc 2s and no disc 1s... and I can't send it back because I opened it.

Hvarf/Heim is sounding pretty amazing though.

jackbutt
11-08-2007, 10:57 AM
Wow, that sucks. I hope mine isn't like that.

WyldeGibsonPlyr
11-10-2007, 11:29 PM
I hear the new album is the bees-nees.

I have to pick it up soon.

Tsunoyukami
11-11-2007, 01:24 AM
I'm really, really very interested in the new album. I'm hoping to pick it up tomorrow.

starsnostars
11-11-2007, 12:20 PM
there are only a few new recordings on the new album, and most of those, they've been kicking around for years.

i wouldn't really call this an album at all, but a supplement to keep fans happy.

pigmaggots
11-13-2007, 07:41 AM
Yeah, you are right. But there are still some real sexy songs on there.

Ace Frehley
11-19-2007, 07:41 AM
Actually all the albums are great.Sigur Ros is a great band.You can search for the quartet that was playing the violins,chellos and stuff in their albums called "Amiina".They have made a nice album too.

starsnostars
11-20-2007, 12:06 AM
so does anyone know about the deluxe dvd coming out tomorrow?

beggars, where i preordered, is now saying dec 4th for both versions, but everywhere else is still saying tomorrow.

uhh_me?
11-20-2007, 03:58 AM
i got the dvd in the mail today...
i had no idea what it was being that the return label was from matador and i was pretty sure i hadn't ordered anything from them

i will probably watch it tomorrow.

starsnostars
11-20-2007, 08:47 AM
^where did you order it from?

jackbutt
11-20-2007, 11:01 AM
Sounds like he ordered it from Matador.

I can't wait for it to come in because I'm also getting those five free vinyls.

Tombe
11-20-2007, 11:28 AM
Heima and Hvarf/Heim are both amazing, Heima is just the most stunning and beautiful film ever and the performance of Untitled 8 at the end is incredible!

uhh_me?
11-20-2007, 09:06 PM
i'm pretty sure i ordered it from beggars. i'll check my emails right now.

ok, i can't find a receipt for it...strange

starsnostars
11-20-2007, 09:21 PM
really. that disappoints me even more.

jackbutt
11-20-2007, 09:30 PM
You and me, we'll make a trip to Beggars and kick their ass.

starsnostars
11-21-2007, 06:53 PM
I GOT MINE I GOT MINE I GOT MINE!!!

came with 3 postcards too.

jackbutt
11-21-2007, 08:17 PM
GAH! That's bull****! Mine better be there when I get home.

EDIT: I just called my mom. Apparently it came in yesterday (I had it shipped to my parent's house cause my neighborhood is a little sketch). No records though. Little bummed about that.

jiminizzle
11-22-2007, 11:44 PM
I'm gonna get a sigur ros album but i dunno what to get. I like everything I've heard from them from Svefn-g-englar to I Gaer. I'm thinking either () or the new release.

Any suggestions/quick reviews on them?

Tombe
11-23-2007, 08:24 AM
() is probably their best album but at the same time their least approachable, Takk and Hvarf/Heim are pretty good but if you're kind of new to them I'd recommend Agaetis Byrjun.

radio_schizo
11-23-2007, 08:40 AM
I heard my brothers Sigur Ros album the other day. I'm not sure if I like it, some songs were okay but generally I found the music a bit too euphoric. I guess it's pretty nice music to chill out to but I think I prefer the more apocalyptic/moody sounds and concepts of post-rock bands like GSY!BE and A Silver mt Zion.

jackbutt
11-24-2007, 07:17 PM
() is probably their best album but at the same time their least approachable

I think thats their worst album. Its so boring.

bah humbug
11-24-2007, 07:21 PM
i dled agaetis. wow... it is one of my favorites. now if only the lyrics were english...

Fugazirancid
11-24-2007, 07:38 PM
i dled agaetis. wow... it is one of my favorites. now if only the lyrics were english...

i'm glad they're not, honestly.

bah humbug
11-24-2007, 09:18 PM
^yeah. i just want some translations..

Fugazirancid
11-24-2007, 09:39 PM
^yeah. i just want some translations..

you can probably find them online. to elaborate on why i like not knowing, though, is that i like that it's so open to interpretation.

edit: http://www.alwaysontherun.net/sigur.htm#a2 <-- there are translations

Tsunoyukami
11-24-2007, 10:05 PM
I love how the lyrics are in Icelandic (and Hopelandic). It just creates such an ethereal soundscape.

My favourite album is definitely ( ) and then I can't really choose between Takk... and Ágætis Byrjun. I have yet to hear Von or Hvarf-Heim yet (I want both rather badly).

starsnostars
11-25-2007, 03:05 AM
I think thats their worst album. Its so boring.
hear hear

so my dvd looks like it came from matador too, but i haven't figured out why. also, i guess the postcard/stills that were packaged were something exclusive to beggars.

in the film, it's really nice the see the audience reaction to songs. both times i saw them, it was just a bunch of teenage kids dressed to impress. everyone looked bored until the band played hoppípolla, then they all started dancing like it was a phish concert. confused the hell out of me.

jackbutt
11-25-2007, 12:11 PM
Did anyone else get the special edition with the book?

I thought the pictures would be in a higher quality, but its still cool.

starsnostars
11-25-2007, 02:16 PM
i was thinking the same thing

fenderfreak101
11-26-2007, 12:32 AM
Does anyone have the Self-titled CD?

starsnostars
11-26-2007, 01:12 AM
i would like to know about this self-titled album?

fenderfreak101
11-26-2007, 08:22 PM
i would like to know about this self-titled album?

Maybe its not a self-titled CD, but I've been trying to find the CD with Untitled #1 on it, and the CD site I went to said it was off of a self-titled CD...

starsnostars
11-26-2007, 08:28 PM
whether it was intentional or not, the album has adopted the official name '( ) (http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/band/disco/parenth.php) '.

jackbutt
11-26-2007, 08:57 PM
But don't get it. Its not very good.

Well, if you have other albums, get it, cause its not bad. Its just not their best. Don't make it your only album.

starsnostars
11-26-2007, 09:08 PM
yeah, go with agætis byrjun, then move onto ( ),

WyldeGibsonPlyr
11-26-2007, 09:27 PM
How's the new album?

starsnostars
11-26-2007, 09:35 PM
it's not really an album. it's a double ep with one being old songs reworked acoustically, and the other being old songs reworked with some other songs that they've been kicking around for years thrown in.

if you're not really a sigur ros fan, don't bother with it. and if you're a casual fan, work on getting their back catalog first. but if you own two or more albums and love what you hear, it's worth checking out.

ph3n0m
12-04-2007, 03:42 AM
I love this band. :)

I'm hooked on Svefn-G-Englar, srsly.

pigmaggots
12-04-2007, 04:38 AM
Oh my god, im proper starting to get into them, new favourite band, yes!

Just wish their cds werent so expensive.

jackbutt
12-04-2007, 11:02 AM
Buy used. I think I've bought every single Sigur Ros album I have used except for the vinyl. But that was only $8.

pigmaggots
12-05-2007, 09:36 AM
I dont trust used though because they always have those lush cases...i dont want a wrecked case ahaha, how lame am i?!

uhh_me?
12-05-2007, 08:22 PM
suck it up and buy used. how often are you going to sit there with the case in your hands? i mean, even if it is broken it isn't worth crying over spilled milk.

jackbutt
12-05-2007, 09:11 PM
And even if its broken, most record stores will give you a new case (its not so hard to move the cd stuff from one case to another.

And if its scratched, they'll let you return it.

Plus, a lot of Sigur Ros cases are cardboard.

preludetowar
12-25-2007, 12:44 PM
I just got Heima by Sigur Ros. I sincerely reccomend it to any one who loves Sigur Ros's music to beatiful scenery. Iceland is such a beatiful place with amazing landscape.

Also, does anyone know where you can get the soundtrack from the movie Hlemmur? Sigur Ros did music for it and its truly a great piece of work.
Thanks.

Tsunoyukami
12-30-2007, 06:59 PM
I got Hvarf-Heim the other day and I must say that it is absolutely fantastic. I wanted to get it when it first came out but I couldn't find it anywhere (and even now it took some effort to find it).

However, the hunt was worth it. It's very, very tasty.

we do we do
01-01-2008, 07:49 AM
Track 1 on ( ) is so 1337.

plastic cups
01-01-2008, 08:58 AM
I just got Hvarf - Heim, pretty sweet stuff. My fav on that albums got to be Salka.

frd_marshll
01-02-2008, 03:41 AM
so pretty

Grimme
01-02-2008, 12:06 PM
What do you all think of the first album, Von?
I can't say I've ever really got into it apart from the odd track, it seems a lot more ambient than their later releases though.

fredzeskater
01-02-2008, 04:45 PM
sigur ros means sugar rose! :D:D lol

Broken_Drum
02-24-2008, 05:37 PM
Just got Takk... Haven't listened yet though. Was it worth my money?

sponj
02-24-2008, 05:49 PM
why don't you check it out by yourself? geez

Broken_Drum
02-24-2008, 05:50 PM
why don't you check it out by yourself? geez
I was just wondering. Plus I want to listen to it uninterrupted which I can't do now. geez.

gallagher2006
02-24-2008, 06:03 PM
( ) is practically orgasmic, and it's all I've got so far.

starsnostars
02-24-2008, 06:23 PM
the title of this thread should be "agætis byrjun should be the first sigur ros album you buy because it makes all the others sound like ****"

sponj
02-24-2008, 06:52 PM
I was just wondering. Plus I want to listen to it uninterrupted which I can't do now. geez.
asking us if it's worth it after you buy it is a dumb thing. plus it would probably interfere with YOUR opinion on the album