Rock N Roll High School

PDA

View Full Version : Rock N Roll High School

Punk Rocker
03-06-2006, 08:15 PM
Is there any possible way of seeing rock n roll high school? Would any video stores have it or somehting like that? For those who dont know its a movie about this high skool grl who likes the ramones and all this **** happens and it ends up with the ramones performing and ppl dancing and stuff.

misfitsdisciple
03-06-2006, 08:25 PM
i dont know, but im pissed, i went to blockbuster and they didnt have "The decline of western civilization" because it was only released on VHS.

CowsWithGuns
03-06-2006, 08:27 PM
I've seen Rock and Roll High School. When I was like 4 though. Google maybe.

jeeba jaba
03-06-2006, 08:46 PM
They just re-released it as a "Roger Corman Classic" they should have lots of copies pretty much anywhere that sells lots of DVD's. I got mine at best buy, but if that fails for you then half.com or ebay will have it so check there.

LoudnSnotty138
03-06-2006, 08:49 PM
dude its a pretty bad movie.

rayIII
03-06-2006, 09:11 PM
they had it at blockbuster last time i went

waldorphPRS41
03-06-2006, 09:54 PM
I got it at blockbuster about a year ago.

nickamon
03-06-2006, 11:33 PM
I've seen it available on DVD, so you must be able to buy or rent it from someplace.

RockThe40oz
03-07-2006, 01:07 AM
i dont know, but im pissed, i went to blockbuster and they didnt have "The decline of western civilization" because it was only released on VHS.

Bull...

It's out on DVD.. my local record store carries it.

pistoldisco
03-07-2006, 05:54 AM
I downloaded it, found it on ThePirateBay. Muwhaha.

texas78621
03-07-2006, 10:22 AM
Bull...

The Decline is out on dvd?? It's not a bootleg? This is odd, cos I was checking yesterday and it still isn't listed as being available.

damn-right!
03-07-2006, 11:03 AM
i brought rock n roll high school from HMV, had to order it in.

"do your parents know your ramones?!"

Andrewbiles
03-07-2006, 12:19 PM
It's a pretty bad film, borrowed it off a friend a couple of years ago and I'm sure I could've found a better way to spend that time.

rockeroller
03-07-2006, 12:47 PM
ive been wanting to see rock n roll highschool for a long time, but i heard its pretty dumb and narcissistic.

the glue man
03-07-2006, 01:31 PM
It's a stupid movie, but it's hilarious because of it. Like when Joey is singing to the girl, it's kind of disturbing.

hardrock1315
03-07-2006, 03:22 PM
I'm probably one of the world's biggest Ramones fan, and even I know that was a terrible movie. Blockbuster should have, they usually do.

johnnynemo
03-07-2006, 03:28 PM
The funniest story that I heard about the movie was that it took something like 20 takes to get Dum Dum to say "Oh boy, pizza! Let's eat !".

If you listen closely during that scene, he never does get the line right.

damn-right!
03-07-2006, 04:00 PM
It's a pretty bad film

He's got a point but I still enjoyed it, suburbia is a f*cking awful film, the actors are wooden, the angles are awful, i'd comment on the plot but i had trouble finding it and in general the whole thing is technically crap. It still makes it into my top twenty films though, its slighty charming in a gritty, inexperienced media student way. Same applys to rock n roll high school.

Zevious Zoquis
03-07-2006, 04:06 PM
Of course it's terrible. You were expecting Shakespeare perhaps? :D It's still great though.

damn-right!
03-07-2006, 04:08 PM
Of course it's terrible. You were expecting Shakespeare perhaps? :D It's still great though.

:D

misfitsdisciple
03-07-2006, 05:11 PM
Bull...

well, send me a copy... i'll pay.

Punk Rocker
03-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Thanx guys Ill look. I dotn care if it sux, I wasnt expectingit to be a masterpiece any way.

angusfenderbend
03-09-2006, 02:00 PM
i saw it at best buy the other day. its not hard to find at all.

havanna
03-10-2006, 12:06 PM
I have it. :D It does sorta suck, but it it quite amusing though. I don't know why, but I always crack up laughing when the Dee Dee shower-scene comes..

Oh and by the way, why can't Joey eat the pizza? I don't get it. :confused:

johnnynemo
03-10-2006, 02:23 PM
Because that's all he eats.
The manager is worried that Joey's gonna get sick, so he makes him eat wheat germ to stay healthy.

the glue man
03-10-2006, 09:38 PM
Wasn't it sour crout? All he could eat? eh, maybe I'm confusing it with something.

ohio_emokid
03-11-2006, 02:32 AM
yeah, the video rental at giant eagle where i live has it. i love that movie!!
"do your parents know you're ramones?!"
"..they're very ugly people..."

BrianApocalypse
03-11-2006, 01:45 PM
of course it's crap.

But it's worth seeing Dee Dee in the shower, and looking at P J Soles like she's crazy than him when she puts pizza in an envelope.

hard_rock101
03-11-2006, 02:21 PM
i checked it out from my local library, it was ok, but the part where the girl sings rock and roll high school made me want to shoot myself.

bucky_2300
03-11-2006, 02:23 PM
I was going to see it a while ago, but it looked kind of mediocre so I watched Scarface instead. I might rent it sometime, seeing as how I live within five minutes of a video store that has everything under the sun (Danish black comedies? Every Troma movie ever made? 8000 episodes of Mystery Science Theatre? They have it.) It's really nice - plus they have loads of punk flicks.

hard_rock101
03-11-2006, 02:34 PM
that sounds like an awesome video store. do they carry the decline series?

Punk Rocker
03-12-2006, 07:26 AM
Alrite guys I saw it finally. it was just a i expected.

BrianApocalypse
03-12-2006, 04:25 PM
i brought rock n roll high school from HMV, had to order it in.

"do your parents know your ramones?!"

really?

christ. I got mine from there and they had about 5 or 6 copies for about 3.99.

This was in the classic days of punk (about 18 months ago) though, so it's not the new dvd version.

Anyone else find Kate Rambo's glasses sexy?

Manos15
03-12-2006, 05:58 PM
8000 episodes of Mystery Science Theatre? They have it.)

Lucky...I cant find much MST3K :( around here

****PUNKER****
03-25-2006, 02:43 PM
Ramones!!!!!!!!
Yeahhhhhh :d :d :d

Holy Magenta
06-03-2006, 10:57 PM
The funniest story that I heard about the movie was that it took something like 20 takes to get Dum Dum to say "Oh boy, pizza! Let's eat !".

If you listen closely during that scene, he never does get the line right.

And he sounds like such a cheeseball when he says it, too.

Holy Magenta
06-03-2006, 10:58 PM
Oh, and my favorite part is when the kids are taking over the school and that one guy turns a picture of that guy around and then the back of his head is there.

texas78621
06-03-2006, 11:12 PM
I saw Penelope on tv a couple of nights ago, and she was talking about releasing The Decline on dvd later this year. Let's hope. It will be interesting to see what kind of extras she adds.

I was working at Slash when the Decline was released; I went through my old stuff and found the Decline poster that we had up in the house (ripped, but still amazing) but I couldn't find the video or the soundtrack. :(

opivy21
06-04-2006, 12:21 AM
I saw Penelope on tv a couple of nights ago, and she was talking about releasing The Decline on dvd later this year. Let's hope. It will be interesting to see what kind of extras she adds.

I was working at Slash when the Decline was released; I went through my old stuff and found the Decline poster that we had up in the house (ripped, but still amazing) but I couldn't find the video or the soundtrack. :(
Was it on the Rollins Show? Cuz that was a great episode with her and John Doe. I'd heard that it hadn't been released yet because Greg Ginn didn't want it out or something like that, but then in the interview with Penelope, she said that it was only because she was putting final touches on it. Whatever the reason is, I hope it gets out soon.

I loved that story Penelope told Rollins about how she was talking to Ginn and his girlfriend thought that she was coming on to him and started hitting Penelope, so Ginn punched his girlfriend in the face. That came out badly, but if you saw it, then you know what I'm talking about.

ratm16
06-04-2006, 12:26 AM
i see it at best buy all the time. they even have it for PSP

texas78621
06-04-2006, 12:39 AM
Was it on the Rollins Show? Cuz that was a great episode with her and John Doe. I'd heard that it hadn't been released yet because Greg Ginn didn't want it out or something like that, but then in the interview with Penelope, she said that it was only because she was putting final touches on it. Whatever the reason is, I hope it gets out soon.

I loved that story Penelope told Rollins about how she was talking to Ginn and his girlfriend thought that she was coming on to him and started hitting Penelope, so Ginn punched his girlfriend in the face. That came out badly, but if you saw it, then you know what I'm talking about.

Yep, that was it. I was trying to figure out if I knew who it was she was talking about... It was just weird to see Penelope with blond hair.

Rat, I don't know know if you mean the Decline or Rock and Roll High School? The Decline has never released on dvd that I know of, though the Decline II or III may have been.

IlikeTheSKA
06-04-2006, 02:19 AM
Rebel High, anyone?

Hahaha.

Red-Rockabilly
06-04-2006, 02:50 AM
anyone know jow i can get Wild Zero?

BrianApocalypse
06-04-2006, 10:47 AM
I heard that the Ramones turned down a bizarre idea for a sequel in the early 90's.

the glue man
06-04-2006, 08:22 PM
Yep, that was it. I was trying to figure out if I knew who it was she was talking about... It was just weird to see Penelope with blond hair.

Rat, I don't know know if you mean the Decline or Rock and Roll High School? The Decline has never released on dvd that I know of, though the Decline II or III may have been.

I don't think the third one is out on VHS. I think it was only at one of those film festivals, which is bull****.

somepunkkid
06-05-2006, 12:41 AM

anyone see the irony in that

Anywys... Dont bother. Rock N Roll High School sucked

on a lighter note my gas smells like hot topic

seannufan
06-05-2006, 06:05 PM
I got "Decline of the Western Civilization" off of a torrent site, so when you are looking for an out of print movie those sites are good places to look. (I think they might be illegal though)

waterproofpie
06-05-2006, 07:03 PM
I had a dream a couple weeks ago that my school took a field trip to the outskirts of New York City, leaning more towards the Long Island side, where there was a Ramones museum.
and "You can't put your arms around a memory" was playing in the background the whole time

Then I realized I had watched A New York Doll documentary WAY too many times.

pinheadslts75
06-05-2006, 07:37 PM
Dude, I'm a Ramones nut, but this movie was fucking awful.

GreenDayChris
06-06-2006, 04:07 PM

IMO it's one of those movies that's so incredibly naff that it somehow becomes magically good.
Kinda like The Sound Of Music.

somepunkkid
06-06-2006, 07:16 PM
^no the sound of music was actually a well made movie

Rock and roll highschool is just a long music video

ma)(payne
06-06-2006, 10:48 PM
It's a great movie, and if you go to a fair size album/dvd store they should have it.

the glue man
06-07-2006, 12:36 AM
I got "Decline of the Western Civilization" off of a torrent site, so when you are looking for an out of print movie those sites are good places to look. (I think they might be illegal though)

Which one? Because I got the first half of the first Decline movie and I can't get the second part. It stops during the band Catholic Discipline plays and talks.

BrianApocalypse
06-07-2006, 10:11 AM
I had a dream a couple weeks ago that my school took a field trip to the outskirts of New York City, leaning more towards the Long Island side, where there was a Ramones museum.
and "You can't put your arms around a memory" was playing in the background the whole time

There's a Ramones museum in Berlin, which is pretty appropriate.

I haven't been there though, which is a shame.

GreenDayChris
06-07-2006, 01:38 PM
^no the sound of music was actually a well made movie

Rock and roll highschool is just a long music video

Meh, I like 'em both. :p:

G.I.R.L
06-07-2006, 01:45 PM
Rock 'N' Roll High School is awesome! It's so bad it's good.

ScummerVacation
06-08-2006, 07:10 AM
This movie sucked so bad, I havnt even watched it and I know it sucks. And the fact that it was so bad I have never even seen it, made me not even want to click on the thread. Jesus, that is bad.

texas78621
06-09-2006, 11:11 PM
So, was it, like, bad?

Holy Magenta
06-10-2006, 11:48 AM

Yeah, but it's a so-bad-it's-good cult movie.

ScummerVacation
06-10-2006, 09:37 PM
Yeah, but it's a so-bad-it's-good cult movie.

No it's not, its the so bad, bad bad kinda bad.

misfitsdisciple
06-12-2006, 11:00 PM

One time seeing that movie is too many.