BOTM - MARCH - Azriel

PDA

View Full Version : BOTM - MARCH - Azriel

StuartR
03-09-2006, 06:02 PM
Well theres not much I can write about them as their Bio only consists of 2 lines.
They come from Glasgow, Scotland and are signed to Thirty Days Of Night the same label as The Nothing, Abigail Williams and Bring Me The Horizon. The first pressing of their EP Burn Illusionary Night has sold out and has now been re-pressed with different packaging on TDON.

Azriel
Burn Illusionary Night
Thirty Days of Night Records 2005-11-04

I first heard Azriel back in February 2005; they were supporting now label mates The Nothing at a small club in Hull.

Azriel play a melodic breed of metal and hardcore they?re from Glasgow and most definitely are one of the UK metal scenes brightest hopes. Needless to say when the CD arrived at my house in the post I had high expectations.

The CD begins with a track called ??the floodgates open?? it begins with some spoken word before hurling a full assault at the listener, vocalist Muzz really stands out on this track making the listener beg for more!

The track Hollow man is a fast paced technical number with some heavy breakdowns before the song mellows into a bridge part where Muzz screaming ?why threaten, when you could kill so much fast?? over and over before picking back up at full speed for the rest of the number.

Artorius is definitely the stand out track from the CD for me personally starting off with some technical riffage from guitarists before the song breaks down into an all out mosh part, the song clearly is about fighting, the line ??we march towards the horizon with our banners raised?? is delivered with such power it sends tingles through your entire body

??So longing to Understand, Or at least get a grasp of what you?ve done?? are the words delivered to you at the beginning of the song A whisper in The Storm the song is short fast and technical and don?t forget the absolutely breathtaking melodic part as the song nears an end. This song is a complete epic if only it could have lasted longer!

The CD closes with the track ??in perfect days?? which is an epic slice of metal delivered to you with such power and feeling it will leave you longing for more. The song begins with an amazing breakdown that sets the scene for this track the vocals again really stand out on this track especially in the bridge part of the song where we receive another spoken word part, maybe this is cliché of the genre but it works so well. The song closes with a huge sounding outro and as the EP ends in a chorus of screams you are left begging for more

All in all this CD is a must have for all fans of UK underground metal, in fact for any fans of metal whatsoever this offering is definitely not to be missed, so get over to
Www.myspace.com/azriel and order the CD. You wont be disappointed.

David
xAndyx
Gary
Dom
Niall

http://myspace-411.vo.llnwd.net/00528/11/43/528543411_l.jpg

http://www.hxcmp3.com/azriel
http://www.myspace.com/azriel

PiNk_ThE_pUnK
03-09-2006, 06:16 PM
Thanks for doing this on such short notice Stuart.

Azriel are a pretty good band, i've seen them once down here and enjoyed them live. Didn't have enough cash to pick up the CD but i'm sure I have a few MP3's laying around.

Good to see a UK band as BOTM for a change aswell.

:cheers:

StuartR
03-09-2006, 06:22 PM
I'll send you some more mp3s tomorrow, my mate has the cd just now.

Craigo
03-13-2006, 11:37 AM
Bring Me The Horizon... Meh. Never liked those guys - horrible stuff. These guys seem alright though.

emop
03-25-2006, 10:16 PM
great band, great guys. going to see them 2moro at 'chuck norris fest'.

StuartR
03-28-2006, 07:19 PM
Some vids;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efor5zRI6zo&search=azriel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQWRKNw7UmQ&search=azriel

Itsme
04-25-2006, 08:50 AM
Bring Me The Horizon are signed to Visible Noise :S

onlyonehere
04-25-2006, 09:09 AM
Ah brilliant. Been a semi-minor fan of this band for a while, their EP has actually been on my list of things to buy forever. Cheers :)

StuartR
04-26-2006, 02:31 PM
Bring Me The Horizon are signed to Visible Noise :S

They were signed to TDON first :D

fourstringpunk
04-29-2006, 07:08 PM
buy there EP

theyre amazing

im seeig them at the thrity days of night all dayer

and im wearing one of their tshirts right now

love em

Emergency?
05-12-2007, 03:48 PM
Someone Tab Hollow Man

guitarwannabe16
05-12-2007, 08:22 PM
God I love this band, but i cant download any of their stuff.

fourstringpunk
05-13-2007, 09:34 AM
They were signed to TDON first :D

No they weren't.

They were signed to "Crusade Records" first.

StuartR
05-13-2007, 05:58 PM
They were so, the whole reason TDON was set-up was to release the BMTH EP, plus the version on Crusade is a re-release with new art.

chipfouse
05-09-2008, 04:12 PM
i agree with Emergency? someone should tab hollow man, or the infected, i would but tbh im awful at tabbing.

Craigo
05-09-2008, 04:13 PM
Where the hell did this come from?

'StoleN'
05-10-2008, 11:17 AM
Azriel is wonderful.
Burn Illusionary Light is great.
A Will of Fire is really good, not as good as their EP though.

HelpTravesty
05-10-2008, 11:54 AM
These guys are great, thanks for putting this up.

Remind me a little of Underoath with some Final Fight (flame shield up?)

'StoleN'
05-10-2008, 03:06 PM
These guys are great, thanks for putting this up.

Remind me a little of Underoath with some Final Fight (flame shield up?)

Underoath, what?

HelpTravesty
05-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Underoath, what?
Its just what came into my mind when I heard them.

'StoleN'
05-10-2008, 04:56 PM
Its just what came into my mind when I heard them.

That's quite interesting.
Since Azriel sounds nothing like underoath.