Bon Scott and Fraternity (pre AC/DC) video

PDA

View Full Version : Bon Scott and Fraternity (pre AC/DC) video

VoodooChild15
03-12-2006, 12:48 PM
Stumbled upon this and thought you might be interested. It's kind of surreal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzqJe-SFhCc&search=bon%20scott

EDIT: Upon further examination of the search results, I also found this clip of a pre-Bon AC/DC with Dave Evans on vocals. Be very thankful they found Bon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keqiUyztBqI&search=bon%20scott

6stringwizard
03-12-2006, 12:56 PM
dave evans for some reason reminds me of david lee roth, that may just be me though, in that video ac/dc has such a different air about them, more bluesy pop-rock, rather than the hard rock band that they are now, some of them dressed like hippies, definately not the ac/dc than i know and love, but it was kind of interesting seeing them this way

VoodooChild15
03-12-2006, 01:00 PM
Don't get me wrong, I liked the way the band was, just not Dave Evans. He's got that annoying generic hard rock frontman air about him.

sirbiznatch007
03-12-2006, 01:01 PM
I love Fraternity! Bon Scott was really good with them. My favourite songs by them are: Cool Spot, Livestock, Hemming's Farm, Annabelle, and Welfare Boogie. I am not a big fan of "Seasons of Change" (the song in that video), but I like the video. Bon's got some cool facial hair.

Yeah, thank God they got rid of Dave Evans. Bon was a million times better.

TimiHendrix33
03-12-2006, 02:02 PM
Is he playing a recorder?

Messer
03-12-2006, 02:10 PM
Thats cool.

TheUltimateSin
03-12-2006, 02:48 PM

That's one of the little secrets. Bon Scott played the recorder. Some people think it gave him a bad rep. I personally think that he is the only person I have ever known to play the recorder and still look cool. I mean, when you think "recorder", I'm sure most of you picture that wimpy little pile of an instrument that was played in elemetary school band that no one could possibly look cool while playing. But Bon, he was still cool. But that's probably because he was Bon f*ckin' Scott. He could have played the triangle for all I care. He was still an amazing frontman.

But, I digress...

Bmm386
03-12-2006, 04:07 PM
I've seen that.

Bon scott is still a badass.

ufossuck
03-12-2006, 04:24 PM
That was one of the, at least, three instruments he could play. He also played Bagpipes, which he did in a bagpiping band that he was in before AC/DC, they were in the video for "It's a Long Way to the Top." He played drums too, he was the drummer and vocalist for The Valentines and often played drums while writing songs with Angus and Malcolom.

r3turn0
05-08-2006, 10:07 PM
Bon Scott and Fraternity CD

I have in my possession a cd with 16 of their songs. I aquired it from a german engineer working in the United States in OCT 2000 while at a wreck on Hwy 35W
in Ft Worth Texas. I am putting these songs on Lime Wire, feel free to search them out and enjoy.thx, r3turn0 :cool:

rayIII
05-10-2006, 08:22 PM
dave evans actually wasn't that bad

however, IMO they wouldnt have been as famous as they were without bon's famous voice

ufossuck
05-10-2006, 11:15 PM
Dave Evans is pretty good, actually. Not as good as Bon, but who is? Mark Evans was crrepy looking and who the devil was playing drums?

Dave Evans is a whole hell of a lot better than Brian Johnsen. Why didn't they just bring him back?

acdc101
05-13-2006, 04:04 PM
^ Dave Evans is **** compared to Brian Johnson. He doesn't fit in with Ac/Dc at all, he looks like he should be in a glam band, and his voice just doesn't seem right, imagine him singing Highway to Hell.

ThePurpleRabbit
05-13-2006, 04:29 PM
Dave is good.

but... yes, he is Shait compared to Brian.

And thanks for the videos!