Gig tomorrow: rate the setlist!

PDA

View Full Version : Gig tomorrow: rate the setlist!

d_man2k
03-17-2006, 01:48 PM
Hey guys. My band 'Mr. Chips' (yes, after the yellow guy from Catchphrase) have a gig tomorrow, and I want you to rate the setlist!
It ain't some stupid kiddie bash with queer emos. Bear this in mind when you rate it.

YOU DO SOMETHING TO ME - Paul Weller
YELLOW - Coldplay
SUPERSTITION - Stevie Wonder
GOLDEN TOUCH - Razorlight
BROWN EYED GIRL - Van Morrison
YOU REALLY GOT ME - The Kinks
SAW HER STANDING THERE - The Beatles
AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET - Bachman Turner Overdrive
HARD DAYS NIGHT - The Beatles
I PREDICT A RIOT - Kaiser Chiefs
ALL THESE THINGS - The Killers
VERTIGO - U2
GROWING ON ME - The Darkness
WALK OF LIFE - Dire Straits
CROCODILE ROCK - Elton John
I'M A BELIEVER - The Monkees
TWIST AND SHOUT - The Beatles
SOUL MAN - James Brown
LAST NITE - The Strokes
ROCKIN' ALL OVER WORLD - Status Quo

EDIT: If we get asked to do an encore, we were thinking about doing Buck Rogers by Feeder, because everyone knows it (we have done it before, and everyone sings the CD PLAYER PLAYER PLAYER PLAYER!!!! bit, and it's a great feeling when people sing along to your songs!).

PedalPointRocks
03-17-2006, 02:00 PM
not sure what kind of clubs you play but we would get killed trying to play that Stuff.
I also hate EMO crap, we usually play anything from Ted Nudent, Skynard, to Tool & Crossfade. Also 20 songs thats about a set and a half.

PedalPointRocks
03-17-2006, 02:01 PM
P.S I love the beatles songs though. They are my favorite band, coo coo cachoo

Shorrock
03-17-2006, 02:03 PM
Nice set list. If you were playing a local club down my end i would defantly come to watch.

Where are you playing may i ask? (pub/club etc)

Zamboni
03-17-2006, 02:13 PM
That's quite the list. I can't complain about the songs themselves, but the sheer number of them may be cause for concern.

PedalPointRocks
03-17-2006, 02:15 PM
I love Zamboni:) he is so smart

imdwalrus
03-17-2006, 04:26 PM
pretty cool list.

if your band knows so many songs, you should start writing your own.

but yes, pretty good list.

PooKoo
03-17-2006, 04:39 PM
no killers and no strokes, Noone, i repeat NOONE likes them.

edit, ok that might be a little closeminded. But either way, i advise you not to play them.

Jaimz
03-17-2006, 04:47 PM
no killers and no strokes, Noone, i repeat NOONE likes them.

I don't particularly like the killers, but i know loads of people who do. And just imagine the sing along they'll get on the 'I've got soul but I'm not a soldier' section. That is a very good choice.

Nice mix of songs, some of them i wouldnt know myself so i'd probably find bits of it a bit boring but theres the odd popular one which will get the crowd going. And Stevie Wonder? Very ambitious, i like it. Good luck.

d_man2k
03-19-2006, 11:09 AM
Thanks guys.

The gig was a real success! Judging by the amount of compliments we got afterwards, eveyone liked it ^_^ And I don't think anyone left the dancefloor after Golden Touch. We also got a friend to operate a smoke machine in You Do Something to Me. Was pretty atmospheric!

My highlights were:

Everyone singing along in Kaiser Chiefs; the "I got soul but I'm not a soldier" bit in Killers; Everyone in the crowd shouting "Ola!!" in Vertigo; my solos in Growing on me which I think went pretty well; everyone in the crowd singing along to Crocodile Rock, and our final song Rockin' All Over the World went down really well, we just carried the outro on for ages and everyone was going nuts!! We then did Buck Rogers for an encore, and we ended up doing Walk of Life again at the end because everyone wanted us to. I'm very pleased with how it went. :)

PS: We were playing in Berkshire, SE England.