Better things to do.

PDA

View Full Version : Better things to do.

les_kris
03-19-2006, 01:06 PM
So my band T.M.D. have been together for a little bit now, But in the last few months our rhytgm guitarist has gotten more and more unreliable. Today he ****ed off to a theme park with a bunch of little girls, never telling the rest of us. I have wasted most of a day waiting for him, only to find out where hes gone, and this isnt the first time.
I want to know if there is a way to put him in his place so to speak for ditching us, something that will nip it in the bud so to speak?

TechnicolorBoy
03-19-2006, 01:25 PM
Never speak to him again.

Sixpounder
03-19-2006, 01:26 PM
Tell him that hes not in your band unless he starts taking it more seriously

the_caretaker
03-19-2006, 01:26 PM
It'd be kind of funny if he ran off somewhere (say a theme park again) and you played a gig there and he ran into you playing; may mess with his mind. To me, a band is kind of like a relationship and if he runs off to leave you high and dry that would be considered cheating. So, to get back at him you could play a gig without him to seem like your band is kind of cheating on him. get it? or am I not making sense... Anyways, the easier thing to do, if he isn't your friend, just kick him out and get another person on rythym if you really need to.

KENZI
03-19-2006, 07:40 PM
tell him to give you a heads up in the future and not just piss off and ditch you

Big Toe III
03-20-2006, 10:26 AM
Hanging out with girls or hanging out with hairy arsed musicians. I can see the dilemma! lol!

One benefit about playing guitar and being in a band is that girls will take more interest. If he dosen't turn up to the rehearsals his playing will not improve so in the long run the girls will lose interest. Tell him to get serious.

joic3389
03-20-2006, 10:30 AM
Tell him your getting a backup for him since he's not ars*ed but do it in a nice way, like "hey dude since you'v been busy and that lately i asked one of guy's if they would do stand in for you now and then" if you say it like its not an issue it'll freak him out and he might buck his idea's up. plus if he misses another practice just lie and say "oh its ok coz so-so stood in for you and he came up with this really cool lead etc ect....

stringmagician
03-22-2006, 12:41 AM
tell him that hes out of the band, but don't actually intend to kick him out. he'll either be like, "****! ill come to the next practice" (and let him obviously) or he'll be like "oh, okay" in which case he'll come back in a week or two