Crass

PDA

View Full Version : Crass

llanafreak44
03-19-2006, 10:03 PM
Do yall know if crass still does gigs, or did someone die or someting?

Warm-And-Fuzzy
03-19-2006, 10:05 PM
>_<
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crass

llanafreak44
03-19-2006, 10:08 PM
oh yeah fergot about the o so famous wiki

planetary ruins
03-19-2006, 10:22 PM
i saw gee vaucher do some spoken word **** at a SF art show and she sang "where next columbus"

But obviously crass doesnt play anymore.But Steve ignorant is in a sick hardcore anarcho crust band called thought crime that plays alot.

LoudnSnotty138
03-20-2006, 12:13 AM
I read they did on a web site but it had to be a lie. but yeah check out thought crime good stuff.

JohnnyNapalm
03-20-2006, 12:15 AM
Anyone have a link for this Thought Crime?

Steve Ignorant? Anarcho Crust Band? Sounds good to me.

LoudnSnotty138
03-20-2006, 12:24 AM
check your pms johnny.

planetary ruins
03-20-2006, 01:19 AM
Heres 1 song its hardcore anarcho with a very slight crust feel so dont expect some extreme noise terror ,has a very discharge feel

http://s13.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1ED5IMDOB4CH028MXHA7M8WMHM

raise_the_dead
05-22-2006, 03:31 AM
I just read their bio on their label website, and now I have a lot of respect for them. They did a lot for their ideals.

MattTheArsonist
05-22-2006, 08:14 AM
Not to offend anyone, but what's with sending links to other sites when to answer peoples' questions? The point of the forum is to discuss it the question, not send the person to another site so it never gets discussed. =P

opivy21
05-22-2006, 09:33 AM
Not to offend anyone, but what's with sending links to other sites when to answer peoples' questions? The point of the forum is to discuss it the question, not send the person to another site so it never gets discussed. =P
In this case, wikipedia can probably give a better answer than anybody on this board can give.

raise_the_dead
05-22-2006, 10:17 AM

Well if the person only gives a link, then i agree. But often the link can be more helpful in explaining something than whatever the person posts, so yeah. Besides, here the person was giving a link to a song, so that doesn't really count.

Back to topic.

MattTheArsonist
05-22-2006, 05:49 PM
Wasn't he giving him/her a link to Wikipedia?

Warm-And-Fuzzy
05-22-2006, 07:39 PM
Wasn't he giving him/her a link to Wikipedia?

I posted a link.
Like back in March.

When I'm too lazy to answer a question, I'll just send over a link where you can find it.
(Why ask us questions, when you can find them in 4 seconds on Google, or Wikipedia?)

whyvern
05-23-2006, 01:50 AM
I like Crass... well, I like the idea of Crass more than the music.

Riotface
05-25-2006, 07:11 PM
Crass broke up in '84, Steve Ignorant went and played with Conflict for a bit though. I don't know if he still does.

Crass is awesome though, along with other anarcho peace-punk like A//Political and Antisect.

pinheadslts75
05-25-2006, 08:26 PM
I love Crass. The music is interesting and creative, but the lyrics are what makes it great.

Obviously, they don't play shows. I loved the honesty they had in the statement they made about promising to brake up in 84'.

LoudnSnotty138
05-26-2006, 12:15 AM
Crass broke up in '84, Steve Ignorant went and played with Conflict for a bit though. I don't know if he still does.

Crass is awesome though, along with other anarcho peace-punk like A//Political and Antisect.

thanks for the history lesson.

the glue man
05-26-2006, 12:38 AM
I know some people that live their lives by what Crass says, I think it's kind of dumb..

They have some great songs though, and some really trippy ones.

RockThe40oz
05-26-2006, 12:41 AM
Screamin' Babies... Screamin' Babies... Screamin' Babies... Screamin' Babies... Screamin' Babies... Screamin' Babies... Screamin' Babies... Screamin' Babies... Screamin' Babies...

SHAVED WOMEN, COLLABORATORS... SHAVED WOMEN, ARE THEY TRAITORS?

Screamin' Babies... Screamin' Babies... Screamin' Babies... Screamin' Babies... Screamin' Babies... Screamin' Babies... Screamin' Babies... Screamin' Babies... Screamin' Babies... Screamin' Babies...

misfitsdisciple
05-27-2006, 05:55 PM
"THE PARSONS, dont like the planet, dont like the music, dont like the words, dont like the sentiments."
--hurry up garry (crass)

gotta love songs that make fun of older songs.

raise_the_dead
05-21-2007, 07:33 AM
Screamin' Babies... Screamin' Babies... Screamin' Babies... Screamin' Babies... Screamin' Babies... Screamin' Babies... Screamin' Babies... Screamin' Babies... Screamin' Babies...

SHAVED WOMEN, COLLABORATORS... SHAVED WOMEN, ARE THEY TRAITORS?

Screamin' Babies... Screamin' Babies... Screamin' Babies... Screamin' Babies... Screamin' Babies... Screamin' Babies... Screamin' Babies... Screamin' Babies... Screamin' Babies... Screamin' Babies...

That song kicks ass, but I really don't understand what it's about. Is it about women who subject themselves to society's ideals and thereby betraying their gender? Or is it about girls who slept with Nazis during WWII? After all they were collaborators, and their heads were shaved when the Allies liberated them again..

jdallman
05-21-2007, 09:11 AM
Crass was cool...all hippie style with the vegan philosophy....that's pretty cool to me. Very anti-establishment...

BrianApocalypse
05-21-2007, 09:25 AM
Hippies aren't cool.

I would have beaten up a hippy the other week, but his friend is 7" and I didn't have any suitable weapons.

neidnarb11890
05-21-2007, 03:48 PM
Whoa, this is a pretty old thread.
But anyways, Crass f*cking owns! "Big A Little A" is probably my favorite song. And "Feeding of the 5000" is one of my favorite albums ever. Every song on that album is awesome.