Starting a Blues/Rock/Country band

PDA

View Full Version : Starting a Blues/Rock/Country band

The Master Plan
03-19-2006, 11:33 PM
Im starting a Blues/Rock/Country band So far Ive only got one other person with me a drummer and me (Lead Guitar possibly vocals). I've yet to find a bassist and me and the drummer havent jammed yet, because hes still learing some stuff. Heres one question to drummers out there when you jam with someone what do you do, do you just make a tempo and the guitarist fills in? Also down here almost all the bands here are freaking emo bands how would we cut thru all those band ,because I never see any blue/etc bands? How would I go around to find a blues bassists, most of the people that play are into emo/heavy metal?

Thx for reading this.

SomeEvilDude
03-20-2006, 05:17 PM
Yeah, you got it pretty much spot-on for the guitar/drum thing, but I would suggest no solos as it would sound pretty empty without a bass. Maybe learn a couple of easy, rhythm based songs and jam them round a few times.

As for the bassist, what you have to remember, is that in the mainstream scene, there's only hardcore/emo/whatever bassists, but (just like you) there's people who aren't exceptionally well known and do want to play different styles.
Just put an ad up in the paper, or local music shop, or even on lamposts or whatever. Make sure you state what kind of music you're wanting to play, that way it narrows it down to the people who you're looking for.

The Master Plan
03-20-2006, 07:09 PM
Ok thanks for the info its greatly apreciated