Crowd Pleasing

PDA

View Full Version : Crowd Pleasing

Phatty
03-20-2006, 03:38 PM
Hey.

What do you guys do at gigs or performances that the crowd love?

I know you can play guitar with one hand.

What other things do you do that the crowd love?

SG thrasher
03-20-2006, 03:48 PM
wank into the crowd

HuskerDu
03-20-2006, 03:50 PM
Play well.

No stunts are going to make up for a bad performance.

SG thrasher
03-20-2006, 03:56 PM
Play well.

No stunts are going to make up for a bad performance.

Apart from wanking into the crowd.

terrencemaddox
03-20-2006, 04:30 PM
Well the dude ablove who said playing well is your best bet is right...but if you are looking for something extra try quoting some famous melodies in your solos...people love to hear something they recognize. Its always been a popular method for jazz guitarists.

TimePheonix
03-20-2006, 04:34 PM
^^ you can knock it off with the wanking thing anytime.

try jumping up and down to get the crowd going. depending on what style of music you're playing, you could try headbanging while playing. but like HuskerDu said, no stunts are going to make up for a bad performance.

~timepheonix

Caressing Death
03-20-2006, 04:35 PM
Apart from wanking into the crowd.
True... true...
Make sure you talk to the crowd. Maybe even talk to a specific person and find out there interests. make a few jokes and stuff... goes down well with the ladies...

TimePheonix
03-20-2006, 04:36 PM
^ nah i wouldnt tell jokes. you're up there to play music, its not comedy time.

nightwind
03-20-2006, 04:41 PM
^ Not necessarily. You could be up their as entertainers, with music being your main bit. Unless people came to LISTEN to your music specifically, everyone loves a good show.

jesusgonewrong
03-20-2006, 04:47 PM
Bring lapdancers on halfway through. That'd kick many an arse....

Dan Steinman
03-20-2006, 04:53 PM
Play dynamic music--you know, stuff with a lot of contrast of intensity. This is especially important while soloing. You don't want to sound like you're just noodling for 16 bars, make your solos meaningful. A solo should have a beginning, middle, and end. And don't make them longer than they need to be. Give the people one coherent musical idea and move on. Listen to Stevie Ray Vaughn: great at dynamic contrast, and plays meaningful, tasteful solos. And Joe Satriani is definitely a guy who can work an audience.

Phatty
03-20-2006, 05:05 PM
Cheers for everything so far.

Also, I agree that to play the best you can would please the crowd, but in my opinion a band playing amazingly well that just stands still for a full performance, not making any movement would not be as loved as a band who can put energy into the crowd.

Its even like most sports, the crowd loves show boating. Thats just why I was wondering about good tips and tricks for this.

SilentDeftone
03-20-2006, 05:17 PM
*moved*

-SD :dance: