Aerosmith Bummer :(

PDA

View Full Version : Aerosmith Bummer :(

Mamakin1973
03-21-2006, 04:30 PM
Looks like the rest of the tour is cancelled. Sorry for alll you guys that were supposed to see em. This is what was posted on the fan club message board.

OK, please dont shoot the messenger!!

Just got off the phone with someone very close to the crew and have been advised that the crew has been dispatched to their homes. The tour is over. No specific details as to why, but it is over.

Dont know when an official announcement will be made but wanted to give you all a heads up. As someone who had to cancel travel arrangements for 2 shows last week and has reservations for 2 addl shows I know whats its like getting all those cancellations taken care of.

Hopefully we will know more soon!

SGeerdes2112
03-21-2006, 04:40 PM
I can one up you

I had tickets to Aerosmith a couple of years ago and i was really excited because they were 7th row seats. The venue was by Norfolk, Va (a.k.a an extremely important Naval base) Guess the date of the concert:

September 11, 2001

Needless to say the concert was cancelled. double whammy right there

Mamakin1973
03-21-2006, 04:44 PM
Damn that sucks well atleast I got my show in for this tour :-\.

SGeerdes2112
03-21-2006, 04:46 PM
its straight, i eventually saw them

bobtrack
03-21-2006, 08:12 PM
Man I just heard this too, I had 3rd row seats for the Edmonton show. Any word on a reschedual?

fenderfreak101
03-21-2006, 08:24 PM
haha,
'
already saw em' :cool:

the_experience
03-21-2006, 09:43 PM
What the hell is wrong with Steve Tyler? Is he extremely sick? Because he missed the one show due to illness did he not?

EDIT: that is the reason it's been cancelled right?

slinks
03-21-2006, 10:01 PM
Serious sickness brought on by subpar ticket sales would be my guess. ;)

janmerc
03-21-2006, 10:26 PM
hello everyone""'

OMGIZZLEZ
03-21-2006, 11:30 PM
i heard on the radio, from this lady DJ thats apparently talked to a Aerosmith groupie, that Steven Tyler has been having extreme chest pains, idk if its true or not though

Mamakin1973
03-22-2006, 12:24 AM
New info....

AEROSMITH have been forced to cancel the remaining dates on the fifth leg of their "Rockin' the Joint" sold-out North American tour (which has been ongoing since October 2005) in order for lead singer Steven Tyler to have surgery. Despite AEROSMITH's desire to keep the tour going as long as possible, Tyler's doctors advised him not to continue performing to give his voice time to recover. Tyler will be on total vocal rest and can not perform for an extended period of time. AEROSMITH ? Tyler, Joe Perry, Brad Whitford, Tom Hamilton and Joey Kramer ? apologize and regret any inconvenience to their fans. The band is now on hiatus but look forward to being back in the saddle with a new album and new tour dates.
====================================================================

Recovery time is expected to be about 6-8 weeks. After this, Tyler will come out swinging....by ****in laying down some of the best and strongest tracks on the new album. Then, if all is to be believed.....we'll get to see them late fall with the Crue. Best guess as for release of new album = early '07

Ps- its not cancer...or the bird flu you morons. The only bird flu around here are from some of you eating too much KFC. Jesus.

This is a blessing in disguise.....

wilty00
03-22-2006, 07:27 PM
Serious sickness brought on by subpar ticket sales would be my guess. ;)
Yeah 'cause the whole tour wasn't sold out.

TimiHendrix33
03-22-2006, 07:31 PM
I can one up you

I had tickets to Aerosmith a couple of years ago and i was really excited because they were 7th row seats. The venue was by Norfolk, Va (a.k.a an extremely important Naval base) Guess the date of the concert:

September 11, 2001

Needless to say the concert was cancelled. double whammy right there

There are words for this......"OWN3D"

But Still,I hope Tyler makes it out alright,and they keep touring,bucause it's not really Aerosmith without Tyler.

JSguitars2
03-24-2006, 01:38 PM
Heck, i worked their concert in Grand Rapids, MI. Steven got his little "dice" crotch ornament thingy-ma-bob stolen and he went psychotic on the entire crew afterwords for a good 2 hours...while i stood out in the 40 degree soaking rain waiting for the bus to leave so i could stop guarding it....maybe it was canceled cause he's crazy...

AustinPrince13
04-21-2006, 05:01 PM
i am pretty pissed, it was going to be my first aerosmith concert and it got canceled Damn!!!!!!!!!!

PatrickJR
04-22-2006, 11:44 AM
I will never get to see the guys unless they come to Atlantic Canada or soemthing!lol

amcrambler
04-25-2006, 07:50 PM
i saw them in chigago with lenny as the opener it was sweet!

aerosmithrock
04-26-2006, 01:00 PM
at leats you guys have the chance to see them, i live in scotland so i cant go to any of theyre gigs.

opera_jade
04-26-2006, 02:14 PM
Does anyone know what EXACTLY is wrong with Steven Tyler?????? I've loved them since i was 13 and i will absolutley throw a fit i don't get to see them in concert!!!!!!

slinks
04-26-2006, 04:59 PM
^ Burst blood vessel in his voicebox.

And I retract my previous post, I have nothing against Aerosmith and it sounded like I was bashing them. :peace:

opera_jade
04-27-2006, 02:23 PM
That sounds like it would hurt. Guess all that screaming finally caught up with him. I hope he'll recover quickly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!