School talent show type thing...

PDA

View Full Version : School talent show type thing...

Conky420
03-22-2006, 12:38 AM
im the guitarist in our currently dormant band that my friend and i started and for our school talent show he was going to the guitar part and id do bass

i have no problem with that as the only thing is i cant decide to do it or not, and also the one bass i could use without permission is old as hell the strings vibrate alot, the other one i could use is my brothers gf's wich im sure has a problem with it too, plus the amp i was gonna use is a piece, the other my brother keeps in his room.

what should i do? im leaning towards doing it but, the problem lies in the amp and the guitar i would use :confused:

demez
03-22-2006, 09:39 AM
hire if you have to

bangoodcharlote
03-22-2006, 06:38 PM
You'll be fine. You think the other guys in your school play Les Pauls through Marshall stacks?

Conky420
03-22-2006, 06:53 PM
your right, im gonna get up there , and rock the **** out!! :headbang:

Baba O'Riley
03-22-2006, 11:21 PM
There are lots of things you can do to get equipment.

You could always rent a bass and amp for the gig. Also it doesn't sound like you've actually checked to see if there's anything wrong with your brother's girlfriend's bass. So do that first before you decide on if you can use it. Are you sure your school doesn't have any equipment you could borrow either? If you can't get an amp you could always plug your bass into the school's pa system.

Conky420
03-23-2006, 12:06 AM
yeah ive checked it, it seems good, im probably gonna use it, and theres a couple amps that i probably could use there so

Edit: oh and a few weeks ago the school's bass and bass amp got stolen :haha

Conky420
03-23-2006, 05:45 PM
Well! it went over fine, it could've been better had the amp not picked up the squeak from sliding on the fretboard....but besides that it went fine, at first i forgot the beat to the song i was like " Oh GOD!!!" then i remembered , calmed down and then i ended my bassline too early, my friend gave me a "WtF?" look, so he broke into the chorus, nothing much really happend after that, crowd a little bit less, if not equally, clapped loudly, the others who played gutiar got lots of applause too

jolson27
03-24-2006, 11:16 PM
what song did you guys play?

just wondering

Conky420
03-25-2006, 01:25 AM
seven nation army.............:haha

Mr. Bubble
03-25-2006, 03:33 AM
You'll be fine. You think the other guys in your school play Les Pauls through Marshall stacks?

actually at my school, there is about 6 people in middle school who play les paul customs n **** like that :)

RainMustFall
03-25-2006, 12:18 PM
actually at my school, there is about 6 people in middle school who play les paul customs n **** like that :)

Stupid rich kids. In my band, me and the other guitarist play Squiers. Hellz yeah.

JagStang5246
03-26-2006, 04:47 PM
Squiers are the shizz.

Mr. Bubble
03-26-2006, 09:29 PM
Stupid rich kids. In my band, me and the other guitarist play Squiers. Hellz yeah.

I know, 13-14 years old, and playing les pauls...... waste of money really.

i play a charvel :P

Gabuydachk
03-26-2006, 09:54 PM
same at my school, but I've noticed, on average, the more expensive the guitar the kid had the more he sucked (again just my school)

Baba O'Riley
03-26-2006, 10:17 PM
I know, 13-14 years old, and playing les pauls...... waste of money really.
I don't know if they're good and dedicated players then there's nothing wrong with that.