when to.

PDA

View Full Version : when to.

inmysleep
03-22-2006, 01:01 AM
alrigth so my band has been playing together since december with sum member changes we have everythign except a bassist but a bassist is coming thursday to auduiton so who knows. but we have one song were recording tomorrow its pretty good imo. everyone in th eband is talented (not gloating or anything) but we plan on just writeing a tun in the next month or so how do you know when its time to play shows and get ready to record an ep? and how many songs should be on an ep?

IlIk2plygUItAr
03-22-2006, 01:08 AM
youll just know.

okat all bs aside, when you have some good songs down that you've shown people and they liked, play some shows. Play with good bands so they will draw a crowd and you will get noticed. Once you have played some shows and you have a small following, record an EP and sell it at your shows.

Baba O'Riley
03-23-2006, 06:10 PM
how do you know when its time to play shows and get ready to record an ep?
You should play a gig when you can play a fair amount (aka more than two songs) of material well and you feel confident enough to do so. This is true for recording an ep as well.
how many songs should be on an ep?
There's no real set number but I would say 4 or 5 is good.

Embryodead
03-23-2006, 07:12 PM
if you have the funds do what my band did...we record every practice. about 500 dollars can get you enough mics and a mixer to record the whole band. 3 Instrument mics, a set of drum mics and a vocal mic. Mixer and a M-Audio box with usb directly to a computer.

cokesodanotdrug
03-23-2006, 08:17 PM
if you have the funds do what my band did...we record every practice. about 500 dollars can get you enough mics and a mixer to record the whole band. 3 Instrument mics, a set of drum mics and a vocal mic. Mixer and a M-Audio box with usb directly to a computer.
500? either you have like...ultra discount music stores there or I have ultra expensive/misleading music stores here.

Also threadstarter. Anytime you guys feel ready to take on a show go for it!