any help?

PDA

View Full Version : any help?

rathmusbass
03-23-2006, 04:34 AM
Hey, right now it is still just me ( bass ), a rhythm guitairst, and a drummer, but ive been pondering some things for a while and was wondering if anyone of you could give me some insight.

i love writing music, so i have been writing parts for another guitarist to our riffs so when we get another one they will be able to learn some riffs and jump right in, but i was wondering if you think this is a good idea? just about everything i have written for the non-existent guitarist has so far been nothing like the riffs the rhythm and i play, but they fit. should i keep doing this or wait till we get a new guitarist and have him/her hash it out?

even though we have only completed half of a song ( which contains five riffs, each with variations, and dozens of riffs that we have stored away for other songs ) i can already see we are a combination of metalcore, nu-metal, and thrash. Well, we dont know any singers anymore that would be willing to do the vocals down the road, so i will have to fill in for it for now ( i can easily sing while playing, its become routine for me to learn how to sing songs while learning to play them ). The problem is the only slightly decent vocals i can do are is a rough mixture of Chris Barnes and the guy from Behemoth ( just not as low as either of the two ). Should we not do any coffee house shows or small gigs until we get a suitable singer or should we just go all balls out with my sh*tty vocals?

=-p =-)

Freunleven
03-23-2006, 12:13 PM
Go balls the wall, bro. If you can't find someone else to do it, you've got to do it yourself.

:satan:

Baba O'Riley
03-25-2006, 10:54 PM
i love writing music, so i have been writing parts for another guitarist to our riffs so when we get another one they will be able to learn some riffs and jump right in, but i was wondering if you think this is a good idea? just about everything i have written for the non-existent guitarist has so far been nothing like the riffs the rhythm and i play, but they fit. should i keep doing this or wait till we get a new guitarist and have him/her hash it out?
There's nothing wrong with writing parts for another band member. There's no rule that says you can only write for your instrument. Just make sure you actually find a guitarist who is going to play these parts.
Should we not do any coffee house shows or small gigs until we get a suitable singer or should we just go all balls out with my sh*tty vocals?
I think that considering you're still looking for a band member you might want to stay away from the larger shows. As for vocally if you don't think you're good enough to gig then you shouldn't be gigging. If you do then go for it.

rathmusbass
03-26-2006, 04:12 AM
eh the thing is we wont have a lead for about another 3 to 6 months, just because every other decent guitarist i know is in another state for right now or busy with school, and i talked to my guitarist and he will be doing the vocals which is a good thing.

ty all for the advice

Baba O'Riley
03-26-2006, 02:14 PM
i talked to my guitarist and he will be doing the vocals which is a good thing.
If he's good enough let him do them all then. If he's about on par with you then why don't you share the vocals?

Just a suggestion :cheers: