Gig set up

PDA

View Full Version : Gig set up

.:SwAmPmOnKeY:.
03-23-2006, 03:26 PM
how long do you think we need to set up for the gig? they've got a already set up PA and lights, so we basically just need to set up the drums, our amps, mics and keyboard.

thanks

Mickey Lightnin
03-23-2006, 03:38 PM
Ad say about alf an hour, but its not how long thats important, I'd get there a few hours in advance just incase anythin goes wrong, check all the batteries in your pedals, make sure you've brought all the leads, picks, strings yu need! Plus yu have more chance to **** about with sound levels n that

.:SwAmPmOnKeY:.
03-23-2006, 03:50 PM
so would 4 hours be about right?

cokesodanotdrug
03-23-2006, 04:18 PM
define set-up I've heard MANY definitions, set up from car to stage, set up from just off stage, set up from burning mess called the sun?

either way, you should take only about 10-20 minutes to set everything up after it's out of the car. obviously you each set up your own stuff. all in all 30 minutes should be enough, whenever I play a gig I get there early, set my stuff up and put it off to the side unless they have to put it somewhere then I compact it as much as I can without taking it all apart again.

All in all it should take about 30 mins to get from car to wherever and set it up, then about 5 minutes to compact if you have to, and another 5 minutes to uncompact and put on stage.

but that's if you're like me and play at local places.

psychodelia
03-23-2006, 05:53 PM
so would 4 hours be about right?

Nooo that would be so boring. Read cokesodanotdrug's post. The only reason I would consider going that early is if it's a show with a bunch of bands that you know and you're near the end.

Dan Steinman
03-24-2006, 09:37 PM
I guess get there an hour early just to be safe, and as you get the hang of setting up quickly, you can come later. Have a good gig!

Chancelor101
03-25-2006, 07:01 PM
i know some places that say you have to be set up in 15 minutes, every minute over you have to pay a dollar...

Bulletbass man
03-25-2006, 07:41 PM
I'd say get they're one hour early. The first 10 minutes is mainly to see how much room you have and talk with who ever is running the gig. Then unpack and have everything ready. About 25 minutes before you get on connect the cables and mess with levels.