Whoah read this i need help

PDA

View Full Version : Whoah read this i need help

The Master Plan
03-25-2006, 10:57 PM
On myspace I posted some of my recordings. And a local college wants me to play one of them at a music festival. The thing is I dont mind playing, but I dont have a backing band yet right now its just me. The songs I put were (guitar) instrumental I dont know what I should do, any tips? I'm 16 and a sophmore in highschool. Thanks for the future posts if you want the link to my myspace just ask and I'll give it.

Baba O'Riley
03-25-2006, 11:00 PM
Find band members. You know that's what you need to get. Advertise in your local music store, tell them gigs are available. When you have gigs it's easy to find people.

The Master Plan
03-25-2006, 11:04 PM
The festival thing is this Thursday. Also The songs I posted were only guitar stuff with a drum machine. I emailed the guy that invited me and told him about the band situation Im waiting for a response.

The Master Plan
03-25-2006, 11:06 PM
Also is this a good enough rig to play with? It's on my sig.

cokesodanotdrug
03-25-2006, 11:06 PM
nobody said you couldn't go up with just a drum machine, unless you made several guitar parts and mixed them...

Baba O'Riley
03-25-2006, 11:13 PM
The festival thing is this Thursday. Also The songs I posted were only guitar stuff with a drum machine.
If they were just one guitar track with a drum machine you could just use a drum machine.
Also is this a good enough rig to play with? It's on my sig.
I think it's fine. The only problem is I don't know how loud the Fender amp is but you could always mic it and run it through the PA there. If you don't want to mic it you could always rent some gear too.

The Master Plan
03-25-2006, 11:28 PM
I didnt use an actuall drum machine just a program I downloaded off the internet. Also I was thinking about it it could also be one of those rape things I've heard of. Like those Myspace rapists people. I found it quite odd since I've only added close friends that are stil in high school that out oof the blue a single 44 year old guy Ive never meet before wants me to play at the college. It could a suprise rape. Maybe I'm just paranoid. O yea I cant drive.