Learn to Promote Your Band Online

PDA

View Full Version : Learn to Promote Your Band Online

musicmanager
03-27-2006, 12:25 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone here looking to promote their band and want some awesome secrets??

I have been working as a personal manager for the past few years, and I have had several bands ask me over the years what they can do to promote their band.

Of course you have the old fashioned technique of handing out flyers, and putting up posters. That works to some extent, but you don't really get to put a personal touch into it. This is the sort of thing that people respond too...

I recently put together a book called "Creating a Buzz for Your Band: How to Promote Your Music on MySpace.com". I throw at you several tips and tricks such as the right days of the week to promote your band, how to contact industry professionals, etc on MySpace.com.

There are over 160,000 new users added a day, and they are not all bands either. This is a huge personal networking site that allows bands to contact anyone! This site definately has the edge over Garageband or Purevolume for that very reason.

I even created a service that creates your website, and starts doing the promotion for you! Included in these services are phone consulations with real working managers in the industry.

find out more:HERE (http://www.onlne-band-promotion.com)

Thanks for your time, and keep up all the good work, your band will get noticed eventually!

Karina Taylor
Independent Arist Management
612-455-2290 EXT 204

Scourge441
03-27-2006, 05:30 PM
Your link is busted. Also, I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to advertise like this on UG.

Grunge
03-27-2006, 08:55 PM
That works to some extent, but you don't really get to put a personal touch into it. This is the sort of thing that people respond too...

I'm not trying to be mean, but how would hand made posters have less of a personal touch than a generic old myspace band account? Its not that big of a secret, since "160,000" people join each day, and pretty much everyone talks about myspace now a days. I just don't see what your program would have to offer.

And yes, I do think you're not supposed to advertise.

Baba O'Riley
03-27-2006, 09:15 PM
:no: No advertising.

musicmanager
03-29-2006, 03:22 PM
youre all right..i've been taking the complete WRONG approach with this...but thanks to all of you..i have a new idea!!

you weren't being mean! you hold a very valid point...i kinda meant that you should use both approaches...MySpace is pretty lame in alot of ways, but there are alot of things its good for too..

thanks for the shaky finger...i appreciate it...no really, i can take it. i do like these forums, and i have been visiting here for a while...i was stupid to post in that manner...for a second i forgot what i was doing!

sorry to bother you kids!! Best of Luck! :)