order of songs?

PDA

View Full Version : order of songs?

ferox
03-27-2006, 05:22 PM
allright, we're having a gig in a local pub with some other bands, we're playing 5 cover songs

Guns n' Roses: Sweet child o mine
Ac/Dc: you shook me all night long
Led Zeppelin: the ocean
Guns n' Roses: paradise city
Ac/Dc: highway to hell

Do you think the order in which we play the songs does really matter here? Can you give me some advice, i'd like to know i which order we should play the songs
thnx!

:peace:

scheck006
03-27-2006, 05:25 PM
you really gotta think what would be the best songs to open and close with are. the order of the ones in the middle really doesn't matter.

mario128
03-27-2006, 05:31 PM
my band did a setlist like that once only we didnt play the ocean by led zeppelin. but here is how we did it and got an amazing response

highway to hell
you shook me all night long
paradise city
the ocean ( we did immigrant song )
sweet child o mine

good luck with the gig guys let me know how it goes
catch ya l8r

Pure_Morning
03-27-2006, 05:34 PM
Definately finish with Paradise City.

curtis loew
03-27-2006, 05:37 PM
start with highway to hell and end with paradise city.play sweet chil o' mine third

SomeEvilDude
03-27-2006, 05:48 PM
I'd go:

1) Highway To Hell
2) Sweet Child O' Mine
3) The Ocean
4) You Shook Me All Night Long
5) Paradise City

That's what order I'd do them in, but it's entirely up to you. 'Tis an awesome setlist by the way.

Gabuydachk
03-30-2006, 06:36 PM
read the FAQ
t's pretty helpful

crash 2.0
03-30-2006, 07:32 PM
What I do sometimes when I'm burning a CD is order the songs into where one would fit the same mood. Like put songs with the same mood or close next to eachother and if the mood starts to fade you move on to the next one. If I ever FINALLY make a band I want to make a whole concert on Nirvana songs that I picked and they are all ordered in a mood sequence.

smitherson
03-30-2006, 09:10 PM
Why just covers, does your band have any songs you wrote? Is there any reason behind why bands usually play just covers. Usually when I come to threads like this they don't involve a lot or any songs they wrote themselves. Don't flame...I haven't played gigs before, I'm not even in a band.

thesumoftwo
03-31-2006, 09:17 AM
if you playing the original paradise city solo, definitely finish with it. The croud will be screaming for more.

Good luck with the gig, with a setlist like that, they cant hate you (providing you actually play the songs right of course, but no doubt there)