Performing

PDA

View Full Version : Performing

JD7
03-28-2006, 02:02 AM
I didn't know where to put this, but seeming so I am a beginner, I'll put it here.

Ok, I've gotta do a performance at school, one song, I've perfected the song basically at home, but last time I played a song I prefected at home at school, I stuffed it up about 7 or 8 times, and that hurt my performance. I was just wondering if you guys have any tips for beginner public performers? Because I suck under pressure... :(

Thanks in advance!!

seanfromlj
03-28-2006, 02:08 AM
when you say perfected at home does that mean that you played it all the way through alone or did you play in front of people?

if you played alone, i recommend playing the song in front of a small crowd.

JD7
03-28-2006, 03:50 AM
Well, I played in perfectly infront of my friends, but I'm pretty sure that's because I don't think what they think, because I know them so well, but it's just that whenever I get infront of a crowd, I subconsciously care what everone thinks, and I'm not usually that kind of guy...

dark_guy
03-28-2006, 04:22 AM
Try to play it to as many people/crowds as you can before the gig. It'll come with experience.

arsonite
03-29-2006, 12:42 PM
Pretend the crowd isn't there. Just DON'T care what they think. It'll make you screw up if you start thinking about other things than your doing.

Benny:zzz:

SilentDeftone
03-29-2006, 05:11 PM
*moved*

-SD :dance:

Gabuydachk
03-29-2006, 05:25 PM
the more you gig, the easier it'll be
I've found that (I know this is unusual) playing completely solo with no rhthym section is easier than playing with a band because you don't have to worry about staying in key and stuff like that

Jimbo999
03-30-2006, 04:16 PM
your the same as me. What i do is watch my mates and think to myself im amazing. think your jimi hendrix when your up there and make faces at ur mates. Itll calm you down and youll naturally play the song without thinking.
Jimbo