Another Guitarist

PDA

View Full Version : Another Guitarist

Drop-A
03-31-2006, 07:08 AM
hey guys, my bands getting fairly serious now and im happy with it, but its a hardcore/metalcore type band and most of the songs in that style need two guitars for harmonising and breakdowns. ive been trying to tell this to my bass player for a while but he doesnt understand. what should i tell him.

joic3389
03-31-2006, 07:11 AM
Why doesnt he want another member?

thesumoftwo
03-31-2006, 07:14 AM
if you guys record you could record it with one guitar and then record it with the two guitar parts you would like to have and then play both back to your bassist, the chances are that hes going to prefer the two guitar version, just dont make it obvious which one is which when you play it back to him, just say that they are variations. Once he then sees the difference that two guitars will make then he should follow suit and decide that you should have 2 guitars.

Don't know if that made any sense to you but it did to me.

Good luck.

rocklust
03-31-2006, 07:26 AM
Hey! thts a pretty neat idea \m/

thesumoftwo
03-31-2006, 07:30 AM
thanks, thats how i got my band an extra guitarist and it worked.

Drop-A
03-31-2006, 07:51 PM
yeah thats a good idea, he says he doesent want another guitarist because he doesnt want a crowded stage or something. but it wont make a difference because im shy, i just stand at the back of the stage with my amp, even when im playing a solo or watever so he bassically has the stage to himself. i think there might be another reason for it.