The Pixies

PDA

View Full Version : The Pixies

Pages : [1] 2

Glen_Hansard
03-31-2006, 05:46 PM
I searched for a thread on The Pixies but to no avail :eek:

I've just gotten back in The Pixies. My dear father bought The Pixies at the BBC last week and I've beeb listening to it. Great alt. versions of the songs.
I have Surfer Rosa, Doolittle(my favourite) and the B-sides collection. Favourite songs at the moment are Is She Weird, Hey and the alt version of Monkey Gone To Heaven with David on vocals.
I was at their gig last year in Dublin, t'was funky.

What does everyone think of them? Amazingly unique band IMO

PistolPeet
03-31-2006, 05:55 PM
there awesome!

Surfer Rose kicks Doolittle's ass tho. Just forf the simple fact that it has Tonys Theme on it!

THIS IS A SONG ABOUT A SUPER HERO NAMED TONY! ITS CALLED TONYS THEME!

toha33
03-31-2006, 05:58 PM
I love the songs 'Happening' 'Down the well' 'Ana' 'Dancing the Manta Ray' 'Where is my mind' and a lot more. That's all the songs I could think of at this moment.

denabob
03-31-2006, 06:08 PM
Not my favorite band but I dig them. I have all their discs and break them out on occasion. It's really too bad that Kim and Black Francis couldn't put their creative differences aside back in the day. They could have been huge. Seems like Kim always gets the short end of the stick - The Breeders fell apart because she put the band on hold to wait for her sis to get off of drugs. Kim rocks...and she's cute too!

pixiesfanyo
03-31-2006, 06:25 PM
Brick is Red is probably one of the best songs ever written.

Monkeygone2hvn
03-31-2006, 07:12 PM
the pixies are amazing, one of my favorite bands...

my favorite songs are hey, break my body, where is my mind, and gouge away...

Raginscotsman
03-31-2006, 08:17 PM
Surfer Rosa is the greatest album ever recorded - FACT

public_witness
03-31-2006, 09:10 PM
Surfer Rosa is the greatest album ever recorded - FACT

I kind of agree

but stating your opinion as fact makes you look like a retarded 13 year old gushing about slipknot.

grats on being an idiot.

DorkusMalorkus
04-01-2006, 04:01 AM
It's been awhile since I listened to them, and since I have seen a thread here on them.

They are good. Were one of my top favorites, but I've grown out of them a bit.

Raginscotsman
04-01-2006, 04:06 AM
I kind of agree

but stating your opinion as fact makes you look like a retarded 13 year old gushing about slipknot.

grats on being an idiot.
Learn to appreciate the finer arts of exagerration. Then, just maybe, you won't come off as an asshole.
:cheers:

AusRottenApples
04-01-2006, 04:42 AM
I missed recording their live concert on Austin City Limits last summer. I thought I was going to cry. They're one of my favorite bands at the moment, and have been for some time.

Favorite Songs:
I Bleed
Gouge Away
Here Comes Your Man
Debaser
Wave of Mutilation

..and so many more.

leeunardo
04-01-2006, 08:05 AM
Allison is an awesome (overlooked)song on Bossanova. I also bought Live at BBC and B-Sides recently - and i love it all !

DO the Manta RAY

Gideon Ravenor
04-01-2006, 08:29 AM
Pixies are teh sex.

Zevious Zoquis
04-01-2006, 01:07 PM
Doolittles a far better album than Surfer Rosa. Surfer is great, don't get me worng, but the songs aren't as well-written and the band was still getting it's bearings. Doolittle is a band at the absolute pinnicle of it's creativity. Afaic, it's one of the 2 or 3 best (and also most influential) albums of the past 20 years.

Frank Black has also had a really solid career since the Pixies. In fact, I think some of his stuff since the Pixies is as good as anything he did with the band (songs like Headache, Los Angeles, Cult Of Ray...). Even his "rawk" band The Catholics had lots of great songs...

tossup
04-01-2006, 06:39 PM
I LOVE THE PIXIES

i just recently got trompe le mond (sp?)

it's ok, but doolittle kicks ass!

"must be a devil, between us, or *****s in my head, *****s at the door, a ***** in my bed..."

EDIT: Zevious Zoquis, props to you about doolittle vs. surfer rosa :cheers:

RHCPhysco8
04-01-2006, 06:59 PM
The Pixies are a great band. Haven't gotten around to buying an album yet, but they're a awesome nontheless. Gigiantic happens to be my perosnal favorite song.

Bmm386
04-02-2006, 04:46 PM
I like what i've heard, but i've only heard a good two songs.

Wave of Mutilation is rather cool.

i_strum_i_drum
04-02-2006, 05:19 PM
I adore "Where Is My Mind?"

Funny, I was actually watching Fight Club today.
Brilliant.

Mr. Grunge
04-03-2006, 06:04 PM
Pixies = Awsome

If you don't like pixies, then i pity you.

opivy21
04-03-2006, 06:08 PM
I really don't listen to them a lot, but Debaser is a great song.

Evan_lesPaul
04-05-2006, 08:07 PM
i really like surfer rosa, but i also have doolittle. hard to say which one i like better, but im going for surfer rosa right now.

Monkeygone2hvn
04-05-2006, 08:27 PM
i really like surfer rosa, but i also have doolittle. hard to say which one i like better, but im going for surfer rosa right now.

my favorite album from the pixies is surfer rosa, its the album i grew up on from them, and then i discovered doolittle which is amazing but i still love surfer rosa more becuase all the crazy memories i have attached to it.....

do u guys think the pixies will ever tour again or is frank black going to just continue with his solo stuff?

PIXIEFAN
04-06-2006, 05:02 PM
Heck Yes! I love the Pixies! Debaser, Where is my mind?, Bone Machine! I really want to buy that new book about them: The oral history of the pixies. Sounds really cool.

Glen_Hansard
04-06-2006, 05:04 PM
I've been listening to Surfer Rosa again. Great stuff, and it holds memories [FLASHBACK SCENE]

ibanez901
04-06-2006, 07:41 PM
i like trompe le monde the best actually
my fav songs are
letter to memphis
alec eiffel
where is my mind?

Stacked Actors
04-06-2006, 07:50 PM
I think The Pixies are the most underrated band of all time. My favorite songs are basically anything off Doolittle

v-e-l-o-u-r-i-a
04-10-2006, 04:07 PM
Frank Black has also had a really solid career since the Pixies. In fact, I think some of his stuff since the Pixies is as good as anything he did with the band (songs like Headache, Los Angeles, Cult Of Ray...). Even his "rawk" band The Catholics had lots of great songs...

Heads up for mentioning Frank man I heart Frank solo, some of it's easily as good as the Pixies stuff.

Back to the Pixies, anyone else think it would have been SO ace if Bam Thwok had been chosen for the Shrek soundtrack?! :D

slinks
04-10-2006, 04:20 PM
I just picked their BBC recordings and I've been enjoying that a lot. As far as studio albums go, I still only have Doolittle but it's a phenomenal album. Haven't gotten around to picking up Surfer Rosa, I've been meaning to get it for close to a year now. :p:

Abe
04-10-2006, 04:47 PM
Yeah, The Pixies are a great band, my favourite is Doolittle too, Here Comes Your Man is my favourite song of theirs, probably the only one I could listen to for days on end on repeat (don't ask).

Wave of Mutilation is also great.

mmm... ice
04-11-2006, 05:59 AM
The Pixies are great I think it's a shame what happened to them in the end up. They were for a very long time my favourite band I only have the reunion tour DVD, their greatest hits and Doolittle. In my opinion I would say that Doolittle is one fo the greatest albums of all time and I don't think it get enough recognition. You have now made me want to find cool bootlegs and the such.

Anyone know any good bootlegs?

Glen_Hansard
04-11-2006, 09:44 AM
I'm still trying to find some. All the ones I've found don't work. You can get some stuff here (http://members.ozemail.com.au/%7Ethrashin/pixies/audio.htm), but if I remember right the quality is really bad, really low bitrates.

Andrewbiles
04-11-2006, 10:06 AM
Join dimeadozen.org, there's a load of there (can't say I've bothered listening to any though).

mmm... ice
04-11-2006, 10:08 AM
Thanks alot

v-e-l-o-u-r-i-a
04-14-2006, 05:36 PM
You outa try and get your mits on the Newport accoustic show, it's fabulous :D

mmm... ice
04-14-2006, 05:41 PM
^ that I will.

pixiesfanyo
04-15-2006, 11:06 AM
Pixies Bootlegs are useless.

In Heaven is my favorite song.

thepickups
04-15-2006, 02:19 PM
Yeh a really good band. It annoies me how some people just can't get it and suddenly label them as "****". They are so different to alot of stuff. I know some people don't like them, but some people could, they just don't try.

And also, where is my mind???Amazing. Chekc out my cover in my sig!

Glen_Hansard
04-15-2006, 02:34 PM
Not my favorite band but I dig them. I have all their discs and break them out on occasion. It's really too bad that Kim and Black Francis couldn't put their creative differences aside back in the day. They could have been huge. Seems like Kim always gets the short end of the stick - The Breeders fell apart because she put the band on hold to wait for her sis to get off of drugs. Kim rocks...and she's cute too!

I dislike Kim now. I got a Breeders CD today. I turned it off half way through(a thing I rarely do to a new CD). It was just UTTER UTTER ****E.

If that's the style Kim wanted to introduce into The Pixies, I don't blame Black Francis for telling her to **** off(or whatever way he put it).

You ****ing die I said...I said you ****ING die, to her...huh?...what?...No no, I was talking to Kim. I said you ****in' die.... nonoehno I I we were just goofing around... no no it didn't have anything to do with anything... she said don't touch anybody touch this is my stuff and I said you ****ing die, like that. I was finishing her part for her....

... you know what I mean?

I love the Vamos Intro :D

Monkeygone2hvn
04-15-2006, 07:26 PM
I dislike Kim now. I got a Breeders CD today. I turned it off half way through(a thing I rarely do to a new CD). It was just UTTER UTTER ****E.

If that's the style Kim wanted to introduce into The Pixies, I don't blame Black Francis for telling her to **** off(or whatever way he put it).

You ****ing die I said...I said you ****ING die, to her...huh?...what?...No no, I was talking to Kim. I said you ****in' die.... nonoehno I I we were just goofing around... no no it didn't have anything to do with anything... she said don't touch anybody touch this is my stuff and I said you ****ing die, like that. I was finishing her part for her....

ya i got the breeders cd a few months ago, i listened to it once and i havnt touched it since, it wasnt too great but eh wutever....

Dom_H
04-17-2006, 07:00 PM
there awesome!

Surfer Rose kicks Doolittle's ass tho. Just forf the simple fact that it has Tonys Theme on it!

yeah i though surfer rosa was better than dolittle after listening to them both.

tom_ledzep
04-21-2006, 10:46 AM
pixies are so ****ing good and really underated aswell. i love wave of mutilation, where is my mind, velouria.....................all their songs ****ing rule.

opivy21
04-21-2006, 02:53 PM
Frank Black played on the Rollins show last night. I'm not a huge Pixies fan, but he was really good.

NewDayRising
04-21-2006, 04:58 PM
The song "Dead" has the coolest guitar line!

v-e-l-o-u-r-i-a
04-21-2006, 05:25 PM

aht.. chu... pu... (that's a shocked noise if you're not getting it) you don't like kim?! eh? I guess you have to have taste to get it :p

And thepickups, i heard your cover :)

Glen_Hansard
04-21-2006, 05:28 PM
aht.. chu... pu... (that's a shocked noise if you're not getting it) you don't like kim?! eh? I guess you have to have taste to get it :p

And thepickups, i like your cover :)

I love her voice, I don't like the way she wanted to bring her own crap Breeders style into the band.

v-e-l-o-u-r-i-a
05-11-2006, 05:34 PM
Meh, each to their own. I was sunbathing listening to SR earlier. It's the perfect album ever when listened to like that. Reminded me how much i adore this band.

galapogo
05-11-2006, 05:49 PM
I absolutely love them. One of my favourite bands, although I don't listen to them so much anymore.

Favourite album is probably Doolittle

...Or maybe Trompe Le Monde

...Or maybe Surfa Rosa

Goddam this is hard!

metal Lover
01-25-2007, 09:50 PM
pixies are so awesome, that they need to be bumped.

check out this disgraceful rip off of them if you ask me
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=12095013

Siftings
01-25-2007, 09:56 PM
I have Surfer Rosa, and I'm saving up for Doolittle. My favorite songs are Debaser, Gigantic, and Cactus

And I saw them at Jones Beach in New York a couple years ago

Doolittle
01-26-2007, 08:07 PM
i hate the pixies!

hope ya'll can tell i'm joking.
one of my favorite bands and kim's where it's at, back in the day she was quite the little fox

Amalgam
04-17-2007, 05:00 PM
The Pixies are a band that just about anyone can love, but they're so underrated. EVERYONE knows "Smells Like Teen Spirit" right? Cobain based the bass line and the chord structure directly from "Debaser"! And he gets all the ****in credit!?!

Don't get me wrong I love Cobain, but that's some bull***t

(oh yeah, almost forgot. PIXIES OWN YOU!!! DOOLITTLE RULES!!!)

Doolittle
04-17-2007, 05:24 PM
i know i do rule. :p:

ModestPixies16
04-17-2007, 05:59 PM
They're Only My Favorite Band! Favorite Album of theirs: Doolittle, Favorite Song (Tough One): It's between Bone Machine, Debaser, or Number 13 baby, but thats like an impossible choice to make.

ModestPixies16
04-17-2007, 06:06 PM
I love her voice, I don't like the way she wanted to bring her own crap Breeders style into the band.

Actually on the last 2 Pixies albums, Bossanova and Trompe le Monde, kim hardly did anything on the cds, Frank wrote like most, practically all of the songs on those CD's. But yeah, just throwing that out there.

uhh_me?
04-17-2007, 06:07 PM
eww the pixies? i hate them so much. even more than doolittle does. yuck. i would rather eat ice cream than listen to the pixies.

ModestPixies16
04-17-2007, 06:11 PM
The song "Dead" has the coolest guitar line!

Agreed. That song kicks ass.

Doolittle
04-17-2007, 07:15 PM
eww the pixies? i hate them so much. even more than doolittle does. yuck. i would rather eat ice cream than listen to the pixies.
i know right, what's up with dem Pixies?!

DorkusMalorkus
04-17-2007, 07:59 PM
I sold my Pixies shirt for $6 today.

AWA
04-17-2007, 08:03 PM
I sold my Pixies shirt for $6 today.
You damn fool! Why?

DorkusMalorkus
04-17-2007, 08:05 PM
You damn fool! Why?
Money to see Xiu Xiu. I got the shirt for $12 and it is more than a year old. I don't really wear it much anymore either. I got a pretty good deal.

Doolittle
04-17-2007, 08:27 PM
i have a pixies shirt. it's like gray and has them on it. it rocks!

uhh_me?
04-18-2007, 12:55 AM
i want some pixies pants...no actually that would be really not too cool
i want a pixies hoodie thing, but the black one is boring. oh well.

"Tele" Steve
04-18-2007, 01:03 AM
I think The Pixies is an overrated band. I know I'm in the minority though.

Goon
04-18-2007, 01:47 AM
I saw the Pixies last week. Got Franks guitar pick :D

*wins thread*

NGD1313
04-18-2007, 09:19 AM
I picked up Surfer Rosa because I liked "Where is My Mind" at the end of Fight Club. I'm still just starting to listen to it but I'm liking what I hear.

batesyy
04-18-2007, 09:59 AM
I saw the Pixies last week. Got Franks guitar pick :D

*wins thread*
:sad:

But anyways. Monkey Gone To Heaven would have to be my fav song by The Pixies.
Great band.

jazza1234
04-18-2007, 10:42 AM
i like where is my mind but monkey gone to heaven is a good song

Doolittle
04-18-2007, 11:23 AM
I picked up Surfer Rosa because I liked "Where is My Mind" at the end of Fight Club. I'm still just starting to listen to it but I'm liking what I hear.
to me there's better songs than Where is my Mind.

uhh_me?
04-18-2007, 11:27 AM
there are better songs, but if you want to start with the pixies you will start there. it is almost a guarantee

saucynoodles
05-15-2007, 07:21 PM
The pixies are a great band and don't get enough respect imo

...just wanted to say that

wishIknew
05-15-2007, 11:47 PM
I love debaser. so good.

girlie so grooooovieee

NGD1313
05-16-2007, 12:01 AM
to me there's better songs than Where is my Mind.

I agree, but that was the song that initially sparked my interest.

uhh_me?
05-16-2007, 01:00 AM
i was right
yeah

i should pull out the bsides album
i listen to that next

somewhat_here
05-16-2007, 01:40 AM
o man the first time i heard of them was when i saw the video for debaser and i sang it for my friend the next day and we were all "wtf? this is ridiculous!" but no i really like that song now. and here comes your man! awesome!

Doolittle
05-16-2007, 05:40 PM
me and my friend tried to learn Debaser on bass and drums today.
we're going to continue next practice...

somewhat_here
05-16-2007, 06:18 PM
i tried to learn it by ear but couldn't and i succumbed to looking it up here.

I Play Guitar!
05-16-2007, 08:48 PM
i find that when comparing Surfer Rosa and Doolittle, some of the songs on Doolittle are a little stronger overall, but Surfer Rosa as a whole album is better.

anyone agree?

lp345
05-22-2007, 01:26 PM
Am I the only one who finds Doolittle a tad overrated? Although it has some fantastic songs ie Debaser, Monkey...., Dead, I find the second half is a bit weak.......

pumpkins_rule
05-22-2007, 04:02 PM
^Hey is the best song on the whole album (part of the second half), and second to only the single version of Gigantic overall IMO.

Jonny02
05-23-2007, 06:04 AM
One of the most influential bands of all time, no doubt. The album version of Gigantic sounds like it was recorded for about $2 in a cupboard but the single versions great. Hey is my fave guitar solo of all time man, Joey uses some nice nice guitars live as well.

Rodeo_clown
05-28-2007, 02:12 PM
Doolittle will always be one of my favourite albums!!!

UMadeMeRealise
05-30-2007, 03:59 PM
Bump. Surfer Rosa is one of the greatest albums I've ever heard. But Doolittle ain't too shabby either.

Saif Mehdi
05-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Doolittle will always be one of my favourite albums!!!
And Pixies will always be one of my favorite bands. :headbang: I just listened to Alec Eiffel in the van and figured out the time signature change is actually really simple in the chorus/outro.

StreetLight3989
06-04-2007, 10:20 PM
I always loved the song Debaser and I just found out today The Pixies wrote it. I have to pick up Doolittle next time I get money. From what I've heard the Pixies sound amazingly good.

SethMegadefan
07-16-2007, 08:39 PM
I always loved the song Debaser and I just found out today The Pixies wrote it. I have to pick up Doolittle next time I get money. From what I've heard the Pixies sound amazingly good.
Doolittle's definitely a good place to start. That's a damn catchy album.
I just got Trompe Le Monde the other day, and after a couple listens it's really growing on me. For anyone who's owned it for a while, how does it compare to the band's earlier material? The store I was at didn't have Bossanova, so I went straight to Trompe. I own Surfer Rosa and Doolittle. But what are everyone's thought's on Trompe Le Monde? I'm curious.
Plus I should try to revive this thread. It's unnaturally dead.

DorkusMalorkus
07-16-2007, 09:41 PM
http://www.thepunkguy.com/2007/06/25/abcs-of-live-music-v-w-x-y-z-stands-for-well-the-end-of-the-alphabet/

Xiu Xiu covering "Gigantic"

UMadeMeRealise
07-17-2007, 12:14 AM
Er. Intriguing.

uhh_me?
07-17-2007, 11:05 AM
does anyone else think they had a bike up on stage?

Doolittle
07-17-2007, 12:42 PM
aww i was hoping for a huge explosion of noise...but it was still alright

the glue man
07-24-2007, 03:18 AM
I don't really like anything after Doolittle, I listened to both albums once or twice and it never really caught my attention.

I found Doolittle at my aunt's house and I thought "I've heard they've good, I'll take it." So I got home and gave it a listen on my Cd player. The first song I heard was Debaser and I thought "OMG this is the coolest thing I've ever heard!" That's when I fell in love with the Pixies. :)

primusfan
07-24-2007, 03:23 AM
i think bossanova's the only weak album personally (not that it's bad, just not as consistently outstanding as the others). trompe le monde takes some getting used to, it's obviously not as memorable as the first two albums, but it's very good.

SethMegadefan
07-24-2007, 06:10 PM
i think bossanova's the only weak album personally (not that it's bad, just not as consistently outstanding as the others). trompe le monde takes some getting used to, it's obviously not as memorable as the first two albums, but it's very good.
Aw, really? I was hoping Bossanova was better than Trompe Le Monde (just so I could get really excited about getting it). Trompe Le Monde, like you said, needs some time to grow on you. I've had it for about a month now, and I listened to it today for maybe the 5th time and I'm really starting to love it.
I've heard Bossanova holds a more surf-rock influence in it than the other Pixies albums. Is this true/good?

bart munch
08-01-2007, 09:18 AM
Bossanova is my favourite album, don't get me wrong I think all of their albums are amazing but I just loved the tripped out surfy Sci-fi UFO songs.

DorkusMalorkus
08-01-2007, 12:18 PM
I love Bossanova. There are a couple weak songs, but the rest of them are great.

uhh_me?
08-01-2007, 01:19 PM
bossanova is alright, i might listen to it later today just for fun

Saif Mehdi
08-02-2007, 10:44 PM
"Make Believe" is one of my favorite songs ever. Tabbed it perfectly for Guitar Pro.

Doolittle
08-04-2007, 09:42 PM
Bossanova > Trompe Le Mode

oh yeah, i love seeing all this Doolittle talk!

cakeandpiemofo
08-07-2007, 11:37 PM
I love The Pixies favorite tracks are

Tame
Letter To Memphis
I Bleed
and all time favorite......Wave Of Mutilation

that song is just wow

NoRomancelnChin
08-08-2007, 02:03 AM
My favorite Pixies records, in order, are;

Surfer Rosa
Come On Pilgrim
Doolittle
Pixies At The BBC
Bossanova
Trompe Le Monde

Each record they released in my opinion wasn't as good as the last, but when it's common knowledge that Trompe Le Monde is a friggin fantastic album, you know you've got something special here. I personally like the chaotic, thrashing, noisy, screaming, of the early days. I'm not a huge fan of screaming and yelling, but goddamn that's just one nice scream Charles has got there. I can't wait for a homecoming show in Boston.

Question: What the HELL does Joey use for an effect on Dead? Specifically during the chorus. He is just bending up the g string so the pitch almost matches the b string, creating that almost tremolo effect? What?

batesyy
08-08-2007, 08:14 AM
Do you like their cover of Jesus and Mary Chain - Head On? I reckon they aced it. Probably better IMHO :)

uhh_me?
08-08-2007, 09:14 AM
pixies doing head on was great
i like it, but i know many people don't so much

batesyy
08-09-2007, 02:20 AM
Yeah, I don't think many people like covers full stop.

bart munch
08-09-2007, 08:16 AM
pixies doing head on was great

I think it's a great version.

Incidentally I saw the Jesus and Mary Chain a few weeks ago and felt their version needed a bit of extra rockin'.

bah humbug
08-11-2007, 10:39 AM
I have Doolittle and Surfer Rosa...which one should be next? (I love them both)

Saif Mehdi
08-23-2007, 04:00 PM
Bossanova

European Son
08-23-2007, 04:50 PM
The Pixies are incredible.

All I wanted to say.

batesyy
08-24-2007, 03:48 AM
The Pixies are incredible.

All I wanted to say.
QFT ;)

phobik
10-24-2007, 12:06 AM
"I was basically trying to rip off the Pixies"
Kurt Cobain on Smells like Teen Spirit.

one of the most influencial bands ever, easily on my top 3 favorites ever.

SLICIN UP EYEBALLSSSS

K-Lizzle
10-24-2007, 01:20 AM
Our love is rice and beans and horse's lard.

Doolittle
10-24-2007, 01:12 PM
I have Doolittle
you don't own me! O_o
My two favorite Pixies song would have to be Hey and Ed is Dead.

browar
10-24-2007, 01:22 PM
"I was basically trying to rip off the Pixies"
Kurt Cobain on Smells like Teen Spirit.

Smells Like Teen Spirit got the same rare chord sequence as Pixies "Break My Body" chorus. It's in other key through.

K-Lizzle
10-24-2007, 01:34 PM
Jefrey with one "f," Jeffrey.

phobik
10-24-2007, 09:25 PM
Smells Like Teen Spirit got the same rare chord sequence as Pixies "Break My Body" chorus. It's in other key through.

i didnt know that. i thought he was pulling from debaser, the intro bassline is sort of similar to smells like teen spirit. at any rate, the pixies were a definate influence on him, and on thom yorke for that matter

lolmnt
10-25-2007, 09:50 AM
I've been listening to them alot lately, and I'm getting $40 today. Should I get Doolittle or Surfer Rosa?

rockon1824
10-25-2007, 01:39 PM
^Doolittle!

jake the eskimo
10-25-2007, 01:43 PM
Yeah, I agree get Doolittle.

"Wave of Mutilation" is probably my favorite song by the Pixies right now. Great band, though.

lolmnt
10-25-2007, 09:34 PM
Ok I'll get it when I have the chance.

Maybe both ;)

Doolittle
10-25-2007, 09:40 PM
Get me

bah humbug
10-25-2007, 09:42 PM
^ I have you ;)

lolmnt
10-25-2007, 09:43 PM
I want you, baaad

I want the album you got your UG name from too.

StreetLight3989
10-25-2007, 09:44 PM
I got a broken face!!

K-Lizzle
10-26-2007, 12:08 AM
I got no lips I got no tongue.

uhh_me?
10-26-2007, 12:22 AM
where there were eyes, there's only space

K-Lizzle
10-26-2007, 09:36 AM
I gotta broken faaaace, uh-huh. Uh-huh. Uh-huh. Uh-huh. Oooooh!

perry589
12-16-2007, 10:45 PM
There's a Pixies Thread!! I didn't even know this existed.
Anyway, Love the Pixies. Doolittle is a modern classic album. Frank Black has one of the uniquest voices and lyrics ever. Joey had great leads and Kim Deal was a simple, great bass player. Dave was a great drummer too.

cortez0
12-17-2007, 03:11 PM
yeah the pixies is sex

Got Pixies at the BBC as well and I like it a lot.

Shiny_Boots
12-19-2007, 12:53 AM
are frank blacks solo albums any good? i havent checked out any of them.
ps. they should have sung more in spanish
pps. any news of a new album?

perry589
12-19-2007, 10:54 AM
^ I think there's a slim chance of a new album now. Frank Black has said there is a small chance of an album.

uhh_me?
12-19-2007, 11:58 AM
kim has said definitively that there will NOT be a new album.

CoBasCis
12-19-2007, 09:27 PM
Here Comes your Man=Amazing

piff665
12-20-2007, 06:11 PM
An amazing band. There probably wouldn't be a nirvana without them.

thewho65
12-25-2007, 12:10 AM
and the alt version of Monkey Gone To Heaven with David on vocals.

Where's that?

I'm a HUGE fan of their early stuff (Come On Pilgrim, Surfer Rosa, The Purple Tape, etc.) I still have to get into the other stuff (Bossanova, etc)

I just listened to a little of the Frank Black Francis album. The entire first CD is a whole bunch of demos supposedly recorded by Black Francis the day before they started recording Come On Pilgrim. It's neat to hear how songs like "I'm Amazed" and "The Holiday Song" evolved.

Low Light
01-09-2008, 06:38 AM
I haven't listened to much Frank Black's solo work but i think Pixies are amazing. my favourite album is Bossanova - i love the surf guitar on there.

Hey, was watching clips on Nirvana on youtube and there's one which is footage of them on the uk tour (in london i think :confused: ) and they're all in the van and you can just hear the song Ana in the background..

ah well.. i found it interesting :D

PS. Trompe le monde is a great album!!

skagitup
01-09-2008, 07:01 AM
simply brilliant (the pixies)

DarTHie
01-09-2008, 08:08 AM
An amazing band. There probably wouldn't be a nirvana without them.

Yeah, you didn't need that second part

:D

Doolittle
01-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Honestly, I hadn't listened to them for a long gap, and the other day a song came up and man, it felt so good to hear them again, sorta like talking to an old friend. To me, they're a band I couldn't stop loving.

shoegazer501
01-21-2008, 09:27 PM
Just waiting for them to come around again. What and amazing show!!!!!

GoodCharloteSux
01-21-2008, 09:39 PM
I used to not "get" the pixies but then one day I DVR'd the Gouge Documentary and it was game over, I love Kim's bass presence.

vintage x metal
02-16-2008, 09:10 AM
I wish i had seen this thread earlier!
Pixies are great
=]
Once I put in Surfer Rosa and Bone Machine starts... ahhhh...

HeavyDelta
02-16-2008, 01:44 PM
well, ****, the pixies is like all i listen to. I'm picking up a metal pick today to get that harsh Surfer Rosa sound.

And for my music class, I have to analyze an album, I picked surfer rosa... molestation, incest, nudity, suicide, murder, infidelity, drug use--its all there... hopefully it doesn't freak my teacher out

strange thing is that black, santiago, deal, and lovering look and act so... normal i guess

davebain27
02-18-2008, 06:24 PM
CARIBOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU and where is my mind are my favorites

GoodCharloteSux
03-22-2008, 02:16 PM
well, ****, the pixies is like all i listen to. I'm picking up a metal pick today to get that harsh Surfer Rosa sound.

And for my music class, I have to analyze an album, I picked surfer rosa... molestation, incest, nudity, suicide, murder, infidelity, drug use--its all there... hopefully it doesn't freak my teacher out

strange thing is that black, santiago, deal, and lovering look and act so... normal i guess

Frank Black is really the only guy who writes the lyrics, I know Kim Diel had a nice amount to do in the overall songwriting process. One of the reasons it all fell apart was because Kim Diel wanted more to do vocally and Frank Black was always the dominant figure in the band.

They are pretty much just normal folks, which is one reason I'm so into it, no gimmicks. I love how Franck Black said himself he just loved ****ing with people lyrically and making them feel uncomfortable.

So anyone else besides me like Doolittle more then Surfer Rosa....?

somewhat_here
03-22-2008, 02:36 PM
^i do. also i saw an autographed surfer rosa/come on pilgrim on ebay a while back. i had it on watch but forgot about it and it sold for around $30.

lolmnt
03-22-2008, 02:38 PM
Frank Black is really the only guy who writes the lyrics, I know Kim Diel had a nice amount to do in the overall songwriting process. One of the reasons it all fell apart was because Kim Diel wanted more to do vocally and Frank Black was always the dominant figure in the band.

They are pretty much just normal folks, which is one reason I'm so into it, no gimmicks. I love how Franck Black said himself he just loved ****ing with people lyrically and making them feel uncomfortable.

So anyone else besides me like Doolittle more then Surfer Rosa....?I prefer Doolittle

bah humbug
03-22-2008, 02:42 PM
I got Come On Pilgrim for free yesterday and Surfer Rosa for three bucks
I love employee discounts

SethMegadefan
03-22-2008, 05:17 PM
So anyone else besides me like Doolittle more then Surfer Rosa....?
Umm, a couple years ago I'd have disagreed with you, but lately I'm loving Doolittle slightly more than Surfer Rosa too. There's just something irresistable about it; it's brilliant how it's produced like a pop album but lyrically and musically it may be the darkest bunch of songs they've ever put out. It's a weird thing that's always drawn me to that album.
Gotta give an honorable mention to Trompe Le Monde, though. I just listened to that album yesterday for the first time in a few months, and holy crap is it awesome. Frank Black just may be the best songwriter since Bob Dylan.

GoodCharloteSux
03-22-2008, 05:57 PM
^ I really haven't been able to get into Bossanova or Trompe Le Monde. I have to travel and hour and a half to band practice and Ive put them both in on the car trips and they don;t give me that same kick in the face as SR or Doolittle, it'll come with time though, just like these did.

I love Doolittle because I can start it at Debaser and it goes all the way through Gouge Away and your left thinking, "man so many great melodies".

I also have to say this in this thread at least once

This is a song about a superhero named Tony. Its called "Tony's Theme" :haha

so good

SugarRush66
03-22-2008, 06:03 PM
I really need to get Surfer Rosa, haven't got round to it yet. I own Doolittle, and have most of their other "famous" songs from the Waves Of Mutilation best-of that I copied.

Hey and Holiday Song currently stand out for me. And Tame features what is possibly the best scream ever to be recorded :)

SethMegadefan
03-22-2008, 11:37 PM
^ I really haven't been able to get into Bossanova or Trompe Le Monde. I have to travel and hour and a half to band practice and Ive put them both in on the car trips and they don;t give me that same kick in the face as SR or Doolittle, it'll come with time though, just like these did.
Trompe Le Monde took quite a few listens for me to get into. But now that I've gotten past that, I think it's a brilliant album, just about as good as Surfer or Doolittle. However, I haven't heard Bossanova yet, so I've no idea how it sounds. Trompe Le Monde's an incredible album, though, once you pass that threshold of "meh".

HeavyDelta
03-22-2008, 11:54 PM
I just saw a vid of Frank Black doing one of his recent 'precore' gigs in Europe. He did a Surfer Rosa song, I think Wheres my mind, and at the end he goes, "You ****in DIE!!"
It was a very nice touch.

Alternate_rock
03-23-2008, 03:04 PM
Death To The Pixies!!

zyx
03-26-2008, 01:12 AM
Trompe Le Monde took quite a few listens for me to get into. But now that I've gotten past that, I think it's a brilliant album, just about as good as Surfer or Doolittle. However, I haven't heard Bossanova yet, so I've no idea how it sounds. Trompe Le Monde's an incredible album, though, once you pass that threshold of "meh".

I thought Bossanova would be a harder listen than Trompe Le Monde, but from best to worst I would probably rank the albums in chronological order. All of them are great though.

radio_schizo
03-27-2008, 09:50 AM
Bossanova is amazing...I am listening to it right this second.

uhh_me?
03-27-2008, 11:37 AM
I just saw a vid of Frank Black doing one of his recent 'precore' gigs in Europe. He did a Surfer Rosa song, I think Wheres my mind, and at the end he goes, "You ****in DIE!!"
It was a very nice touch.
link to this?

and i would put Bossanova right behind Doolittle in terms of rankings.

radio_schizo
03-29-2008, 10:29 AM
^Nah I think it's better imo.

HeavyDelta
03-30-2008, 06:01 PM
link to this?

and i would put Bossanova right behind Doolittle in terms of rankings.

here, he also mimes the solo part in the middle of the song, classic. And I think all pixies albums are great in their own way, you shouldn't compare them...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FdB1G_4-vi0

LionHeart_sh07
04-01-2008, 01:38 PM
Brick is Red is probably one of the best songs ever written.

I so agree with this.

TV Party
04-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Vamos is also probably one of the best songs ever written.

GoodCharloteSux
05-16-2008, 12:41 PM
So, I am starting to appreciate something that the pixies are great at. The anticipation for the sing along. A great example is the song Motorway to Roswell. By the time they hit 1:30 I am so anticipating the line "Last night he could not make it......" and then by 2:25 its this explosion of satisfied repetition!

GoodCharloteSux
05-17-2008, 05:26 PM
no one likes to talk pixies on UG :(

mikko 9119
05-17-2008, 05:28 PM
i'll give a whack at it :haha

thanks to you, i'm slowly getting into them now

GoodCharloteSux
05-17-2008, 09:45 PM
:haha

Its not the easiest band to get into, but they make such complete albums. Like if you hear just one random pixies song, you might just think another rocky, grungy, quirky band. But if you listen to one of their albums from 1- whatever, you can appreciate it a bit better!

Mikko always to the rescue lol

mikko 9119
05-17-2008, 09:49 PM
:haha yeah i am

yeah, they were hard for me at first to get into... kinda thought they were annoying, but hen I fell asleep listening to them... and now they are like drilled into my brain

GoodCharloteSux
05-19-2008, 01:55 PM
haha, yea frank black's voice take a bit to get used to...at first I was like " what so great about these guys"

It just grows on you.......still no one in this thread, makes me sad :(

Mikko and I need company!

uhh_me?
05-19-2008, 01:57 PM
i am company a-plenty.

so yeah, i haven't listened to Pixies in a while. i have tried listening to the new Breeders album, but for the most part it sucks.

GoodCharloteSux
05-19-2008, 02:44 PM
I never liked the Breeders, seems really dry......

Like you feel Kim Deal's presence, but its not as bold

mikko 9119
05-19-2008, 03:17 PM
i am company a-plenty.

so yeah, i haven't listened to Pixies in a while. i have tried listening to the new Breeders album, but for the most part it sucks.
I had no idea who the Breeders were, so I checked them out and I realized that they sang Cannonball... good song

and three's always a crowd...

a good crowd, of course

SethMegadefan
05-20-2008, 08:30 AM
I had no idea who the Breeders were, so I checked them out and I realized that they sang Cannonball... good song
I've heard Cannonball and a couple other Breeders songs whose names I can't even remember. Pretty forgettable, I thought.

So does anyone here have Frank's latest solo album, Bluefinger? I haven't checked it out yet, but I've been curious about it. Seems pretty cool, from what I've read about it.

GoodCharloteSux
05-20-2008, 08:00 PM
I've heard Cannonball and a couple other Breeders songs whose names I can't even remember. Pretty forgettable, I thought.

So does anyone here have Frank's latest solo album, Bluefinger? I haven't checked it out yet, but I've been curious about it. Seems pretty cool, from what I've read about it.

I actually never followed him after the pixies, good place to start?

Monkeygone2hvn
05-21-2008, 08:46 PM
i've found that most pixies related albums (frank black, breeders) have been pretty bland in comparison to most of the pixies stuff.

although i thought frank blacks teenager of the year was alright.

K-Lizzle
05-23-2008, 10:22 AM
I really liked Last Splash. The rest of the Breeders stuff I've heard, though, doesn't do much for me.

RHCP94
05-27-2008, 12:56 PM
Vamos is also probably one of the best songs ever written.
That song is nuts. Love it.

GoodCharloteSux
05-28-2008, 06:28 PM
I think vamos is ok, I get the point of the song and the experimentation, but IO think the "solo"/ effects goes on a bit long. Stilol though, an awesome song indeed.

lurkio93
05-31-2008, 12:02 PM
I think The Pixies are the best band ever, In my opinion there best album is Surfer Rosa, and id say Trompe Le Monde is the weaker album but still is better than alot of stuff i have heard. There best songs in my opinion are probably, Monkey Gone To Heaven, Tame (especially live ), Gigantic, Caribou, The Happening, Dig For Fire, Letter To Memphis and U-Mass but really you cant choose a best pixies song or an album, because each of them are brilliant.

ProfessorJim
06-08-2008, 12:17 AM
I'm listening to Bossanova right now. Great cd. I just ordered Come on Pilgrim a few hours ago...but more importantly, the documentary about them, loudQUIETloud, is on demand under free movies for anyone who has comcast. It's available until 7/01. I haven't seen it yet but I'm probably going to watch it in a few minutes.

Just thought I'd post in here to let everyone know.

rockon1824
06-08-2008, 08:14 AM
^Awesome! Thanks for the info. Finally that HD box thingy is coming in handy :p:

trompelemonde93
06-20-2008, 02:46 PM
Hi i think the Pixies are an amazing band, i have all there albums and id say Doolittle is the best but none are bad. Does anybody want a pixies/breeders song tabbed out on here, i will tab it if you come to my page and tell me what one i will do the rhythm and the lead. Thanks

Overman
06-21-2008, 12:38 PM
Pixies are in my opinion one of the top bands ever. My favorite song is No. 13 Baby, the first half is great and the second half is simply amazing..

It's great to see people at ultimate guitar liking them! Most people I know say "Pixies? No thank you."

noose-and-nail
06-23-2008, 12:39 PM
I f*cking love the Pixies.

I actually just got into them really recently, about a month or so ago I was going through the free movies on my cable, and it had their documentary, loudQUIETloud.
I had been meaning to listen to them, and I was quite impressed and intrigued by the film, so a few days later I ordered both Doolittle and Surfer Rosa off of Amazon.

I totally fell in love with them.

I personally prefer Doolittle at the moment.
I have to give them credit for originality on Surfer Rosa though hahaha.

I've heard songs off of the latter albums and they sound pretty awesome too, so I'm going to buy those as well.

But they are one of the best, most original bands I've ever heard.

noose-and-nail
06-23-2008, 12:42 PM
Oh and for being middle-aged, Kim Deal is a total babe.

Saif Mehdi
07-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Pixies are unequalled.

Saif Mehdi
07-02-2008, 02:05 PM
the pixies are amazing, one of my favorite bands...

my favorite songs are hey, break my body, where is my mind, and gouge away...
"Break My Body" is ****ing incredible man. It's so me.

Saif Mehdi
07-02-2008, 02:07 PM
there awesome!

Lol, the band's least favorite song.

thepatman0
07-12-2008, 02:24 AM
my favorite is definitely gouge away

lolmnt
07-12-2008, 02:48 AM
Look at my User Title for my favorite song.

RHCP94
07-13-2008, 08:46 PM
My favorite song is Bone Machine, always has been.

GoodCharloteSux
07-14-2008, 09:36 PM
Lol, the band's least favorite song.

How do you know that? I love that song

My favorite right now is Mr. Grieves but it switched, usually with a different Doolittle track lol

steee21
07-16-2008, 07:37 PM
My favourite song switches a lot but i think it's Nimrod's Son.

pumpkins_rule
07-16-2008, 09:48 PM
Hey is my fave.

DayTripper1967
07-17-2008, 06:43 PM
something against you is my favorite song.

uhh_me?
07-17-2008, 07:06 PM
i love me some Cactus

bah humbug
07-17-2008, 08:08 PM
you're all wrong, Broken Face ftw

perry589
07-17-2008, 08:11 PM
Hey is my fave.

+1. Very cool, laid back track. :cool:

Shoegazer
07-18-2008, 07:50 PM
I have Come On Pilgrim, Surfer Rosa, Doolittle, Bossanova, and Trompe Le Monde. I definitely like their early-to-mid-era work moreso than the later albums.

RounderIII
07-21-2008, 07:33 PM
Im going to listen to Doolittle tonight. I like "Here Comes Your Man" a lot.

waterproofpie
07-22-2008, 02:54 PM
you're all wrong, Crackity Jones ftw

fixed :)

lolmnt
07-22-2008, 03:17 PM
Tame is a really good song.

rockon1824
07-22-2008, 03:18 PM
Yesssssh. I will always envy Frank's screams in the chorus.

mikko 9119
07-25-2008, 05:49 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gcn0f5s-aas

they played that live before i was even born :eek:

but great song...

rockon1824
07-25-2008, 06:49 PM
^That has always been one of my favorite live videos on YouTube.

I was 4 months old when it was shot. :p:

uhh_me?
07-25-2008, 07:50 PM
y'all making me feel old. i was approaching 4. but yeah, great video.

DayTripper1967
07-25-2008, 07:55 PM
i would have been a year old. i love that video though.

almighty_dylan
07-26-2008, 08:20 AM
That video is awesome, i watched a few others from that show as well which are just as good. I was only two when they played that, it's a crazy thought that one of my favourite bands were at their peak when I was so young.

Phill-Rock
07-26-2008, 09:40 AM
I would have been almost two years old.

Pretty good video, but it's weird to watch. Watching the huge physical change Franks goes through when youtubing them is probably why.

-jeff-
07-26-2008, 02:24 PM
Pixies are my Favorite band

Right now levitate me has been my most listened too song, but ive been digging velrouria too, i cant pick a favorite song though cause there all so good.

And Mikko thats one of the best live closers ever

DorkusMalorkus
07-26-2008, 03:55 PM
I was 4 months old when it was shot. :p:
Me too! But I'm 3 days older :p:

quack35
07-28-2008, 12:09 AM
I was thinking about covering "Where Is My Mind?"

Doolittle
07-28-2008, 12:35 AM
I'm still in love with this band. They're not overrated whatsoever!

RHCP94
07-28-2008, 12:59 AM
I'm still in love with this band. They're not overrated whatsoever!
It's weird seeing "The Pixies by Doolittle" in the Alt/Indie preview of the Bands & Artists index. :haha Usually it's the other way around. :p:

Phill-Rock
07-28-2008, 08:27 AM
I was thinking about covering "Where Is My Mind?"
As good a song as any.

Extremely easy too.

-jeff-
08-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Has anyone seen LoudquietLoad that documentery on the pixies 05 tour??

I thought it was ok, there wasnt enough live gigs but i learned alot of stuff about the band.

Saif Mehdi
08-12-2008, 12:10 PM
^too "Real World" for me. The short 1989 documentary is ****ing great though.

-jeff-
08-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Yea i realy wanna see that its on my netflix list lol. Ive watched some of the concert footage on youtube but watching it in good quality is going to be Shweeet.

Mav-16
08-14-2008, 06:38 PM
Brick is Red, Where is My Mind, and Hey is truly some amazing sh!t right there....

DownInAHole.
08-14-2008, 07:22 PM
So, I've definately listened to Doolittle four times this week...I really love it.

I might pick up Surfer Rosa later.....

-jeff-
08-14-2008, 08:06 PM
^^Do it, Dolittle is a great album to get started with since it isn't as out there as some of their other stuff, and Surfer Rosa+Come on Pilgrim(i treat them like one album) have some realy amazing stuff thats more raw. Essential albums.

HiImKindaNewAnd
08-15-2008, 01:33 PM
I've always liked Trompe le Monde the most. A lot of diversity.
It also doesn't hurt that Alec Eiffel is the best song Black Francis/Frank Black/Whatever the hell he calls himself these days wrote.

-jeff-
08-15-2008, 02:43 PM
Meh Trompe le Monde is my least favorite, i barely listen to it actually. The songs aren't as good and the sound isn't as raw IMO. To each his own though.

Raven 
08-18-2008, 02:04 AM
I've got Surfer Rosa and Doolittle, what is the next must have?

DownInAHole.
08-18-2008, 11:40 AM
^ Probably Trompe le Monde.

uhh_me?
08-18-2008, 12:52 PM
I've got Surfer Rosa and Doolittle, what is the next must have?
come on pilgrim

-jeff-
08-19-2008, 01:09 PM
^+1

DayTripper1967
08-19-2008, 08:53 PM
surfer rosa is so good... so many classics: something against you, gigantic, break my body, where's my mind?, vamos...i love it all.

mbbmalcolm
08-21-2008, 06:27 PM
they turn me on.

Doolittle
08-21-2008, 11:15 PM
they make me wet and I make them hard O__O

uhh_me?
08-21-2008, 11:38 PM
they make me hungry. for more!!!! aha ha ha ha...

but yeah, i wonder if they ever plan to release something new.

ProfessorJim
08-22-2008, 02:53 PM
come on pilgrim

This. Or Bossanova.

DayTripper1967
08-22-2008, 03:44 PM
i saw come on pilgrim at the record store today, but i decided to buy a kinks album instead.

maybe next time i'll get it.

Wild_Rose
08-23-2008, 05:43 AM
I only learned about the Pixies when I saw the movie "Fight Club" and "Where is my mind?" was played in the end of the movie.. amazing song! I only have one CD of them, it has the best songs of!

Saif Mehdi
01-19-2009, 12:26 AM
Unfortunately, a lot of people say they like my favorite band just to be cool. They don't appreciate them like I do. Not at all.

Saif Mehdi
01-19-2009, 04:39 AM
My favorite right now is Mr. Grieves

Of all the songs written by humans and aliens on Earth or outer space, Mr. Grieves has the best guitar riff in the universe. The one that Frank "la la la la's". The one that is played during the beautiful Bm, F#, G, E chord progression. The harmony is undefeated. The pinnacle of human existence.

GoodCharloteSux
01-20-2009, 06:42 PM
*high five*

I love the Pixies
I love thread revivals
and I love Pixies fans, because unlike 98% of the world and whatever musical background they usually have, they get the objective of the term music.

hockeydrunky
01-22-2009, 07:07 PM
Damn, without Pixies i dunno where I'd be musically. Even though I've drastically changed tastes since my buddies got me into them, they were really my gateway into the musical world.

Best Songs-
I Bleed
Debaser
Gouge Away
Where is My Mind
Stormy Weather
Wave of Mutilation
The Happening (Greatest song ever IMO)

ratmblink123
02-02-2009, 01:05 AM
I just recently found the song "Where is my Mind" and it's my favorite song as of now. (Check my sig)

Any suggestions as to buying an album?

perry589
02-02-2009, 08:46 AM
I just recently found the song "Where is my Mind" and it's my favorite song as of now. (Check my sig)

Any suggestions as to buying an album?
Where is my mind? is from Surfer Rosa, so you could start with that, or Doolittle because it's just great.

GoodCharloteSux
02-04-2009, 03:37 AM
^ 2nd on Doolittle, Surfer Rosa is very "Indie" compared to everything else they have released.

mcronnymc
02-05-2009, 04:44 PM
they make me hungry. for more!!!! aha ha ha ha...

but yeah, i wonder if they ever plan to release something new.

I beleive Frank Black and Kim Deal had a massive bust-up, it was very evident when the last toured, Kim deals influence on stage was muted compared to when The Pixies where in their prime. So to answer your originally question it looks very doubtful :(

GoodCharloteSux
02-05-2009, 11:16 PM
Basically Kim Deal rather play with the Breeders and make all the music and be the head honcho. That was Frank Black's role in the band, they have a power struggle. She says screw it I'll make my own band (which sucks IMO).

So even though the other three members of teh pixies want to make an album BADLY, Kim Deal won't do it. Its a shame!

Saif Mehdi
02-08-2009, 09:06 AM
I'm the only one here who's heard the demo version of Debaser. It's even better than the LP version.

macmancometh
02-08-2009, 11:07 AM
Doolittle is a great album.

Just felt like saying that.

thewho65
02-08-2009, 11:33 PM
the alt version of Monkey Gone To Heaven with David on vocals.

I'm the only one here who's heard the demo version of Debaser. It's even better than the LP version.

Where might you find these?

Fiddelers elbow
02-09-2009, 05:14 AM

Try this: http://www.evo.org/html/track/de.html

Saif Mehdi
02-13-2009, 11:45 PM
^Just a bunch of links that lead to nowhere.

Saif Mehdi
02-13-2009, 11:47 PM
Well, I ordered the Pixies - Purple Tape 2 album from sisterray.co.uk for like $40.

A Rolling Stone
02-14-2009, 04:45 PM
Does anyone have the BBC Sessions. I think most of the songs on there kick the crap out of the studio versions...just so much energy in all the songs man, its so raw!

thewho65
02-15-2009, 01:11 PM
Well, I ordered the Pixies - Purple Tape 2 album from sisterray.co.uk for like $40.

I didn't know there was a Purple Tape 2, I'd heard of it but thought it was unreleased. I just looked it up, now I really want to get it

munn_borokidda
02-16-2009, 04:11 PM
there class
i think doolittles best album though not surfa rosa its too inconsistent and the songs arent generally as good

A Rolling Stone
02-16-2009, 07:32 PM
Idk, doolittle and surfer Rosa are both so great, If I had to choose one i'd prolly have to go with Surfer Rosa though...

Saif Mehdi
02-17-2009, 04:38 AM
I didn't know there was a Purple Tape 2, I'd heard of it but thought it was unreleased. I just looked it up, now I really want to get it

You definitely should, fellow Pixies lover.

GoodCharloteSux
03-10-2009, 03:06 PM
Does anyone have the BBC Sessions. I think most of the songs on there kick the crap out of the studio versions...just so much energy in all the songs man, its so raw!

Yea I got the BBC sessions, they are cool but Franck Black does some weird stuff with his voice in those sessions.