Punk Bands you Can't Stand.

PDA

View Full Version : Punk Bands you Can't Stand.

Pages : [1] 2 3

JohnnyNapalm
04-02-2006, 04:00 PM
What are those punk bands everyone loves, but you can't stand?

I think mine would be either Cheap Sex, or The Sex Pistols.

Teh Luv Sniper
04-02-2006, 04:04 PM
i cant stand the sex pistols like you, i dont know why i just dont like them

stevo192
04-02-2006, 04:06 PM
dude the sex pistols rock! they are like the punk pioneers. But anyway, i absolutely hate the transplants, thank god they split.

JohnnyNapalm
04-02-2006, 04:07 PM
They might be, but I don't like them, I definitely respect them though.

stevo192
04-02-2006, 04:08 PM
fiar enough- that life, we are all different. I can understand that they may not be everyones cup of tea

BrianApocalypse
04-02-2006, 04:10 PM
The Germs.

I don't like the guitar sound.

Prince
04-02-2006, 04:12 PM
DEAD KENNEDYS, the misfits, leftover crack, choking victim, no cash, morning glory, 7 seconds, action, defiance, the casualties, the messengers, discharge, funeral dress, the exploited, monster squad, street dogs, street brats, against me!, toxic narcotic...
and many more

JohnnyNapalm
04-02-2006, 04:20 PM
DEAD KENNEDYS, the misfits, leftover crack, choking victim, no cash, morning glory, 7 seconds, action, defiance, discharge, funeral dress, monster squad, against me!, toxic narcotic...

Those are my favorite bands...

:(

kiefermatot
04-02-2006, 04:23 PM
Dead Kennedy's, Anti-Flag, Sex Pistols.

Catch23
04-02-2006, 04:39 PM
the virus, the casualties, the clash, cheap sex, anti-flag.

KingBrendan5149
04-02-2006, 04:40 PM
i was never really into The Circle Jerks. i don't really hate them or anything i just can't get into them.

i really don't like Anti-Flag either.

somepunkkid
04-02-2006, 04:46 PM
AFI... and NOFX... why are either of them even in the punk forum?

waterproofpie
04-02-2006, 05:02 PM
i was never really into The Circle Jerks. i don't really hate them or anything i just can't get into them.

For a Beck fan, I am disappointed.

the glue man
04-02-2006, 05:21 PM
Most street punk bands.

Joe Publicity
04-02-2006, 05:30 PM
I hate the Exploited, Minnor Threat and Black flag.

the glue man
04-02-2006, 05:44 PM
^How can you hate Black Flag?

Blastphomy.

(Or however you spell it)

Joe Publicity
04-02-2006, 05:54 PM
Just don't like them. Alot of my friends like them but not me. Just never really enjoyed them.
To Be Fair I wouldn't say I hated them or Minnor Threat. jUst don't enjoy them. I ****in hate the Exploited though.

J_DuDeMoNgEr51
04-02-2006, 06:04 PM
I reaaly hate anti-flag and/i could never really get into the ciiiiiiiiiircccle jerks

BrianApocalypse
04-02-2006, 06:07 PM
DEAD KENNEDYS, the misfits, leftover crack, choking victim, no cash, morning glory, 7 seconds, action, defiance, the casualties, the messengers, discharge, funeral dress, the exploited, monster squad, street dogs, street brats, against me!, toxic narcotic...
and many more

Tiger Army?

Leftover_Crack
04-02-2006, 06:16 PM
Ramones, Clash, Misfits, Sex Pistols, New York Doll, Stooges, Bad Religion, Johnny Thunders and The Heartbreakers, thats all I can think of right now.

opivy21
04-02-2006, 07:08 PM
Anti-Flag, The Clash, The Exploited, most Misfits songs. Can't think of any more, but those are big ones.

damn-right!
04-02-2006, 07:09 PM
sex pistols, anti flag, bad religion and two bands generally grouped with punk despite not being, AFI and NOFX, obviously many others but theyre the ones that really get under my skin.

pinheadslts75
04-02-2006, 07:10 PM
The Adverts, 999, X-Ray Spex, The Casualties, Anti-Flag.

The list could go on.

Iluvpowerchords
04-02-2006, 11:59 PM
Anti Flag

vlp_dope
04-03-2006, 12:04 AM
misfits and ramones...they're overrated..well actually i don't hate them but what ever.u get the point.

Primate-Primus
04-03-2006, 12:12 AM
All of them

Warm-And-Fuzzy
04-03-2006, 12:20 AM
7 Seconds
101ers
Agent Orange
Anti-Flag
Aus-Rotten
Bad Religion
Big D & The Kids Table
Blanks '77
Conflict
Crucial Unit
Despise You
Government Issue (Sorry, Mach)
Guttermouth
Minor Threat
MISFITS
Propagandhi
Sex Pistols
Ska-P
Spunge
State of Alert
4-Skins
The Exploited
The Suicide Machines
/Pretty much any Dischord band
/Any bland ska/thrid-wave band (Less Than Jake!!)

Now, I don't nessesarily "hate" any of those bands. (Hate is a strong word.)
It's just some of them "I can't stand".

EDIT:
That Jawbreaker thread just reminded me: Jets to Brazil.

Mach_Baron
04-03-2006, 01:15 AM
gotta respect your honesty Warm-and -Fuzzy!
and no offense taken, of course---we all have our preferences!but really, every dischord band? i'll agree that there were/are some crappy bands on dischord--but ..i, mean, VOID--possibly the greatest hardcore band of all time in my book!(with CRUCIFIX giving them a run for their money!)

as for me---------the list could go on and on, but here's a few-------pretty much everything ever put out on Victory records, choking victem/leftover crack/no cash, the addicts, most springman records bands, devotchkas, and so on.........

vlp_dope
04-03-2006, 01:34 AM
what a bunch of haters...lol :p.....

ss311
04-03-2006, 05:48 AM
I'm just about hating exploited and fear

Yahz0r
04-03-2006, 08:13 AM
Rancid, Ramones, Exploited, Misfits,

whyvern
04-03-2006, 08:29 AM
Nestor Makhno

Mach_Baron
04-03-2006, 10:02 AM
^^^^ :d :d :d :d :d

johnnynemo
04-03-2006, 10:59 AM
Anti Flag
AFI
Crass
Leftover Crack
No Cash
Minor Threat
Bad Brains
Exploited
Rancid
Agnostic Front
Nausea and every "thrash" band ever (from Minutemen to Land Speed Record era Husker Du to D.R.I.)
Every "punky ska" band, barring Operation Ivy
Dropkick Murphys and every "drunk punk" band ever
Casualties and all the new school "street punk" bands
Every band on Revelation Records
Every band on Victory Records
Every band on Dischord Records after 1983
Every band on Lookout Records
Every band on Fat Wreck Chords

Mach_Baron
04-03-2006, 12:48 PM
yeah...totally forgot to mention everything on Revelation records.nice call, Nemo!

johnnynemo
04-03-2006, 01:03 PM
Your list and mine pretty much synch'ed up, which is no big surprise.

I guess mine could have just read "anything released after 1985", but there are a few exceptions, like NY Loose, D Generation, early Manic Street Preachers and early Black Halos.

But I did forgot to single out the Pork Dukes, G.G. Allin and anything on Wishingwell Records, for an exceptional dose of hate.

Chaise Boogie
04-03-2006, 01:43 PM
Dead Kennedys. Oh my god. I hate them so much.

ScummerVacation
04-03-2006, 04:26 PM
I have a love hate relationship with the Electric Eeels. Seriously, "IQ-301 Man!" Not happening. Sewercide? Cash.

o-brien
04-03-2006, 04:30 PM
Leftover Crack (and any band that sounds similar)
the Exploited
Operation Ivy
Agnostic Front
Blood For Blood
the Germs
Subhumans UK
Discharge
Forgotten Rebels
Minor Threat
Antischism... I can't stand the vox.
Amebix. Buzzcocks (most). One Way System. Anything off Punkcore. SS Decontrol, Guttermouth, AFI, Anti-Flag (as if most of these need to be said...), Street Dogs, Total Chaos, and punx-punk like the Casualties.

I honestly like a lot of hardcore, but I hate youth crew **** more than anything. I hate the recent hardcore for kids in camo shorts...I hate tons of the old stuff...just ****in hate it.

Guitarist132
04-03-2006, 04:39 PM
Blastphomy.

(Or however you spell it)

Blast foamy

dead kennedys

Mach_Baron
04-03-2006, 04:42 PM
Foamy kicks a$$! gotta love the Johnny V!

JohnnyNapalm
04-03-2006, 05:10 PM
Anti Flag
AFI
Crass
Leftover Crack
No Cash
Minor Threat
Bad Brains
Exploited
Rancid
Agnostic Front
Nausea and every "thrash" band ever (from Minutemen to Land Speed Record era Husker Du to D.R.I.)
Every "punky ska" band, barring Operation Ivy
Dropkick Murphys and every "drunk punk" band ever
Casualties and all the new school "street punk" bands
Every band on Revelation Records
Every band on Victory Records
Every band on Dischord Records after 1983
Every band on Lookout Records
Every band on Fat Wreck Chords
No Offense Johnny, but do you like ANY music?

johnnynemo
04-03-2006, 05:36 PM
I love punk rock.
I have great punk rock records made by hundreds and hundreds of punk rock bands that I listen to all the time.

The genre died along time ago, and was replaced by all the aforementioned crappy bands who just played sh*tty so-called "music" and called it punk.

In the same way, I could put lipstick on a pig, but that don't make it a supermodel.

EDIT: I don't see anyone giving Leftover_Crack, who hates Ramones, Clash, Pistols, Stooges and Dolls, a hard time.
He basically posted that he hates everything that I consider real punk, in lieu of what I consider to be crappy pop/metal/hardcore/ska, but did I take him to task over it?
Of course not.

JohnnyNapalm
04-03-2006, 05:44 PM
I'm not trying to give you a hard time, it's just that Bad Brains? AND Nausea?

You're almost gonna make me cry.

johnnynemo
04-03-2006, 06:12 PM
Bad Brains is just a lunatic screaming with a band playing at a frenzied pace.
I could get a bunch of meth heads together, give some crank and get the exact same thing.
Plus, I wouldn't have to listen to them talk sh*t about homosexuals.

Nausea is even worse.
Bad metal with Amy's vocals sounding like a toddler throwing a temper tantrum.

That's not music, it's sh*te, in this man's opinion.

Call it grind, anarcho, thrash or whatever, it ain't punk rock.
You won't find any band in '77 doing anything like that crap.

JohnnyNapalm
04-03-2006, 06:21 PM
In my opinion, A Punk Rock Band is A band that Plays Fast music, catchy chorus's, and feels for what they play, plus the whole "**** you" thing.

Nausea and Bad Brains are pretty damn punk rock if you ask me.

Hardcore Punk that is.

What do you feel about Black Flag and the Circle Jerks?

:cheers:

johnnynemo
04-03-2006, 06:42 PM
Both Circle Jerks and Black Flag started out as punk rock bands, but then became hardcore.
Some of The Flag's later stuff is okay, and most of it is really terrible, which is why Rollins always recommends the First Four Years material.
Hank knows.

According to you definition of punk, fusion jazz and polka are punk, because they're fast music with catchy choruses and feels for what they play.

Punk rock is urban blues music played at mid to uptempo, with pentatonic leads, ala The Stooges "Raw Power" or The New York Dolls "Personality Crisis".

Replacing the sound with metal guitar sounds and leads screaming or grunting, instead of singing, are what differentialtes punk from hardcore.

Listen to Dead Kennedy's "Police Truck" and then listen to "Religious Vomit" and you'll hear that there's a world of difference.

JohnnyNapalm
04-03-2006, 06:45 PM
Now I would say that there IS a noticable difference in hardcore and punk, but really does it matter?

Its all punk if you ask me.

vlp_dope
04-03-2006, 06:47 PM
No Offense Johnny, but do you like ANY music?

johnnyn-emo <<<<<<<hinthint

haha jk.

indestructible8
04-03-2006, 06:48 PM
i was never too keen of DRI

pinheadslts75
04-03-2006, 08:00 PM
I actually enjoy most of Black Flag's stuff from 1984(eg. My War), but In My Head bores me now and Loose Nut and Family Man just suck.

Also, I forgot these

The Damned
Stiff Little Fingers
Leftover Crack(and any of that other Crack Rock Steady 7 crap)
MC5
Tiger Army(I don't really hate these guys, but I can only listen to them sporadically)
Any and all psychobilly
Nausea(used to like, now can't stand)

NOFX-AquaCrack
04-03-2006, 09:38 PM
definently

the ramones
the exploited
the casualties
ska P

now... i agree with warm and fuzzy on some choices but wow.

propagandhi
suicide machines
big d
the misfits
guttermouth
bad religion
7 seconds
minor threat

?????????-wow

now im not dissing ur opinion but_ what do u like?

i mean theres a hell of a lot of good stuff on that list

NOFX-AquaCrack
04-03-2006, 09:39 PM
propagandhi
suicide machines
big d
the misfits
guttermouth
bad religion
7 seconds
minor threat

all GREAT BANDS

JohnnyNapalm
04-03-2006, 09:49 PM
There is only 2 bands on there that are worth while.

And thats Minor Threat and Propagandhi.

waterproofpie
04-03-2006, 09:58 PM
Nestor Makhno

yeah man...they blow.

luckily enough, their singer is smokin'

And anyone who said they hated Op Ivy and MC5...you hate fun.

JohnnyNapalm
04-03-2006, 10:00 PM
People who hate Operation Ivy hates Democracy.

You Don't Hate Democracy, Do you?

whyvern
04-03-2006, 10:04 PM
yeah man...they blow.

luckily enough, their singer is smokin'

The only redeeming quality... I heard they were gonna start an emo band because the drummer is leaving town.

JohnnyNapalm
04-03-2006, 10:20 PM
It makes me sad when people don't like crust.

It's almost as if they hate children.

waterproofpie
04-03-2006, 10:41 PM
yeah!
and the people here who like....Duran Duran!

Waddup with that!?

greendaypunk901
04-03-2006, 10:49 PM
4orange GREEN DAY MAN GREENDAY IS PUNK HISTORY!!!!!!!

JohnnyNapalm
04-03-2006, 11:04 PM
1. You make no sense.

2. They made MTV history, not punk history.

3. You make no sense.

4. Green Day sucks ass.

Prince
04-03-2006, 11:13 PM
Tiger Army?
yes
minor threat, agnostic front, ss decontrol, rudimentary peni and the screamers

JohnnyNapalm
04-03-2006, 11:17 PM
Jeez, no offense Prince, but I don't think I've ever heard you say a band you like.

You probably like JohnnyNemoish stuff like the Ruts right? I find it really hard to find that ****. It's easier to find crust, and man, crust is hard to find.

Prince
04-03-2006, 11:23 PM
Jeez, no offense Prince, but I don't think I've ever heard you say a band you like.

You probably like JohnnyNemoish stuff like the Ruts right? I find it really hard to find that ****. It's easier to find crust, and man, crust is hard to find.

i listen to everything

Warm-And-Fuzzy
04-03-2006, 11:25 PM
definently

the ramones
the exploited
the casualties
ska P

now... i agree with warm and fuzzy on some choices but wow.

propagandhi
suicide machines
big d
the misfits
guttermouth
bad religion
7 seconds
minor threat

?????????-wow

now im not dissing ur opinion but_ what do u like?

i mean theres a hell of a lot of good stuff on that list

gotta respect your honesty Warm-and -Fuzzy!
and no offense taken, of course---we all have our preferences!but really, every dischord band? i'll agree that there were/are some crappy bands on dischord--but ..i, mean, VOID--possibly the greatest hardcore band of all time in my book!(with CRUCIFIX giving them a run for their money!)

as for me---------the list could go on and on, but here's a few-------pretty much everything ever put out on Victory records, choking victem/leftover crack/no cash, the addicts, most springman records bands, devotchkas, and so on.........

I didn?t quite say ?all?, I said ?most?. :)
I like Teen Idles, and the only thing I ever really cared for by VOID was ?Dehumanized?.
Some of the earlier Dischord stuff is alright but I?d much rather listen to other music. (Cite: Son House, even)

*Note, the bands I listed aren?t all the band I can?t stand. The ones I posted are ones I got off of GMAIL or from friends.
(I don?t hate them because they?re popular among the punk community. Which I know a lot of people tend to do.)
I just don?t find anything by those bands interesting, exciting, or fresh.
I like to listen to IDM from now and then, just because I?m tired of listening to The Specials for the 1000th time.
I like stuff from Zounds to NWA to Stray Cats to The Slackers to The Rezillos. All of which are bands who offer something fresh, or exciting to their genre.

propagandhi
suicide machines
big d
the misfits
guttermouth
bad religion
Are all bands that have diminished in respect from me as they've gotten older.
All of their older works were very ambitious, and exciting. But now that they've set a standard, and "matured" :rolleyes: their works aren't like they used to be.
The new Suicide Macheines, Propagandhi, Big D, (especially) The Misfits, Guttermouth, and Bad Religion releases haven't been anywhere near what I would call "listenable".
And 7 Seconds were bland for me from the get-go. (His vocals also sound very much like that of Davy Havok's which is by no means a good thing - to me.)

And Minor Threat are in a can't stand catagory all of their own.
(Ian Mackaye, the lyrics chaning people, the impact on the early hardcore scene)

Warm-And-Fuzzy
04-04-2006, 12:10 AM
Crass

:p:

Can you enlighten me as to why you don't like Crass?
(Sure, you don't have to agree with their messages... but...?)

whyvern
04-04-2006, 12:45 AM
if you don't agree with the message, that band doesn't exactly offer much else... you could be impressed with their command of the english language or their gardening skills I guess...

cos they got mad gardening skillz

I seen it.

Warm-And-Fuzzy
04-04-2006, 12:50 AM
if you don't agree with the message, that band doesn't exactly offer much else... you could be impressed with their command of the english language or their gardening skills I guess...

cos they got mad gardening skillz

I seen it.

:p: Nice.

I mean, from what I've seen Nemo post he's all for bands who do their own thing and who stick to it.
(Placing the lyrics, and actions of the band above the actual music.)
But as for music...
uh, I can't say I can distinguish the drumming patterns between any Crass song (ever), so as far as musical ability is concerned I'd agree that it is near rubbish.

EDIT:
Unless he's hating on the kids who run around thinking they know something about the world 'cause they can quote Crass lyrics.
*At any rate, this is just speculation, and I should stop now.

J_DuDeMoNgEr51
04-04-2006, 10:29 AM
Am I like the only person that thought Johnny Cash's early stuff was, like, the first punk music?

johnnynemo
04-04-2006, 10:31 AM
It makes me sad when people don't like crust.

It's almost as if they hate children.

I hate crust.
The political message, which I generally agree with, is obscured by the terrible metal and grunting/screaming.
It's just a god awful racket , and that is the reason that you'll never meet a straight-edge crusty.
The music is so terrible that you have to get drunk in order to deal with how bad it sounds.

And I really don't care for children, either.
Children are NOT beautiful innocent little cherubs.
99% of them are just going to grow up to be the fat, ignoble savages that their parents are and wreck this world worse than their parents did.

johnnynemo
04-04-2006, 10:45 AM
Well come on who realy cares what people on here think.I mean we all know how important the people who repeatedly make threads about hating the clothes people wear are,or people who say contravene sounds like slayer are. :p: hahha.anyways im glad the majority of people on here dont like what i like i wouldnt want them to wreck it.

You can talk all the sh*t you like, son, but it doesn't change the fact Contravene sound like a cross between Crass (and Nausea) and Slayer.
They even admit to having "metal influences" on their Myspace page.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=15561301

"Contravene formed in the fall of 1999. We were an anarcho/peacepunk band with metal influences and political lyrics."

CowsWithGuns
04-04-2006, 10:56 AM
And I really don't care for children, either.
Children are NOT beautiful innocent little cherubs.
99% of them are just going to grow up to be the fat, ignoble savages that their parents are and wreck this world worse than their parents did.

Whenever I say something like that there's always some jackass there who looks at me vacantly and says, "But you're a girl." :rolleyes:

I hate Tiger Army
Anti-Flag
Clit 45
The Casualties
The Virus
Any other street punk bands who's lyrics go no deeper than me like beer, me hate hippies, anyone who not just like me isn't a punk, me tough GRRRRRR! They're like a cancer. They just inspire ****ty band after ****ty band until a local scene is just treminally infected with this empty-headed swill and shows aren't fun to go to. EDIT: And those token, insincere songs about unity that the put out are pretty ****ing awful too.

johnnynemo
04-04-2006, 11:16 AM
Bravo, Cows !!!!!!

I agree with every word you just said and you literally made my day.

johnnynemo
04-04-2006, 11:33 AM
:p:

Can you enlighten me as to why you don't like Crass?
(Sure, you don't have to agree with their messages... but...?)

I like Crass's politics, but have always hated their music.
I had many friends who were "crass-holes", and we agreed about politics, but when they played the records, it was such a horrific racket that I soon craved the lyrical wit and virtuosity of the Exploited (that's sarcasm).

What was most amusing to me was that while my Crass-hole friends were vehement and preachy about their agendas (veganism, environmentalism, anti-materialism, etc.) they all ended up embodying what they despised.
To a man, they all dropped punk, started eating meat, and driving big gas guzzling SUVs, living in the suburbs and shopping at WalMart.

I, on the other hand, the non-Crass fan (not to toot my own horn), have been vegetarian for 18 years, have never owned a car and ride bike everywhere, have never shopped at Wal Mart, have put on many benefit shows and been very active in grassroots "lefty" political campaigns.

I didn't need Crass to "open my eyes", I already had my belief system in place, long before I heard them, and I will live the way I see fit until I die.

My experience has shown me that the Crass-holes were just "slumming" for a bit (just as their hippy-turned-yuppie parents did before them) before they turned into the average suburbanite scumbag.

And I will again ask...why do I have to defend what I post?

You hate the 101ers, Agent Orange and The Sex Pistols.
I like the 101ers and Agent Orange, and LOVE the Pistols, but I'm not asking you to defend your choices now, am I?

Different strokes for different folks.

ss311
04-04-2006, 02:24 PM
That nemo, is why we all love you :D

angusfenderbend
04-04-2006, 03:11 PM

Whenever I say something like that there's always some jackass there who looks at me vacantly and says, "But you're a girl." :rolleyes:

I hate Tiger Army
Anti-Flag
Clit 45
The Casualties
The Virus
Any other street punk bands who's lyrics go no deeper than me like beer, me hate hippies, anyone who not just like me isn't a punk, me tough GRRRRRR! They're like a cancer. They just inspire ****ty band after ****ty band until a local scene is just treminally infected with this empty-headed swill and shows aren't fun to go to. EDIT: And those token, insincere songs about unity that the put out are pretty ****ing awful too.

Tiger Army is considered punk here?

JohnnyNapalm
04-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Yeah sure Crust bands have metal influence, it's quite obvious, but it's still punk to me. Same message, just a little more hardcore.

But, hey. Whatever floats your boat Johnny.

But Yeah, The 101ers and Agent Orange are ****ing sweet.

NOFX-AquaCrack
04-04-2006, 03:49 PM
the RAMONES SUCK!!!...sorry. i had to say it

"hi ho lets go"

are they the elves from snow white?

Mach_Baron
04-04-2006, 04:13 PM
apparently Sublime and AFI are also considered "punk" here, as the mods refuse to lock out any threads pertaining to them.

and it's "hey ho" not "hi ho". do yer homework or clean out yer ears nofxaquanoobtopunkrock. and remember that without the Ramones, the bands you list as yer screen name wouldn't exist.

johnnynemo
04-04-2006, 06:03 PM
I never said that they wanted to be the next Slayer, just that they are influenced by metal bands, such as Slayer, and incorporate that sound into their own.

It's funny how Contravene admit to having a "metal influence" in their sound, but you can't.

But, I've actually been convinced by you.
I should definitely start a band where we grunt and scream about the worlds problems, so that no one can understand it.
The best way to communicate is definitely by doing it in a way that no one can understand it.
Brilliant.

JohnnyNapalm
04-04-2006, 06:14 PM
Actually Johnny, Contravene has a lot of singing and spoken and acoustic stuff. Not all of it is Punk Metal Crust stuff. It's just good ol' Peace Punk.

johnnynemo
04-04-2006, 06:47 PM
I know that they have terrible hippy-drippy accoustic songs like the first minute of "In the name of convenience".
Nothing says punk rock quite like an accoustic song.

I'm not sure what's worse, the hippy crap or the metal crap, but it all adds up to crap.

Did I mention that crust is crap?

JohnnyNapalm
04-04-2006, 06:57 PM
I'm a Crusty For Life.

But whatever floats your boat Johnny.

Mach_Baron
04-04-2006, 07:19 PM
acoustic or electric. it still equals crap.
i once saw ANAL C_NT do an all acoustic show in New Jersey, but it still sounded like dog doo to me.

JohnnyNapalm
04-04-2006, 07:36 PM
acoustic or electric. it still equals crap.
i once saw ANAL C_NT do an all acoustic show in New Jersey, but it still sounded like dog doo to me.
Well Anal C*nt are Grindcore.....Not crust......

Warm-And-Fuzzy
04-04-2006, 10:12 PM
I like Crass's politics, but have always hated their music.
I had many friends who were "crass-holes", and we agreed about politics, but when they played the records, it was such a horrific racket that I soon craved the lyrical wit and virtuosity of the Exploited (that's sarcasm).

What was most amusing to me was that while my Crass-hole friends were vehement and preachy about their agendas (veganism, environmentalism, anti-materialism, etc.) they all ended up embodying what they despised.
To a man, they all dropped punk, started eating meat, and driving big gas guzzling SUVs, living in the suburbs and shopping at WalMart.

I, on the other hand, the non-Crass fan (not to toot my own horn), have been vegetarian for 18 years, have never owned a car and ride bike everywhere, have never shopped at Wal Mart, have put on many benefit shows and been very active in grassroots "lefty" political campaigns.

I didn't need Crass to "open my eyes", I already had my belief system in place, long before I heard them, and I will live the way I see fit until I die.

My experience has shown me that the Crass-holes were just "slumming" for a bit (just as their hippy-turned-yuppie parents did before them) before they turned into the average suburbanite scumbag.

And I will again ask...why do I have to defend what I post?

You hate the 101ers, Agent Orange and The Sex Pistols.
I like the 101ers and Agent Orange, and LOVE the Pistols, but I'm not asking you to defend your choices now, am I?

Different strokes for different folks.

:)
Simple!
See, if anyone else on this forum says that they don't like a particular band that I find myself partial to, it means virtually nothing because they have not established credibility with me like you have.
You always use great detail in your reasoning, and if we have a contrasting opinion you usally have something new to open my mind up to.
In this particular case, you find that most "crass-holes" just use the music and message in an abusive manor - which is something that I find myself to be prevelant, and you said that you didn't like the music, which is all about preferance.
Now while I may not agree with you on some of those points, it was important for me to know that you didn't like them for something else that Crass did or did not do.
(Cause remember, I can read 1000 articles on crass, but chances are each one will be written by a fan.)

Yahz0r
04-05-2006, 07:13 AM
remember that without the Ramones, the bands you list as yer screen name wouldn't exist.
They still sucked ass. So does Crass. They bore me, crapp music.

johnnynemo
04-05-2006, 10:30 AM
Easy elitist , maybe you can go tell it to people who think you have actuall credibility an care.

* turns on Violent headache* :p:

Maybe I can tell it to people with actual grammar and writing skills.

My credibilty comes from the fact that you won't find a single punk band from '77 playing that crap that you call "crusty punk".
Complete and utter sh*te music made by pathetic drunks, full of sound and fury, and signifying NOTHING.

ss311
04-05-2006, 12:04 PM
Now now nemo, a band with a name like anal c_nt deserves to be heard.

JohnnyNapalm
04-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Maybe I can tell it to people with actual grammar and writing skills.

My credibilty comes from the fact that you won't find a single punk band from '77 playing that crap that you call "crusty punk".
Complete and utter sh*te music made by pathetic drunks, full of sound and fury, and signifying NOTHING.
How do you define punk rock?

Because I'll bet the definition fits crust bands too. Crust bands are just as punk as the sex pistols or the stooges, just harder and faster.

johnnynemo
04-05-2006, 03:36 PM
I already defined punk rock.

It's urban blues with pentatonic leads ala the Stooges "Raw Power" or New York Dolls "Personality Crisis".

Crust is very metal-influenced, which means that the leads follow chromatic scales, like classical and baroque music.

Iluvpowerchords
04-05-2006, 03:36 PM
How do you define punk rock?

He already defined it in this thread.

Punk rock is urban blues music played at mid to uptempo, with pentatonic leads, ala The Stooges "Raw Power" or The New York Dolls "Personality Crisis".

This whole "crust" argument thing has gone on far too long. You're obviously not going to suddenly make Nemo like crust.

make like 'nam and withdraw while there is still something to be redeemed.

JohnnyNapalm
04-05-2006, 03:39 PM
I already defined punk rock.

It's urban blues with pentatonic leads ala the Stooges "Raw Power" or New York Dolls "Personality Crisis".

Crust is very metal-influenced, which means that the leads follow chromatic scales, like classical and baroque music.
Sorry I didn't see that :p:

But yeah, I guess this discussion has gone on long enough.

To each his own.

Ninjor
04-05-2006, 04:11 PM
The Clash, just don't like them at all.

johnnynemo
04-05-2006, 04:24 PM
Like everything you say, planetary ruins, your argument is specious, at best, and mostly laughable.

Some of the rhythms may be similar (different notes, by the way, genius), but the lead parts are completely different, the guitars sound different, and the entire songs are played at a different rhythm, with a completely different feel, and you know it.

The crust metal leads follow chromatic progressions and the Stooges follow pentatonic scale.
Do you even know what a scale is?

Secondly, the overwhelming majority of crust bands, including Contravene, play fast metal music, with screaming and/or grunting.
Once again....Contravene admits to having a metal influence, but you can't admit that.
The fact that they do some hippy acapella crap at the beginning of some of their songs, should show you that IT'S NOT PUNK, IT'S HIPPIES PLAYING BAD METAL.

Thirdly, not a single f*cking band in 1977 played that crap and that's a historical fact.

Fourthly, you crusties sit around b*tching about the world's problems, but you don't do anything about it, except protest and beat your lil drums, (or play crappy metal) instead of getting involved and actually trying to change things.
I see lil crusties on the streets, bumming change, rather than getting a job, and then spending that money on booze and drugs.
Complete wastes of skin.

Then when they get run off by the cops, they run back to the safety of their nice suburban homes.

When Texas was filling up with Hurrican Katrina refugees, where were the crusties?
Sitting on the street bumming money, getting drunk and selling/doing drugs.

Meanwhile I saw several punks doing volunteer work at the Red Cross and other places.

At the end of the day, in spite of the self-righteous crap that you crusties spew, all you really do is get drunk and waste space.

misfitsdisciple
04-05-2006, 10:18 PM
sadly thats what most punks seens are, elitist.

Zygoat
04-05-2006, 11:10 PM
ah thee olde rant of whats real punk and what's not, a million in one ways to stroke your ego

*sits down and gets comfortable*

johnnynemo
04-06-2006, 10:46 AM
hahah man stop bitching , your a joke.Your just mad cause crust is punk i guess?i dont know.Maybe you dont like the pussy music you listen to.Anyways, get over i dont care.Stop trying to be an elitist,thats the last thing the punk scene needs , an idiot who gets proved wrong an only defince is to say"that music sucks".whatever... and for your info by the age of 20(which is how old i am) ive been involved in direct action,rasing money for politcal prisoners,primate freedom protests,immigration protests,ELF/ALF action,CAFTA protests/and work,WTO protests,Eco-villages like the gaian mind (http://gaian-mind.org/cs/) , and are on my way to getting my MComm and Environmental studies degree from berkeley state.While you come on here to argue with kids,look at yourself befor you make mass judgments of people and their scene.

good day :p:

First of all, you're a pathetic joke.
You're about to graduate from college and you have the grammar skills of a toddler.
Everytime you post, it's riddled with misspelled words and glaring grammatical errors, such as using the possessive your, when you should be using the contraction you'rebut I guess you're too drunk to notice.

Secondly, protest does NOTHING.
To quote Conflict ( From Protest to Resistance)

There's no f*cking way that anything's going to change,
it depends on you and you now!
We can protest till death, they won't listen
don't sit back and think it will happen.
They won't give up what they've robbed,
stand up and resist.

Those of us who really care are involved in real actions, not just walking around beating a drum and pretending like that's gonna change anything.
It never will.
If you want change, then you've got to get involved, but I doubt that you can stay sober long enough to go to zoning hearings to keep Walmart and Starbucks out of your neighborhoods, like I have.
Laws that affect you are being written everyday, but do you bother to write your representative and attempt to fight for good legislation or fight against bad legislation, that
will make a change.
No, of course not.
You'd rather sit around and listen to crappy metal, or go to a rally and carry a sign, than do any actual work.
What a f*cking joke.

H*ll, I even took on the IRS and won.
What the f*ck have you done?
Nothing, cuz that's what crusties do.
Nothing.

Thirdly, the crap you listen to, that you have deluded yourself into believing is punk, is crappy metal.
NOT ONE SINGLE BAND IN 1977 PLAYED CRAP LIKE THAT, SO IT'S NOT PUNK.

Get a clue, get involved and GET A LIFE !

angusfenderbend
04-06-2006, 11:50 AM
the RAMONES SUCK!!!...sorry. i had to say it

"hi ho lets go"

are they the elves from snow white?

huh?

ss311
04-06-2006, 11:57 AM
Well planetary, you got nemo mad...

webaldo
04-06-2006, 05:34 PM
i dont like casualities because of their vocal, sex pistols sux also (but i respect them as punk legends). i understand people who dont like nofx because their albums f.e. punk in drublic and other albums after that. but, i was really great fan of nofx and i still am because of their first albums - Liberal Animation and S&M Airlines which are true Punk-Rock albums.

Zygoat
04-06-2006, 06:06 PM
:rolleyes: hahah this emo person is one step from deeming himself cybergod and lord of all things punk. calling people out on spelling is just a diversion from the subject. it makes you no better, its the eff'in net. the whole idea of this thread is pretty stupid. all music is subject to opinon, but emo man seems to think his is the only one that matters cause he spells well. i'd have to say you're the joke. stop stroking your ancient ego and taking the fun out of such a silly subject...you don't know all, nobody does
so go listen to the same boring crap yet again, and get over yourself

*takes ruins 40oz. and slaps axegrinder on instead*

johnnynemo
04-06-2006, 06:38 PM
:rolleyes: hahah this emo person is one step from deeming himself cybergod and lord of all things punk. calling people out on spelling is just a diversion from the subject. it makes you no better, its the eff'in net. the whole idea of this thread is pretty stupid. all music is subject to opinon, but emo man seems to think his is the only one that matters cause he spells well. i'd have to say you're the joke. stop stroking your ancient ego and taking the fun out of such a silly subject...you don't know all, nobody does
so go listen to the same boring crap yet again, and get over yourself

*takes ruins 40oz. and slaps axegrinder on instead*

I'm one step away from slapping you mom for giving birth to such an a$$clown.

I don't care what you think of me or this thread.
I was listening to punk when you really were a zygote, so your opinion, much like the metal crap you listen to, is useless.

Maybe you and planetary ruins should get a room and listen to Insane Clown Posse and play hide the sausage with each other.

johnnynemo
04-06-2006, 06:39 PM
I know i think its funny.He obviously isnt cut out for online talking.At first he tried to actually make sense and give reason now hes just a bitch hahahha ohwell doesnt bother me i think its funny and love it. and this is online where people use LOL,BRB, and **** like that im not gonna use you're most people understand.Your the first not to haha. Poor nemo doesnt know what direct action means . ohwell seems about right.NEMO GO CRY AND LISTEN TO PUSSY MUSIC

*puts on slayer and drinks a 40*

PS: if you can change histroy of punk by saying crust isnt punk then so can i.From now on any band in 77 is now called PUSSCORE(im sorry but you cant change that its pusscore now)

Poor planetary ruins.
His brain is so addled from booze and listening to crappy metal, that he not only can't spell or use proper grammar, but he can't debate a single point.

Just another useless, pathetic crusty who can barely spell his own name.
Do you have any idea how idiotic you sound, when you say things like "any band in 77 is called PUSSCORE"?
I know people with Downs syndrome, who are laughinig at how stupid you are.

BTW, using the terms "bitch" and "pussy" aren't very PC.
You might wanna curb that before you and the other hippies get together to play/ listen to crappy metal and do nothing.
You might offend certain womyn with language like that.

Be sure to get nice and drunk, and maybe, get behind the wheel of a car.
That way, after you expire, they can harvest your organs, and you will finally be useful.

JohnnyNapalm
04-06-2006, 06:49 PM
Damnit. My computer keeps freezing when I try to post this argument. I'll post it later.

johnnynemo
04-06-2006, 06:52 PM
Nevermind.
Server error.

dumps
04-06-2006, 06:54 PM
green day piss me off i cant stand them!

Gabuydachk
04-06-2006, 06:57 PM
Sex Pistols

JohnnyNapalm
04-06-2006, 07:01 PM
Ok Nemo, here's my argument.

Sure, I bitch about worlds problems. But You know what I do? I write letters to congress. You know what I do? I boycott KFC, McDonalds, Walmart and any other big corporation. You know what I do? I make my own clothes and donate the money made from selling them to goodwill or Katrina funds.

You know why I don't have a job? It's because I'm not a filthy capitalist. That would be completely hypocritical. You know why I beg for money? You try and get money off your broke dad after a night of him and his buddies spending all their money on LSD and Coke. And No I don't live in a nice, suburban home. And if your thinking this, I'm not on my own computer. I spend my time at the library. Reading and posting.

Where were you when the Nazis marched in Toledo? You know where I was? I was fighting off looters and helping people rebuild the buildings that were lost.

You know what I do? I give back to society.

I'm a crusty. And I'm ****ing proud of it.

Iluvpowerchords
04-06-2006, 07:10 PM
unemployment isn't "punk"

There's nothing wrong with making a living.

JohnnyNapalm
04-06-2006, 07:10 PM
It is wrong when you preach anti-capitalism.

JohnnyNapalm
04-06-2006, 07:50 PM
Do you like Regular Punk Bands Planetary Ruins? Like DK and Black Flag?

Zygoat
04-06-2006, 07:56 PM
I'm one step away from slapping you mom for giving birth to such an a$$clown.

I don't care what you think of me or this thread.
I was listening to punk when you really were a zygote, so your opinion, much like the metal crap you listen to, is useless.

Maybe you and planetary ruins should get a room and listen to Insane Clown Posse and play hide the sausage with each other.

.....ok.

wow i don't even have to say another thing, your reply says enough.
you're a joke with a monsterous e-ego. ICP? what the hell hahah. you're dumb man. hahaha

waterproofpie
04-06-2006, 08:41 PM
Hahah....

Hide the sausage and ICP.

Hilaaaaarious.
Like Nick Cannon

ss311
04-07-2006, 01:04 AM
It's when everyone comes online, sees a nemo post and decides to make a cheap argument out of it that bugs me. Nemo takes time and effort to make his posts legible and then others have no 'time' to post in reasonably clear English. I have trouble understanding half of it. What's so funny is that nemo is being pished on at least once a week. There's always someone with an aggressive thing to say.

Basser121503
04-07-2006, 01:24 AM
What's so bad about crust? Napalm seems to have done alot of things to really help out and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm sure alot of them aren't like that but all punk's are different. I just don't see the point in bashing something someone else enjoys, it doesn't accomplish anything.

ss311
04-07-2006, 01:38 AM
Look at the start of the thread everyone posted bands they dislike. Who had to suffer and be interrogated about his taste? Nemo. Go bash someone else for friggin' once. I'm not questioning Napalm's integrity on the matter as he knows. I, like nemo, fail to understand the point of listening to drivel comprised of grunts and growls that noone can understand. A band that grunts and growls could be screaming, I like sheep testicles' and in the lyrics type something completely different and noone would no the difference. Question someone else's muscal taste.

Basser121503
04-07-2006, 01:42 AM
I don't like music like that at all. I want to be able to understand what I'm listening to I just don't see what so bad about the people who listen to it.

ss311
04-07-2006, 01:47 AM
When one states the bands one does not like in a thread designed for the aforementioned purpose it is not expected that they will be questioned about it. Noone else was, so why nemo?

Basser121503
04-07-2006, 01:59 AM
I don't know why he was attacked either but arguing doesn't make anything better. The whole crust thing should be dropped and just get back to bands we don't like without personal attacks.

johnnynemo
04-07-2006, 10:22 AM
Ok Nemo, here's my argument.

Sure, I bitch about worlds problems. But You know what I do? I write letters to congress. You know what I do? I boycott KFC, McDonalds, Walmart and any other big corporation. You know what I do? I make my own clothes and donate the money made from selling them to goodwill or Katrina funds.

You don't go to KFC, McDonalds and Walmart, because you don't have a job, or any money.
That's not being ethical, that's being broke.

Thanks for donating to the Katrina fund.
We were able to feed everyone with that nickel you gave up.

And how does that letter read?

Dear Congressperson,

Although I don't have a job, don't pay taxes, and can 't be bothered to vote, please clean up the streets, so that I can pass out drunk in them.

Your pal,

Crusty the Clown

You know why I don't have a job? It's because I'm not a filthy capitalist. That would be completely hypocritical. You know why I beg for money? You try and get money off your broke dad after a night of him and his buddies spending all their money on LSD and Coke. And No I don't live in a nice, suburban home. And if your thinking this, I'm not on my own computer. I spend my time at the library. Reading and posting.

You have a job; you're a bum.
And just like the worst capitalists, you take money, that you didn't earn, from working people and use it to get drunk, high or whatever.
Do you realize how much real change you can make if you got a job and donated money from your paycheck to worthy causes?
But you might come dangerously close to breaking a sweat and it would seriously cut into your drinking/drugging time.

Where were you when the Nazis marched in Toledo? You know where I was? I was fighting off looters and helping people rebuild the buildings that were lost.

You know what I do? I give back to society.

I'm a crusty. And I'm ****ing proud of it.

I was fighting Nazis before you could walk, son.
You have no idea how many of them I've put in the hospital and/or jail.

You take from society when you're panhandling.
If you had a job, then your tax dollars would go to help the poor, elderly and sick, but then you'd be an evil capitalist, by your twisted logic.

So,instead, you leech off society, just like the wealthy do.
And you're proud of that?

johnnynemo
04-07-2006, 10:34 AM
Well J emo

It is idiotic to say bands in 77 are pusscore.Thats because im 100% copying you and changing punk histroy.But you cant even see that?Might aswell be calling yourself idiotic.And I saw you say bitch in another post and edit it out and now you call me on it?WOW thats how fake you realy are huh hypocrit.HAHHAHA.And i proved you wrong with contravene and crusties do change stuff but your response is always the same "that sucks crusties drink alot" pffffffff.You have weak comeback along with weak arguments.Ive proved we change stuff just being involoved in CAFTA work,ALF/ELF DIRECT ACTION, and things like gaian mind (http://gaian-mind.org/cs/) , just by SHEER STATISTICS YOUR WRONG,sorry bud.haha dont try to hard on your next post you seem frustrated.And i maybe drink 2 days a month if that hahah.

*plays some crust PUNK*

I'm asking you, for the fifth time, to name ONE band in 1977, who played music that sounds like the metal crap you listen to.
You can't and so you venture into silly, deluded games of semantics and petty insults.
How pathetic and completely useless.

Speaking of uselessness...... Protesting does NOTHING.
As I already posted, Conflict figured that out decades ago, but you're too stupid to.
How sad.

President Bush has millions of people protesting him, but he's still able to destroy the world quite efficiently.

But hey, planetary ruins, go ahead and march around, beat your little drum, listen to Korn, maybe even burn your bra, if you want.
It won't change anything, but you'll be too drunk to notice.

Meanwhile those of us who really care will work to make real changes, because we live in reality.

ss311
04-07-2006, 11:25 AM
Nemo I agree with more or less everything you said concerning planetary but Napalm, although lazy for not getting a job and helping the poor through a paycheque, does do reasonably more than someone like me. I do agree that living off society is irritating an dam tired of my taxes going to people here who could have a job but do nothing however, he's still young and has time to get one :D One step at a time.

clash1057
04-07-2006, 12:53 PM
the distillers

ss311
04-07-2006, 01:16 PM
Can we close this thread Rankles?

johnnynemo
04-07-2006, 02:17 PM
Nemo I agree with more or less everything you said concerning planetary but Napalm, although lazy for not getting a job and helping the poor through a paycheque, does do reasonably more than someone like me. I do agree that living off society is irritating an dam tired of my taxes going to people here who could have a job but do nothing however, he's still young and has time to get one :D One step at a time.

I agree with your point, and appreciate you adding the voice of sanity to this exchange.

However, when I see Katrina victims, who are too old and/or sick to work, panhandling next to perfectly healthy, young people who can't be bothered to get a job, it really irks me.

ss311
04-07-2006, 02:29 PM
That bastid in office took a nice long while to send aid didn't he. Then when the people started stealing he told CNN to say that the blacks steal etc.

Nemo, I just don't want you to get too many warnings that could result in a ban and these boardw ithout you might be a bit bland. Mach would have to tell me all about DC without any help and it might drive him to insanity :D

johnnynemo
04-07-2006, 03:31 PM
ss 311,

I never did know when to back down from a fight.
I blame it on Lou Reed and his "Take No Prisoners" that corrupted me.

I think (hope) that we are protected from bannings by the nature of this thread.
It's kinda like a pressure valve that releases our pent-up aggro.

I mean, I congratulated Johnny Napalm in his DOA BOTM thread, so it's not like we're having a flame war all over the place; just here.
Also, it's just a heated discussion about the place that "crusty music" has in the history of punk and the ideals of crusties versus the actions of the same.
Not really a big deal, IMHO.

But, if I do get banned, then I'll have mad street cred, like waterproofpie and prince.

And I'll need that, as the armies of crusties descend upon me to spare-change me to death.

ss311
04-07-2006, 04:10 PM
Planetary Ruins you have typed the same text every single time you've posted to nemo in this thread. Anything else to say?

Nemo, how did you get Nazis landed in jail?

johnnynemo
04-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Well mr emo

At first i was joking.But you proven you REALY dont know what CAFTA work and direct action is .Cant say im not suprised.And you have an elitist atittude and some how think that your age gives you some cred over people maybe because youve protested befor they were born.Id bet youve never protested, you just make it all up online to keep something interesting from you boring pathetic existence.And i dont know any good or bad 77 bands(besides ones like discharge who play punk/metal even on their demos).But im not gonna blindly attack them obviously not knowing what im talking about like you and get proven wrong then use petty comebacks.Funny thing is you dont even seem to know what STATS are hahha, thats bad.And stray away from facts and say"protesting changes nothing, didnt you see i posted lyrics from a hypocrit band like conflict?" hahha.Maybe you can have some more lame combacks"listen to korn hahaha, im so clever hahah ohhhhh" Your fake and its proven :D .

Well, mr. imaginary doins,

Discharge didn't play punk/metal at first; they played '77 style punk.
They scrapped that sound and re-invented themselves, 2 years later, before they released their first 7".

So....you lost the music battle, so now you're trying to win the protest battle?

You can't change the fact that millions around the world protest Bush, and yet it hasn't phased him on bit, or stopped him from doing/not doing anything, so you cameback with CAFTA?
CAFTA passed last year and was implemented on March 1st, so what exactly are you doing?
Whatever you did, it didn't work.

A friend of mine went to Mexico to protest CAFTA and the WTO, and all that happy crap.
None of it made a bit of difference.
Meanwhile, me and some motivated individuals, stopped greedy corporate swine from strip-mining and putting a landfill in a town near where I live.

Protest changes NOTHING.
I learned that the hard way, after going to many, many demos, and seeing nothing change.
That's why I'm all for direct action.
Protesting Nazis didn't change anything, but putting them in jail changed everything.

Read what this guy says, he gets it...
http://nypress.com/17/36/news%26columns/Taibbi2.cfm

"Protests can now be ignored because our media has learned how to dismiss them, because our police know how to contain them, and because our leaders now know that once a protest is peacefully held and concluded, the protestors simply go home and sit on their asses until the next protest or the next election. They are not going to go home and bomb draft offices, take over campuses, riot in the streets. Instead, although there are many earnest, involved political activists among them, the majority will simply go back to their lives, surf the net and wait for the ballot. Which to our leaders means that, in most cases, if you allow a protest to happen? Nothing happens."

Direct action can really change things, but you aren't defining what exactly you're doing.
If it's just a bake sale or one of your let's-camp-in-the-woods-and-get-drunk-and-listen-to-crappy-metal-and-pretend-we're-making-a-difference weekends, it won't change anything.

And what are you after when you're babbling about stats?
Are you talking about statistics?
Care to elaborate what you mean by that?
Or is it just more drunken babbling?

Here's a lil thing started by some cool people that I know who got tired of protesting and decided that they wanted to make a real difference.
Maybe you'll finally see the light.

http://www.rhizomecollective.org/

ss311
04-07-2006, 04:32 PM
Impressive nemo.

johnnynemo
04-07-2006, 05:08 PM
Nemo, how did you get Nazis landed in jail?

Me and a bunch of my friends did everything we could think of to fight Nazis.

We stopped them from beating up kids at shows, we started SHARP and SPAR chapters, we went to anti-Klan rallies, we went on TV and explained the difference between SHARPs and nazis, we fought them at every opportunity and we even tried talking some of the more intelligent ones out of being nazis.

Things got out of hand, after this crazy guy, who hung out with us, stabbed a nazi.
A hardcore show turned into a huge race riot and guns were pulled.

Most of the Nazis dropped out after that and grew their hair in.
Some saw the error of their ways and switched sides.
In the end, we chased the racists almost entirely out of our scene.

Funny story:
A friend of mine beat this one guy down for spray-painting a swastika on a synagogue, and then dragged him to the police station.
He told the cops that he was attacked by the Nazi, when he tried to prevent him from vandalizing a temple with racist graffiti.
Nazi goes to jail.

One week later, the same guy who beat the Nazi down and got him arrested, got arrested for stealing a purse at a nightclub, when he was drunk and broke.

The cop who processed him remembered him from earlier and said "I thought you were alright when ya brought in that nazi, but what the h*ll where you thinking stealing someone's purse?"

My friend, who was super drunk, just looked at him and said "It's all a mistake. I thought it was my purse."

johnnynemo
04-07-2006, 07:45 PM
You're wrong about Discharge.,Discharge didn't sound like that in '77.
No one did.
Since you won't take it from me, perhaps this will persuade you.

http://www.answers.com/topic/discharge-band

Discharge began as a classic 1977-style punk band before Clay Records picked it up in 1979; the band's sound developed into a high-speed noise overload best heard on its Realities of War debut EP recorded for Clay and released in 1980.
With the Lurkers' producer and label manager Mike Stone on production duties, in short, punk was changed forever with this release, and the hardcore and grindcore scenes were given the seed that informed the countless groups that emulated the Discharge sound. Along with the Anti-Nowhere League, Chron Gen, Anti-Pasti, and the Exploited, the group injected a new rage into the dying U.K. punk scene by fusing the abrasive metallic noise of Motörhead to the political sentiments of Crass.

I've already posted some of the things that I've done, but you still haven't listed anything that you've done.
Probably because you have nothing to post, other than your beating a drum or carrying a sign when marching in a demo.

As to direct action.......I know exactly what direct action is.
It's what I do and you don't.
I've said this over and over, but you still can't seem to understand it.
Put down the 40 and put on your work boots, if you have any.

Millions of protesters later, Bush is still president, CAFTA passed, The WTO is still making sweatshops, etc., etc..........so kindly show me how protesting changes anything.
It doesn't, and the PTB already know this, which is why they allow it.

You're arguments are weak, your reasoning is faulty and you keep fumbling over the same points.

I'm done with you.
You just don't get it and you probably never will.

JohnnyNapalm
04-07-2006, 09:13 PM
Ok guys heres a good way to stop this.

PR: "haha nemo, that's a good one, crust isn't punk."

Nemo: "Haha I know, arent we awesome? But I should learn to respect your views as well as my own"

PR: "me too nemo, Me too."

:D

mrFood
04-07-2006, 10:38 PM
ANTI-FLAG. AUGH.

I LOVE how their singer has a British accent, yet they're from California or something.

ss311
04-08-2006, 05:31 AM
Napalm had a solution. Let's do that :D

.:iloveyou:.
04-09-2006, 02:15 PM
These guys are so NOT punk, but everyone loves them and consideres them punk, so...

Hawthorn Heights
Fall Out Boy
Simple Plan
Good Charlotte
And most mainstream punk bands... but I still have my respect.

and I like some KoRn, they sound pretty cool.

usuckhugeonez
04-09-2006, 04:59 PM
^How can you hate Black Flag?

Blastphomy.

(Or however you spell it)blasphemy :)

ThisIsFreedom??
04-09-2006, 06:33 PM
ANTI-FLAG. AUGH.

I LOVE how their singer has a British accent, yet they're from California or something.

you mean, philidelphia? i dont hear the british accent, but maybe that's just me.

crass has always bugged me. i dont know what it is about them, but they just bug me. and nofx if they count. that guys voice is annoying as hell.

the exploited 1
04-10-2006, 01:19 AM
These guys are so NOT punk, but everyone loves them and consideres them punk, so...

Hawthorn Heights
Fall Out Boy
Simple Plan
Good Charlotte
And most mainstream punk bands... but I still have my respect.

and I like some KoRn, they sound pretty cool.

define everyone.

Adam_Harrison9
04-11-2006, 11:21 AM
Am I like the only person that thought Johnny Cash's early stuff was, like, the first punk music?

Am I the only person that think Anti-Flag are a quality punk band. When I say "punk", i mean a band with emotion and a decent message and still has the good songs to go with it........

nofx_2525
04-11-2006, 11:22 AM
Lol, Kid Rock..****... and some other stuff..

boredretard
04-11-2006, 12:23 PM
The Germs.

I don't like the guitar sound.

the germs rule!

anyway i think id say anti-flag, cause i hate the dude's voice. i like some songs though

HarryManback
04-12-2006, 12:51 AM
sex pistols casulties street punk basicaly

Rock1986
04-12-2006, 01:55 AM
define everyone.

I assume he means mainsteam ignorami

ss311
04-12-2006, 03:50 AM
Gg

Stoner Loner
04-12-2006, 01:41 PM
I love punk but i think green day shouldn't even be considered punk at all i hate them.

sassamafras
04-12-2006, 04:03 PM
i hate the sex pistols, i don't care if they were punk pioneers, their music was more messed up then most punk bands and john lyndons voice is just horrible and is a bitch to listen too, their worst song that i've heard is 'so vaccant'.

euge453
04-12-2006, 04:07 PM
Stop hating on Green Day. They're so good. I can guarantee you nearly everyone on this forum liked Green Day when they came out with Dookie. American Idiot was a well done album. Just because 8th grade girls like it doesn't mean it suddenly becomes bad music. Green Day is pop-punk. That has the word punk in it.

I hate the Casualties. Every song is the same and/or stolen from someone else. Basically, they're just an all around suck-ass band.

johnnynemo
04-12-2006, 04:08 PM
i hate the sex pistols, i don't care if they were punk pioneers, their music was more messed up then most punk bands and john lyndons voice is just horrible and is a bitch to listen too, their worst song that i've heard is 'so vaccant'.

Song's called "Pretty Vacant", genius.

johnnynemo
04-12-2006, 04:10 PM
Stop hating on Green Day. They're so good. I can guarantee you nearly everyone on this forum liked Green Day when they came out with Dookie. American Idiot was a well done album. Just because 8th grade girls like it doesn't mean it suddenly becomes bad music. Green Day is pop-punk. That has the word punk in it.

I hate the Casualties. Every song is the same and/or stolen from someone else. Basically, they're just an all around suck-ass band.

I nearly beat the h*ll out of Green Day on their first tour and have hated them since those hippies first cut their hair and pretended to be punks.

They are sh*te and they don't belong in this forum.

But, I agree with you about the Casualties.

Rock1986
04-12-2006, 07:54 PM

There is also a forum with the words pop AND punk in it. So why don't you go whine about how no one in the punk forum likes them there

HarryManback
04-12-2006, 10:31 PM
yea i forgot
green day can suck my dick. **** them.

somepunkkid
04-12-2006, 11:25 PM

no, no one liked them, in fact no one likes you either, go die

everyone else hates the casualties here too so dont go thinking your all high and mighty because you think they suck.

Leftover_Crack
04-12-2006, 11:47 PM

everyone else hates the casualties here too so dont go thinking your all high and mighty because you think they suck.

He never said he was high and mighty for hating the casualties and I don't think he thinks hes anything special for hating them. You just dislike him for his green day statement and decided to give him as much as shit as possible. Which is rather mean of you.

Basser121503
04-12-2006, 11:51 PM
I like the Pistols but I don't like Johhny. He's a bit of a prick and a hypocrite IMO

sassamafras
04-13-2006, 08:24 PM
Song's called "Pretty Vacant", genius.

geez i'm sorry the song just sucked sooooo badly i fergot the name of the song

minorthreat123
04-14-2006, 10:41 AM
green day, Anti-Flag, Dead Kenndeys

They all suck

guitarfan93
04-14-2006, 11:41 PM
the casualities

Leftover_Crack
04-15-2006, 01:14 AM
geez i'm sorry the song just sucked sooooo badly i fergot the name of the song

Sex Pistols>>nofx, rancid and im betting they're better then the "etc.." you listen to also.

pinheadslts75
04-15-2006, 01:49 PM
Okay, everyone stop posting about Green Day. The name of this thread is which Punk bands you can't stand.

And no, Green Day are pop-rock. Screeching Weasel, The Decendents, The Buzzcocks, Lifetime, Jawbreaker and The Ramones are pop-punk.

FenderStrat1337
04-18-2006, 04:37 PM

Everyone on this forum hates Green Day too so dont think your all high and mighty because you think they suck

Lukeisonfire
04-18-2006, 04:47 PM
I ****in hate rancid, against me!, and the drop kick murphies. God damn irish punk **** ticks me off. I love irish people trust me they just make annoying loud punk.

waterproofpie
04-18-2006, 05:04 PM
I ****in hate rancid, against me!, and the drop kick murphies. God damn irish punk **** ticks me off. I love irish people trust me they just make annoying loud punk.

I guess the Real McKenzies and the Pogues suck too then

johnnynemo
04-18-2006, 05:30 PM
Nips and the Nipple Erectors might just change your mind.

I hate Dropkick Murphys and was never a Pogues fan, but the Nips have some good songs.

Prince
04-18-2006, 05:46 PM
Nips and the Nipple Erectors might just change your mind.

I hate Dropkick Murphys and was never a Pogues fan, but the Nips have some good songs.

have you ever heard the Real Mckenzies?
Droppin Like Flies (http://realmckenzies.com/audio/droppin.mp3)

they dont suck like the drop kick murphys

waterproofpie
04-18-2006, 05:48 PM
A friend sent me a Nipple Erectors song, and I thought it was pretty weird, but I liked it.

And yes, the Real McKenzies rule.

JohnnyNapalm
04-18-2006, 07:21 PM
have you ever heard the Real Mckenzies?
Droppin Like Flies (http://realmckenzies.com/audio/droppin.mp3)

they dont suck like the drop kick murphys
Truer Words have never been spoken :cheers:

But thats like the most used Real Mckenzies song ever. It's so boring after a while

opivy21
04-18-2006, 09:39 PM
Now that people mention them, I remember that I can't stand Irish folk punk bands.

somepunkkid
04-18-2006, 09:44 PM
He never said he was high and mighty for hating the casualties and I don't think he thinks hes anything special for hating them. You just dislike him for his green day statement and decided to give him as much as shit as possible. Which is rather mean of you.

yes i am a dick ;)

Everyone on this forum hates Green Day too so dont think your all high and mighty because you think they suck

I never said i think they suck. Look at my post :rolleyes:

nosedivekarma
04-18-2006, 10:03 PM
Those ultra self-righteous bands who came out of the punk-hardcore crossover. The ones that sound like they're giving you a lecture rather than a show: the ones that lack any sense of humour and seem to treat the stage like a gymnasium where they can flex their silly pumped up testosterone filled bodies. The bands who seem to forget that punk has always been more about the Shangri-Las, dressing up and reading comic books than it is about feeding cider to your pet mongrel called 'Che' and comparing squat accomodation.

minorthreat123
04-18-2006, 10:05 PM
i hate street punk

hardrock1315
04-18-2006, 11:41 PM
Those ultra self-righteous bands who came out of the punk-hardcore crossover. The ones that sound like they're giving you a lecture rather than a show: the ones that lack any sense of humour and seem to treat the stage like a gymnasium where they can flex their silly pumped up testosterone filled bodies. The bands who seem to forget that punk has always been more about the Shangri-Las, dressing up and reading comic books than it is about feeding cider to your pet mongrel called 'Che' and comparing squat accomodation.

I believe you mean "NYHC".

[]-Pul\lK-[]
04-19-2006, 01:17 AM
The Ataris and Denali. I don't hate them like I want them to die but they just suck.

waterproofpie
04-19-2006, 01:45 PM
The Ataris and Denali aren't punk.

But Denali does rock.
Hard.
I wish they didn't break up.

RockThe40oz
04-19-2006, 01:50 PM
Dead Kennedys

UrethraSwabber
04-20-2006, 10:40 PM
Joe you call yourself a punk and you dont like black flag?! Anyways, is NOFX even considered punk by most people? I know some people call them punk, but they're mad lame, along with those bands like them, like AFI. I also hate people who call green day and dashboard confessional punk. I've even heard people call Ashley Simpson punk. Gahhhhh

NOFX_JustinSane
04-22-2006, 12:27 PM
Anything Pop Punk
The Transplants
Leftover Crack
The Undertones
The Buzzcocks

NOFX_JustinSane
04-22-2006, 12:28 PM
Joe you call yourself a punk and you dont like black flag?! Anyways, is NOFX even considered punk by most people? I know some people call them punk, but they're mad lame, along with those bands like them, like AFI. I also hate people who call green day and dashboard confessional punk. I've even heard people call Ashley Simpson punk. Gahhhhh

NOFX are ****in awesome, and yes they are punk!
As for the other bands u mentioned, aye they suck!

whyvern
04-22-2006, 12:35 PM
NOFX are ****in awesome, and yes they are punk!
As for the other bands u mentioned, aye they suck!

To each his own but when you're playing secret shows for Myspace.com and you talk about how much you hate FOX news and corporate media... it kinda makes you a hypocrite... and not very punk.

bucky_2300
04-22-2006, 02:31 PM
Truer Words have never been spoken :cheers:

But thats like the most used Real Mckenzies song ever. It's so boring after a while

Whoaaa, people talking about the Real McKenzies! Yeah, they're a sweet band. I remember flogging them on here a couple of years ago when IUMA was still one of the better places to find their music - around when they were on Sudden Death and before they went to Fat Wreck.

I used to have a copy of their S/T debut from '95, I wonder where it went.

waterproofpie
04-22-2006, 03:23 PM
Basically anyone says something stupid talking about "irish punk" and how "the huge amount of well known irish punk bands suck", someone refers to the Pogues or Real McKenzies.

Atleast thats what I've seen..

alaskansnollama
04-22-2006, 05:15 PM
The transplants were always fun to laugh at... or with.
I liked diamonds and guns. It was a good joke.

TiMaRmStRoNg101
04-22-2006, 05:46 PM
I love the nipple erectors
whatever Shane dips his fingers into is usually orgasmic.

uh
I don't like The Clash.

YAY_FOR_PIE
04-22-2006, 08:44 PM
The Ramones. Yeah, I said it.

TimiHendrix33
04-22-2006, 08:55 PM
Anything involving John Lydon.

death to emo
04-24-2006, 08:14 PM
I never really liked ramones, the clash, or bad religion but some of there songs are ok i dont know if you concider Social Distortion punk or not in my opinion they are but all those bands are too mellow for me

Evans McGee
05-30-2006, 09:03 PM
well for some reason i cant stand sex pistols whatsoever, i dont really care what they did, i just dont like them haha. ramones i cant stand, the new misfits i cant really stand either. the new antiflag stuff is really bad, i preferd justin sane's old days but whatev, he makes millions now by wearing the polo shirts and jumping around on stage and preaching to kids who arent listening, so whatever.i also dont like rancid much at all, i know theyre supposed to be some lovely little example of music, but i want to hit someone everytime i hear that dude sing.

of course this is from a dudes whos guilty listening pleasures is the occasional tiger army song and copious amounts of flogging molly, pogues, mahones, and trying to get my hands on all the popes songs i can find. go ahead and criticize my listening habits, it isn't gonna stop me.

MattTheArsonist
05-30-2006, 09:37 PM
The Casualties...

ss311
05-31-2006, 03:31 AM
fat mike really bugged me when I found out he does secret myspace shows and then whines about the corporate media today. Just who own myspace Mike?

Secondly, I sent fatwreckchords a letter a year ago to which they never even replied.

MattTheArsonist
05-31-2006, 06:06 AM
I hate nearly every band claiming to be "punk", "hardcore", or "emo" on Victory Records...

JohnnyNapalm
05-31-2006, 08:36 PM
^hey, catch 22 is damn good.

MattTheArsonist
06-01-2006, 06:15 AM
I'm talking about bands like TBS and Hawthorne Heights....*Shudders*

ryanL91
06-03-2006, 01:43 AM
casualties, dead kennedies, sex pistols

waterproofpie
06-03-2006, 02:18 AM
I hate nearly every band claiming to be "punk", "hardcore", or "emo" on Victory Records...

I like how you look at the roster of bands Victory has...
and you see pictures of the generic side swept hair, ear gauges, etc.
And then out of no where, a bunch of fat bald guys
with the caption "VOODOO GLOW SKULLS"

which is another reason people should stop hating on that band.
Cause they're like...unattractive and stuff.

ss311
06-03-2006, 05:26 AM
VGS is cool

ratm16
06-03-2006, 11:44 AM
casualties, dead kennedies, anti-flag

pinkhaze29
06-03-2006, 05:38 PM
:gunsfirinavril lavigne:gun:

JohnnyNapalm
06-03-2006, 05:50 PM
^Hmm...Yeah. I don't see how she even remotely applies to this thread. nay, forum.

texas78621
06-03-2006, 06:52 PM
I, on the other hand, the non-Crass fan (not to toot my own horn), have never owned a car and ride bike everywhere.

Okay, NOW I understand why you never date... !

;)

Seriously, props to you if you ride your bike in the Texas summer heat! Sometimes I see these guys on the road, and they're biking in 100 degrees, and it blows me away. Geez, Johnny, don't you get heatstroke??

pinheadslts75
06-04-2006, 03:32 PM
New bands I hate:

Contravene
D.R.I (their later stuff anyway)

JohnnyNapalm
06-04-2006, 09:55 PM
^yer gonna make me cry Pinhead...

Contravene ****ing owns.

pinheadslts75
06-04-2006, 11:00 PM
They're one of those bands that goes back and forth on me. One day I like them, the next I can't stand em.

no.1relientkfan
06-13-2006, 10:57 PM
dropkick murphys

SuspectDevice
06-14-2006, 04:04 AM
Teen Idols, Minor Threat, Fugazi, The Evens

j/k but anti flag is anoying and Racist or homophobic Oi bands

The Undead
06-14-2006, 04:58 AM
allot of the newer NOFX, the clash - i perhaps like 2 songs....

Oh to answer who owns mike? ---- probably his wife...

smile_man
06-14-2006, 08:35 PM
Anti-Flag , The Casualties, Dropkick Murphys and The Exploited . The Exploited look like metal kids.

Spaceman_Spiff
06-14-2006, 09:25 PM
The Casualties and Flipper

Floyd93
06-14-2006, 09:34 PM
I can't frickin' stand the Casualties or Anti-Flag.

na10tbolt
06-15-2006, 06:57 PM
I can's stand:

Flogging Molly, Drop Kick Murphys (they're pretty much the same band to me though)
Sex Pistols, and most No-fx. And I hate pretty much everything on Victory Records except TBS but they're not really punk.

ratm16
06-15-2006, 08:01 PM
all those ****ing gay street punk bands that think their tough ****. And Anti-Flag

RockThe40oz
06-15-2006, 08:08 PM
all those ****ing gay street punk bands that think their tough ****. And Anti-Flag

Well, somebody was obviously teased at the last NoFX show they went to.

ratm16
06-15-2006, 08:22 PM
Well, somebody was obviously teased at the last NoFX show they went to.

No, i just think that street punk is really stupid.

And im going to NoFX this summer.

TehNez
06-15-2006, 08:23 PM
I hate the Ramones.

ScummerVacation
06-15-2006, 09:22 PM
The Casualties and Flipper

Flipper doesnt care if you hate them. As a matter of fact, Flipper wants you to hate them.

Ven0M
06-15-2006, 11:45 PM
:gunsfirin the adicts the misfits

hard_rock101
06-16-2006, 03:33 AM
Cheap Sex, Lower Class Brats.....actually almost all of the bands on Punkcore records except the virus. and anti flag, the unseen, the casualties

J6strings21fret
06-16-2006, 10:17 AM
Whats being called punk today such as Fall Out Boy, Panic at The Disco, etc. Everyone loves them but I cant stand them!!!!!

J6strings21fret
06-16-2006, 10:18 AM
No, i just think that street punk is really stupid.

And im going to NoFX this summer.

In your terms define street punk....I gotta here this.

MattTheArsonist
06-16-2006, 10:43 AM
Cheap Sex, Lower Class Brats.....actually almost all of the bands on Punkcore records except the virus. and anti flag, the unseen, the casualties

I actually like Lower Class Brats. All the others you mentioned are trash though.

ss311
06-16-2006, 11:21 AM
I'd prefer to see NoFX to the Casualties an other street punk...

rockeroller
06-16-2006, 01:41 PM
anti-flag, rancid, most street punk.

ss311
06-16-2006, 03:04 PM
The misfits. I hate them so so so much.

MattTheArsonist
06-16-2006, 04:45 PM
How can you hate the Misfits?! Omfgawwwwwz!!~!!!

ss311
06-16-2006, 05:33 PM
They suck and mostly sing about nothing. It sounds like pure cheese and I tried so hard to get into them but failed. They're crap crap crap :'(

ultimate_punk
06-16-2006, 06:16 PM
^ I dont hate the Misfits but they are HUGELY overrated.

I really cannt see why they are held in such high regard

anti
06-16-2006, 09:53 PM
^ I dont hate the Misfits but they are HUGELY overrated.

I really cannt see why they are held in such high regard

i personally love the misfits when they had danzig, anything after that is kinda ****ty.
but songs like "where eagles dare" or "american nightmare" are, and will always be close to my heart.

as for bands i hate, i basically hate all punkcore bands.

rabid dog
06-17-2006, 03:47 AM
as a general rule? anything made after 1979...lol

just kidding, but to me 1977 was punk in it's pure form. Ramones, Voidoids, Sex Pistols, Dead Boys, The Clash, Buzzcocks, etc. That is how I personally define the punk genre. It's aggresive and controversial, but it's catchy and the music is often upbeat. Also it had no stance against major labels or being popular. In the UK punk had a similar place as hip-hop did in the early 90's... was it controversial? yes? Was it popular? YES! So while I hate the really sugary pop punk bands... everyone seems to hate those. The bands that piss me off most are all the crap that started in the 80's in America. Black Flag, Agnostic Front, Minor Threat, Circle Jerks, etc. These bands seem closer to death metal to me.... which i personally hate. I like lyrics i can understand and a melody in a song. Not blood curdling screaming and a blur of noise. Also... Nirvana is not a punk band, they are a bunch of whiny self indulgent losers. If they did anything they helped destroy what was left of the punk genre by replacing it with depressing noisy crap. There is nothing "punk" about refusing to be played on the radio or refusing to like songs that are catchy... that's called being a disgruntled prick. Oh and the Straight Edge and Crust movements... I really really really HATE those.

Oh and Anti-Flag... cool concept and I agree with most of their opinions... I just find their music to be really really generic and uninteresting. They piss me off because it seems like a waste of a good concept.

opivy21
06-17-2006, 12:04 PM
Haha, the Circle Jerks playing death metal.

ss311
06-17-2006, 02:47 PM
rabid dog, are you a little rabid? ;)

waterproofpie
06-17-2006, 04:09 PM
as a general rule? anything made after 1979...lol

just kidding, but to me 1977 was punk in it's pure form. Ramones, Voidoids, Sex Pistols, Dead Boys, The Clash, Buzzcocks, etc. That is how I personally define the punk genre. It's aggresive and controversial, but it's catchy and the music is often upbeat. Also it had no stance against major labels or being popular. In the UK punk had a similar place as hip-hop did in the early 90's... was it controversial? yes? Was it popular? YES! So while I hate the really sugary pop punk bands... everyone seems to hate those. The bands that piss me off most are all the crap that started in the 80's in America. Black Flag, Agnostic Front, Minor Threat, Circle Jerks, etc. These bands seem closer to death metal to me.... which i personally hate. I like lyrics i can understand and a melody in a song. Not blood curdling screaming and a blur of noise. Also... Nirvana is not a punk band, they are a bunch of whiny self indulgent losers. If they did anything they helped destroy what was left of the punk genre by replacing it with depressing noisy crap. There is nothing "punk" about refusing to be played on the radio or refusing to like songs that are catchy... that's called being a disgruntled prick. Oh and the Straight Edge and Crust movements... I really really really HATE those.

Oh and Anti-Flag... cool concept and I agree with most of their opinions... I just find their music to be really really generic and uninteresting. They piss me off because it seems like a waste of a good concept.

You think the Circle Jerks are closer to death metal than punk?

FloggingMolly62
06-17-2006, 04:11 PM
Someone who would say that Black Flag and Minor Threat are close to death metal has obviously never heard death metal.

anti
06-17-2006, 05:56 PM
The bands that piss me off most are all the crap that started in the 80's in America. Black Flag...

How can you hate Black Flag?

:no:

outofmyelement?
06-17-2006, 05:58 PM
Bad Religion

ratm16
06-17-2006, 07:20 PM
Bad Religion

Why do you hate Bad Religion?

rabid dog
06-17-2006, 08:58 PM
How can you hate Black Flag?

:no:

ina way it has alot to do with me hating fans of black flag and the circle jerks more than actually hating the bands. I'll be the first to say i like the early black flag songs... and i think minor threat sounded great... but the direction they started going in was disasterous in my opinion, to me they lost everything that was cool about punk when it first came out. Maybe it's because i'm an artsy fag that loves to dye my hair and wear fun crazy clothes and listen to melodic music,.... but where i grew up (the DC area) the majority of the "punks" are straight edge losers that are just... ugly and gross and annoying and stupid (sorry if i sound like a prick but really... i hate these people) and i trace their roots back to bands like black flag, minor threat and the circle jerks. If that wasn't enough now we have all the "crusties" which are the most horrible creation on earth it's like they took a hippy and a punk... took all of the bad genes and threw out all of the good and then spliced them together. They're dirty and smelly like hippies and their the biggest elitist pricks in all of the punk world. Punks have always been very sharp and foward moving in style in my opinion... crusties are not. Hippies are really chill and relaxed people... all of the crusties i've met jack themsleves off in a mirror while they talk about how much everyone else sucks for eating meat or drinking or not being a pacifist

MrLucky77713
06-17-2006, 09:00 PM
Casualties

rabid dog
06-17-2006, 09:00 PM
oh and the death metal thing... I dunno it's just noisy and horrible sounding... hardcore and death metal don't sound exactly alike... but their similar enough in that they both make me want to rip my ears off

NGD1313
06-17-2006, 09:10 PM
Dropkick Murphys, Bad Brains, Dead Kennedys and the Sex Pistols with many more but those are the main ones

misfitsdisciple
06-17-2006, 10:03 PM
Bad Brains, Dead Kennedys

heresy.

texas78621
06-18-2006, 04:29 AM
ina way it has alot to do with me hating fans of black flag and the circle jerks more than actually hating the bands. I'll be the first to say i like the early black flag songs... and i think minor threat sounded great... but the direction they started going in was disasterous in my opinion, to me they lost everything that was cool about punk when it first came out. Maybe it's because i'm an artsy fag that loves to dye my hair and wear fun crazy clothes and listen to melodic music,.... but where i grew up (the DC area) the majority of the "punks" are straight edge losers that are just... ugly and gross and annoying and stupid (sorry if i sound like a prick but really... i hate these people) and i trace their roots back to bands like black flag, minor threat and the circle jerks. If that wasn't enough now we have all the "crusties" which are the most horrible creation on earth it's like they took a hippy and a punk... took all of the bad genes and threw out all of the good and then spliced them together. They're dirty and smelly like hippies and their the biggest elitist pricks in all of the punk world. Punks have always been very sharp and foward moving in style in my opinion... crusties are not. Hippies are really chill and relaxed people... all of the crusties i've met jack themsleves off in a mirror while they talk about how much everyone else sucks for eating meat or drinking or not being a pacifist

Wow. Whole lotta stereotyping going on there.

MattTheArsonist
06-18-2006, 01:54 PM
Rabid dog has issues. It's okay to not like the bands, but come on, cut that **** out with all the stereotyping.

SOADrox429
06-18-2006, 02:05 PM
GREEN DAY... don't know how "punk" they're considered, though.
and probably a lot more, but i don't really judge what "kind" of music it is that i listen to, i just listen to it if i like it, and if i don't, i won't listen to it

fallinsuburbia
06-18-2006, 04:25 PM
AFI

I thought the lead singer was a girl for the longest time

YAY_FOR_PIE
06-18-2006, 04:31 PM
^
Is AFI punk? I didn't think so until I saw an actually successful thread about them in this forum section. It makes me question my classificationing, and gender.

fallinsuburbia
06-18-2006, 04:40 PM
I didnt think they were, but I saw the thread here.

NotAJock2Day
06-18-2006, 04:45 PM
Anti-Flag. They're just one big paradox.

JohnnyNapalm
06-18-2006, 09:11 PM
Looks like we have a new JohnnyNemo :rolleyes:

No Offense, Nemo.

pinheadslts75
06-18-2006, 09:24 PM
I refuse to take anyone who hates Black Flag and the Circle Jerks seriously.

As for the direction Black Flag went in, My War and In My Head are classic albums.

rabid dog
06-18-2006, 09:37 PM
[QUOTE=pinheadslts75]I refuse to take anyone who hates Black Flag and the Circle Jerks seriously.
QUOTE]

yeah... and i stereotyped...

i mean i'm not saying that if you like those bands i think you're stupid or whatever... just i personally do not like them all that much. everyone is welcome to their own opinion. I think i maybe came across the wrong way in what i said. I'm just saying the majority of the punk community in the DC and Baltimore area that I have met annoy the crap out of me and these are things that I associate heavily with them. And the Johnny Nemo or whatever guy... heh... I'm not gunna be as bullheaded as him but the comments of his I read I do PERSONALLY agree with for the most part. Crust and Hardcore seem more like metal to me than what in my mind I define as punk. If you're opinion is different it's fine... but that's me.

and sorry if i have unresolved issues from my youth with the DC hardcore community... but again that's me