NOFX-AquaCrack
04-05-2006, 10:29 PM
anyone heard of CAPDOWN

they are an OK ska punk band
what u guys think?

pInK_eLePhAnT
04-06-2006, 07:45 AM
OK ska-punk band?!
Capdown are awesome. I've liked them for about four years, and seen them about four times as well, I absolutely love them.

phil992
04-06-2006, 12:59 PM
Unite To Progress is a good song

Warm-And-Fuzzy
04-06-2006, 03:52 PM
Maybe not so much in America, but "over there" they're considerably big.
Unite To Progress is a great song, and it's just one of the songs by them I enjoy.

928GTS
04-06-2006, 03:56 PM
I like their stuff quite a bit and "What Doesn't Kill You" is a great song.

pInK_eLePhAnT
04-06-2006, 06:03 PM
My favourite song at the moment by them is probably 'an a-political stand of reasons'. There's something addictive about that sax line for some reason. But they have farrr too many good songs to be able to pick one favourite.

Andrewbiles
04-07-2006, 08:06 AM
Maybe not so much in America, but "over there" they're considerably big.
Unite To Progress is a great song, and it's just one of the songs by them I enjoy.

Are they still big? I remember around 2000/01 it seemed like the majority of people had heard of them (at least in my circles). I always used to get in a muddle with them and Crackout (name-wise, not the sound). Didn't ever get into Capdown in a big way though, ska wasn't ever really my kind of thing.

Kitson_The_Bass
04-07-2006, 08:21 AM
I quite like Capdown. I can't stop listening to Ska Wars at the moment

Chimairasoulfly
04-08-2006, 08:10 AM
i saw em play in my home town with like some local bands a ska band from austria called rentokill.

scoob666
04-10-2006, 12:36 PM
Are they still big? I remember around 2000/01 it seemed like the majority of people had heard of them (at least in my circles).
They played The Peel in Kingston about two months ago, they rocked. Hard.

kryptonite22
10-01-2006, 10:17 AM
Just to bump this up a bit, heard the new track 'Home is where the start is' just now and first impression is that I like it muchly. They're touring soon too so I'm gonna check that out. Good band, pleased that new stuff is finally coming out, it seems like ages.

BTW, if you want to hear the track you can get it from the website if you sign up to the mailing list. And also you can stream it off myspace etc.

ss311
10-01-2006, 11:00 AM
They must be too underground for me. :rolleyes:

dead_kennedy
10-01-2006, 11:05 AM
Capdown are amazing. Hometown heroes, they always put on a awesome show when they play here.

pInK_eLePhAnT
10-01-2006, 06:16 PM
Meh, I take back my previous posts. Seen them twice since then.. and my gosh how their new stuff has gone DOWN.
I am no longer a hardcore fan!

kryptonite22
10-01-2006, 08:21 PM
It must suck quite a lot to make you change your opinion since April! I'll still go see em because I've not seen the old stuff played live before yet. MV4 is a fucking great tune, is that gonna be on the new one or was it just on the EP a while ago, does anyone know?

Also, I can't believe I didn't notice it to start with but just listened to the new track again and...where's the horns?

pInK_eLePhAnT
10-02-2006, 05:28 AM
Also, I can't believe I didn't notice it to start with but just listened to the new track again and...where's the horns?

^^ Exactly.
Their new stuff is pretty much sax-less.
The old stuff that they do play.. well, you know when you get a vinyl, and you play it on the wrong speed and it's reeeeaaaallly slow and sounds stupid? Yeah, that's what they do.

Not happy.

kryptonite22
10-03-2006, 05:26 PM
It does sound disappointing from what you say, I'm still gonna go see for myself though :p:

I love the sax solo in MV4 at the end. That is the definitive Capdown moment for me. DO they play that live often? I know it's on the MK CD.

Ska Wars
10-03-2006, 06:21 PM
nope never heard of them.............................. ;)

Jackolas
10-06-2006, 05:21 PM
Holy crap capdown's new stuff is pretty crap, compared to the old stuff its laughable - yet they got alot more coverage from it lately.

What the hell happened? Its gone all 'mallcore' crap!

kryptonite22
10-08-2006, 06:14 AM
I've listened to Home Is Where The Start Is again and there ARE some very subtle brass parts, but only underneath the guitar, which i spretty loud. I think.

I guess they're getting more coverage now because they're pretty much the only big underground ska/punk/funk band left in the UK. And bands like NoComply and Adequate Seven got a fair bit of love from the likes of Mike Davies on Radio 1, so I would imagine he would try and find another band, Capdown being the obvious choice. I suppose.

ultimate_punk
10-08-2006, 04:16 PM
They're good but overrated

awesome sax

supernashwankid
10-08-2006, 05:14 PM
One of my favourite bands from the last 4 years or so! Glad I found this thread.

New stuff is pants, but their old stuff is so good I'm gonna have to go in November. Theirs are some of the best shows I've ever been to.

June_Of_44
10-08-2006, 05:25 PM
I saw them at Bristol Academy a couple of years back (They supported Rancid), I thought they were good but just a tad obvious, if ya get me. Cool though.

June xxx

www.myspace.com/stoyic