need answers before tomorrow.

PDA

View Full Version : need answers before tomorrow.

andersoncouncil
04-07-2006, 12:33 AM
I am just starting my band. There are four members. One is the singer, the other is me (guitarist), bassist, and keyboardist.

There is this kid that I have asked to be drummer. He wants to do it and says he can.

But the bassist and singer don't want this kid to be the drummer. They both think he can't handle it and want to recruit this chick.

The keyboardist and I, however think that the kid we asked in the first place can do it, and it would be kind of rude of us not to let him, since we asked him first. The chick hasn't even been talked to about it. We also think the bassist and singer just want her body and don't really care if she's good.

I've talked to the keyboardist, and we decided to confront the bassist and guitarist about the problem and tell them we want to give the male drummer a chance. I'm not sure if these other two will still want to be members if the chick is not the drummer.

What do I do?

rathmusbass
04-07-2006, 12:41 AM
give them each a try, on seperate days, and decide with only the music in mind, and whichever fits the music better shoul;d be the one. tel;l that to them.

AngelGC
04-07-2006, 12:43 AM
Try them both out. If the dude is better of the chick, go with them. Do you have any songs? If you do just bring them in and have them jam along with you. And whoever sounds the best pick them.

dez_cole
04-07-2006, 12:43 AM
check out what he can do and if its good choose him if not keep lookin

Final
04-07-2006, 12:45 AM
Try outs, obviously.

bigredbeast
04-07-2006, 12:46 AM
duel

NewWaves
04-07-2006, 12:50 AM
Ok, listen carefully....

Let the chick try out, flirt with her, get laid.... Tell her she isnt good enough and ask to keep seeing here....

Then get the guy to play for you, but if he sucks... Then make up with the chick and get to play for you.

Or just go for the chick if shes hot.

stringmagician
04-07-2006, 01:04 AM
sounds like your singer and bassist are douchebags to me, if they won't let them both try out they really shouldn't be in a band in the forst place. bands are to create music and have fun, if they want sex the groupies will come, but if you want to hook up with someone in the band it just ruins everything. look at fleetwood mac for instance

Nybb
04-07-2006, 01:47 AM
Bang the chick like she was a drumset. Then hire the guy.

Baba O'Riley
04-07-2006, 04:24 PM
give them each a try, on seperate days, and decide with only the music in mind, and whichever fits the music better shoul;d be the one. tel;l that to them.
:cheers:
That's really all you can do.

As for worrying about the bassist and singer quitting if she's not the drummer, first see if that even happens before you worry about it.

NewWaves
04-07-2006, 04:35 PM
Seriously... Get laid... TONIGHT! "Do you moan when you drum?"

stringmagician
04-07-2006, 05:55 PM
god damn, does anyone here ever think with the head thats on their shoulders

NewWaves
04-07-2006, 05:58 PM
god damn, does anyone here ever think with the head thats on their shoulders

I think with my penis. He told me to tell you to **** off.

z4twenny
04-07-2006, 06:20 PM
im going w/ tryouts and let yer ears be the judge and unless you got phl anselmo for yer vocalist or cliff burton for your bassist (god rest his soul) they're replaceable too..... HA!!! thats 2 threads now i've posted to replace pricks.... i think thats the answer to bandmates in general!! (i btw don't have a band, i write and record singlehandedly all my own stuff)

stringmagician
04-08-2006, 12:07 AM
I think with my penis. He told me to tell you to **** off.

shows just how smart your penis is, at least mine can hold an intelligent conversation :p:

mr. cool
04-08-2006, 12:17 AM
if you wind up with the girl you HAVE TO make a rule that you can't fool around with her or as Nikki Sixx would put it "you just dont **** in your backyard." not even flirting. just music she is sexually off limits or the band will fail guaranteed!

NewWaves
04-08-2006, 12:20 AM
shows just how smart your penis is, at least mine can hold an intelligent conversation :p:

Yea... my penis told me to tell you that its more of an action kinda penis... less talk more walk

andersoncouncil
04-09-2006, 02:11 PM
Turns out the chick's the drummer. The singer was very insistent about not having the other guy drum. Also, he's made it known that he will not sing if she is not the drummer.

So I guess I'll just have to see how things go. If he starts getting too friendly with her, then both her and the singer are out.

NewWaves
04-09-2006, 02:43 PM
Turns out the chick's the drummer. The singer was very insistent about not having the other guy drum. Also, he's made it known that he will not sing if she is not the drummer.

So I guess I'll just have to see how things go. If he starts getting too friendly with her, then both her and the singer are out.

Might as well start looken for another band. ;) Tryin to catch some tail > Your band.

andersoncouncil
04-09-2006, 04:20 PM
If I have any problems it will be easy to just fire the singer and drummer. Not so easy to find a new drummer though.

andersoncouncil
04-24-2006, 01:24 AM
Turns out the chick's a slut, the singer just wanted her body and doesn't think I have enough talent, and the bassist is an asshole.

Yes, they were douchebags about it, stringmusician.

I told the singer I would not have the chick drum. He quit, as I predicted. I then fired the bassist after he tried to tell me I couldn't handle anything.

Now the keyboarder and I are going to start a real band, with real musicians, not immature kids. We already replaced the bassist and expect to have the guy we first asked drum for us.

Except this drummer is good friends with the singer, and he didn't know that the singer did not want him to drum. So now he's wondering why the hell he won't sing, and I can't exactly tell him without messing up a good friendship and looking like a jackass.

Wow this is complex. I could use some more advice.

hotaxe
04-24-2006, 02:12 AM
the truth will have to do. the singer will rat you out and and then you really will look like an ass. apoligize for jacking him around and then jam.

BrianApocalypse
04-27-2006, 08:36 AM
Tell your new drummer the singer wanted to have the chick to drum so's he could jump her.