preforming live

PDA

View Full Version : preforming live

the_man101
04-07-2006, 01:30 AM
ok i have been playing the guitar now for about a year, and i just recently got a band formed in the last week, and we are preforming the school talent show on may 5th in front of about 500 students maybe more, and we are playing bat country by avenge 7 fold, and i have just been informed that i will have take lead and do that crazy ass duet solo with my friend, and i mostly just play rythem, so i am extremly nervous, bc i dont kno if i can learn it in time, i am usally a fast learner, and can learn song fast, but this is my first live preformace, and my first band i have ever been in,and my first song that i am gonna play as lead, this is my first everything pretty much, so wat are you guys input in this?

Puco
04-07-2006, 01:35 AM
your dead... haha...

if you really cant learn the solo that fast than maybe you can leave it as an unharmonized solo... most of your schoolmates might not know the song anyway so no one will notice :D...

Striketalonx
04-07-2006, 01:43 AM
Or you could have your Lead guitarist use a Harmonizer Pedal...

walkingonspikes
04-07-2006, 01:50 AM
Or you could just take the parts of the solo that you can play and re-create it to make it simpler. Don't worry, my band's first performance was the school's talent show last month and man, it was the best time of my life. It's really fun, so just have fun. Don't be nervous, I was nervous before, but when the show came around, I just went crazy. Good luck! =D

the_man101
04-09-2006, 11:04 PM
Or you could just take the parts of the solo that you can play and re-create it to make it simpler. Don't worry, my band's first performance was the school's talent show last month and man, it was the best time of my life. It's really fun, so just have fun. Don't be nervous, I was nervous before, but when the show came around, I just went crazy. Good luck! =D
alright, thanx

Next_Hendrix
04-10-2006, 10:59 AM
If you know theory, just do the third of what you're other guitarist is doing. I don't know if that's how Bat Country goes, but it should still work pretty well.

acidity
04-11-2006, 05:40 AM
work out the scales that the solo uses, then just play an improvised solo for the ammount of bars in the song.

or even more if you get carried away :P

enjoieverything
04-11-2006, 06:37 PM
if you cant get the solo down and u cant figure out a way to do the solo different..i believe there is still a nice rthym part...if your playing the rythm you can also go crazy on stage lol :)

psychodelia
04-11-2006, 08:02 PM
Or you could have your Lead guitarist use a Harmonizer Pedal...

I already looked over Bat Country to see if that was possible, and while the harmony is almost completely in thirds, it doesn't quite stay in one key, so a Harmonizer wouldn't work for the whole thing.

If you or your guitarist know your theory, you could look at what key the solo is in and have him use the pedal for most of it, and you play the harmony on the notes that aren't in key.

The only difficult part in the harmony is the sweeping, which can be tough for two people to play in harmony. One guitar might suffice there.