John Mayer Trio

PDA

View Full Version : John Mayer Trio

Peaceful Rocker
04-07-2006, 05:26 PM
Man I love this band the more I listen to them..

I downloaded a few more of their songs today, you guys should really listen to "Axis Bold As Love", yeah it's pretty ****ing amaxing.

If you haven't heard them..
"Wait til Tomorrow"
"Who Did You Think I was"

**** download alot these guys kick ass

Gabuydachk
04-07-2006, 05:34 PM
good band
before JMT, I didn't know that Mayer could play

young_is_god
04-07-2006, 05:49 PM
tottaly, proper gd blues

TNfootballfan62
04-07-2006, 06:21 PM
"Bold as Love" and "Wait until tomorrow" were written by Jimi Hendrix. Mayer covered them.

I have the JM3 cd, and its good, but i dont have much respect for John Mayer after a certain interview i heard. He is quite arrogant.

The Master Plan
04-07-2006, 06:36 PM
Yea he is quite good, I just picked up his Live Dvd Any Given Thursday his jams between the songs are pretty cool.
^Whered you see the interview? Can you tell me what he said I'm quite intrested.

TNfootballfan62
04-07-2006, 07:14 PM
^^^There's a link in a thread at a blues forum i use (pm me if you would like information on it :D ). To be honest, i havent heard the interview in full b/c of my terrible internet, but a very trustworthy person explained to me what was said in it. I will hunt that link down and edit this post with it in a minute.

EDIT: Here you go.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8aaAwY-JThA

The Master Plan
04-07-2006, 07:50 PM
Ok thx and pm me the forum link.

BTW I have slow internet can you summarize what he said and when I mean slow internet I mean it takes me 2 hours to download one song.

WyldeGibsonPlyr
04-07-2006, 10:13 PM
Look, John isnt THAT arrogant. He's just a wise-ass, and likes to make jokes. He did make that one comment, but its not that big of a deal.

And its about time the general guitar community reconizes what Mayer can and has done. You may not have liked his pop music, but it too has guitar technicallity.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287344
That thread is probably a better place for discussion, friend.

TNfootballfan62
04-07-2006, 11:17 PM
Ok thx and pm me the forum link.

BTW I have slow internet can you summarize what he said and when I mean slow internet I mean it takes me 2 hours to download one song.

It is explained in a thread in "Contemporary Blues" in the site i PMed you. ;)

zep123
04-08-2006, 12:08 AM
'bout john mayer

i appreciate his attempt and concern to spreading the blues to younger folks but imo he's making more of a discrace to the blues. remember, just imo.

i guess his cover stuff is good (hell, i could make a good cover song). yet, his original tracks have never caught my ear. It's alot more difficult to make a blues song than to cover one.

Blurry 505
04-08-2006, 12:17 AM
heres my two cents once again

i think john could be an amazing player, but somethins just hindering him?
i dunno hwo to explain, its like somethings stopping him. maybe lack of the soul for it or what but yeah

that made no sense did it?
hahaha

The Master Plan
04-08-2006, 12:56 AM
Yea I get what you mean, whats probably holding him back is the money he knows and his records execs. know that his blues stuff wont earn him and them the money they want and could get from making pop stuff. So he's afraid to go out on a limb and be soley a blues player, he doesnt want to risk his carrer.

Blurry 505
04-08-2006, 10:21 AM
yes thank you thats what i tried to say

i hear hes got a new album comin out this summer
one like all his others (pop)
which proves your point ^

TUMFP
04-08-2006, 03:01 PM
ya hes awesome, i love his stuff...but theres a thread like 10 threads down on JM3...so to be honest this new one isnt necessary, u guys should hit the other one up, theres lots of stuff there...

no honestly guys, john said himself what he likes to do is fuse the modern pop (YBIW) and bluesy (JM3) into new stuff like Come Back To Bed...

hippy12
04-11-2006, 08:50 PM
i havn't really listened to much Mayer, guess i should get some more to listen to. i'm sure i could find an album in my dad's collection. any recommended albums?

TNfootballfan62
04-11-2006, 09:45 PM
^^^Try! is probably the best album. I'm not very familiar with his other stuff.

The Master Plan
04-11-2006, 10:28 PM
Or one of his old ones that's good is his live "Any Given Tuesday" or his studio one "Room for Squares"

WyldeGibsonPlyr
04-12-2006, 12:13 AM
Go for Try or Any Given Thursday if your after the guitar orienated bluesed up jam's, or Room for Squares if your looking for the acoustic thang.

SlipSlidinSlim
04-12-2006, 05:08 PM
I think John is a decent player but i dont think he can sing at all. Hes got some good stuff though.

TUMFP
04-20-2006, 08:32 PM
^ ahh really...i like his voice...eh but to each his own

sotto
08-06-2006, 05:25 AM
i love his voice... its so soothing^^

Gofishus
08-08-2006, 11:22 PM
His voice IS amazing btw. He has done some amazing original songs as well, like Out of my mind, who did you think i was, gravity and another kind of green to name a few.

CarbonSystem
08-09-2006, 11:05 AM
I don't know what everyone here is talking about!

Arrogant? No
Confident? Yeah

Him playing the blues doesn't sound like he's missing anything at all, he's got the blues runnin through his blood.

As for his singing, well he sings great. He sounds the exact same live as he does on studio albums, and that is something to be admired.

NotOneWithNames
08-10-2006, 12:42 AM
ive never given john mayer trio a chance. . . . . simply beacuse i never got into john mayor AND it seems to me (just by the image given off) that they might be tryin to be like john BUTLER trio. now. im guessing if you like JMT and youve not heard of JBT you should look into it.

Remmy_214
08-10-2006, 05:30 AM
Sooo, JM3 totally freakin rocks. I learned "Another Kind of Green" a while back, but the version of it here on UG.com is incomplete, does anyone know how to play the solo/fills he does at the end of the song? I can't quite figure it out :(