Singer...Again

PDA

View Full Version : Singer...Again

crazylaughboy
04-07-2006, 05:52 PM
As some of you guys may recal I've had a problem with my singer's voice. But now this is a very different problem that is making me alomst 100% sure i want to kick him out. Well first off his voice hasnt had any improvment. But my problem is this: well at out track meet yesterday he sits infront of me and I sit with my best friend. So then the singer out of no where takes his track shoe (those of you who dont know what they look like- its a normal shoe with 1/4 inch spikes-very sharp) and hits my ankle very hard which causes a large bruise and i have to run the mile and the half mile so I say what the hell was that for!?! and he says i dunno. So i just ignore him and put my hand on the back of his seat (not near him at all!) and talk to my best friend. So he bites my hand. So i look at him and tell him to go the hell away. So i put my hand back up and he takes his shoe and hits my fingers which messes up my hand very badly and causes a very large blood blisture on my index finger. So i want to kill him now but the bus stops and we get off. So my question is he pisses me off very much and he sucks badly at singing... but he is one of my friends should i just kick him out?

EDIT: forgot to add we have a gig soon and I can't play guitar as well as I normally can as i cant move some of my fingers.

z4twenny
04-07-2006, 05:59 PM
you have several options,

1. start auditioning other singers (if he sucks it shouldnt take long to find one that doesnt suck) and fill the spot as soon as possible and kick his lame ass out , no one needs a prick in the band
2. kick him out NOW and have an impomptu jam session a day or 2 before the gig and work out some really simple good sounding stuff that you or someone else in the band can sing along to w/out much difficulty (id recommend this one the most if he jacked yer hand up)
3. remind him he is totally replaceable, that mind change his attitude.....
4. kick him out now and try to find ANYBODY to cover for him at the gig, dont ask them to learn all the words to every song you have, just have some stuff they can sing over it....

the point of all this being.... yer just trying to make it thru the gig, then you can go on to find a killer vocalist, not some prick on a power trip.....

curtis loew
04-07-2006, 05:59 PM
kick him out for being an asshole

JamieB
04-07-2006, 06:10 PM
kick him out for being an asshole

Bingo! :D

Though a new vocalist would probably be needed, so yeah... Go hunt one down, and good luck! =D

crazylaughboy
04-07-2006, 07:20 PM
Ok heres what i have so far. Theres this kid who has an amazing range and can replicate voices (Ozzy, Robert Plant ect.) and also has his own unique voice that I and the other people in the band like. So were gonna addition him i think tomorrow hopefully if all goes well. Any tips of how to make sure hes right for us.

P.S. he is nice too!!

z4twenny
04-07-2006, 07:26 PM
make sure he gets along well, try giving him some tips (even if they're unnecessary) just to see how he reacts (stuff like , "can you hit a g here instead of a g flat?", not crap like "can you sing better" you can judge a lot on someone by that, make sure he knows that its just a suggestion and such so that he doesn't feel too much pressure to live up to something that doesn't exist..... also i don't know how old you are, but ummmm.... if he hasn't hit puberty yet or is going through it expect his voice to drop till he hits about 18-20 range....

FutureFame
04-07-2006, 08:22 PM
Jesus christ. Do you have to think about kicking him out? He just screwed some of your body parts up for some period of time, and the number one thing is your finger(s) because you cant play guitar as well, and you are still having second thoughts? I would have kicked the living s*** out of him.

Anyways, kick him out and do auditions or something.

EDIT: Oh, you found someone else? Nevermind then. :-)

Baba O'Riley
04-07-2006, 09:52 PM
So my question is he pisses me off very much and he sucks badly at singing... but he is one of my friends should i just kick him out?
Of course you should kick him out! He's bothering you, he can't sing and he has physically hurt you. Yet somehow he's your "friend".
Ok heres what i have so far. Theres this kid who has an amazing range and can replicate voices (Ozzy, Robert Plant ect.) and also has his own unique voice that I and the other people in the band like. So were gonna addition him i think tomorrow hopefully if all goes well. Any tips of how to make sure hes right for us.

P.S. he is nice too!!
There's not really much to it. Listen to him sing, teach him some songs. Listen to how good he is. Use your ears. You should know if he's good enough to sing for you. Besides that I would say making sure he's in the same style of music as you or at least that he likes playing your style of music. I just think about it. Let's say a band had three guys who played country and a singer who liked metal. Chances are strong it wouldn't work out.

red star
04-07-2006, 11:19 PM
but he is one of my friends should i just kick him out?

How the hell is this dumb bastard still your friend? I would have killed him for doing that crap. Unless he was like drunk or something.

Gurgle!Argh!
04-08-2006, 08:20 AM
what are you, 13?

r a c e t h e
04-08-2006, 02:44 PM
kick that guys ass out of the band. he sounds like a douche bag