Hawk Nelson

PDA

View Full Version : Hawk Nelson

.:iloveyou:.
04-08-2006, 04:59 PM
Who's heard of these guys? They're a christian punk band and haven't really gotten big yet, but I just heard their album "Letters To The President" and I love it.

whyvern
04-08-2006, 05:04 PM
:puke:

Christian punk is soooo sleazy

Iluvpowerchords
04-08-2006, 05:45 PM

Except for these guys

http://www.crusadenow.com/cd.jpg

:p:

LoudnSnotty138
04-08-2006, 05:46 PM
Except for these guys

ahaha i forgot about them.

whyvern
04-08-2006, 05:51 PM
Except for these guys

I know, I can't wait for their new album.

indestructible8
04-09-2006, 02:36 AM
ok so this band is actualy punk?what makes them punk?
my girlfriend likes them so i immediately disregarded them as emo crap.

euge453
04-09-2006, 01:06 PM
Hawk Nelson is emo punk. But they're catchy as ****, and worth a listen. Christian, yeah, but ou can't really hear it. I suggest 'letters to the president' or 'things we go through'

CowsWithGuns
04-09-2006, 01:18 PM
By christian do you mean that the members of the band are christian but it isn't reflected in their music or do you mean that they write songs about Jesus and the like?

And as far as "emo punk", I'll believe it when I hear it.

travel sized
04-09-2006, 01:29 PM
They're another pop rock band being called punk. This thread doesn't belong here.

.:iloveyou:.
04-09-2006, 02:01 PM
Well, emo or not, Im pretty sure they're christian punk. In "From Underneath" and "Take Me" they sing about God.

waldorphPRS41
04-09-2006, 03:51 PM
They're another pop rock band being called punk. This thread doesn't belong here.
Yeah they are pop-rock and that is all, not punk,emo, or anything like that.

coady911
04-09-2006, 04:34 PM
nah there pop punk there songs arnt pop worthy...not enough talking about candy coated crap
there accually ok in my oppion but hey
w/e

travel sized
04-09-2006, 04:45 PM
They're pop rock. This thread should be closed or moved. They're not punk and have nothing to do with it.

magnifiedplaid
04-09-2006, 04:55 PM

How so?

whyvern
04-09-2006, 05:45 PM
How so?

Because the bands are obviously in it to make a quick buck off the sound... seriously, how the hell can you rebel against the dominant culture and it's values when you sing about how great they are?

Punk rock is alot more than just a sound, it's an attitude, a way of life, a way of thinking and looking at the world... and Jesus (as his teachings are interperted today) just doesn't fit into that equation...

and the same can be said with most any religion... I include my own, Judaism.

Besides, being an outsider to Christianity in a place where Christianity is a huge social presence, I see all the bull**** evangilists and their tactics. Youth bands that play contemporary christian music are a big part of that... of course they'll use punk rock to reach their goal.... get kids who feel like they need to give money to a church with extreme-right-wing political goals.

**** fundamentalism and evangalism.... the same goes for fundamental anarchists, facists, jews, muslims or even punks.

I think people should have the right to say whatever they want (and I mean whatever they want... like here's an example. There's a nazi rally in your town, and you decide to shut it down by going to the rally and throwing rocks at all the Nazis, you end up sending one to the hospital. The general public applauds you even if you do get arrested. But here's the problem, to all the other naziscumbags, that dude is a martyr, a symbol of how the mainstream "Jew" culture is trying to oppress the white man, so they use the rock that you threw at them as a symbol to convince more people into their lifestyle of hate. Its best to just let them be and let people see all 4 people who show up to their rally and then everyone can just laugh at them and prove that the white master race will not rise and kill all of the subhumans.), but you do not have the authority, in my opinion to force someone to change their beliefs to fill out a secondary motive that you have... That's manipulation and it's evil. People should get other people to believe things they honestly believe in and want to help other people with... not to make a buck off someone, get some pro-life (which is the stupidest misnomer I've ever read) or pro-war legislation passed.

So **** that ****.

MAXWELLMURDER
04-27-2006, 09:57 PM
^someones is pms-ing

LoudnSnotty138
04-27-2006, 09:59 PM
or he was just speaking the truth.

Unbending_Soul
04-27-2006, 10:22 PM
well you know there are a lot of fake people out there and yes some of them do claim to be Christian but if they are like that they are going against the Bible and aren't really Christians at all and for the music...take it or leave it its all up to you i personally like them they arent actually punk tho

Prince
04-28-2006, 12:38 AM
get your christian **** out of here

JohnnyNapalm
04-28-2006, 07:46 AM
You know what? I think that is pretty punk of them. Standing up for what they believe. Isn't that what punk rock is all about?

Hmmm.?

Maybe not punk in music, but I definitely have respect for them because they will stand up for what they believe instead of being a conformist non christian band.

whyvern
04-28-2006, 06:42 PM
Dude... Christianity is the ulitmate conformity...

I'd respect them if they were Christians in a country where it would hurt them but to say it takes balls to be a Christian in the US is a crock of ****.

JohnnyNapalm
04-28-2006, 09:44 PM
Point.