UnderOATH-Cries of the Past

PDA

View Full Version : UnderOATH-Cries of the Past

Demon Child 666
04-09-2006, 12:16 AM
Ok, I am not talking about the new Underoath in this thread. I am talking about their first and second cd's, Act of Depression and Cries of the Past. Does anybody know what gear they use to get their distortions. I can't find anything that will get as heavy.

Operation_Theta
04-09-2006, 02:48 AM
i dont know but u should try and play "And I dreamt of You" so sick how when they have the breakdown how he goes grrrrr then the trippy noise then grrrrr again so sick. LOL

Charlatan_001
04-09-2006, 03:42 AM
Oh. My. God.

Underoath is not that heavy. And have you tried drop tuning?

LedZeppelin
04-09-2006, 09:51 AM
^ Haha you should've seen the responses this thread got in the metal forum when this kid called them "black metal/metalcore."

.:bleednomore:.
04-09-2006, 10:01 AM
Umm no i dont. If people dont know here, maybe try someother thread in the guitar forums, people may know there.

ieatcellphones
04-09-2006, 10:56 AM
^ Haha you should've seen the responses this thread got in the metal forum when this kid called them "black metal/metalcore."

i take it you haven't listened to 'Act of Depression'.

A Lost Soul
04-09-2006, 01:45 PM

you're a fag... the guy wasn't far off. black metal just doesn't fit.
AND THANK YOU ieatcellphones..
Act of Depression is insane and so is cries of the past.. i'm curious to know what the use also

VALESK
04-10-2006, 03:25 PM
they used guitars O_O!

fps_doug
04-10-2006, 03:56 PM
you're a fag... the guy wasn't far off. black metal just doesn't fit.
AND THANK YOU ieatcellphones..
Act of Depression is insane and so is cries of the past.. i'm curious to know what the use also
you obviously dont know what black metal is. Perhaps that's why you are banned.

Anyway, if you turned your distortion on and put the gain to about one, it would probably be about as heavy as underoath. and wtf is with the capitalized oath? That's really stupid.

ieatcellphones
04-10-2006, 05:50 PM

Anyway, if you turned your distortion on and put the gain to about one, it would probably be about as heavy as underoath. and wtf is with the capitalized oath? That's really stupid.

listen to their song 'Innocence Stolen'. I'm not saying it's black metal or death metal or ripyourownfleshtopieces metal. But it's harder than what I think you may be giving them credit for.

fps_doug
04-10-2006, 06:03 PM
ROFLCOPTER!!!!!
You're right. It's not black metal or death metal or ripyourownfleshtopieces metal. It just hardcore. Not even metalcore. The same as any old hardcore song. Far from heavy. And his voice is godawful.

everytimeifry
04-10-2006, 06:17 PM
^his voice in their first two albums sucks anus. and no way in hell would i ever call them metal of any sort.

Demon Child 666
04-10-2006, 10:19 PM

He never said it was black metal...and he was banned for making some kid cry for telling him to go to Auschwitz....and how can you say turn your distortion to one for cries of the past??? I think that you are a piece of shi@ that thinks he knows what he is talking about but really you are thinking of a completely different band aka new emo underOATH.

leviathanvolta
04-10-2006, 10:23 PM
ROFLCOPTER!!!!!
You're right. It's not black metal or death metal or ripyourownfleshtopieces metal. It just hardcore. Not even metalcore. The same as any old hardcore song. Far from heavy. And his voice is godawful.

I think the question you need to ask yourself is why the **** am i in the hardcore forum when i obviously don't know **** about hardcore you think old underoath is just straight up hardcore i would like to hear your reasoning behind this

fps_doug
04-10-2006, 10:28 PM
He never said it was black metal...and he was banned for making some kid cry for telling him to go to Auschwitz....and how can you say turn your distortion to one for cries of the past??? I think that you are a piece of shi@ that thinks he knows what he is talking about but really you are thinking of a completely different band aka new emo underOATH.

lol @ noobs

I think the question you need to ask yourself is why the **** am i in the hardcore forum when i obviously don't know **** about hardcore you think old underoath is just straight up hardcore i would like to hear your reasoning behind this

Because I'm a jerk.

leviathanvolta
04-10-2006, 10:33 PM
lol @ noobs

Because I'm a jerk.

It Really just makes you seem ignorant it's like going into the metal forum and making a thread along the lines of Slipknot pwns joo n00b!!11!!!!! 1!! it really just makes you seem stupid

Leftover_Crack
04-10-2006, 10:38 PM
Wow, is it really this hard to answer his question?

iamzen7
04-10-2006, 10:43 PM
UnderOath is another crass band. They have some good talent, and are really neither hardcore nor metal. Their new **** is pop punk but cries of the past and acts of depression both resemble more of the screamo type with some pretty fun licks. Its got new age hardcore mixed with screamo lyrics. The old albums aren't bad but they aren't hardcore, more new core. Comapring them to people like converge and black dahlia, they don't seem hardcore at all, they fall more in the zao and norma jean speed/newcore. All of them make good music.

guywithtoaster
04-11-2006, 02:48 AM
underOATH is death metal, i mean cmon seriously get with the program guhys!!!111!!!

iamzen7
04-11-2006, 02:36 PM
I just realize that the sn of the person who started a thread about a christian band is demon child 666

Demon Child 666
04-11-2006, 08:15 PM
I just realize that the sn of the person who started a thread about a christian band is demon child 666

And that matters why??? people don't have to have a name that will fit will all the music they listen to.

Unbending_Soul
04-27-2006, 09:10 PM
wow its funny a guy named demon child is posting about a Christian band

Unbending_Soul
04-27-2006, 09:11 PM
oh someone already put that...sorry

Unbending_Soul
04-27-2006, 09:20 PM
i dont like theyre old screamers voice it is annoying kinda like Zao but Zao puts on an awesome live show