Anyone Heard of Frank Tuner?

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Heard of Frank Tuner?

Ifoughtthelaw42
04-09-2006, 12:53 AM
Has anyone here heard of Frank Turner? He's this British guy who used to play in this hardcore punk band, Million Dead, and now plays acoustic guitar by himself and I think he's amazing. Here's his myspace. http://www.myspace.com/frankturner

Gurgle!Argh!
04-09-2006, 05:08 AM
yeah, his current demo is really good. i think casanova's lament is awesome too. and i love his cover of chris t-t - when the huntsman comes a-marching, i have a bootleg of it and its awesome.

onlyonehere
04-09-2006, 05:16 AM
Yeah he's a great guy, does some good stuff. Everyone should try and catch him on the current tour.

Andrewbiles
04-09-2006, 06:58 AM
Yeah, he seems to be gaining quite a name for himself on his solo rounds

MattDaviesFFAF
04-09-2006, 08:25 AM
Yeah, loved Million Dead, love his new solo stuff too.

I got his demo a while back (took over 3 weeks to come but it was worth the wait)

He's such a cool guy.

His site's pretty cool too, www.frank-turner.com

He runs it all himself and posts on the forum quite often... Infact, I should post there more often

bobjewell87
04-10-2006, 09:17 AM
Yeah, he seems to be gaining quite a name for himself on his solo rounds

that's not an opinion andrew dear

anyways, turner's great fun. Yeah that's the word to use, fun, and lots of it at that.

Favourite songs are cassanovas lament (though it does stick out a bit live), his cover of dancing queen and smiling at strangers on trains.

He's on Public broadcast service number 8 as well, so there's another excuse to buy it.

Andrewbiles
04-10-2006, 09:48 AM
that's not an opinion andrew dear

Quite fortunate as no question on opinions was asked, only, "Has anyone here heard of Frank Turner?" :p:

Public Service Broadcast #7 was better though.

alliwant
05-24-2006, 12:34 PM
I've just recently got into him after hearing him on The Lock Up on BBC Radio 1. I especially like Nashville Tenessee. He's great. Hope to get his E.P soon.

j0nmcc
05-24-2006, 08:50 PM
Robs been going on about him for ages to me,

ive just checked him out

i love him!

*me looks into it more*