Band Help

PDA

View Full Version : Band Help

BeatleLover1029
04-09-2006, 09:32 PM
Hi,
I am the vocalist in a band with 4 other people (2 guitars, bass, drums)
However, in my band, the other four are like huge heavy metal fans, but I like sort of a softer, more classic rock genre of music. This is, in part, because most of the vocalists in the bands they listen to rip their vocal cords into pieces to scream for 7 minutes. I was just wondering what I should do. I like best friends with the drummer, but they all sometimes joke about replacing me with a screaming fanatic. I love music; it is really my life, and I don't want to not be in a band. Also, I'm only really good at singing, so I can't form a band of my own because I don't own/play a guitar, bass, or drums.

I just don't know what to do. Please help me.

Teh Luv Sniper
04-09-2006, 09:36 PM
try and compromise and scream a little bit

TheMinors009
04-09-2006, 09:38 PM
learn an instrument and get a new band

812many
04-09-2006, 09:39 PM
get loud, and emotional but dont scream. if you do it right, they will be happy. u know what i mean?

cman138
04-09-2006, 09:39 PM
vocal cords are like any other muscle, they can be trained and practiced to where they can do certain things

BeatleLover1029
04-09-2006, 09:43 PM
Thank you to the four of you, that was really quick. I think that I the only one I can't agree with is TheMinors, because I like to sing, and I've tried just playing chords while singing, and can't. But, maybe I could scream a little, and sort of make my voice more agressive than a sort of singsong Beatle-esque tone. And cman138, how do you think someone could go about making it less painful to scream? Also, just another ?, is there a way to broaden vocal range? jw