Getting old?

PDA

View Full Version : Getting old?

sternobum
04-10-2006, 03:34 PM
Well I took a break from this forum for awhile because every time I logged in I saw the same old threads. "Who is the best bass player ever?" "What bass should I buy?" "Which of these two guys is better on bass?" "Which is the better of these two basses?". ARRGGH Is it just me, or these same threads over and over getting old!? I thought maybe if I stayed away for awhile I'd come back to some fresh new topics! WRONG!! Maybe bass guitar really is a boring subject. I doubt it but it sure seems that way sometimes. I've been playing since 1983 and never have I been so bored with the subject of bass guitar as when I come in here and see the same "old" threads. I'm begging someone to come up with something new and exciting. Please!!

Final
04-10-2006, 03:35 PM
It's sad, but true. New members come in and make the same old threads. There's no way of stopping it. You'll just have to avoid them.

ratbollocks
04-10-2006, 03:37 PM
Can't agree more.

sternobum
04-10-2006, 03:37 PM
There should be a rule for new members that says they have to read all old threads before they can post a new thread of their own!

Slayer_Of_Gods
04-10-2006, 03:49 PM
There should be a rule for new members that says they have to read all old threads before they can post a new thread of their own!

Amen To That Brother!

Riryoku
04-10-2006, 07:31 PM

\m/

minor_Care
04-10-2006, 07:40 PM
Heck, there are a lot of topics on bass, no way could it be boring.

I mean, just the sound. I was attracted to the bass- not guitar- for many a reason.. I don't know.. maybe if we stop badgering its picture, and start appreciating what it really is, I don't know, we'll all be on fire after we're off these forums, and just lust after the basses we own.

no matter if they suck or not.

eh, or maybe that's the hippie statement of the century..

sternobum
04-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Maybe if we see one of these "repeat" threads, the best thing to do would for everyone to not put any response in at all. Nothing. They'll all get the picture sooner or later.

Primate-Primus
04-10-2006, 08:14 PM
Except the noobs will still give their responses to them, because they don't know any better.

bassbitch
04-11-2006, 03:21 AM
We need an active moderator.

BB
x

ytse Jammer
04-11-2006, 02:38 PM
^ agread, good point

ToolBass_dude
04-11-2006, 02:43 PM
We need an active moderator.

BB
x

agreed.

i sent a pm to spacedout asking for a bit more of an active moderation stance a few days ago, but no response.

Incubus_SCIENCE
04-11-2006, 02:50 PM
SpacedOut stated that she was having troubles keeping up with her school work.

I come here just as often, but I don't post in the many threads. I really miss the old U-G bass forum (from around last january). That was great.

fourstrings?
04-11-2006, 09:37 PM
but some are kinda have to be repeat, like if ur haveing touble with sumthing, i am sure other ppl have posted the same the, but agreed some are old and just keep on getting repeated, you should search first before you start a new thread

ozzyisagenious
04-12-2006, 01:17 AM
i agree with ya man i mean it is the same thing over n over BUT also everyone is different, having different problems, and plus with the "what bass should i buy" thing, i mean you want to know what people have to say about it to YOU not some other guy that posted a year ago ya know what i mean. so i guess it agree and disagree.

Kendawg4TooL
04-12-2006, 02:29 AM
i agree with ya man i mean it is the same thing over n over BUT also everyone is different, having different problems, and plus with the "what bass should i buy" thing, i mean you want to know what people have to say about it to YOU not some other guy that posted a year ago ya know what i mean. so i guess it agree and disagree.

Registered since March 2006!? Man you've seen everything. :rolleyes:

I find it rather ironic that you commented considering you managed to post 4 threads about slap bass in just 1 day. And on top of that you made a thread about fav. bass solos in songs then a few days later you intensionally made a part 2 to that thread. I know this seems like blatant flaming towards you and yours on my part... but seriously dude you are one of the people who needs to kick back on the threads. :no:

And the threadstarter is dead on, all these "which bass should I buy?" threads are getting out of hand (although I haven't seen too many this week, doesn't mean they aren't coming though). Didn't they make a special thread where people submit short reports on different basses so people can look there for reference? Why didn't it get stickied?

EDIT: Ah, I see that it did indeed get stickied... I guess people are just stupid then lol... sad really.

metaljunkie
04-13-2006, 12:23 AM
ok i am part of the problem, but i know why it is the way it is
i am betting that a lot of those threads are started by unseasoned bass player (aka n00bs to the bass) i have been playing for almost 2 years now and i am subject to asking some of those questions because i want to know who to study. when i say study i mean study style. (i.e. steve harris and his rythem pattern and such)

shut_up_you_***
04-13-2006, 09:55 AM
I come here just as often, but I don't post in the many threads. I really miss the old U-G bass forum (from around last january). That was great.

I know how you mean...

SpacedOut and Asomodai do a great job keep the bass forum spam free, but they don't seem to be here as often as they were before.

Perhaps a third moderator is needed. There's a few people here who I think would make great mods.

Dirk Gently
04-13-2006, 10:03 AM
I don't think such posts are annoying. I don't play bass, but as a guitar player, and one that doesn't spend every free minute in guitar stores like a music version of a mallrat, it's helpful to get other people's opinions, especially since people usually buy the most expensive guitar/bass/whatever they can afford, so to them it's a big investment, whether it's for a $250 Squier or a $2,500 PRS or Gibson. If they're annoying to you, just ignore them. Now, that being said, I do think the Vox v. Cube posts are VERY annoying since the topic has been explored ad nauseum.

Incubus_SCIENCE
04-13-2006, 04:29 PM
^But then again, you've only been registered for a few months.

Kendawg4TooL
04-13-2006, 05:06 PM
^And he's a guitar player, not the end of the world by any means, but if you take a peak into the electric guitar forums you'll see that there's a noticable difference in enthusiasm and thread creativity.

But the problem here isn't that we're dead tired of these threads (well it kinda is) and that we want them gone indefinitely, What we're saying is there are way too many of them when we only need 1. And "just ignore them" is the ****tiest answer you can puke at us (that's not to say that we we're asking for your imput) because "ignoring" them would mean fishing through all the pointless threads just to find a relevant one when instead no0bs should read the rules and the bass recomendation forum. Saying "just ignore them" is like saying "just let the stupid take over and get what you can out of it"... see how stupid that sounds?

But about the need for more active mods, if we need another one I'm up for modness, I don't post in here that much and there are people here who know more about bass in general than I do, but I'm always IN here and I know a relevant thread from a pointless one. And if I'm not "worthy" so to speak, then I suggest either Mangablade or incubus SCIENCE.

crazypeanutman
04-13-2006, 05:10 PM
But about the need for more active mods, if we need another one I'm up for modness, I don't post in here that much and there are people here who know more about bass in general than I do, but I'm always IN here and I know a relevant thread from a pointless one. And if I'm not "worthy" so to speak, then I suggest either Mangablade or incubus SCIENCE.

i agree, either incubus, manga, or tool_bass dude should get a mod position.

vinnie g bass and john swift are good choices too.

ozzyisagenious
04-13-2006, 06:55 PM
dude just because people put threads up that you dont like or whatever doesnt mean that you have to read them, people want help or are curious about something. i had a lot of questions about slap bass so i made some threads askin for some help doesnt mean that you have to read it if you dont want, if someone wants to help great but dont get all pissed off because some people are new like me and want to learn about certain things.

Kendawg4TooL
04-13-2006, 11:36 PM
dude just because people put threads up that you dont like or whatever doesnt mean that you have to read them, people want help or are curious about something. i had a lot of questions about slap bass so i made some threads askin for some help doesnt mean that you have to read it if you dont want, if someone wants to help great but dont get all pissed off because some people are new like me and want to learn about certain things.

Have you read anything that we've been talking about?.... or like whatever :rolleyes:

We don't care if you're a no0b, we've already been over that, but you should have some common sense and see that there is no point in making FOUR threads on the same topic in ONE day. And no we're not going to ignore it (we've been over this before aswell, if you could only read then you wouldn't make me repeat myself) if you know it's a nuisance then you shouldn't flood the forum with it you redundant ass.

Bulletbass man
04-13-2006, 11:58 PM
I've been on this site for a good bit of time and yeah the whole site has gone to hell. Bass forum has always been a little slow but now its just terrible. The pit is absolutely horrid. I see the same emg thread title yet another emg thread every 15 minutes. Its pretty simple just read the old emg threads. Damn people are stupid. and everytime someone makes a tread of worth some noob comes a long and kills it with post like

omg dat is so cooool your my heroooo. Oooooooooooo itts sooo pretty

seriously.

I tried to quit UG but i came back anyways. Mainly for the few people worth my time.

sternobum
04-16-2006, 07:15 PM

You actually missed the whole point. I'm not surprised though. You are exactly the kind of ignorant person I started this thread about anyways. Read prior posts before posting!!! Is it really that hard to understand??