The Bands Secret

PDA

View Full Version : The Bands Secret

Brawley
04-11-2006, 01:46 AM
I was wondering for those of you out there who are in bands, I was wondering if you can share what types of music you guys play, and what music style is blended in your bands. And if you can, please share your secret to what makes your band successful.

zparticus
04-11-2006, 01:51 AM
we are playing... some thrash metal mixed with hardcore mixed with some blues licks and stuff.. because i consider myself more of a blues guitarist... so...

SilentDeftone
04-11-2006, 01:55 AM
*moved*

-SD :dance:

PenCapChew
04-11-2006, 01:55 AM
Destiny
destiny is the key to all great bands
because
its pure destiny that all of you happend to meet each other and click on the same level enough to make great music

hendrix1194
04-11-2006, 01:57 AM
:eek: SD got his sig wrong!

I play in two bands. One called Pantallica, obviously a metallica and pantera cover band:)
And i perform with another band which we play most types of metal from death to thrash to black.

EDIT: Forgot to answer rest of question.
I dont think we have a secret to keep it tight and successful, i guess since we've all been good mates since we were kids that helps a lot. But theres hardly any in house fighting. *looks at some kind of monster dvd* we all have our opinions and respect them.

SilentDeftone
04-11-2006, 01:58 AM
:eek: SD got his sig wrong!
Sigs are automatic. :finger:

hendrix1194
04-11-2006, 02:00 AM
Sigs are automatic. :finger:

I meant your little dancing guy :finger: but anyway.

Ostin
04-11-2006, 02:36 AM
just play be good at what you play and get along and dont let this happen to you:

the guitarist starts fighting with the lead vocal guy over what the song should sound like while the bassist is on his ass eating cheezits thinking of a new bass riff, while the drummer isnt even at the practice, but is making waffles at 5 in the afternoon because he was bored.

Caressing Death
04-11-2006, 05:56 AM
We player heavy, and thrash metal. An example of our style is Slayer and Metallica but with more shred.
The members of my band are just really easy to get along with but the problem is that anytime in between practicing songs, me and the drummer would start jamming and the bassist freaks out!
I guess it's because we have a gig in a few weeks...

SomeEvilDude
04-11-2006, 07:59 AM
Hm, well we can't seem to find a permanent drummer, that's good and we click with, so meh. The one we've got at the moment is pretty cool, seems dedicated and is definately a kickass drummer, so we'll see.

But anywho, we're a three piece, and we bring all sorts of various influences to the table:

Me (guitar/vocals/harmonica): Blues, pyschedelic rock, folk, bit a of prog. rock, bit of modern rock

Bass player/keyboardist: Prog. rock, reggae, alternative rock, modern rock

Drummer: Modern rock, reggae, hip-hop, pop-punk

So yeah, we've got a pretty interesting sound when it all comes together. As for the second question, the best way to 'be successful' is to have a decent set of music that you can play well. That's the best thing you can possibly do.

buckethead101
04-12-2006, 10:01 AM
we play the so-called prog metalcore.

-Prog mentality like weird meter and tempo changes, guitar shredding influenced by Petrucci, songs with concepts
-Metalcore sounding like those you hear in some metalcore bands like Killswitch Engage

I guess Pantera is a metalcore band. One of the prime influences of my band right now.

buckethead101
04-12-2006, 10:08 AM
but our songs are just like the mainstream bands out there. Politics, experiences and love are "all abouts" in this band.

buckethead101
04-12-2006, 10:12 AM
secrets: play hard as you can. That's my principle in performing. If you want to be heavy, your performance must be heavy too.

TasianSensation
04-13-2006, 02:48 PM
just play be good at what you play and get along and dont let this happen to you:

the guitarist starts fighting with the lead vocal guy over what the song should sound like while the bassist is on his ass eating cheezits thinking of a new bass riff, while the drummer isnt even at the practice, but is making waffles at 5 in the afternoon because he was bored.

holy twat! thats what happened to my old band! the bassist didn't contribute anything positively and out drummer kept blowing us off! i need to find a new bassist and drummer now...