Thoughts of Anti-Flag?

PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts of Anti-Flag?

Adam_Harrison9
04-12-2006, 08:19 AM
I just wanted to know what people thought of these:

1. Lyrically
2.Musically
3. Vocally
4. Overall

tnx

Not Now
04-12-2006, 08:27 AM
Well, for a start, they should be in the Punk forum.

Overall I like them, havent heard much of their older stuff though.

danger_boy_13
04-12-2006, 08:35 AM
The new albums is getting a little borderline poppy. I mean, it's not like Green Day or Simple Plan, but it is very well produced, not quite as raw as the older stuff.

opivy21
04-12-2006, 04:19 PM
1. Lyrically they are a little too preachy for my tastes. They sound like maybe they try a little too hard.
2. Musically I think that they are a little bit generic and boring. It's all over-produced.
3. I can't stand the singing, but that's just my opinion.
4. Overall I don't think that they are anything special. If you want to listen to them, go ahead, but I don't think I will be anytime.

Iluvpowerchords
04-12-2006, 05:15 PM
How should I know what Anti Flag is thinking?

My thoughts on Anti Flag are that I do not like them.

Food_is_good
04-12-2006, 07:13 PM
Lyrically: Overly Political and Anti everything
Musically: The Bass player is pretty good
Vocally: Justin Sane has a very annoying voice
Overall: They're Ok

Leftover_Crack
04-12-2006, 07:14 PM
1. Hypocritcal
2. Mediocre
3. Annoying
4. Sucky

somepunkkid
04-12-2006, 07:49 PM
They suck

Prince
04-12-2006, 07:50 PM
1. Pop
2. Punk &
3. Emo
4. Forum

somepunkkid
04-12-2006, 07:58 PM
^no unfortenatly this is where they belong

pinheadslts75
04-13-2006, 02:16 PM
1. Preachy hypocrits who are in this for money. "I hate my government and I'm a major label anarchist."
2.Generic, over-produced, uninteresting, pop-rock crap.
3.Justin Sane should change his name to Justin Ept.
4.See #2

NOFX-AquaCrack
04-13-2006, 03:41 PM
the new CD sux...the rest are good

Rankles
04-13-2006, 04:43 PM
Hypocritical and preachy, but a good band to listen to. They tire after a while though.

whyvern
04-13-2006, 07:38 PM
I don't like to think about them if I don't have to.

MrLucky77713
04-13-2006, 11:25 PM
The latest album had 2 tracks I really liked (first and third, didn't bother to learn the names), but was otherwise nothing great. Older releases had a more solid feel. This one sort of drones away in the background after 4 tracks or so. Their style of play is great, the instrumentation is great. Guess it's just the lyrics that seem to be going downhill.

LoudnSnotty138
04-13-2006, 11:37 PM
1. Pop
2. Punk &
3. Emo
4. Forum

i couldnt agree more.

minorthreat123
04-14-2006, 10:47 AM
they just suck

mrFood
04-14-2006, 12:04 PM
1. Their lyrics are pretty raw. Not a lot of creativity in there; the messages can be read as if they were written in an essay.
2. Musically, their guitar player(s) aren't very good, in my opinion. Power chord, power chord, power chord. Shrug.
3. Vocally, DEATH. They're from California or something, and their singer has a British accent. BRITISH ACCENT DOES NOT EQUAL PUNK. DAMMMMN. But yeah, I don't like the guy's voice.
4. Overall, I see 'em as a crappy punk band. But that's just me; I know a lot of people that love them.

ScummerVacation
04-14-2006, 12:39 PM
I dont have many thoughts on them really. Mainly because i dont listen to them, I dont talk about them, I dont like them, I dont think about them. Freedom Of Choice! What You Got?

A7X_Green_Day
04-14-2006, 02:19 PM
I really like Anti-Flag. Just recently started listening to them.

Lyrically: Awesome. I really like political songs.
Musically: Great. The tunes are catchy, but still simple.
Vocally: Least favourite part. Sane's voice is a little annoying in some songs, but it's still good.
Overall: Not my favourite band, but in my top three though. Their pretty good.

somepunkkid
04-16-2006, 02:22 PM
I really like Anti-Flag. Just recently started listening to them.

Lyrically: Awesome. I really like political songs.
Musically: Great. The tunes are catchy, but still simple.
Vocally: Least favourite part. Sane's voice is a little annoying in some songs, but it's still good.
Overall: Not my favourite band, but in my top three though. Their pretty good.

Your name negates your opinion

hardrock1315
04-16-2006, 10:56 PM

Dude, shut up.

A7X_Green_Day
04-17-2006, 09:36 AM

Ok, are you refering to the fact that I like A7X or Green Day, or the fact that apparently I can't like A7X, GD, and Anti-Flag all at once?

#1: Green Day is an awesome band, in my opinion. A7X is an awesome band, in my opinion. Anti-Flag is an awesome band, in my opinion. I don't give a rat's ass about what you think about my favourite bands.

#2: I like what I like, and I don't like bands for genre's or for what's popular.

littlewalker
04-18-2006, 04:29 AM
lyrically and musically fairly weak(but what the **** does that really matter anyways?there a "punk" band). new album is pretty ****ty. but i must say, they are fairly good fun, and some of there old stuff is thoroughly entertaining.

NOFX_JustinSane
04-18-2006, 05:33 PM
1) Lyrically? - The lyrics are very good, but they do get a little repetetive
2)Musically? - Very good, the bass is amazing
3)Vocally? - Personally i love Justin Sane's voice, but i can see why some people dont
4)Overall? - Very very good punk band, with a good message

waterproofpie
04-18-2006, 05:47 PM
1) Lyrically? - The lyrics are very good, but they do get a little repetetive
2)Musically? - Very good, the bass is amazing
3)Vocally? - Personally i love Justin Sane's voice, but i can see why some people dont
4)Overall? - Very very good punk band, with a good message

If I was musically amazing music...I can listen to Thelonius Monk and be assaulted with jazz piano.
On the other hand, Anti Flag does not musically assault me.

How isn't this thread dead yet?

opivy21
04-18-2006, 05:57 PM
Thelonius Monk is awesome.

waterproofpie
04-18-2006, 06:05 PM

Straight no chaser...has been stuck in my head for the past week.

hardrock1315
04-18-2006, 06:06 PM

Yeah, he's ill. Have you ever heard his work with Coltrane?

opivy21
04-18-2006, 06:11 PM
Yeah, he's ill. Have you ever heard his work with Coltrane?
No, but I have been listening to Coltrane in the last week. I should listen to Coltrane and Monk though. They have got to be incredible together.

hardrock1315
04-18-2006, 06:16 PM
No, but I have been listening to Coltrane in the last week. I should listen to Coltrane and Monk though. They have got to be incredible together.

Hit me up on AIM, I'll send it to you.

opivy21
04-18-2006, 06:18 PM
Thanks, but I don't have AIM.

waterproofpie
04-18-2006, 06:25 PM
You can send some of it my way!

IM me up.
waterproofpie

hardrock1315
04-18-2006, 06:45 PM
You can send some of it my way!

IM me up.
waterproofpie

Cool. My IM is WhoNeedsWar.

somepunkkid
04-18-2006, 09:46 PM
Dude, shut up.

haha i love you hardrock

StuckWithSlappy
04-20-2006, 02:12 AM
1. Preachy hypocrits who are in this for money. "I hate my government and I'm a major label anarchist."
2.Generic, over-produced, uninteresting, pop-rock crap.
3.Justin Sane should change his name to Justin Ept.
4.See #2

Dude. No. Just. No. God I cant even believe. How can something be over produced? Yeah i guess if its the chronicles of narnia....but this is just pop-punk, and you say its uninteresting but overproduced. Not understanding. Pop-rock crap? No sir, pop rock is Kelly Clarkson. Inept? Riiiight. And how do you know what they are in it for? I dont. But neither do you.

somepunkkid
04-20-2006, 02:48 AM
Ok, are you refering to the fact that I like A7X or Green Day, or the fact that apparently I can't like A7X, GD, and Anti-Flag all at once?

#1: Green Day is an awesome band, in my opinion. A7X is an awesome band, in my opinion. Anti-Flag is an awesome band, in my opinion. I don't give a rat's ass about what you think about my favourite bands.

#2: I like what I like, and I don't like bands for genre's or for what's popular.
#1 i was being sarcasic... im sorry for offending you
#2 Thats a good stance to have

Dude. No. Just. No. God I cant even believe. How can something be over produced? Yeah i guess if its the chronicles of narnia....but this is just pop-punk, and you say its uninteresting but overproduced. Not understanding. Pop-rock crap? No sir, pop rock is Kelly Clarkson. Inept? Riiiight. And how do you know what they are in it for? I dont. But neither do you.

If anyone is as confused by this post as i am please come forward :confused:

CowsWithGuns
04-20-2006, 03:01 AM
^ Right here man. It's entirely possible for something to be uninteresting and overproduced. Inept? Yes. Definately yes. Justin Sane keeps rewriting the same damn song over and over again with maybe 5 exceptions. You can only voice general discontent about America so many times before people expect you to say something relevent, articulate, specific and intelligent. I'm just a bit tired of "I'm/we're ****ing being oppressed by ****ing America/the ****ing governmet/the ****ing president and I'm ****ing going to say **** until some ****ing 15 year olds buy my ****ing albums! ****!"

JohnnyNapalm
04-20-2006, 09:25 AM
^ Right here man. It's entirely possible for something to be uninteresting and overproduced. Inept? Yes. Definately yes. Justin Sane keeps rewriting the same damn song over and over again with maybe 5 exceptions. You can only voice general discontent about America so many times before people expect you to say something relevent, articulate, specific and intelligent. I'm just a bit tired of "I'm/we're ****ing being oppressed by ****ing America/the ****ing governmet/the ****ing president and I'm ****ing going to say **** until some ****ing 15 year olds buy my ****ing albums! ****!"
:haha :haha :haha

llanafreak44
04-20-2006, 08:26 PM
1. I like political lyrics
2. They ahve some good solos here and there, but i dont really like their new albums music
3. 2 and Justin have pretty good voices
4. Good band, but it was a bad idea to release that album under the new record company, they are on radio =(

UrethraSwabber
04-20-2006, 10:27 PM
many of their songs are the same, exactly as CowsWithGuns put it. Their new albu is SO lame i cant even take it. Some of their songs are fun to play, but only their early stuff is somewhat good. The Bassist is sick, especially in concert.

hardrock1315
04-21-2006, 12:32 AM
1. I like political lyrics
2. They ahve some good solos here and there, but i dont really like their new albums music
3. 2 and Justin have pretty good voices
4. Good band, but it was a bad idea to release that album under the new record company, they are on radio =(

I wasn't aware that being on the radio made a band bad...

A7X_Green_Day
04-21-2006, 04:06 PM
#1 i was being sarcasic... im sorry for offending you
#2 Thats a good stance to have

Oh... oops sorry. :(

MrLucky77713
04-21-2006, 04:14 PM

corporate sell-out whore

llanafreak44
04-21-2006, 05:39 PM

It doesn't, but the last thing i want to see are retarted girly girls at an anti-flag show beacuse they heard it on 94.5 the buzz ( or whatever your alternative rock station is) when i was at the anti-flag show there were these annoying as **** preps who started yelling out gay **** like IM NAKED AND **** ME!!!!!!!! and then theyd laff. But they started getting pushed from thw crowd and they were like WHAT THE **** ARE YALL DOING?!?! Its a punk show what do you expect. Over all moral, a band can sell out as much as they want, but it starts to get bad when they get retarted fans

waterproofpie
04-21-2006, 05:48 PM
No offense, but radio or not, Anti Flag will always have a dumb and/or teenage girl fan base.

KurtCobain9898
04-22-2006, 11:46 AM
1. Hypocritcal
2. Mediocre
3. Annoying
4. Sucky

CHEERS TO YOU BUDDY!

THey dotn have much talent.......power chords for alot of there stuff. It just gets borign as hell. :no: :no:

MrLucky77713
04-22-2006, 12:17 PM
THey dotn have much talent.......power chords for alot of there stuff. It just gets borign as hell. :no: :no:

You're aware of what genre we're discussing here, right? Regardless of whether they play punk or pop-punk, the style of guitar wasn't meant for wanking. It's simple, aggressive, and to the point.

LoudnSnotty138
04-22-2006, 12:42 PM
It doesn't, but the last thing i want to see are retarted girly girls at an anti-flag show beacuse they heard it on 94.5 the buzz ( or whatever your alternative rock station is) when i was at the anti-flag show there were these annoying as **** preps who started yelling out gay **** like IM NAKED AND **** ME!!!!!!!! and then theyd laff. But they started getting pushed from thw crowd and they were like WHAT THE **** ARE YALL DOING?!?! Its a punk show what do you expect. Over all moral, a band can sell out as much as they want, but it starts to get bad when they get retarted fans

sweetie they already have retarded fans. and if your gonna listen to "big" bands like that get used to having lots of assholes at the shows.

corporate sell-out whore

haha i dont know why but that made me laugh out loud.

MrLucky77713
04-22-2006, 02:58 PM
^Maybe because it was supposed to be funny. But you'd know everything about that with your p053r lol'ing, wouldn't you?

LoudnSnotty138
04-22-2006, 03:03 PM
^Maybe because it was supposed to be funny. But you'd know everything about that with your p053r lol'ing, wouldn't you?

T0t@11y!!!

A7X_Green_Day
04-22-2006, 08:16 PM
No offense, but radio or not, Anti Flag will always have a dumb and/or teenage girl fan base.

Ok.. I'm an Anti-Flag fan... and I'm a teenage guy! I don't know of any teenage girls that like AF. I've only seen a few guys with AF hoodies or shirts around.

minorthreat123
04-22-2006, 09:01 PM
i saw a girl with an anti-flag sweatshirt, and she was a fag

CowsWithGuns
04-22-2006, 09:03 PM
^ What does that have to do with anything? The fag bit I mean.

waterproofpie
04-22-2006, 09:42 PM
Being I'm a girl who used to LOVE Anti Flag...and had friends who were girls who liked them...

I think I know what I'm talking about.

P.S. I was 12.
So no one can hold me accountable for the crappy taste.
And for the record,
I also listened to the Descendents.
So I wasn't completely useless.

minorthreat123
04-22-2006, 09:50 PM
She liked anti-flag and she was a fag

Chrome Fiction
04-22-2006, 09:57 PM
i think they're retarded. a bunch of liberal bs with no skill whatesoever.

LoudnSnotty138
04-22-2006, 11:37 PM
Being I'm a girl who used to LOVE Anti Flag...and had friends who were girls who liked them...

I think I know what I'm talking about.

P.S. I was 12.
So no one can hold me accountable for the crappy taste.
And for the record,
I also listened to the Descendents.
So I wasn't completely useless.

Thats the age when i bought die for the govt. i liked for awile then i started hateing them. how do you go from NRA to RCA?

UrethraSwabber
04-30-2006, 09:46 PM
CHEERS TO YOU BUDDY!

THey dotn have much talent.......power chords for alot of there stuff. It just gets borign as hell.

yo...obviously you're a kurt cobain fan so...why are you dissing power chords? Power chords are all Nirvana ever used. Anti-flag has a better guitarist (listen to "culture revolution").

hardrock1315
04-30-2006, 10:28 PM
i think they're retarded. a bunch of liberal bs with no skill whatesoever.

Yeah, liberal hippie pieces of ****, right?

**** off dude.

Anti-Flag do suck, though.

MrLucky77713
04-30-2006, 11:31 PM
I still like a wealth of Anti-Flag's stuff. I've finally concluded that the new album wasn't worth the money, though.

I won't go to their shows. Ev-or. Can't stand the kids. What was the name of that comp? (Jawbreaker tribute, I think...) "Love the music, hate the kids"...?

Something like that.

Fuck kids.

Green_Fox
04-30-2006, 11:34 PM
they're ok but they do get annoying after awhile.

mike2
05-01-2006, 12:08 AM
what happened to andy? he was cool.....

mike2
05-01-2006, 12:16 AM
but i personally do feel they stand for their **** they complain about....except selling-out.....that one totally was hypocritical.....my friend said in one of their music videos there was a guy with a shirt on that said "major record label stab here" or some **** like that....that made me giggle

ss311
05-01-2006, 12:50 PM
I dunno how a band can preach the importance of DIY and underground networks, blah blah blah and then sign to Sony

mike2
05-02-2006, 12:35 AM
underground network!
alternative communication!
underground network!
ALTERNATIVE COMMUNICATION!!!

VodkaPunk
05-02-2006, 01:06 AM
To dewd that said Anti-Flag was from California, they're from Pittsburgh.

For most posters informations Anti-Flag has more talent in their effin' ... merch guys pinky finger than most posters in this thread.

To be able to produce so many songs, albums, sell out so many shows, keep bringing fans for so many years means they're doing something right. How many posters bands have done the same raise your hand ... sit down.

I'm tired of posters putting down bands because they were good enough for people to buy their albums while posters praise their favorite shitty ass anarcho band or something.

grendel
05-02-2006, 10:30 AM
I love me some Anti-Flag, but you won't see me at one of their shows. They have somehow managed to attract the entirely wrong fan-base, and make their intended fan-base hate or ignore them.

I can't really blame them for selling out though. I'd love to have enough money to get a new half-stack and head, and selling records beats the hell out of hard labor or flipping burgers.

If good bands never sold out then they would only last about a year, never release a second album and quit, broke, unhappy, and pissed that their over-zealous moral view on money took an ironic turn that now prevents them from dedicating their lives to the music.
The punks and skins I know don't buy enough merch to support a bands musical addiction. The money that fuels the rock and roll machine lies in the hands of lame @$$ kids.

whyvern
05-02-2006, 04:39 PM

For most posters informations Anti-Flag has more talent in their effin' ... merch guys pinky finger than most posters in this thread.

To be able to produce so many songs, albums, sell out so many shows, keep bringing fans for so many years means they're doing something right. How many posters bands have done the same raise your hand ... sit down.

I'm tired of posters putting down bands because they were good enough for people to buy their albums while posters praise their favorite shitty ass anarcho band or something.

people like P. Diddy... what the **** did he do?

Sample the Police.

Just beacuse alot of people like something doesn't make it good.

Adolf Hitler was voted into office.

Stoner Loner
05-02-2006, 04:51 PM
I think they are a band doomed to eventaully fall under the pop-punk genre,ecspecially if they keep on decking out their studio material with the over production feel.Thats not a bad thing but for them it results in a "i wanna be bigger" way.Their songs are decent,great with a mixed balance of music shuffled into say an i-pod, too much of them at once is like too much sugar...a headache lol.

VodkaPunk
05-03-2006, 03:04 AM
Whyvern you make me laugh as much as a straight edge kid.

P. Diddy or at the time, Puff Daddy, was not granted fame because of his talents but rather inheritated success from a close friend who did however make a name for himself on skill in the Notorious B.I.G.
Puff Daddy used B.I.G. as a bridge for the success later in his career.

Whyvern you have been around these forums for a good time. I'm suprised you mentioned Hitler. Brings a tear to my eye.

Here is my DISCLAIMER to you posters reading this or know me or used to.
I got banned a few months ago for some opinions that I voiced that were not taken well in these forums. Some people thought I was bringing Nazi propaganda. I want to clear this for anyone who reads any further posts of mine about this topic or have a misconception of me.
I am not a Nazi. I am not German. As a matter of fact, I preach an ideal of unity. I mainly listen to ska, and have been in several ska bands. I currently play in a punk/ska band that have many songs about unity.

Heres where I got off. When people are so dumb to disrespect hard work and talent.
It simply breaks common sense.

Whyvern to you again, Adolf Hitler was voted into office for a reason. And as a result of that, was hours away from World domination. If it wasn't for the GREAT nation of America you would probably have a number on you or in some way not have the freedom you do. In some way your life would have changed. You might not have been born because of a death in the family because of Aryan domination and minority cleansing.

One person was voted to office in a run down, nearly third world country. A country starving, unemployed, suburbans in ruins. One person lead that same country to moments of world domination. Thats a pretty good accomplishment no matter what race, country, or reason it may be. No matter what , just taking that for itself.

Back to Anti-Flag.

People say Anti-Flag is overproduced? Does that mean overproduced so it isn't punk? Or just that overproducing in general is bad? Can someone clarify that for me?
But what I have to say for that is has anyone listened to the Unseens last CD? Anyone? That thing is more produced than any Anti-Flag album.
I like both bands.
Doesn't make the Unseen less punk because they have enough money to make a quality CD.

whyvern
05-03-2006, 08:30 AM
Facism is not hard work or talent.

It's exploiting many people to get achieve one goal for one person. It's sick, twisted and wrong. Hard work is working together with people to create alternative economic solutions that don't involve the control of just one person. Talent is creating a new system that is nothing like that doesn't perpetuate the trend of violence that has occured throughout human society for millenia and finds its way to word "domination" if you will through peace, not war.

Besides, Anti-Flag and corporate package tours have nothing to do with Punk Rock.

I include the Unseen in this statement too.

People don't like Punk Rock. I think everyone always forgets that part. It's not digestable by mainstream society.

MrLucky77713
05-03-2006, 08:42 AM
Besides, Anti-Flag and corporate package tours have nothing to do with Punk Rock.

People don't like Punk Rock. I think everyone always forgets that part. It's not digestable by mainstream society.

Punk rock isn't about selling records under a certain ceiling of sales. It isn't about limiting one's self, it isn't about forcing yourself under the radar. If a band is like anti-flag (catchy, with a message that many like to hear these days), then the sales and sold out tours just come with the territory. It isn't as if they sold their soul to the devil. Sure, they sound "overproduced." I don't even know what the hell that means, but ya know something? I'll let it slide. They can sound as overproduced as they want, and I don't really like their newer stuff because it's the same old shit, and other bands can do it better. Regardless, They haven't "broken" their punk rock "credentials." They just make music that other people seem to like. I fail to see their sin.

The mainstream society will never like punk more than it likes anything else, but mainstream society is breaking. It isn't all one entity anymore, and people need to start seeing that to understand what's going on in certain genres. The mainstream culture that's making fitty' huge is NOT the same mainstream that's carrying falloutboy on its back and pumping up pop-emo. They're splitting.

VodkaPunk
05-03-2006, 12:42 PM
Facism is not hard work or talent.

It's exploiting many people to get achieve one goal for one person. It's sick, twisted and wrong. Hard work is working together with people to create alternative economic solutions that don't involve the control of just one person. Talent is creating a new system that is nothing like that doesn't perpetuate the trend of violence that has occured throughout human society for millenia and finds its way to word "domination" if you will through peace, not war.

No matter what form of government is run if it can rebuild a nation that is raw hard work. There is violence in this world and it is a sad thing. Your comment, ' Talent is creating a new system... ' it doesn't matter if the system is old or new if it works it works. And it works for a reason not on quincidence but on sweat.
There was a lot of violence and a lot of bloodshed in America claiming its independence. America was considered radical and obsurd at that point too. But because of it you have the freedom you have today.

Do you find any third world country or country in ruins making a run for world domination sometime soon?
Doesn't happen so much.

Adam_Harrison9
05-03-2006, 03:23 PM
Thats the age when i bought die for the govt. i liked for awile then i started hateing them. how do you go from NRA to RCA?
'Cos they're a good band maybe? ok they keep it simple, the voice may annoy people i can understand (personally i really like it) musically some guitar parts are good/brilliant i.e a new kind of army solo, tearing everyone down and others... Ok, overall their music does get slightly boring.....but that's no reason to give them an absolute arseholing :rolleyes:

Adam_Harrison9
05-03-2006, 03:28 PM
I love me some Anti-Flag, but you won't see me at one of their shows. They have somehow managed to attract the entirely wrong fan-base, and make their intended fan-base hate or ignore them.

I can't really blame them for selling out though. I'd love to have enough money to get a new half-stack and head, and selling records beats the hell out of hard labor or flipping burgers.

If good bands never sold out then they would only last about a year, never release a second album and quit, broke, unhappy, and pissed that their over-zealous moral view on money took an ironic turn that now prevents them from dedicating their lives to the music.
The punks and skins I know don't buy enough merch to support a bands musical addiction. The money that fuels the rock and roll machine lies in the hands of lame @$$ kids.
There are lots of people like you if everyone went who said this there would be a decent crowd, it doesn't really bother me that the majority are dickheads though.... :liplick:

VodkaPunk
05-03-2006, 06:40 PM
Guys ... don't argue with Captain Anarchy alright.

whyvern
05-03-2006, 06:47 PM
No matter what form of government is run if it can rebuild a nation that is raw hard work. There is violence in this world and it is a sad thing. Your comment, ' Talent is creating a new system... ' it doesn't matter if the system is old or new if it works it works. And it works for a reason not on quincidence but on sweat.
There was a lot of violence and a lot of bloodshed in America claiming its independence. America was considered radical and obsurd at that point too. But because of it you have the freedom you have today.

The system doesn't work. It's falling apart. I think high gas prices are the first step in people realizing that major corporations have been ****ing them over for the past 20+ years.... and now they're starting to act and demand answers.

America was radical and all also was founded immorally on stolen land. Also, I can say whatever I want anywhere in the world. I just have to believe in it enough to suffer the consequences.

Do you find any third world country or country in ruins making a run for world domination sometime soon?
Doesn't happen so much.

Because countries are useless now. Look at Al-Qaeda, they've created quick an extensive worldwide system to achieve their goal. How many governments can launch an attack in any country in the world the way they can?

That in a way puts them in a closer step to "world domination".

Of course the people that reall aim for world domination are multinational corporations who don't even need the laws of any country.

But that's another rant for another time.

VodkaPunk
05-03-2006, 07:11 PM
The system doesn't work. It's falling apart. I think high gas prices are the first step in people realizing that major corporations have been ****ing them over for the past 20+ years.... and now they're starting to act and demand answers.

System doesn't work? I know youre not talking about America right. You can't be. Gas prices are ridiculous you're right. Great observation. Your minimum wage job will also be raised this next year. Taxes are paid to pave the streets you drive/walk on, prisons to keep you and your family from being killed by murders or have your home raped by thieves, police to keep your child/future child away from things and to protect them from things that will harm them. But you'll probably find a reason to complain about that. Right?
Gas might be expensive. I drive a truck tell me about it. In my opinion you should pray to God everynight youre on American soil. In a place where you have a competitive capitalist system where you can be whatever you want. It is up to you to make something of yourself. You should be lucky its ideals have carried out and are the biggest power in the world. Fold your fingers and thank God you don't have a number branded on your arm in a Communist nation. Had America not destroyed evil super powers like the Nazis or contain various Communist nation you might very well be a number. But you'll probably complain about that too.

America was radical and all also was founded immorally on stolen land. Also, I can say whatever I want anywhere in the world. I just have to believe in it enough to suffer the consequences.

You have to be kidding me. AGAIN complaining about the nation which harbors your freedom to walk on the street without fear of a land mine because they were established in the first place.
The English, Spanish, French and Norweigan people all settled on this land and brought civilization. For the better. America was a new settlement. And because of its strive for greatness it has become the most advanced and powerful nation in the world.

Because countries are useless now. Look at Al-Qaeda, they've created quick an extensive worldwide system to achieve their goal. How many governments can launch an attack in any country in the world the way they can?

That in a way puts them in a closer step to "world domination".

Of course the people that reall aim for world domination are multinational corporations who don't even need the laws of any country.

But that's another rant for another time.

Bro incase you didn't know Al-Qaeda doesn't scare shiiiiiiitt. They run meetings in effin' holes. They discuss plans in dirt. Do you know why that is?
BECAUSE YOUR MILITARY IS IN THE MIDDLE EAST RAPING THEM RIGHT NOW!

But you'll probably find a reason to complain about that too.

whyvern
05-03-2006, 08:11 PM
I don't even want to bother to asnwer that bull****. Which really upsets me because as an anarchist, I feel it's my duty to educate people on what's wrong with the world and how we can fix it.

But I deal with people like you in my school everyday, and it's very tiring to have to keep up the same arguments all the time with people who don't want to listen.

Let me say one thing though:

In America, you aren't free. You aren't free anywhere. Humanity is connected and if someone is enslaved somewhere, no one is free. I might be able to say whatever I want but I'm not free, and my lifestyle ends up enslaving people. It's not cool and needs to change... and until you and other people realize that as long as there are masters there will always be slaves, no one will ever really be free.

But you probably don't care about that because driving your truck is too damn convenient.

LoudnSnotty138
05-03-2006, 08:37 PM
'Cos they're a good band maybe? ok they keep it simple, the voice may annoy people i can understand (personally i really like it) musically some guitar parts are good/brilliant i.e a new kind of army solo, tearing everyone down and others... Ok, overall their music does get slightly boring.....but that's no reason to give them an absolute arseholing :rolleyes:

I embrace simple music. i like annoying vocals that grind your ears( i listen to the black eyes for ****s sake).

they went from a label they shared with reagan youth to a label they share with christina aguliera. myabe i take punk to seriously and if a band rants about anarchy and **** the gov't **** mtv they shouldnt be on the same label as TRL's top 10.

facemelter
05-04-2006, 11:59 PM
You know theres a pretty thin line between anarchy and totalitarianism believe it or not. Karl marx didnt have that bad of an idea for a government but now it has ended up killing what 20 30 million people and counting? I would think anarchy could easily go the same way. As for you two (vodkapunk) and (whyvern) and your arguments about your political and ideolgical views. you both pretty arrogant and selfish and have shown no real concern or care for the human race as a whole. Sure i would love to have a goverment where everyone is free and candycanes and smiles fall form the sky. but if that same goverment impeded the progress and survival of the human race...well make no mistake i would have no problem branding a number on each one of you F*ckers foreheads so long as we are working together as a race to progress. to piss and moan about the government and rights of a nation is a foolish topic compaired to the needs of our planet as a whole. so in summation.....

5h7h8p7p5p05h7h8p7p5p05h7h8p7p5p05h7h8p7p5p05h7h8p7p5p0 WILTY WOWWWW!!!!! QUIT CHO BITCHIN

VodkaPunk
05-05-2006, 12:11 AM
Remember last night when my post got ruined when my computer froze once I clicked Submit Reply. It just happened AGAIN about two seconds ago. Hopefully it won't happen now. Stupid computer.

Facemelter you're a homo. But. You wanna eat?

facemelter
05-05-2006, 12:20 AM
yea im hungry. and how dare you mock me for posting something totally irrelevant to the topic at hand! i wont stand for your mockery 14h15p1414h15p1414h15p1414h15p14!!!!!

whyvern
05-05-2006, 08:23 AM
You know theres a pretty thin line between anarchy and totalitarianism believe it or not. Karl marx didnt have that bad of an idea for a government but now it has ended up killing what 20 30 million people and counting? I would think anarchy could easily go the same way. As for you two (vodkapunk) and (whyvern) and your arguments about your political and ideolgical views. you both pretty arrogant and selfish and have shown no real concern or care for the human race as a whole. Sure i would love to have a goverment where everyone is free and candycanes and smiles fall form the sky. but if that same goverment impeded the progress and survival of the human race...well make no mistake i would have no problem branding a number on each one of you F*ckers foreheads so long as we are working together as a race to progress. to piss and moan about the government and rights of a nation is a foolish topic compaired to the needs of our planet as a whole. so in summation.....

5h7h8p7p5p05h7h8p7p5p05h7h8p7p5p05h7h8p7p5p05h7h8p7p5p0 WILTY WOWWWW!!!!! QUIT CHO BITCHIN

Communism is an economic system... not a government.

It's better to be an idealist than to give up.

Solidarity!

Guitarplayer136
05-05-2006, 12:22 PM
3. Vocally, DEATH. They're from California or something, and their singer has a British accent. BRITISH ACCENT DOES NOT EQUAL PUNK. DAMMMMN. But yeah, I don't like the guy's voice.

They're from Pittsburgh, at least Justin and Pat are. At least he's different unlike most punk bands who aren't exactly vocally talented.

MrKyle
05-06-2006, 07:26 PM

AMEN! Anti-Flag ****ing rule....last album wasnt brilliant but they made some good points if ya dont like 'em DONT LISTEN TOO EM but dont bother bitchin about em either ya bunch of t***s

Adam_Harrison9
05-07-2006, 06:31 AM
I dunno how a band can preach the importance of DIY and underground networks, blah blah blah and then sign to Sony

I do when they worked with the underground for 9+ years before selling out. I think i'd eventually want to make a little money from music. They're nprobably nearing the end of their music anyway...

CowsWithGuns
05-07-2006, 08:08 AM
AMEN! Anti-Flag ****ing rule....last album wasnt brilliant but they made some good points if ya dont like 'em DONT LISTEN TOO EM but dont bother bitchin about em either ya bunch of t***s

The thread is entitled "Thoughts on Anti-Flag" not "Let's all collectively masturbate to Anti-Flag and praise their names in the name of all that is good". Anyone with an opinion is entitled to post it so if ya don't like em IGNORE THEM but don't bother bitchin about em either ya t***.

VodkaPunk
05-08-2006, 05:09 PM
Relax.

misfitsdisciple
05-08-2006, 09:53 PM
this thread sucks.

VodkaPunk
05-08-2006, 09:56 PM
You don't know anything about punk.

misfitsdisciple
05-08-2006, 09:59 PM
yeah, and you dont know anything about molesting little children.

LoudnSnotty138
05-08-2006, 11:09 PM
yeah, and you dont know anything about molesting little children.

Sometimes i wonder about you....

.:SwAmPmOnKeY:.
05-09-2006, 03:35 PM

amen. you sir recieve my official "you speak from my heart" award.

LastCaress88
05-09-2006, 04:35 PM
I dont like them.Its not really their msuic that gets me(although the singers voice can get annoying),its the fact that they are pretty much anti-everything and they are on a major label.

Up Da MaJoR LaBeL AnArChY PuNx!!!

opivy21
05-09-2006, 04:40 PM
Why do people think that popularity correlates with quality and talent? Using that logic, Green Day is way more talented than Anti-Flag is.

VodkaPunk
05-11-2006, 04:03 AM
I DO think Green Day has more talent than Anti-Flag. I'd give the push because while the bass lacks in my opinion, I think Billie Joe Armstrong is a better guitarist and song writer than Anti-Flag or Chris[Correct me if I'm wrong].
Anything Kerplunk or 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours is better than any CD Anti-Flag has ever done. Post that is pretty really very extremely ridiculously bad.
But thats just what I think.

I wouldn't know much about raping children.

mmm... ice
05-12-2006, 04:41 PM
I saw these guys last night amazing... Thats all i'm saying oh yeah and I met Justin Sane and Chris #2 on the way out.