Travis

PDA

View Full Version : Travis

pommegrenade
04-12-2006, 07:31 PM
Hey, i've searched the forums for a Travis thread and well didnt find one and so i thought i should start one in here. For those people who dont know Travis, Travis is band and it isnt the name of a single person, they hail from Scotland and have had success over the past years. If your would like to listen to them, listen to:
Re-offender
Beautiful occupation
Sing
Side
Some of their famous songs.

sadistic_monkey
04-12-2006, 07:32 PM
Travis are amazing. I've only got Singles and The Invisible Band. I want to pick up more, but they're usually pretty pricy. Good band, great live too. Have you heard their cover of Hit Me Baby One More Time?

j0nmcc
04-12-2006, 08:41 PM
Travis are awesome, and I think they would be pretty well known

I hope they come up with a new album soon. if not then,...meh, theyve had a good run.

bobjewell87
04-12-2006, 08:51 PM
they're good actually, sort of a guilty pleasure but their songs are amazing. Side, driftwood, writing to reach you etc. hot stuff

cangura
04-13-2006, 04:13 AM
I absolutely love them... and their music, of course! Perhaps not THE best band but they are just such nice guys. Any Scots should be proud that they share the same nationality. (not that I'm Scottish) I'm dying to see them live. Hopefully they'll do a tour soon since their new album's due later this year!

cangura
04-13-2006, 04:17 AM
Travis are amazing. I've only got Singles and The Invisible Band. I want to pick up more, but they're usually pretty pricy. Good band, great live too. Have you heard their cover of Hit Me Baby One More Time?

No, I haven't heard it... yet! Is it on their singles album or something? Are they taking the micky?

Glen_Hansard
04-13-2006, 05:40 AM
I haven't listened to them in sooooo long. I like them. I only have Singles, though.

Guitar_Joe
04-13-2006, 05:44 AM
travis are good, wicked lyrics, love will come through is a brilliant song

acoustic-fish
04-13-2006, 07:09 PM
i only have the singles, but i saw them live once (at the isle of wight, lol) and they were amazing... and their frontman (fran healey?) was really funny. brilliant band.

pommegrenade
04-14-2006, 04:20 AM
yeh i reckon they should deserve more appreciation.

cangura
04-14-2006, 06:59 AM
yeh i reckon they should deserve more appreciation.

thanx dude! well said.

cky95
04-14-2006, 09:23 AM
you should check out there first album "good feeling" especially -
u16 girls
tied to the 90s
midsummer nights dreamin'

i got into it after hearing the man who and i really think its better than the more recent stuff.
For whoever asked, i think the hit me baby one more time cover was a b-side and not on the singles album.

rhcp lover
04-14-2006, 09:52 AM
travis are good, wicked lyrics, love will come through is a brilliant song

:cheers: also sing, side, re-offender, writing to reach you, beautiful occupation, walking in the sun and flowers in the window are really amazinggggggggggggg. they are really talented band

Burpin'Worm
04-14-2006, 04:39 PM
I like Side, most of their others were quite good but didn't grab me as much as that.

leaping badger
04-14-2006, 05:12 PM
i quite like a lot of their songs, some great lyrics, but weird videos

pommegrenade
04-15-2006, 12:51 AM
I like the re-offender video.. its cool and makes sense and so does the beautiful occupation. I havent seen the other videos but im sure they make sense as usual

PS: CAN ANYONE PLAY THE SOLO FOR BEAUTIFUL OCCUPATION? I HAVE SEARCHED MANY SITES BUT IT WASENT THERE. :confused:

pommegrenade
04-16-2006, 11:08 PM
anyone?

y2james2005
04-17-2006, 08:31 AM
nah sorry
i love travis there great i think my favorite is turn

rhcp lover
04-17-2006, 08:36 AM
when is their new album?

onlyonehere
04-17-2006, 09:21 AM
They're very boring/bland. Nothing to write home about imo.

ChildofBodom
04-17-2006, 01:38 PM
They're very boring/bland. Nothing to write home about imo.

Agreed. They're awful.

pommegrenade
04-18-2006, 02:45 AM
nah comeon, why be so mean to such a good band?

SpringingOff
04-18-2006, 07:43 AM
Don't like 'em too much, got their first album, but nah.. 'Side' is a cathy song though..

Alley32191
04-22-2006, 11:04 AM
oh my gosh! i love Travis. i don't have a favorite song. i like most of them. and love a bunch.

supernova12
04-27-2006, 04:07 AM
brilliant and talented musicians, really good blokes too

tezhall
04-27-2006, 10:48 AM
Don't like 'em too much, got their first album, but nah.. 'Side' is a cathy song though..

Do you mean the first album (the one with Tied To The Nineties on) or the second album (The one with Writing To Reach You, Driftwood et al on)

The first is unremitting ****e, saw them live supporting Oasis touring it in 97 and it was bloody gargabe which put me off them for a long time.

I like a lot of The Man Who, although I find it hard to like Driftwood and Why Does It Always Rain On Me, I thought Turn was OK, Flowers In The Window is a brilliant lickle tune, Sing was OK, other than that I'm afraid I don't like them much at all.

NicktheGreek
05-01-2006, 08:21 AM
Agreed. They're awful.

Nothing there to really interest me. Very bland.

CD in the bin, time to move on methinks.....

starsailor2006
05-14-2006, 01:09 PM
Travis are a brilliant band surely one of the best uk band. They deserve a place in the top ten british bands beside the bands like coldplay,oasis and radiohead. The best songs from travis are certainly sing, re-offender, flowers in the window,side, love will come through and i like very much their carly simon's cover nobody does it better.

Listen travis and be optimists !!!

Craigster
05-14-2006, 03:12 PM
Yuk.

How can anyone like this band? I don't see the attraction at all.

Tombe
05-14-2006, 03:39 PM
What I think puts Travis above all the other semi-acoustic indie Oldplay-alikes is that they don't take themselves seriously - they cover things like Hit Me Baby One More Time, they really rock out on stage, and one of the best bits of Live 8 was them breaking down into Stayin' Alive during Side. I mean, come on, would Coldplay have done that?

Plus their songs are mostly really easy to play, it's normally open chords with a capo...

Also, did you know that David Gilmour couldn't work out how to play the guitar riff from Turn? Fran Healy said 'It must be too simple...'

pommegrenade
05-20-2006, 08:51 PM
What I think puts Travis above all the other semi-acoustic indie Oldplay-alikes is that they don't take themselves seriously - they cover things like Hit Me Baby One More Time, they really rock out on stage, and one of the best bits of Live 8 was them breaking down into Stayin' Alive during Side. I mean, come on, would Coldplay have done that?

Plus their songs are mostly really easy to play, it's normally open chords with a capo...

Also, did you know that David Gilmour couldn't work out how to play the guitar riff from Turn? Fran Healy said 'It must be too simple...'

wha???u serious?
btw ahs anyone seen the video for sing?its hillarious

robbie
05-21-2006, 01:52 PM
I love Travis, had an obsession for them.

Travis broke my Buddy Holly obsession. Then other stuff broke the Travis obsession. Now I am a well-rounded functioning human being who can listen to more than one band/artist.

Wow.

pommegrenade
05-26-2006, 05:13 AM
is there anyone who could tab the Beautiful occupation solo?

Burpin'Worm
05-26-2006, 10:29 AM
^Have you tried tabbing it yourself?

pommegrenade
05-27-2006, 01:30 AM
i have and i failed to tab it myself thats why im asking others to tab it out. Cause many guitar sites havent got the tab for the solo...