Should we play it with the synth?

PDA

View Full Version : Should we play it with the synth?

TheLonleyGhost
04-13-2006, 12:44 AM
Hey guys. Need some advice. MY band's playing my school's battle of the bands at the end of the month. We want to play wont get fooled again by The Who. However, we were thinking of just playing the synth part in the very begining and end off of an mp3. Does this seem like too much of a copout to you? Do you think it will make us loose credibility?

wingedgopher
04-13-2006, 12:48 AM
i wouldnt do it but if you had to i guess you could

ZiggyZiggify
04-13-2006, 12:54 AM
I would definitely advise you not to do that. It would be really cheesy. The intro isn't that important to the song. You should be fine without it.

FadingRoots
04-13-2006, 12:55 AM
I'd just go with the MP3, unless you can find someone who can play the synth bit.

Ranger01
04-13-2006, 01:00 AM
Eh its not that important to the song, now if you were playing a Pink Floyd song on the other hand you'd need it. but for The Who's stuff, its not needed.

taxman27
04-13-2006, 01:27 PM
I would definitely advise you not to do that. It would be really cheesy. The intro isn't that important to the song. You should be fine without it.

I would have to disagree there. The intro is probably one of the most important parts of the song. You could try playing it wihout the intro but it just doesn't have the same feel. Though I wouldn't reccomend looping the intro because a. Most people would consider it copping out or whatever b. You have to be tighter as a band. The Who tried using lots of backing tapes during the Quadrophenia tour and it didn't work out for them. I would try and find someone to play it or not play the intro at all. Speaking of, does anyone know where I can find a piano version of that song?