Please Give Me an Answer!

PDA

View Full Version : Please Give Me an Answer!

smokeymacpot
04-13-2006, 11:49 AM
My apologies 4 the dramatic title but i would really apprieciate some good and informative answers to my question.

4 the last year or so i have really wanted 2 get in2 a certain type of jazz but due 2 a lack of examples and a title of the genre i have found it really difficult to do so.

i still dont have a definate title 4 it but i think it mite be smooth or cool jazz(but not nessacarily from the 50s and 60s as in i think more modern tracks are wat i am looking 4). the only decent example i can think of rite now is "Evidence" by Faith No More, which is a brilliant song, or maybe some Fun Loving Criminals tracks(or, ya know, just general tracks you can get laid 2!!)

hopefully some of you will get an idea of wat i am looking 4 and will be able 2 suggest some other artists who produce this style of music. i realise my descriptions are a little hazy but any suggestions would be greatly apprieciated.

Thanks,
Max

Derigiberble
04-13-2006, 02:10 PM
Jaco Pastorius? Weather Report? Beca Flec and the Flectones? Victor Wooten?

It always comes back to funky bassists.

FunkedUp
04-13-2006, 04:12 PM
Modern stuff - anything from the Brighton jazz-funk-soul scene off the Tru-Thoughts label - promise you'll like: Quantic, Quantic Soul Orchestra, Nostalgia 77, Alice Russell, Phi-Life Cypher, TM Juke

mr_chinnery
04-16-2006, 04:09 PM
George Benson