Help me prove my worth

PDA

View Full Version : Help me prove my worth

Punk Rocker
04-15-2006, 11:31 AM
Ive recently gotten into bass and I like and id like to play it in our band. We are just forming an only have a lead guitarist(my friend) and a rhytm guitarit(me) I take guitar lessons and WOULD NOT give em up for a number of reasons. Im naturaly getting bass and can already play some nice basslines and slap fairly well. What are some good basslines I could learn to show my friend that I can play bass, without lessons. Preferably from a Punk or CR band. I have two reasons for not putting this in the bass fourm: a)ive annoyed them enuf with my stupid noob questions and b) i wanna also have input from non-bass players on wat basslines they think are cool, seeing as my friend dosent play bass

EDIT: sry for any typos, i gotta type with one hand cuz i broke my wrist and every time i proofread there r more typos so its not worth it

coffeeguy9
04-15-2006, 11:54 AM
To prove yourself as a musician, you should learn how to comp out and improv your own basslines. Other than that, just learn some Primus or RHCP.

SilentDeftone
04-15-2006, 12:15 PM
*moved*

-SD :dance:

SomeEvilDude
04-15-2006, 01:29 PM
Pink Floyd's Money . Everyone knows it, and it's pretty damn groovy. Pretty easy, yes, but sounds awesome.

Dan Steinman
04-15-2006, 03:01 PM
if you can make up a bassline to a song on the spot, they'll be impressed. start with root notes of chords and go from there. add some rhythmic patterns too.

psychodelia
04-15-2006, 03:30 PM
if you can make up a bassline to a song on the spot, they'll be impressed. start with root notes of chords and go from there. add some rhythmic patterns too.

That's probably the best thing, if this is a band that wants to write their own material, they are probably most interested in whether you can come up with bass parts that fit their songs. As well as having good time, obviously.