Guitar

PDA

View Full Version : Guitar

Craigo
04-15-2006, 03:02 PM
I got a budget of 600 this autumn. I wanna get a new guitar. My idea was to get a Iceman and some gear. But - I'm open to any other suggestions.

I'm in a metalcore band and I also play BTBAM, Killswitch, Comeback Kid kinda stuff. Mathcore, hardcore and metalcore really.

Any suggestions?

PS; I decided to post here so I could get better answers and so others may use this too.

zeldar
04-15-2006, 03:36 PM
definately look into an RG or S series, also, the ESP eclipse is a good model to look into, just look at whatever you're favorite bands are playing and get an idea

PacoWang
04-15-2006, 04:31 PM
If you think you're going to get an Iceman and that's what you like, why are you even posting this? If you like that guitar, why do you even ask opinions on it? What matters is if you like it.

LedZeppelin
04-15-2006, 04:45 PM
^ Read his post. He's asking for other suggestions as well.

I just got a Schecter Damien 6, and it's great. Haven't found a single thing I don't like about it. The next model up, the C-1, seems in your budget range- at 600 bucks, haha. Schecters are great for metal guitars.

dmc_74_usa
04-15-2006, 04:54 PM
The best way to do it is to just go play on a bunch of different stuff. I initially wanted an ESP Eclispse when I was guitar shopping, and I ended up playing a Washburn Idol 64 and I fell in love with it. Some guitars that aren't really as popular may surprise you. They may be just what you need. But probably the more popular models for your style are the Ibanez RG and S series, Schecter S and C series, any ESP and Gibson SG's. But you should still play around.

PacoWang
04-15-2006, 05:01 PM

I just got a Schecter Damien 6, and it's great. Haven't found a single thing I don't like about it. The next model up, the C-1, seems in your budget range- at 600 bucks, haha. Schecters are great for metal guitars.

I did, but I'm just saying, asking people's opinions on guitars is dumb as hell. The only way is to play them yourself.

bloodstained
04-15-2006, 08:06 PM
what the f**k is a guitar?

Paint
04-15-2006, 08:35 PM
Omen 6's are nice and beefy sounding through a Crate

haha you should get a Rickenbaucker (sp?) my friend has one and its soo heavy, as in weight, and funny...

my other friend plays a Fender Jazzmaster and it sounds really good

_Clayman
04-15-2006, 09:12 PM
for the money, nothing beats a schecter for heavy music

Gomorrah
04-16-2006, 11:58 PM
I got a Schector C-1 plus and it's great.

hXcMacbeth3
04-17-2006, 12:09 AM
epiphone les paul with zakk wylde pickups...thats what i have and i love it

SGRocker0791
04-17-2006, 12:17 AM

+1. I've tried a Schecter while ago and they own! Haha, very good guitars IMO.

Craigo
04-17-2006, 04:29 PM

Pounds sterling.

Craigo
04-17-2006, 04:30 PM
I did, but I'm just saying, asking people's opinions on guitars is dumb as hell. The only way is to play them yourself.

I have the tiniest local music shop and all the others are ****ing miles away.

I wish I could bud. I judge on sound - people's opinions and what I play - if I can.

PacoWang
04-17-2006, 08:18 PM
Omen 6's are nice and beefy sounding through a Crate

haha you should get a Rickenbaucker (sp?) my friend has one and its soo heavy, as in weight, and funny...

my other friend plays a Fender Jazzmaster and it sounds really good

Through a Crate?

You know nothing about tone, do you?

bloodstained
04-17-2006, 08:45 PM
Through a Crate?

You know nothing about tone, do you?

eyyyyyyyyyyy man, for someone who doesn't have dollar bills exploding out of their asses Crate's are perfect for the budget guitar player. And no one can rightfully say that the Crate GT3500H doesn't give off a solid tone.