Radiohead

PDA

View Full Version : Radiohead

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Glen_Hansard
04-15-2006, 05:13 PM
WTFOMGBBQQUACK, no Radiohead thread :wtf:

Radiohead are just such an amazing band. I love the way every album is a slightly different Radiohead. Jonny is such a great musician(classically trained in Viola and can play over 20 instruments). I like it when he messes with his Onde Martenot http://67.18.37.17/2140/57/emo/smiley_randy.gif

I have all the albums (plus My Iron Lung, I Might Be Wrong and the 1991 Courtyard Demo Tape) and a few buckets of bootlegs and rarites. My favourite songs at the moment are Idioteque, Last Flowers Till The Hospital, Dollars and Cents, Just, Something To Hate, Electioneering and The Reckoner. Favourite album is Kid A(which is in my top 5 favourite albums ever)

I got tickets to their Marley Park gig too, booya.

So, what does everyone think of the almighty Radiohead?

stevo192
04-15-2006, 05:24 PM
i never was majorly keen on them, slightly on the bland and depressing side for me i'm afraid

TheGreatLSD
04-15-2006, 05:38 PM
Radiohead are just such an amazing band. I love the way every album is a slightly different Radiohead.

I have to agree with you on that. I have Ok Computer, Kid A, HTTT, and The Bends. Each one with its own sound. My favorite album is either Kid A or HTTT. Can't wait for the new album.

Monkeygone2hvn
04-15-2006, 07:18 PM
radiohead are my favorite band they are in my opinion one of the most creative and unique groups i've ever heard...

my favorite album from them is probably the bends, and my favorite songs are either lucky or no suprises...

cangura
04-15-2006, 08:51 PM
Great band. I love them because they are always experimenting with new stuff. Their music is quite depressing but it's what I call "good depressing". My favourite album is probably Hail To the Thief or OK Computer. Favourite songs: 2+2=5, No Surprises, There There, Karma Police, Paranoid Android, etc.

At the moment I'm having a bit of rest from Radiohead as I listened to them quite a lot. Hopefully when I start listening to them again in a while, they'll sound even better.

acoustic-fish
04-15-2006, 08:54 PM
agree with everything you said, threadstarter... radiohead are one awesome band.
i dont have tickets though...

faveroute album? ok computer
faveroute song? ideoteque

EDIT: new album soon!

starsnostars
04-15-2006, 09:25 PM
spent $200 to see them at bonnaroo

Night_Lights
04-15-2006, 09:35 PM
only have The Bends.... love it. absolutly love it.

the_astronaut
04-15-2006, 10:09 PM
My favourite song is Idioteque too.

Apparently I play guitar like Mr. Greenwood.

Good times.

busby_bass
04-15-2006, 10:13 PM
Got all there albums, and currently downloading there rarities.

How I made My millions rox my sox

The Glastonbury gig from 2004 pwns every other gig on earth period.

And Radiohead have always been Modern Rock in my opinion :peace:

starsnostars
04-15-2006, 10:53 PM

i think that depends on which side of the sea you're on

as for the rarities, make sure to grab talk show host

Godzilla1969
04-15-2006, 11:13 PM
Why didn't I think of starting a Radiohead thread? Phenomenal band. One of my top 3 favorites, actually.

KingBrendan5149
04-15-2006, 11:26 PM
when's there new album coming out?

Godzilla1969
04-16-2006, 12:24 AM
Dunno. I assume this fall.

starsnostars
04-16-2006, 12:43 AM
yeah, i think they're aiming for the fall, but thom has talked about not being on a contract and how that is affecting how long it takes. so it could be another year.

that is unless thom does what he's talked about in the past and puts it up on the internet, cutting out the need for finding a new label.

cangura
04-16-2006, 01:31 AM
spent $200 to see them at bonnaroo

Worth it?

Draken
04-16-2006, 02:20 AM
Mmmm Radiohead. I like OK Computer, Kid A and Amnesiac the best. ALso because of jonny i want an Ondes Martenottes(sp?).

busby_bass
04-16-2006, 02:52 AM
i think that depends on which side of the sea you're on

as for the rarities, make sure to grab talk show host

Got it, got it years ago, as for the rarities what do you guys tihnk of polythene parts 1 and 2 ??

:peace:

starsnostars
04-16-2006, 04:00 AM
Worth it?
hasn't happend yet, but i can tell you it'll be more than worth it. i would have paid the $200 for radiohead alone, and planned on it, but the line up is amazing:

radiohead
the streets
cat power
beck
sonic youth
stephen malkmus
clap your hands say yeah
devendra banhart
andrew bird

some more that i don't care for:
death cab for cutie
bright eyes
ben folds

and about 70 other bands

Got it, got it years ago, as for the rarities what do you guys tihnk of polythene parts 1 and 2 ??

gets old after a few listens, but a must have b-side.
try to get your hands on a good version of 'last flowers', a song thom did at the trade justice thing last year.

Glen_Hansard
04-16-2006, 06:32 AM
Got all there albums, and currently downloading there rarities.

How I made My millions rox my sox

The Glastonbury gig from 2004 pwns every other gig on earth period.

I've been meaning to get How I Made My Millions. My favourite rarity is definitely Last Flowers Till The Hospital, and favourite B-side is maybe Punchdrunk Lovesick Singalong or Talk Show Host.

Pablo Honey, The Bends and OK Computer fit in Modern Rock, but then Kid A, Amnesiac and Hail To The Theif throw them in Alt/Indie

And I do believe Glastonbury 1997 is the greatest concert ever. EVER. You can get it from here

http://www.radiohead-notforprofit.com/

And also, Last Flowers Till The Hospital
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8JSW9EU4

Tombe
04-16-2006, 07:08 AM
Easily my favourite band of all time. I'm currently loving the crazy stuff Ed does with effects and a Fernandes Sustainer live. Also, keep an eye out for the number of guitars that boy has on the forthcoming tour - he practically has one for every song now.

las7
04-17-2006, 05:06 PM
<3 Radiohead my favorite experimental band
Fav CD- OK Computer
Fav Song-so many its difficult but my gut says its a tie between KP and the Pyramid Song

Draken
04-17-2006, 05:20 PM
wow listening to the earls court 2004 gig, like spinning plates is so amazing.

Glen_Hansard
04-17-2006, 05:23 PM
^LSP at Earls Court is indeed awesomeo3000. That was the first live version of LPS I heard, and I was like "OMGWTFBBQQUACK PIANO lol!!!!".

I then tried to learn it.

And failed.

busby_bass
04-17-2006, 08:29 PM
I've been meaning to get How I Made My Millions. My favourite rarity is definitely Last Flowers Till The Hospital, and favourite B-side is maybe Punchdrunk Lovesick Singalong or Talk Show Host.

Pablo Honey, The Bends and OK Computer fit in Modern Rock, but then Kid A, Amnesiac and Hail To The Theif throw them in Alt/Indie

And I do believe Glastonbury 1997 is the greatest concert ever. EVER. You can get it from here

http://www.radiohead-notforprofit.com/

And also, Last Flowers Till The Hospital
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8JSW9EU4

I cant tell you how much I disagree about the Kid A etc being alt indie, but your still the Ug'er with the best taste in music, thanks for the love .

I give you a busby hug **

las7
04-18-2006, 02:23 AM
Its Experimental alternative/Techno/Rock/New Wave/Noice Lol

thembones16
04-18-2006, 02:38 AM
Whats the easiest radiohead cd to get into?

las7
04-18-2006, 02:41 AM
The Bends or OK Computer

y2james2005
04-18-2006, 01:43 PM
or pablo honey...thats not praised as much as it should be-its a really good album but doesnt compare to the bends or ok computer.
cant wait for there new album!
go on www.radiohead.co.uk and there pictures of them in the studio-also hear tom going on about stuff i usually cant understand :S
i wouldnt know radioheads genre because its all so different! but its all so good!

Draken
04-18-2006, 01:57 PM
Radiohead trancend Genre. They're musical Nivrana.

Glen_Hansard
04-18-2006, 02:33 PM
Nice little link
http://littlerowboat.net/piano/

Draken
04-18-2006, 05:11 PM
^I seriously want your babies.

Glen_Hansard
04-18-2006, 05:16 PM
Later, baby.

Here's another nice little linky, the gig Draken aka Lukey boy was talking about

http://www.ilostmyself.com/?page=view&type=concert&selected=earls27

The Bends is good from that. "Just lying in a bar with my drip feed on, anananannananananananaananananananaannananan to happen"

EDIT: Is that the one, Luke? You said 2004, this is 2003...

Tombe
04-18-2006, 05:35 PM
Later, baby.

Here's another nice little linky, the gig Draken aka Lukey boy was talking about

The Bends is good from that. "Just lying in a bar with my drip feed on, anananannananananananaananananananaannananan to happen"

I think the best bits are Thom's comedy accents.

"Before ze silence kills us, ve must move on!"

And the fact that they played Follow Me Around... And for anyone who's wondering what the hell Thom is doing at the start of the 'rain down' bit in Paranoid Android, apparently he snapped a string on the acoustic and started playing a solo instead of giving it to Plank to be repaired.

Glen_Hansard
04-18-2006, 05:48 PM
I think the best bits are Thom's comedy accents.

"Before ze silence kills us, ve must move on!"

And the fact that they played Follow Me Around... And for anyone who's wondering what the hell Thom is doing at the start of the 'rain down' bit in Paranoid Android, apparently he snapped a string on the acoustic and started playing a solo instead of giving it to Plank to be repaired.

Yeah, I love that bit. That reminds me of the Berlin 9/11 gig going into Everything In It's Right Place.

"I've heard about new Berliners NEW BERLINERS NEW BERLINERS. Thanks Jonny JONNY JONNY JONNNY."

Oh that Jonny and his Kaoss pad.

I'm listening to Paranoid Android now. :haha Woah that was a kickass solo.

oblique
04-18-2006, 08:05 PM
Later, baby.

You are awesome, great link. That is one long concert, 28 songs???

mattlock
04-18-2006, 09:55 PM
I like Radiohead quite a bit. My favorite album is OK Computer, and favorite songs are the Bends, Let Down, Fake Plastic Trees, and Lucky. But they're all great. :)

spunky_chooken
04-19-2006, 08:09 AM
I like em cause theyre doing something completely different but dont enjoy the music a great deal. A lot of it sounds similar and i think they go overboard with the effects sometimes. I love the bends to death though. And other songs. I also think the lyrics can be a bit vague. I mean its good at times but sometimes you wnat to listne to something you can understand. I strongly disagree with the critics saying muse is simply a copy of radiohead. utter bull**** imo

Glen_Hansard
04-19-2006, 08:48 AM
blahblahblahblah A lot of it sounds similar and i think they go overboard with the effects sometimes. blahblahblahTheBendsblahblah. I strongly disagree with the critics saying muse is simply a copy of radiohead. utter bull**** imo

I don't think they go overboard with effects, the effects are part of Radiohead.

I am a ****ing huge fan of Muse, and I do heard similarites. Matt's vocals at times sound like Thom's, and sometimes the structure of the songs are a bit alike, but I don't think they are a copy. Influenced, but [b]not[/b a ripoff.

mattlock
04-19-2006, 12:10 PM
I don't think they go overboard with effects, the effects are part of Radiohead.

I am a ****ing huge fan of Muse, and I do heard similarites. Matt's vocals at times sound like Thom's, and sometimes the structure of the songs are a bit alike, but I don't think they are a copy. Influenced, but [b]not[/b a ripoff.
I think this brings up another important point... There's so many bands that have been influenced by Radiohead. I think that they're gonna reach the status of U2 and be around for a few decades. It's already been almost a decade since OK Computer was released, and they're still getting new fans.

I think it's basically impossible to rip-off Radiohead. Jonny's style is just too amazing.

cliff_em_all
04-19-2006, 12:22 PM
I just bought OK computer and My iron lung, cost me 8 quid altogether from HMV, next im ater Kid a and pablo honey.

Glen_Hansard
04-19-2006, 12:29 PM
Nice price :). I do love the My Iron Lung EP.

I think this brings up another important point... There's so many bands that have been influenced by Radiohead. I think that they're gonna reach the status of U2 and be around for a few decades. It's already been almost a decade since OK Computer was released, and they're still getting new fans.

i luv radiohed dey rock.

You could be right there. They probably will become a U2...as long as LP7 isn't ****e. Let's hope not.

BTW, House of Cards is the biggest ripoff of REM ever(which just makes me love it more)

Draken
04-20-2006, 07:49 PM
http://www.ateaseweb.com/mb/index.php?showtopic=79687

Woohoo.

Floydian03
04-20-2006, 10:36 PM
yar, I picked up ok computer one day on a whim, then went out and got the bends the same week cuz I loved it so much. I felt like this was the band that I had been searching for. Listening to ok computer while driving through snowy woods at night= surreal.

DeeDeeismyHero
04-21-2006, 07:06 AM
Radiohead are so overrated. Never got anywhere near Blur.

Just like Coldplay, Arctic Monkeys and Greenday; in that bracket of overrated bands who really aren't very good.

Glen_Hansard
04-21-2006, 07:20 AM

Just like Coldplay, Arctic Monkeys and Greenday; in that bracket of overrated bands who really aren't very good.

:haha :haha :haha :haha

Why are you comparing them to Blur? They are completely different.

Draken
04-21-2006, 07:38 AM

Roflmao, How can you compare Radiohead and Blur they have completely different styles.

p.s. Blur have been crap ever since they lost Coxon.

DeeDeeismyHero
04-21-2006, 07:49 AM
p.s. Blur have been crap ever since they lost Coxon.

Well duh, even I acknowledge that.

All I was saying is that Radiohead can't really be compared to anyone cos they have an unusual sound, so you have to block them in a category they don't really belong to. One in which Blur are blatantly the best. I suppose the only other band with a similar experimental side is The Beta Band, and they also trump Radiohead.

Glen_Hansard
04-21-2006, 08:04 AM
Well duh, even I acknowledge that.

All I was saying is that Radiohead can't really be compared to anyone cos they have an unusual sound, so you have to block them in a category they don't really belong to. One in which Blur are blatantly the best. I suppose the only other band with a similar experimental side is The Beta Band, and they also trump Radiohead.

Eh, Blur is Brit Pop. Radiohead is a whole experimently rocky sort of thang. Musically and creatively, Blur get pwned to a sausage by Radiohead. And eh The Beta Band...

... ok, what Radiohead songs have you heard?

Draken
04-21-2006, 08:16 AM
I think he's never listened to Kid A. :o.

tezhall
04-21-2006, 01:39 PM
They're headlining V....all the rest is just window dressing :golfclap:

j0nmcc
04-21-2006, 01:54 PM
One thing I love about Radiohead these days, you can pick up most of their back catolouge in HMV for quite cheap :)

Glen_Hansard
04-21-2006, 02:12 PM
^By back catalogue do you mean My Iron Lung and Com Lag etc.?

They're headlining V....all the rest is just window dressing :golfclap:

I would love to see them at V. :(

Draken aka Luke, will you bring me to V?

I just finished downloading the 24 Disc version of Towering Above The Rest :headbang:

timi_hendrix
04-21-2006, 02:42 PM
i never was majorly keen on them, slightly on the bland and depressing side for me i'm afraid

I concur.

j0nmcc
04-21-2006, 02:59 PM
One thing I love about Radiohead these days, you can pick up most of their back catolouge in HMV for quite cheap :)

no,

like all of themm

serious

i got anmensiac today for 4.99

and ive bought my iron lung, okay comp, kid and all that for no more than £6 there.

Draken
04-21-2006, 03:34 PM
My English Teacher has the Karma Police EP/Ok Computer Combo. I want it but it's out of stock everywhere i look.

Glen_Hansard
04-21-2006, 04:43 PM
My English Teacher has the Karma Police EP/Ok Computer Combo. I want it but it's out of stock everywhere i look.

Say that if he doesn't give it to you, next time you're in a room with him alone you'll run out screaming "RAPE!!"

uncle_jimmy
04-21-2006, 05:38 PM
Whenever I listen to Talk Show Host, I always picture the person talking as Conan O'Brien...behind a desk with a gun and a pack of sandwiches. It's a fun thought.

Oh, and I love radiohead. Third favorite band.

Lukeisonfire
04-21-2006, 08:08 PM
Creep is an amazing song but i dont like the rest of their stuff.

starsnostars
04-22-2006, 01:32 AM
and that is why you are '1# member of R.I.P layne stanley club'

Draken
04-22-2006, 02:42 AM

Creep is Radioheads attempt at mediocraty.

pumpkins_rule
04-22-2006, 12:15 PM

U phail. Im not even gunna dignify dat wit propper spellin.

YAY_FOR_PIE
04-22-2006, 04:21 PM
I have OK Computer and The Bends, and they're two of my favorite CDs. :cheers:

Go play in traffic.

Glen_Hansard
04-22-2006, 04:27 PM

I listened to it today(I'm slowly working my way through Towering Above The Rest), now one of my favourite Radiohead songs.

I love the...em..."song" Electric Cars.

We want electric cars.
We want electric cars.
We don't want no diesel **** no more.
We don't want no petrol **** no more.
Who the **** do you think you're kidding.
Et cetera

busby_bass
04-22-2006, 05:18 PM
I listened to it today(I'm slowly working my way through Towering Above The Rest), now one of my favourite Radiohead songs.

I love the...em..."song" Electric Cars.

We want electric cars.
We want electric cars.
We don't want no diesel **** no more.
We don't want no petrol **** no more.
Who the **** do you think you're kidding.
Et cetera

I cantget a few of the Cd's to work, can you download number 4?

Glen_Hansard
04-22-2006, 05:21 PM
I cantget a few of the Cd's to work, can you download number 4?

They all worked for me. Does it say "Download Limit Reached"?

busby_bass
04-22-2006, 05:24 PM

Incase you havent noticed Creep is hated in radiohead fan circles as its nearly "ruined them" , the song my iron lung is about the song Creep.

If you like Creep you'll like The Bends.

They all worked for me. Does it say "Download Limit Reached"?

Doesn't matter, it wasnt working two days ago but its working now, **** load of songs man, shame its going so ****ing slow.

Glen_Hansard
04-22-2006, 05:32 PM
Doesn't matter, it wasnt working two days ago but its working now, **** load of songs man, shame its going so ****ing slow.

Yeah, there's too many songs to listen to :cry:

Oh, and all the discs called "Remixes" are not Radiohead, just DJs. :mad:

Tombe
04-22-2006, 06:40 PM
Polyethylene has been one of my favourite Radiohead songs since I heard it, the lyrics are ace.

busby_bass
04-22-2006, 08:57 PM
Yeah, there's too many songs to listen to :cry:

Oh, and all the discs called "Remixes" are not Radiohead, just DJs. :mad:

Ach, Better than nout, some of the live things are really awfull quality.

Anybody a fan of Yorke's collabaration with U.N.K.L.E ???

oblique
04-22-2006, 09:53 PM
Polyethelyne is a great song, classic OK Computer era Radiohead. I found a video of them playing Pearly live on youtube a while back, it was a great version and had some pretty ripping solos by Jonny. If they play Pearly at shows this tour I'll be very happy, don't see that happening though.

starsnostars
04-22-2006, 10:53 PM
glen, isn't the towering above stuff just b-sides and acoustic stuff from radio shows?
i remember seeing the stuff sometime back and thinking i had most of it already.

Draken
04-23-2006, 04:23 AM
And Rare Lives, Unreleased studio recording, On A Friday Demos, Alternative and original versions of songs.

Glen_Hansard
04-23-2006, 11:51 AM
glen, isn't the towering above stuff just b-sides and acoustic stuff from radio shows?
i remember seeing the stuff sometime back and thinking i had most of it already.

This is what is on it

CD1

01. Prove Yourself (Demo)
02. Stupid Car (Demo)
03. You (Demo)
04. Thinking About You (Demo)
05. Inside My Head
06. Million Dollar Question
07. Faithless The Wonder Boy
08. Coke Babies
09. Pop Is Dead
10. Yes I Am
11. The Trickster
12. Punchdrunk Lovesick Singalong
13. Lozenge Of Love
14. Lewis (Mistreated)
15. Permanent Daylight
16. You Never Wash Up After Yourself
17. Maquiladora
18. Killer Cars
19. India Rubber
20. How Can You Be Sure
21. Talk Show Host
22. Bishop's Robes
23. Banana Co. (Full Band Version)
24. Molasses

CD2

01. Polyethylene (Parts 1 & 2)
02. Pearly*
03. A Reminder
04. Melatonin
05. Meeting in the Aisle
06. Lull
07. Palo Alto
08. How I Made My Millions
09. Fast Track
10. The Amazing Sounds of Orgy
11. Trans-Atlantic Drawl
12. Kinetic
13. Cuttooth
14. Life In A Glasshouse (Full Length Version)
15. Worrywort
16. Fog
17. Paperbag Writer
18. Where Bluebirds Fly

CD3

01. Fake Plastic Trees (Tibetan Freedom Concert)
02. Street Spirit [Fade Out] (Just Passin' Thru)
03. Just ('94 Evening Session)
04. Paranoid Android (Glastonbury '97)
05. Climbing Up the Walls ('97 Evening Session)
06. No Surprises (New York)
07. Optimistic (Dublin)
08. The Bends (Jools Holland)
09. Inside My Head (The Metro)
10. Fake Plastic Trees (Eve's Club Acoustic)
11. Bullet Proof..I Wish I Was (Eve's Club Acoustic)
12. Street Spirit[fade out] (Eve's Club Acoustic)
13. My Iron Lung (The Forum)
14. Banana Co. (The Metro)
15. Permanant Daylight
16. Lucky (Soundcheck)
17. Fake Plastic Trees (MTV)
18. Paranoid Android (Instrumental)

CD4

01. Bones (The Forum)
02. Planet Telex (The Forum)
03. Anyone Can Play Guitar (The Forum)
04. Creep (Town & Country Club)
05. Ripcord (Town & Country Club)
06. Just (The Forum)
07. Airbag (Berlin)
08. Lucky (Florence)
09. Fake Plastic Trees (KROQ Acoustic Xmas)
10. Street Spirit [Fade Out] (BBC Radio 1FM)
11. Dollars and Cents (Dublin)
12. The National Anthem (Dublin)
13. Idioteque (Dublin)
14. Just (Glastonbury '94)
15. Fake Plastic Trees (2 Meter Session)
16. Anyone Can Play Guitar (2 Meter Session)
17. Bones (2 Meter Session)
18. Street Spirit [Fade Out] (2 Meter Session)
19. My Iron Lung (2 Meter Session)

CD5

01. Creep (Melkweg)
02. My Iron Lung (Melkweg)
03. Stop Whispering (Melkweg)
04. Punchdrunk Lovesick Singalong (Melkweg)
05. Fake Plastic Trees (Rock City)
06. Blow Out (Rock City)
07. Bones (Rock City)
08. [Nice Dream] (Rock City)
09. High And Dry (Rock City)
10. You (Rock City)
11. My Iron Lung (Rock City)
12. Creep (The Astoria)
13. My Iron Lung (The Astoria)
14. Just (The Astoria)
15. Maquilardora (The Astoria)
16. The Bends (Black Session)
17. Prove Yourself (Black Session)
18. Creep (Black Session)

CD6

01. National Anthem
02. I Might Be Wrong
03. Morning Bell
04. Like Spinning Plates
05. Idioteque
06. Everything In Its Right Place
07. Dollars And Cents
08. True Love Waits
09. Banana Co (Acoustic - Signal Radio)
10. Killer Cars (The Metro)
11. Vegetable (The Metro)
12. You (The Metro)
13. Creep (KROQ Acoustic)
14. Nothing Touches Me ('92 Evening Session)
15. Everything In Its Right Place ('00 Evening Session)
16. National Anthem ('00 Evening Session)
17. How To Disappear Completely ('00 Evening Session)
18. Idioteque ('00 Evening Session)

CD7

01. Keep Strong
02. Somebody Else
03. I Want To Know
04. I'm Coming Up
05. Jerusalem
06. What Is It That You Say
07. Something To Hate
08. I Can't
09. Without You
10. Give It Up
11. How Can You Be Sure
12. Everybody Lies Through Their Teeth
13. Rattlesnake In The Big City
14. The New Generation
15. What Is It That You Say (Version 2)
16. Stop Whispering
17. Give It Up (Version 2)
18. I Can't (Version 2)
19. Nothing Touches Me
20. Phillipa Chicken
21. Thinking About You
22. You

CD8

01. An Airbag Saved My Life (Early)
02. Paranoid Android (Early)
03. Subterranean Homesick Alien (KCRW Session)
04. Exit Music (For a Film) (Early)
05. Karma Police (Early)
06. Electioneering (Early)
07. Climbing Up The Walls (Early)
08. No Surprises Please (Early)
09. Lucky (Early)
10. How To Disappear Completely And Never Be Found (Early)
11. Motion Picture Soundtrack (Early)
12. Life In A Glass House (Early)
13. True Love Waits (Early)
14. Let Down (Early)
15. High and Dry (Early)
16. Just (Early)
17. Fake Plastic Trees (Early)

CD9

01. Lift
02. Follow Me Around
03. Big Boots (aka Man o' War)
04. I Promise
05. I Am A Wicked Child
06. Reckoner
07. Nude (aka Big Ideas)
08. Wolf At The Door
09. Scatterbrain
10. I Will
11. Sail To The Moon
12. Myxomatosis
13. Up On The Ladder
14. Punch Up At A Wedding
15. We Suck Young Blood
16. Go To Sleep
17. Sit Down Stand Up
18. 2+2=5
19. There There
20. Where I End And You Begin

CD10

01. Cowboy Song (w/Blur)
02. After The Gold Rush (Neil Young)
03. Shot By Both Sides (Magazine)
04. Union City Blues (Blondie)
05. Nobody Does It Better (Carly Simon)
06. Cinnamon Girl (Neil Young)
07. Rhinestone Cowboy (Glen Campbell)
08. Be Mine (R.E.M.)
09. It's The End Of The World As We Know It (R.E.M.)
10. Sing A Song For You (Tim Buckley)
11. If You Tolerate This (Manic Street Preachers)
12. I'll Wear It Proudly (Elvis Costello)
13. The Thief (Can)
14. I'm Set Free (Velvet Underground w/Beck)
15. Wonderwall (Oasis)
16. Wish Your We're Here (Pink Floyd w/Sparklehorse)
17. Rabbit In Your Headlights (w/UNKLE)
18. I've Seen It All (w/Bjork)
19. Winter Wonderland (Felix Bernard/Dick Smith)
20. Where Will You Be This Christmas (w/The Spunkle All-Stars)

CD11

01. El Presidente (w/Drugstore)
02. One Line (w/PJ Harvey)
03. Beautiful Feeling (w/PJ Harvey)
04. This Mess We're In (w/PJ Harvey)
05. I Don't Want To Go To Woodstock (w/Headless Chickens)
06. E-Bow The Letter (w/Michael Stipe)
07. Untogether (w/Belly)
08. In Limbo (w/Clinic)
09. Lucky (w/Michael Stipe)
10. In Limbo (w/Nigel Godrich)
11. Blowout (w/The Posies)
12. Leave (Michael Stipe)
13. Fake Plastic Trees (Alanis Morissette)
14. Creep (Friendly)
15. Let Down (Edit)
16. Just (Edit)
17. Fake Plastic Trees (Edit)
18. Idioteque (Edit)
19. I Might Be Wrong (Edit)
10. There There (Edit)

CD12

01. Knives Out
02. There There
03. Jonny's Techno
04. Ed's Scary Song
05. Wicked Child
06. The Gloaming (Early Extended)
07. I Froze Up
08. Good Morning Mr Magpie
09. E2-E4 (Manuel Gottsching)
10. 5ths Reversed
11. Chenobyl 2
12. Duped 94BPM
13. Broken Bass Bin
14. 33.3 Recurring
15. Try To Save Your Prize
16. Skatterwave
17. I Am Citizen Insane
18. Fog (Again)
19. Gagging Order
20. I Am A Wicked Child
21. I Will (LA Version)
22. There There (Demo)
23. Where I End And You Begin (Demo)

CD13

01. The Bends (Demo)
02. [Nice Dream] (Demo)
03. Alligators In The NY Sewers (Early)
04. Egyptian Song (Early)
05. Everything In Its Right Place (Early)
06. Optimistic (Early)
07. Morning Bell (Early)
08. You And Whose Army (Early)
09. Paranoid Android (Extended Keyboard)
10. In Limbo (Early)
11. I Might Be Wrong (Early)
12. Kid A (Early)
13. I Will (Extended Reversed)
14. Go To Sleep (Early)
15. Punch Up At A Wedding (Early)
16. I Will (early)
17. Creep (Accapella)

CD14

01. Climbing Up The Walls (Fila Brazillia)
02. Climbing Up The Walls (Fila Brazillia 2)
03. Climbing Up The Walls (Zero 7)
04. Killer Cars (Mogadan)
05. Stop Whispering (US Version)
06. Pearly (Running From Demons)
07. Idioteque (Paul Oakenfeld)
08. Treefingers (Extended)
09. Idioteque (Dave Clarke)
10. Blow Out (Phil Vinall Remix)
11. Stupid Car (Tinnitus)
12. Everything In It's Right Place (Dino Lenny)
13. Kid A (Funkstorung)
14. Remyxomatosis (Christian Vogel)
15. Skttrbrain (Four Tet)

CD15

01. Interlude (Megamix)
02. Kid A (Megamix)
03. Everything In It's Right Place (James Lavelle)
04. Packt Like Sardines In A Crushd Tin Box (Slynus)
05. Idioteque (Glitzy Kitten)
06. Everything In It's Right Place (Josh Wink)
07. Idioteque (Blow Up At The Air)
08. Everything In It's Right Place (Head Of The House)
09. Like Spinning Plates (Reversed)
10. Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors/Like Spinning Plates (Johnny Hardstaff)
11. Rabbit In Your Headlights (Underdog)
12. Rabbit In Your Headlights (3D Reverse Light)
13. Rabbit In Your Headlights (Suburban Hell)

CD16

01. Introduction To Romeo
02. Mantua
03. 2HB (Venus In Furs)
04. Ladytron (Venus In Furs)
05. Bitter-Sweet (Venus In Furs)
06. Tumbling Down (Venus In Furs)
07. Babys On Fire (Venus In Furs)
08. Talk Show Host (Nellee Hooper)
09. Talk Show Host (Black Dog)
10. Planet Telex (Hexidecimal Dub)
11. Planet Telex (Hexidecimal Mix aka Osbourne Mix)
12. Planet Telex (L.F.O. JD Mix)
13. Planet Telex (Trashed Mix)
14. Planet Telex (Karma Sunra Mix aka Mo-Wax Mix)
15. Planet Telex (Depthcharge Mix)

CD17

01. Kid A Theory
02. Theory Songs v2
03. How To Disappear Theory
04. Packt Everything
05. National Pulk
06. Likecitenik v2
07. Everything In Its Right Place (Velvet Teen Remix)
08. Like Spinning Plates (Bentsonic Remix)
09. Hunting Bears (Aplastic Remix)
10. You And Whose Army (Fnord Remix)
11. Everything In Its Right Place (Rollmottle Remix)
12. Paranoid Android (B2 Remix)
13. Kid A (Kid Koala Remix)

Glen_Hansard
04-23-2006, 11:53 AM
CD18

01. Paranoid Android
02. Climbing Up The Walls
03. Exit Music
04. Talk Show Host
05. Big Boots (aka Man o' War)
06. Let Down (Mono Mix)
07. Instrumental (Pre- Kid A)
08. Big Ideas
09. Big Boots (aka Man o' War)
10. I Promise
11. Lift
12. Big Ideas (Acoustic)
13. True Love Waits
14. Lift (Version 2)
15. Big Ideas (aka Nude) (Version 2)
16. True Love Waits (Version 2)

CD19

01. Pyramid Song (Trance Mix)
02. Pyramid Song (Trance Extended Mix)
03. Street Spirit (Jarnum Trance Mix)
04. In Limbo (Living In A Fantasy Remix)
05. Karma Police (Gospel Remix)
06. Karma Police (Reincarnation Mix)
07. Karma Police (T. Remix)
08. Idioteque (Lapetus Remix)
09. Idioteque (I Want You To Know Remix)
10. 05. Idioteque (General Musician Remix)
11. Idioteque Anthem
12. Exit Music (Romeo And Juliet Mix)
13. Exit Music (Obtuse Mix)
14. Talk Show Host (Drum N Bass Mix)

CD20

01. Creep (Aoiwe Remix)
02. How I Made My Millions (Indie Remix)
03. I Might Be Wrong (Ice Age Remix)
04. Hunting Bears (Graemlin Remix)
05. Everything In Its Right Place (Sasha And Digweed White Label Remix)
06. Everything In Its Right Place (Jan Hinke Remix)
07. Everything In Its Right Place (Hybrid Remix)
08. Everything In Its Right Place (Combo Remix)
09. Packt Like Sardines In A Crushd Tin Box (Combo Remix)
10. Take Show Host (Combo Remix)
11. Street Spirit (Combo Remix)
12. Pyramid Song (Combo Remix)
13. Climbing Up The Walls (Combo Remix)

CD21

01. On The Beach (Neil Young)
02. Down By The River (Neil Young)
03. It's The End Of The World As We Know It (w/Michael Stipe)
04. Karma Police (w/Michael Stipe)
05. Nothing Touches Me
06. I Can't
07. Prove Yourself
08. Creep
09. Anyone Can Play Guitar
10. Stop Whispening
11. High & Dry
12. Fake Plastic Tree
13. Street Spirit
14. You
15. Planet Telex
16. Creep

CD22

01. Instrumental 1
02. Instrumental 2
03. Instrumental 3
04. I Will
05. How To Disappear Completely
06. 5ths Reversed
07. Split Sides
08. A Punch Up At A Wedding (Edit)
09. Idioteque
10. Paranoid Android
11. Sulk (Early)
12. The Trickster (Early)
13. Permanent Daylight (Instrumental)
14. Karma Police
15. Bones
16. Paranoid Android
17. Permanent Daylight (Early)
18. How Can You Be Sure (Early)
19. Bulletproof..I Wish I Was (Early)

CD23

01. Genchildren
02. 33.33333
03. We Suck Young Blood (Thom Yorke Mix)
04. Smear (Jonny Greenwood)
05. Duty Lux (Jonny Greenwood)
06. Nudnik Headache (Splitting Mix) (Jonny Greenwood)
07. Untitled (Jonny Greenwood)
08. Split Sides
09. Friendly Fire
10. I Get Louder
11. Skkatterwave Extended
12. I'll Eat You Alive
13. Momentum
14. Nasty People

CD24

01. National Anthem
02. Go To Sleep (Zoo DJs Mix)
03. Sail To The Moon (The Heaven & Earth Division Remix)
04. Electric Cars
05. Myxomatosis
06. Say The Word (aka C Minor Song)
07. Street Spirit (DJ Tiesto Remix)
08. The Gloaming (DJ Shadow Remix

starsnostars
04-23-2006, 01:19 PM
thanks a ton. i do have most of that. do you know which version of big boots that is?

i'm sad to see that their cover of rhinestone cowboy from the black sessions isn't on there (well, not that i see). track that down if you can, it's pretty funny.

Glen_Hansard
04-23-2006, 01:52 PM
One of the versions of Big Boots is where Thom's vocals are really loud compared to everything else(the vocals that are used in the fan remix), and the other is good quality but kinda echoy, it's 4:06.

I've been meaning to get The Black Sessions...

Lukeisonfire
04-23-2006, 01:54 PM
I have OK Computer and The Bends, and they're two of my favorite CDs. :cheers:

Go play in traffic.

i just said i didnt like the rest of their stuff got it? I bet they are an amazing band i just cant get into them.

Glen_Hansard
04-23-2006, 05:11 PM
i just said i didnt like the rest of their stuff got it? I bet they are an amazing band i just cant get into them.

Odd. You like Muse. Generally people who like Muse like Radiohead.

Xplicit
04-23-2006, 05:18 PM
i like them !!

Lukeisonfire
04-23-2006, 05:57 PM
Odd. You like Muse. Generally people who like Muse like Radiohead.

I know I know... very weird but you know i might check out the bends because of you.

thembones16
04-23-2006, 06:06 PM
and that is why you are '1# member of R.I.P layne stanley club'

What in FU'CKS name is that supposed to mean?

starsnostars
04-23-2006, 07:37 PM
you'll figure it out in a few years.

or for your sake, i hope so :(

oblique
04-23-2006, 07:54 PM
What in FU'CKS name is that supposed to mean?

It means that you like Creep cause it's the grungiest Radiohead song, which goes with the whole AIC thing.

He wasn't insulting Layne, chill out. :p:

And Luke, the Bends is awesome and has some of Radiohead's more rocking stuff, so that's a good place to start.

Tombe
04-24-2006, 09:41 AM
http://www.jonhopkins.co.uk/special/Radiohead.MP3

It made me laugh, anyway

Draken
04-24-2006, 10:11 AM
Does anyone like the Electro-Jazz cover of Just. I think it's pretty sweet.

Glen_Hansard
04-24-2006, 12:13 PM
I know I know... very weird but you know i might check out the bends because of you.

Do it. Now. Quickly. Whore.

http://www.jonhopkins.co.uk/special/Radiohead.MP3

It made me laugh, anyway

That was awesome. I'm not sure what is it, but it rules.

Does anyone like the Electro-Jazz cover of Just. I think it's pretty sweet.

I keep on meaning to look it up...

Amy_Lee
04-24-2006, 02:14 PM
They sound so much like Muse. It's just the frontman's vox. Mum was playing "OK Computer" one day and I came downstairs and said "Is that Muse" and she went "No, Radiohead"

:D

Glen_Hansard
04-24-2006, 02:17 PM
They sound so much like Muse. It's just the frontman's vox. Mum was playing "OK Computer" one day and I came downstairs and said "Is that Muse" and she went "No, Radiohead"

:D

No, Muse sound like Radiohead.

EDIT: What I'm saying is, I thought that you were implying that Radiohead sound like Muse as in Radiohead are influnced by Muse, I was saying it's vice versa.

The End

Amy_Lee
04-24-2006, 02:21 PM

Radiohead came BEFORE Muse. Anyway, I am not spamming this thread, so yeah...Radiohead...haven't heard much from them except for OK Computer.

Glen_Hansard
04-24-2006, 02:24 PM
Radiohead came BEFORE Muse.

That what I just said, it sounded like you were saying Radiohead were influenced by Muse. And I think that after getting every Radiohead and Muse song I would know that :p:

Amy_Lee
04-24-2006, 02:26 PM
^^Mmm, kay then.

Abe
04-25-2006, 07:06 AM
Radiohead are frickin ace, but 18 CD's worth? No thanks, I really don't have that much time, I'll listen to the studio releases I have and the handful of excellent b-sides.

I also have the 2003/4 Glasto set which I enjoy watching every now and then.

heroin_to_tell
04-25-2006, 11:02 AM
best album in the history of music : OK Computer
best song in the past 10 years : Idoiteque

divid3d
04-25-2006, 12:05 PM
best song in the past 10 years : Idoiteque

have you seen this?
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6052128975350603368&q=idioteque&pl=true

pretty awesome, imo.

unluCKY...

Draken
04-25-2006, 01:31 PM
Current my favourite radiohead song lucky.

quinny1089
04-25-2006, 01:39 PM
i got the bends about 2 weeks ago...tis ****ing awesome

i love Just, its just so awesome....my favourite song atm

starsnostars
04-25-2006, 04:04 PM
best album in the history of music : OK Computer

if you break it down, song for song, it's not that great

really good, but not the best. not even their best.

Draken
04-25-2006, 04:24 PM
It is great but i agree it's not thier best that belongs to Kid A and Amnesiac together.

Glen_Hansard
04-25-2006, 05:07 PM
It is great but i agree it's not thier best that belongs to Kid A and Amnesiac together.

IMO Kid A is better then Amnesiac.

And quiet who ever says "OMg they are the same thing lolllollol". If you listen to Kid A, there's something traumatic going on, there isn't on Amnesiac.

«ÃFireÏnside»
04-25-2006, 09:40 PM
i got the bends about 2 weeks ago...tis ****ing awesome

i love Just, its just so awesome....my favourite song atm

About the same time I got it, though I love Fake Plastic Trees at the moment.

thembones16
04-25-2006, 09:47 PM
I like Tool,NIN,AIC,APC,and smashing pumpkins would like them?

busby_bass
04-25-2006, 10:08 PM
IMO Kid A is better then Amnesiac.

And quiet who ever says "OMg they are the same thing lolllollol". If you listen to Kid A, there's something traumatic going on, there isn't on Amnesiac.

Kid A is also very fluent, in that each song flows into the other, Amnesiac doesn't have that .

Amnesiac is like a after look at Kid A, Kid A's like a f/cking armageddon, whilst Amnesiac's more introspective, more personal and more clunky.

I think Kid A is the better album overall, but songs like Pyramid Song and Life In A Glass House are worth the price of entry on there own.

starsnostars
04-26-2006, 12:32 AM
^ i could never get into pyramid song; never understood why it was a single.
as for me, 'i might be wrong' and 'like spinning plates' is the only things that redeems amnesiac.

and yeah, amnesiac is just kid a leftovers

Draken
04-26-2006, 02:52 AM
as for me, 'i might be wrong' and 'like spinning plates' is the only things that redeems amnesiac.

:no:

starsnostars
04-26-2006, 04:21 AM
i was waiting for that.

and i stand by what i said. well, except for the bad grammar that i just noticed.

Draken
04-26-2006, 08:57 AM
I agree it was leftovers but its the kind of left overs that make quite a good meal.

Johnljones7443
04-26-2006, 09:54 AM

:haha

I :heart: Radiohead, but I :heart: Muse just that little bit more.

Just is probably my favourite Radiohead song, I've only got the album OK Computer, though.

Plus, I think these days neither band sound alike.

AWA
04-26-2006, 10:41 AM
Aye, I love radiohead. Favorite albums gotta be Kid A.

Glen_Hansard
04-26-2006, 02:29 PM
:haha

What? :(

I think I worded that post wrong. *EDITS*

Tombe
04-26-2006, 02:44 PM
Anyone seen today's photos on Dead Air Space?

http://www.radiohead.com/deadairspace/images/jonnybow.jpg

:eek: Jonny's playing a different guitar! And a banjo...

http://www.radiohead.com/deadairspace/images/jonnybanjo.jpg

Glen_Hansard
04-26-2006, 04:14 PM
More new pictures!?!?!??! Coolio.

Banjo. Interesting.
Les Paul. Even more interesting, but I think he might be doing his Pixies impression(during Vamos, their guitarist Joe Santiago messes with is Les Paul with a drum stick).

Is that duck tape on his Tele or...

... a built in Kaoss Pad :o

[quote]New Manson guitar, rumoured to be used by Matthew Bellamy from Muse.[/size]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi43-OE-YLc&search=Manson%20Guitar

I'm guessing duck tape...

starsnostars
04-27-2006, 12:56 AM
More new pictures!?!?!??! Coolio.

Banjo. Interesting.
Les Paul. Even more interesting, but I think he might be doing his Pixies impression(during Vamos, their guitarist Joe Santiago messes with is Les Paul with a drum stick).

it's a bow, or i'm guessing since the name of the picture is 'jonnybow'.

and a les paul with a bow...hmm

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/vonbrigdum/d2d96c93.jpg

Glen_Hansard
04-27-2006, 02:29 PM
it's a bow, or i'm guessing since the name of the picture is 'jonnybow'.

and a les paul with a bow...hmm

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/vonbrigdum/d2d96c93.jpg

I was just about to say Sigur Rós :D

Draken
04-27-2006, 02:32 PM
mmm Banjo.

Glen_Hansard
04-27-2006, 03:30 PM
Palo Alto is such a cool song. Radiohead have such coolio B-sides.

starsnostars
04-27-2006, 04:45 PM
i like palo alto live, but the studio version is just too dull

y2james2005
04-27-2006, 05:12 PM
is there anything jonny cant do?!

AWA
04-27-2006, 11:38 PM
is there anything jonny cant do?!

Yes. One thing he cant do is dissapoint me. Its, like, impossible.

Draken
04-28-2006, 06:06 AM
He can play
Drums -There There/Idioteque(it's a drum synth)
Guitar - most songs
Banjo - i'm sure he does somewhere
Viola
Ondes Martennote - National Anthem/ Arpeggi
Piano - Acousic No Surprises he pianos, THom sings and Guitars
Harmonica
Organ
Xylo
Synths

He's Modest and a Tom Morrello fan as well.

He is considered one of the finest modern musicians of his time "breaking the boundaries" of music, however he feels differently - "Many people view me as this extremely talented musician, one guy said I 'bend the walls of music as it is known'. I have to say I don't agree with them, there are other guitarists who I look up to, who I believe have undeniably more versatility than I do. I have a large effects board which is very useful and can be utilised in various combinations but when there are people like Tom Morello out there creating similar stuff with about four pedals it's almost impossible to even put us in the same league...I believe."

Tombe
04-28-2006, 12:05 PM
Don't forget the recorder and that little leather maraca he used to play on Wicked Child. And the radio.

Glen_Hansard
04-28-2006, 02:54 PM
i like palo alto live, but the studio version is just too dull

As far as I know it was never played live.

The band have never worked out how to play it live properly

Draken
04-29-2006, 08:20 AM
I got Itch today and the Radio Heads remix album Exit Music it's actually really good.

Glen_Hansard
04-29-2006, 01:16 PM
*checks* Ah yes, Itch. Faithless, the Wonder Boy is a disappointing song. I was expecting something akin to Wonderboy by Tenacious D.

I want to hear Exit Music :cry:

starsnostars
04-29-2006, 04:20 PM
As far as I know it was never played live.
maybe i'm thinking about pearly

Draken
04-30-2006, 04:42 AM
You probably are, although i heard the itch version of Killer Cars live today and it was quite good and Nicky why would Radiohead do a song like Tenacious D i'm sorry but you lose all of your frequent flyer miles now.

Glen_Hansard
04-30-2006, 06:01 AM
Nicky why would Radiohead do a song like Tenacious D i'm sorry but you lose all of your frequent flyer miles now.

I live in hope :(

Draken
04-30-2006, 10:06 AM
I live in hope :(

It's hope that's hopeless.

Fiddelers elbow
04-30-2006, 11:51 AM
Although its probably been said before in my opinion radiohead are on of the if not the best band on the planet.........................try a band called interpol to there excelent aswell...........

Draken
04-30-2006, 12:13 PM
Although its probably been said before in my opinion radiohead are on of the if not the best band on the planet.........................try a band called interpol to there excelent aswell...........

:cheers:

Katfury
04-30-2006, 06:37 PM
I have to say that Radiohead are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

leaping badger
05-01-2006, 05:14 AM
I recentley bought OK Computer following a reccomendation fro ma friend, great album, some songs bore me though.

Glen_Hansard
05-01-2006, 02:31 PM
I just realised something today listening to REM Greatest Hits(1991). A lot of Radiohead fans hate Muse because they say they are a "rip off" of Radiohead. They usually say this about Muse's first album, Showbiz. Well, Radiohead(in their On a Friday days) were a rip off of REM

Check mate, lol pwned, etc. etc.

Anyway, The Bends has the most perfect track order ever... almost. There needs to be something between Sulk and Street Spirit.

oblique
05-01-2006, 02:48 PM
Possible tour info? Maybe? Yes? (http://www.mortigitempo.com/too_bored/showthread.php?t=33157)

It's posted on a radiohead forum, and I think it's legit due to the fact that Radiohead's main site and ticket store are both down at the moment. It's going to be a pain in the ass getting tickets though.

Dirk Gently
05-01-2006, 02:54 PM
*checks* Ah yes, Itch. Faithless, the Wonder Boy is a disappointing song. I was expecting something akin to Wonderboy by Tenacious D.

I want to hear Exit Music :cry:
Hearing Radiohead perform "Exit Music" live was a religious experience. I was entirely goosebumps when they hit the "Now we are one..." crescendo. Seeing "True Love Waits" performed live was a cool experience, too.

Glen_Hansard
05-01-2006, 02:56 PM
Hearing Radiohead perform "Exit Music" live was a religious experience. I was entirely goosebumps when they hit the "Now we are one..." crescendo. Seeing "True Love Waits" performed live was a cool experience, too.

I was talking about the Tribute album :haha

But yeah, both of those songs must be amazing live.

Dirk Gently
05-01-2006, 03:00 PM
:cheers: Sorry for taking that out of context. I've been a Radiohead fan for...11 years and I just wanted to figure out a way to interject :p: But yeah, last time I saw them was about 5 years ago. I felt like a Muslim making a pilgrimage to Mecca. Tremendous show. And I'm across the pond, so we don't get access to them like you do :p:

Glen_Hansard
05-01-2006, 04:51 PM
Possible tour info? Maybe? Yes? (http://www.mortigitempo.com/too_bored/showthread.php?t=33157)

It's posted on a radiohead forum, and I think it's legit due to the fact that Radiohead's main site and ticket store are both down at the moment. It's going to be a pain in the ass getting tickets though.

:eek: O.M.G.

oblique
05-01-2006, 05:01 PM
Yep, that's official now. According to their site tickets go on sale everywhere may 6th in most places, but limited amounts are being released tomorrow for the presale through waste.

Tombe
05-02-2006, 06:48 AM
Anyone heard the new tracks from the Koko gig last night? Search Radiohead Koko on youtube and you should find them.

It's sounding good. The untitled one is an upbeat piano-y number a la Cuttooth or Punch-Up, Bodysnatchers is quite Go To Sleep-esque, catchier than bird flu, and Arpeggi is just beautiful.

Draken
05-02-2006, 08:05 AM
Can't wait till thier full UK tour. Arpeggi is an amazing song.

nearvana
05-02-2006, 11:49 AM
Is Radiohead worth $80 a ticket? I wonder about these bands who are very vocal about ticket prices or staying true to their 'alternative' roots (for lack of a better description) and critiques of corporatism but then have expensive tickets. An e.g. is Pearl Jam who fought ticket master but I think you pay around $80 to see them as well. I like Radiohead way more than Pearl Jam, though, so I wonder if it is worth paying so much to see them. I haven't been able to see Radiohead yet and I think it would be a good concert since I like all their songs and they have a lot of variety in their music as well. Comments?

Draken
05-02-2006, 11:52 AM
I paid £60 for a festival ticket because i want to see Radiohead so essentially i am paying $100 to see them and from footage i have seen it would be fantastic.

Glen_Hansard
05-02-2006, 11:53 AM
^Yep, do it. Everyone I know who has seen Radiohead has said it was the best gig they had ever been to.

Anyone heard the new tracks from the Koko gig last night? Search Radiohead Koko on youtube and you should find them.

It's sounding good. The untitled one is an upbeat piano-y number a la Cuttooth or Punch-Up, Bodysnatchers is quite Go To Sleep-esque, catchier than bird flu, and Arpeggi is just beautiful.

Bodysnatchers wasn't that good, but it was cool. I was more impressed by Cymbal Rush.

I didn't watch Arpreggi because that's old news, old man.

starsnostars
05-02-2006, 01:38 PM
isn't gagging order a b-side from hail to the thief?

Glen_Hansard
05-02-2006, 02:00 PM
isn't gagging order a b-side from hail to the thief?

Oh yeah, from Go To Sleep. Whoops :o

tezhall
05-02-2006, 04:08 PM
I paid £60 for a festival ticket because i want to see Radiohead so essentially i am paying $100 to see them and from footage i have seen it would be fantastic.

Stafford or Chelmsford?

Draken
05-02-2006, 04:13 PM
Stafford its closer to where i live.

tezhall
05-03-2006, 03:07 PM
Me as well :)

Draken
05-03-2006, 03:50 PM
Coolio.

Glen_Hansard
05-03-2006, 04:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEjd6R_pImk&search=Anyone%20Can%20Play%20Guitar

There is a bit in that video where Thom does something I've never seen him do. It actually scared me.

Then he jumps into a pool.

And they all look like retards.

Lol.

Roflmycopter.

Tombe
05-03-2006, 06:16 PM
What the hell is Jonny doing at the end?

In fact, what the hell is Thom doing all the way through?

oblique
05-03-2006, 06:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEjd6R_pImk&search=Anyone%20Can%20Play%20Guitar

There is a bit in that video where Thom does something I've never seen him do. It actually scared me.

Then he jumps into a pool.

And they all look like retards.

Lol.

Roflmycopter.

That made me die a little on the inside. I think that was right after Creep had become a gigantic hit, and they were being given the MTV one hit wonder treatment.

Aka55
05-04-2006, 05:04 PM
Camping out tonight to get tickets to the Montreal show.

las7
05-04-2006, 06:12 PM

You make me sad...
Quite sad indeed...
Leftovers pleasee...The two albums although having some similarities quite conclusively show a different approach to music....
And the Pyramid Song is one of the most beautiful and depressing pieces of music RadioHead has made.

BaggerDasker17
05-05-2006, 12:39 AM
i cant wait to hear the new songs with the full band
cymbal rush sounded good
bodysnatchers was alright, but with full band it should be better

and Pyramid Song is amazing
they basically made a beautiful song while throwing normal song structure out the window

NeuroticBob
05-05-2006, 12:42 AM
Oh good god yes, I just found out Radiohead is playing 2 shows in San Diego and LA. My day just got sooo much better. And with deerhoof to boot. Amazing.

starsnostars
05-05-2006, 03:49 AM
You make me sad...
Quite sad indeed...
Leftovers pleasee...The two albums although having some similarities quite conclusively show a different approach to music....
And the Pyramid Song is one of the most beautiful and depressing pieces of music RadioHead has made.

no really. the albums were recorded at the same time, and the songs that are on amnesiac are the songs that didn't make the cut for kid a: left-overs. read up.

sorry to have to add this on, but since i make you sad, i thought i would let you know it makes me sad when people spell it RadioHead

spunky_chooken
05-05-2006, 06:51 AM
I like radiohead but I think they can get a bit too depressing at times. And Thom Yorkes voice ****s me sometimes. Idk seems to me your either a diehard radiohead fan or you dont get it. Or your like me who gets it but cbf getting into it enoguh to enjoy it like the diehard fans.

Glen_Hansard
05-05-2006, 01:16 PM
no really. the albums were recorded at the same time, and the songs that are on amnesiac are the songs that didn't make the cut for kid a: left-overs. read up.

AMNESIAC IS NOT LEFT OVERS FROM THE KID A SESSIONS.

Listen to Kid A, then listen to Amnesiac. In Kid A, something bad is happening, but Amnesiac has a different feel.

EDITED :(

Aka55
05-05-2006, 04:42 PM
Got tickets in the 25th row for the Montreal show. Dead tired though.

What's you guys' favorite cd off of the Towering Above the Rest Collection?

I have to say #2...

starsnostars
05-05-2006, 04:43 PM
AMNESIAC IS NOT LEFT OVERS FROM THE KID A SESSIONS. FACT.

Listen to Kid A, then listen to Amnesiac. In Kid A, something bad is happening, but Amnesiac has a different feel. The band didn't write Kid A then put all the stuff that didn't make it on Amnesiac, they had a completely different idea for Amnesiac.

from atease

Jonny Greenwood speaking about the material which was omitted from 'Kid A'. He said: "We've got about 13 or 14 songs which we need to edit a little bit, maybe take a couple out, maybe remix one or two, put them in the right order, and then it is done."

However, bassist Colin Greenwood said: "I'm not sure they are two records. We had that group of songs to make one record, and the other ones are left over.

Jonny: "It does sound similar, because it was recorded at the same of time [as kid a] and there is some similar songs.

Glen_Hansard
05-05-2006, 04:48 PM
^from atease:

Jonny Greenwood speaking about the material which was omitted from 'Kid A'. He said: "We've got about 13 or 14 songs which we need to edit a little bit, maybe take a couple out, maybe remix one or two, put them in the right order, and then it is done."

[appropriate O RLY picture]

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d50/GlenHansard/radioheadYARLY.jpg

:eek:

tezhall
05-05-2006, 07:03 PM
AMNESIAC IS NOT LEFT OVERS FROM THE KID A SESSIONS.

Listen to Kid A, then listen to Amnesiac. In Kid A, something bad is happening, but Amnesiac has a different feel.

I have to say I agree with this - I don't like either album, but my understanding of this was that they recorded all the stuff at the same time, and then took that and made both albums at the same time....just released them separately.

The "tale I was told at the time" was that they put out the first one to get rid of the "hangers on" from Creep / Bends / OKC and to make sure that their more complete album (Amnesiac) was then appreciated by the real fans and missed by those who didn't get what Radiohead "was all about"

Which made a lot of sense at the time. And yes I do realise that makes me a Hanger-On :D but hey we all have to fit in a box at some time :)

pumpkins_rule
05-05-2006, 08:11 PM
I listened to Kid A for the first time in a good while, and man, it is such a good record. Especially the opening and closing trakcs.

starsnostars
05-06-2006, 12:46 AM
I have to say I agree with this - I don't like either album, but my understanding of this was that they recorded all the stuff at the same time, and then took that and made both albums at the same time....just released them separately.

from atease

However, bassist Colin Greenwood said: "I'm not sure they are two records. We had that group of songs to make one record, and the other ones are left over.

i'm sorry, but you made me

Draken
05-06-2006, 02:55 AM
I listened to Kid A for the first time in a good while, and man, it is such a good record. Especially the opening and closing trakcs.

Pablo Honey - Typical Debut.
Bends - Most Conventional, but with quirks
OK Computer - Experimental, move away from rock.
Kid A - concept album, single story flowing songs
Amnesiac - bit dischordant in it's structure, but nice counter point to the flow of Kid A
Hail To The Thief - Mix of Bends rockyness and Kid A and Amnesiac's quirkyness and experimentalism.

sirpsycho85
05-06-2006, 04:14 AM

I like "How To Dissappear Completely" and the last three tracks the most.

oh and radiohead tickets for MSG sold out in like two minutes and im pissed as **** because we tried to buy them right when they went on sale and couldn't.

starsnostars
05-06-2006, 04:39 AM
OK Computer - Experimental, move away from rock.

that was their 'rock' album?

i know everyone says it's experimental, but fitter happier is really the only track that comes close to being so. or as i see it.

Glen_Hansard
05-06-2006, 07:13 AM
that was their 'rock' album?

i know everyone says it's experimental, but fitter happier is really the only track that comes close to being so. or as i see it.

The Bends is their rock album. Electioneering is the only song on OK Computer that is a bit rocky.

tezhall
05-06-2006, 08:34 AM
i'm sorry, but you made me

Not being an idiot I had already read that bit ;)

However the point I made does still stand - shock horror maybe Radiohead said something once in an interview that wasn't 100% true in order to have their own private joke at the expense of the corporate music business :eek:

I'm not saying it's a fact, like my post said (the bit you helpfully didn't quote to lend your point more weight when you posted it the second time?) it's just what I was told at the time from quite a few people.

End of the day nobody knows what goes on in the band save the band themselves, but think for just one second about them as musicians - are they the sort of people who would put out an album of "leftover" tracks purely because their record company says so? Then when you've thought of that, pull your head out of your arse and start making some sense :)

starsnostars
05-06-2006, 10:17 AM
Not being an idiot I had already read that bit ;)

However the point I made does still stand - shock horror maybe Radiohead said something once in an interview that wasn't 100% true in order to have their own private joke at the expense of the corporate music business :eek:

I'm not saying it's a fact, like my post said (the bit you helpfully didn't quote to lend your point more weight when you posted it the second time?) it's just what I was told at the time from quite a few people.

End of the day nobody knows what goes on in the band save the band themselves, but think for just one second about them as musicians - are they the sort of people who would put out an album of "leftover" tracks purely because their record company says so? Then when you've thought of that, pull your head out of your arse and start making some sense :)

they've said it more than once. i gave you three times. and i wouldn't believe it to be a joke. they're much more funny than that.

The Bends is their rock album. Electioneering is the only song on OK Computer that is a bit rocky.

airbag, paranoid android: that's as balls to the wall rock as it gets for radiohead. the bends and just are the only two rock songs from the bends.

Draken
05-06-2006, 10:21 AM
Thom likes jokes apparently and he gets bored with interviewers who ask inane questions, so he says silly things or random things.

nearvana
05-06-2006, 10:22 AM
I like "How To Dissappear Completely" and the last three tracks the most.

oh and radiohead tickets for MSG sold out in like two minutes and im pissed as **** because we tried to buy them right when they went on sale and couldn't.
Ha, that's nothing. I went online several minutes before they went on sale and just kept refreshing the page until the tix were available. To no avail, though, as they were sold out and it seemed even before 2 minutes! I haven't seen Radiohead live either so it really sucks. I am seeing some other acts at least, one band this month and a couple more in May. But, how the heck does a band's tickets sell out in under 2 minutes, huh?!? :eek:

Btw, there are a lot of organizations that get tickets and then re-sell them for three times as much. Just google Radiohead tickets for an example.

starsnostars
05-06-2006, 10:23 AM
and i gave you a few times that jonny and colin said it. not thom

Dom_H
05-06-2006, 11:50 AM
Just recently got into them. Don't know how i missed them for so long!

tezhall
05-06-2006, 12:30 PM
they've said it more than once. i gave you three times. and i wouldn't believe it to be a joke. they're much more funny than that.

airbag, paranoid android: that's as balls to the wall rock as it gets for radiohead. the bends and just are the only two rock songs from the bends.

Sorry, I honestly thoguth you'd given us the same quote three times - my bad ;)

The Bends is all rock songs. That's pretty much a given as their "rock" album, OKC was their "transition" album, to the point that me being a self confessed "rocky Radiohead" fan I hated it for bloody years, so I should know if it's rock or not ;)

Glen_Hansard
05-06-2006, 12:30 PM

Planet Telex, The Bends, My Iron Lung, Just, and Bones to a lesser extent.

Paranoid Android, Electioneering and to a lesser extent Exit Music are the only real rock tracks on OKC. The one's I just mentioned on The Bends are heavier then anything else on OKC.

but think for just one second about them as musicians - are they the sort of people who would put out an album of "leftover" tracks purely because their record company says so? Then when you've thought of that, pull your head out of your arse and start making some sense

:goflclap:

RustyGold
05-06-2006, 06:07 PM
Radiohead is the best band in the world.

Draken
05-06-2006, 07:09 PM
Kid A is life from waking up to dying. Amnesiac is the randomness yet also the bliss of the afterlife and stuff like that.

Glen_Hansard
05-07-2006, 07:22 AM
Kid A is about the first child after the apocalypse and how he reinvents music, isn't it? Then Motion Picture Soundtrack is him dying and entering the afterlife.

A new Radiohead song 'Bangers 'n Mash' was performed last night at KB Hallen in Copenhagen. The song features Thom on drums during part of the song

:eek:

EDIT: I just watched the video. Very cool. Whe Thom gets on drums Jonny goes center stage for a while.

"I've got the partisaaaaaaan, the partisaaaaaaaan, partisaaaaan"

I think that's what he's saying anyway...

Tombe
05-07-2006, 11:08 AM
That song is incredible.

Glen_Hansard
05-07-2006, 12:10 PM
That song is incredible.

Yeah, my favourite of Arpeggi, Cymbal Rush and Bodysnatchers.

Draken
05-07-2006, 01:29 PM
The new stuff that's been revealed so far is really good.

oblique
05-07-2006, 01:30 PM
NEW RADIOHEAD SONGS YAY (http://www.ateaseweb.com/mb/index.php?showtopic=84266)

From Copenhagen last night. House of Cards, 15 Step, and Bodysnatchers all sound amazing.

i_strum_i_drum
05-07-2006, 01:41 PM
Anyone know what the deal is with their tour in terms of tickets?
I was trying to purchase some sixty seconds after their release and they were (and still are) "unavailable".
I'm guessing they sold more in the pre-sale than they anitcipated?

Glen_Hansard
05-07-2006, 01:54 PM
NEW RADIOHEAD SONGS YAY (http://www.ateaseweb.com/mb/index.php?showtopic=84266)

From Copenhagen last night blahblahblah House of Cards blahblahblah

House of Cards has been around for a while. It sounds soooooooo much like old REM

oblique
05-07-2006, 02:05 PM
^ I think this is a different version though, apparently some people barely recognized it the first time they heard it. I've never heard the older versions though so I'm not sure.

And every date on their tour sold out within minutes, it was pretty much luck as to who got tickets. And of course now there are hundreds of tickets being scalped by assholes on ebay for hundreds of dollars.

Glen_Hansard
05-07-2006, 02:51 PM
^ I think this is a different version though, apparently some people barely recognized it the first time they heard it. I've never heard the older versions though so I'm not sure.

*listens* Woah, that is so different. Better, IMO. You can still hear the REMness, though(I'm not complaining, I love REM)

lp_mayer_guitar
05-07-2006, 04:11 PM
i only have ok computer and kid a, but i gotta say my fav songs are probaly exit music for a film, idioteque, paraniod android, but yeah both albums are amazing. thom makes me wanna spell my name like that, but id be quite toolish if i did it just cuz he did it.

Glen_Hansard
05-08-2006, 02:00 PM
Bangers 'n' Mash is now probably my favourite song, besides Idioteque.

fiona23
05-08-2006, 02:20 PM
oh dear god i nearly cried when i didnt get tickets, but yeah i actually cannot wait for the new album.
favourite album: probably HTTT
favourite track: true love waits, talk show host or fake plastic trees

Glen_Hansard
05-10-2006, 10:25 AM
Sad news, Phil's mum died :( RIP Mrs. Selway

The gig in Amsterdam tonight has been cancelled, but UK dates will go ahead.

Draken
05-10-2006, 12:50 PM
Bangers 'n' Mash is now probably my favourite song, besides Idioteque.

I'm really Loving Lucky at the moment that song is sexy.

DirgeForTheSun
05-10-2006, 05:50 PM
how many people have seen the newish DVD?

its from london in like 94, and they play a bunch of songs from the bends before they were released, and most of pablo honey

the performance is amazing, they have so much energy

anyone, there is this one song called maquiladora and it completely pwns

does anyone know if its on one of the EPs or imports or something?

oblique
05-10-2006, 06:15 PM
Yeah, I have that DVD. Great performance, Jonny is a great guitarist. They actually used the instrumentals from that nights My Iron Lung on The Bends.

Glen_Hansard
05-10-2006, 06:36 PM
how many people have seen the newish DVD?

its from london in like 94, and they play a bunch of songs from the bends before they were released, and most of pablo honey

the performance is amazing, they have so much energy

anyone, there is this one song called maquiladora and it completely pwns

does anyone know if its on one of the EPs or imports or something?

It's on High and Dry CD1

I haven't seen the DVD, but I've heard the production is crap and does not do it justice. I have a DVD I taped off VH2, Shepherds Bush (recent, not sure what year), and t'is pwnage.

Glen_Hansard
05-12-2006, 05:12 PM
Sorry for the double post, but some people will want to see this.

www.theeraser.net

It was posted by Thom on Dead Air Space. The domain is owned by Chris Hufford, Radiohead manager.

http://www.theeraser.net/movie03.swf That's yesterday's movie. The way they both end for some reason scares the **** out of me.

cliff_em_all
05-12-2006, 06:02 PM
Ive decided exit music is theyre best song along with bullet proof, everything is in its right place, the whole my iron lung ep, the whole of OK computer, all of the bends, all of pablo honey and more. :p:

Andrewbiles
05-12-2006, 08:05 PM
Anyone else pick up the 'Exit music' album? I'm sure I saw someone mention it a little earlier but I can't be bothered to search.

The versions of 'Paranoid Android' and 'Knives out' are top stuff. They were two of my favourite Radiohead tracks (but in the other order), and they have not put me off the originals one bit. The album as a whole is about a 5.5/10 to 6.5/10, but its one where the good are really good and the bad are terrible.

Glen_Hansard
05-13-2006, 07:22 AM
this is just a note to say that something has been kicking around in the background that i have not told you about.
its called The Eraser.
nigel produced & arranged it .
i wrote and played it.
the elements have been kicking round now for a few years and needed to be finished & i have been itching to do something like this for ages.
it was fun and quick to do.
inevitably it is more beats & electronics.
but its songs.
stanley did the cover.
yes its a record!
no its not a radiohead record.
as you know the band are now touring and writing new stuff and getting to a good space so i want no crap about me being a traitor or whatever splitting up blah blah...
this was all done with their blessing. and i don't wanna hear that word solo. doesnt sound right.
ok then thats that.

i think its out in july and im pretty certain XL are going to put it out.

love thom

Hurray!

ratm136
05-13-2006, 07:34 AM
Amazing! other bands come and go in my top 10, but radiohead are always there at the top. can't express the complete admiration and awe i feel for this band. true, some of their stuff is a bit depressing, but so is life :P
And i'm going to see them on monday at wolverhampton for the first time!!!!!

Glen_Hansard
05-17-2006, 09:45 AM
http://www.lders.nl/

Some of the new songs there.

Tombe
05-17-2006, 10:03 AM
Amazing! other bands come and go in my top 10, but radiohead are always there at the top. can't express the complete admiration and awe i feel for this band. true, some of their stuff is a bit depressing, but so is life :P
And i'm going to see them on monday at wolverhampton for the first time!!!!!

How good was that gig?! They played Let Down and Bones!

Glen_Hansard
05-17-2006, 10:31 AM
How good was that gig?! They played Let Down and Bones!

I am lovin' the new setlists.

Draken
05-17-2006, 12:48 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VC-AwONjhVA&search=radiohead

full band version of Arpeggi vewy vwey tasty.

Glen_Hansard
05-17-2006, 01:28 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VC-AwONjhVA&search=radiohead

full band version of Arpeggi vewy vwey tasty.

Just...wow...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSI2ptJJK9g...rch=Myxomatosis

Watch after 2:30. Good ol' Thom.

Draken
05-17-2006, 03:35 PM
If you can find it on there watch the 2003 Glastonbury preformance especially Paranoid Android. Or the Belfort 1997 Lucky.

Glen_Hansard
05-17-2006, 04:00 PM
If you can find it on there watch the 2003 Glastonbury preformance especially Paranoid Android. Or the Belfort 1997 Lucky.

I have Just from Glasto 03, t'is coolio3000.

It's not Radiohead but I have Muse playing a cool riff from Befort 1999 or 2000. Matt with SG/Blond Hair/Sunglassses.

Draken
05-18-2006, 02:47 AM
Just is coolio all the time RH have a core of songs now which they nearly always play:
Just
Paranoid Android
Lucky
Exit Music
No Surprises
The Bends
Everything in it's right place
Idioteque
Pyramid Song
I might Be Wrong
There There

Glen_Hansard
05-19-2006, 05:56 PM
Oh good Jesus above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeIWu8CnZzI&search=Pop%20Is%20Dead%20Radiohead

sonixon
05-20-2006, 01:06 AM
I love me some 'head.

Love what I've heard from this album so far.

Dirk Gently
05-20-2006, 01:11 AM
Oh good Jesus above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeIWu8CnZzI&search=Pop%20Is%20Dead%20Radiohead
That was...hilarious. I expect to see something like that on Japanese TV.

ratm136
05-20-2006, 07:37 PM
ha ha. i was at wolves civic on the 15th- i'm still recovering! best gig- **** that, best time of my life so far..........ahhhhh ohhh ohhh :D :D :D
thom yorke must be god- rest of the band can be minor deities, etc

Lukeisonfire
05-20-2006, 10:31 PM
Sorry about the bad **** i said about them earlier. I just picked up the bends and i love it!!!!!!!!!!! My iron lung and just are becoming some of my favortie songs. John is an amazing underrated guitarist. he kicks ass on disortion. What album shall luke pick up next by them?

Lukeisonfire
05-20-2006, 10:32 PM
oh yeah and my dad gave me a bootleg concert album. its awsome

oblique
05-20-2006, 10:53 PM
Woo, a new convert. :p:

Pick up OK Computer, then make the jump to Kid A, Amnesiac, and Hail to the Thief. Ok Computer is total genius, a whole bunch of their best songs ever on that one album. If you're interested in more live stuff, get the Live at the Astoria dvd that recently came out. They play a lot of Pablo Honey and songs from the Bends that at that time hadn't been released, it's cool.

And that Pop is Dead video... Wow. :haha That song has got to be the worst they've ever written.

starsnostars
05-21-2006, 12:24 AM
they have much worse songs than pop is dead

it's probably just their worst single

Dirk Gently
05-21-2006, 01:51 AM
Sorry about the bad **** i said about them earlier. I just picked up the bends and i love it!!!!!!!!!!! My iron lung and just are becoming some of my favortie songs. John is an amazing underrated guitarist. he kicks ass on disortion. What album shall luke pick up next by them?
Tell Luke to pick up OK Computer next. You obviously aren't talking about yourself because only jackasses refer to themselves in the 3rd person.

Draken
05-21-2006, 04:55 AM
I got bootlegs of thier Copenhagen, Wolverhampton and Amsterdamn gigs from this year.
Thier 2004 Earls court performance, an acoustic set, Thier 2004 Canal gig, thier 1997 Glastonbury gig and some other stuff as well, including early versions of Airbag, Paranoid android, no surprises, Fake plastic trees, How to disappear, Subterranean homesick alien, the bends demo and loads of other stuff.

Glen_Hansard
05-21-2006, 04:58 AM
I knew Lukeisonfire would like them.

I got bootlegs of thier Copenhagen, Wolverhampton and Amsterdamn gigs from this year.
Thier 2004 Earls court performance, an acoustic set, Thier 2004 Canal gig, thier 1997 Glastonbury gig and some other stuff as well, including early versions of Airbag, Paranoid android, no surprises, Fake plastic trees, How to disappear, Subterranean homesick alien, the bends demo and loads of other stuff.

Luke, you could just say "I have the 24 Disc version Towering Above The Rest, and some bootlegs".

I :heart: Towering Above The Rest.

Draken
05-21-2006, 05:02 AM
So verdicts on some of the new songs so far i've heard:
Open Pick
15 Steps
Bangers and Mash
Arpeggi
Nude
Bodysnatchers
Spooks
House of Cards
I want none of this
Go slowly.

They still haven't played lift or morning me lud' yet.

Glen_Hansard
05-21-2006, 05:57 AM
Open Pick
15 Steps
Bangers and Mash
Arpeggi
Nude
Bodysnatchers
Spooks
House of Cards
I want none of this
Go slowly.

I just downloaded them all. From what I heard before my favourites are Bangers and Mash and House of Cards.

ratm136
05-21-2006, 08:37 AM
anyone got the dvd's? i've got 'making friends is easy' but not sure whether to buy the others- a lot of people say they're ****e and i'm not made of money.

Lukeisonfire
05-21-2006, 11:02 AM
Woo, a new convert. :p:

Pick up OK Computer, then make the jump to Kid A, Amnesiac, and Hail to the Thief. Ok Computer is total genius, a whole bunch of their best songs ever on that one album. If you're interested in more live stuff, get the Live at the Astoria dvd that recently came out. They play a lot of Pablo Honey and songs from the Bends that at that time hadn't been released, it's cool.

And that Pop is Dead video... Wow. :haha That song has got to be the worst they've ever written.

The bootleg contains most of the bends, some of palbo, and some of ok computer. Its awsome

Draken
05-21-2006, 11:37 AM
anyone got the dvd's? i've got 'making friends is easy' but not sure whether to buy the others- a lot of people say they're ****e and i'm not made of money.

Live at the Astoria '94 is good.

On another note, i got Com Lag today for £7.

starsnostars
05-21-2006, 01:20 PM

all the dvds that radiohead has put out are great, in fact meeting people is easy is probably the hardest one for most people to get into since it's a documentary

Open Pick
15 Steps
Bangers and Mash
Arpeggi
Nude
Bodysnatchers
Spooks
House of Cards
I want none of this
Go slowly.

i like 15 steps, but after hearing most of these, i really wish they would take another year or two to work on the album

Glen_Hansard
05-21-2006, 02:58 PM
Is it just me or is Ed's Scary Song one of the top five best Radiohead songs?

i really wish they would take another year ... to work on the album

They are, they are just practicing the songs on tour and changing them as they go along. Remember, they have the rest of the UK and Ireland then America to kinkyize the songs.

starsnostars
05-21-2006, 10:18 PM
Is it just me or is Ed's Scary Song one of the top five best Radiohead songs?

They are, they are just practicing the songs on tour and changing them as they go along. Remember, they have the rest of the UK and Ireland then America to kinkyize the songs.

i meant another year or two to write new songs

Shermy
05-22-2006, 06:57 AM
For all u radiohead nuts, check out kashmir
hey isn't one of the new songs called 'videotape' as well???

Glen_Hansard
05-22-2006, 02:19 PM
Videotape and 15 Step are coolio. I love what Thom is doing at the begining of 15 Step.

Glen_Hansard
05-28-2006, 06:51 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sLqZPZ7PXEc&search=big%20boots%2C%20radiohead

Coolio3000 video of Big Boots in studio.

starsnostars
05-28-2006, 01:39 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sLqZPZ7PXEc&search=big%20boots%2C%20radiohead

Coolio3000 video of Big Boots in studio.

i don't know why that's "exclusive". i saw it 8 years ago when i first bought meeting people is easy

Glen_Hansard
05-31-2006, 04:08 PM
The closest thing to a religous experience on YouTube. Just absolutly **** ****ity **** **** amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swkU8YBHWd4&search=Pyramid%20%20%20Song%20%20%20Wolverhampton

tpen892004
05-31-2006, 05:47 PM
im listening to radiohead right now

Glen_Hansard
05-31-2006, 05:51 PM
I'm playing Radiohead on guitar right now.

Andrewbiles
05-31-2006, 06:04 PM
I'm downloading the Hammersmith show that I missed out on, from Radiohead right now.

Draken
05-31-2006, 06:06 PM
Look on the Thom Yorke thread i just posted the link to download some of his solo work.

Glen_Hansard
05-31-2006, 06:10 PM
I'm downloading the Hammersmith show that I missed out on, from Radiohead right now.

You poor thing :(

Andrewbiles
05-31-2006, 06:12 PM
^ Exactly what I thought

Look on the Thom Yorke thread i just posted the link to download some of his solo work.

Glen_Hansard
05-31-2006, 06:14 PM

Ohhhhhhhhh, look out Luke, Andrew is getting freaky on yo' ass.

Draken
05-31-2006, 06:15 PM
^ Exactly what I thought

Thom=Radiohead member ergo = ok =2 + 2 =5.

Does anyone know a legitimate way to get Karma Police EP, I.e. Not eBay.

oblique
06-01-2006, 09:07 PM
I'm going to see them in Boston on Sunday, found out this evening that a friend of my parent's who works at the venue was able to get me tickets.

Holy shit, I'm so excited. If they play Let Down or the Tourist I'll probably die of happiness right there.

Godzilla1969
06-01-2006, 10:24 PM
^you are incredibly lucky. I tried to get tickets for their Los Angeles show way too late.

gfhawkins
06-02-2006, 08:20 AM
thanks for the link ya ledge!

starsnostars
06-02-2006, 01:09 PM
Does anyone know a legitimate way to get Karma Police EP, I.e. Not eBay.

i'm sure you can find it on amazon

Glen_Hansard
06-02-2006, 07:07 PM
^http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000006UPM/sr=8-1/qid=1149289605/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-1449829-9736015?%5Fencoding=UTF8
?

I'm loving Amnesiac right now. Wow.

Andrewbiles
06-02-2006, 08:11 PM
^ Their best album in my opinion. Hotly followed by 'The Bends' & 'Ok Computer' though

Glen_Hansard
06-03-2006, 07:01 AM
^ Their best album in my opinion. Hotly followed by 'The Bends' & 'Ok Computer' though

I hadn't actually realised how good it was, I don't know how I missed that. It's my favourite album at the moment, but I still think Kid A is the most amazing concept album ever.

Knives Out and Life in a Glass House = :heart:

Guitarist132
06-03-2006, 12:14 PM
Ever seen the video of him playing his guitar like a violin nicky?