Recruitment Techniques

PDA

View Full Version : Recruitment Techniques

FadingRoots
04-16-2006, 06:17 AM
I've been looking for a good bassist for a month or so now, and can't seem to find one willing to be in a glam band ANYWHERE. At least, not anywhere in Taipei. Anyone have and tips on how to go about finding/recriuiting a bassist? And please don't just reply with "pst an add in teh noospaper nd ptu up fliers", I could think of that myself. I need ideas that AREN'T blatantly obvious.

randyrhoads...
04-16-2006, 06:50 AM
i kno that some music stores, and bars that feature live music, often have advertisements or band mates or will allow you to put advertisements up. im not sure if u have already done nething like that, but id imagine it would be worth a try.

psychodelia
04-16-2006, 09:57 AM
The only thing I could suggest is that someone in your band takes up bass temporarily and you try to play a few shows. Hopefully you'd run into some people who like your stuff, and maybe one of them would be a bassist.

FadingRoots
04-16-2006, 06:41 PM
Yeah, I've already tried to convince our lead guitarist to take up bass, but her hands are too small for it. I'm actually a bassist, but I dont really know any glam stuff on bass and I would really rather play rhythm guitar