Bass or Guitar?

PDA

View Full Version : Bass or Guitar?

Shadowz_at_Dawn
04-16-2006, 10:44 AM
alright heres whats going on. I'm in a band with conky420. the band is sorta dormant, there isnt enough people. we both play guitar and we're having trouble finding other people to play cuz everyone in this town who plays an instrument is usually playing guitar. so we both want to play gutiar for the band. but conky420 duznt wanna play bass cuz he sez he sucks at it. and I have this sound that he duznt have for guitar, no offense conky420. and it would make it alot easier if i just take bass lessons and play bass for the band. but i fear if i play bass the band would lose my punkish sound. do we search for a bassist or do we take an easier route and lose a sound in the process?

gynther flynt
04-16-2006, 10:53 AM
play the instrument that you want to play. it's no use to anyone if you play bass unwillingly. i suggest you search for a bass player.

eviledge87
04-16-2006, 11:09 AM
play what you want to play, unless you can magically play bass the way you play guitar

Forcemaster
04-16-2006, 02:26 PM
I'd say get a bass player, you wont be any good a bass player after just a few lessons, even if you played beforehand.

Shadowz_at_Dawn
04-16-2006, 03:11 PM
I'd say get a bass player, you wont be any good a bass player after just a few lessons, even if you played beforehand.
true true

NotAJock2Day
04-16-2006, 04:29 PM
Guitar players to tend to adjust pretty well to bass once they get the muscle for it. Most play with a pick though, which isn't terrible even if it's frowned upon sometimes. Uh... wouldn't try magically switching, take a break and give yourself time to switch mate. Otherwise you'll be playing root notes until the rest of the band is sick of you. The (obvious) string gauge difference will also make you play slower than you'd like at first.